PDA

View Full Version : How to ask if you can do a photoshoot?

skellagirl
08-18-2012, 11:55 PM
So, there's this restaurant/pub near us that would be perfect for a Tangled photoshoot, and I'm just wondering...

How exactly do you go about asking if you can shoot there?

We wanted to do an Ace Attorney shoot in a courthouse or something similar, as well, but it never happened because none of us really know how to approach the subject.

Any tips??

Nostrum
08-19-2012, 08:45 AM
Man up! Haha.
"You really don't know what you can do until you try." - Dr Seuss.

You'd be surprised how open people can be to ideas. Just make sure you dress well and bring something with you for reference (such as a photo of the costume). Ask to speak to the manager, and fairly plainly tell them that you would love to use an area of their pub to do a photoshoot.
Gloss lots of praise about how it's the perfect setting, fluff their ego, and make sure to ask them to decide on a time that would be the most practical for them. You might find that they'll let you in at 9am before they open, and you might find that they won't let you do the shoot at 10pm Saturday night. ;)

skellagirl
08-19-2012, 10:49 PM
Lol! I've got no qualms about manning up (I mean the worst they can do is say no, right?), I was just unsure if it would be best to go in person, or to email, or call.

Thank you for the tips, though! I didn't think about reference photos, but that makes sense! As does fluffing their ego and such, haha.

I love your Lilith costume, by the way!! I was going to try and make her costume, but it hasn't come to fruition yet. You look ace.