PDA

View Full Version : Old games!

Tenjou
11-11-2002, 01:34 PM
Is anyone a fan of the really wicked old video games?

All I have ever had for a game console is my dad's Nintendo Entertainment System (NES) that is.. lesee.. 17 years old? I have looooots of games. I got some sports games (lots of golf.) like volleyball, wrestling... and then there are other games like Vegas Dream that I lovee (you can gamble and it's sorta roleplayish) and Looney Tunes Cartoon Maker. I also got Krusty's Funhouse. ^^ I should probably get all of the games and put them in this thread, but I'll just edit or post them later.

I also got the old Gameboy from my cousin, who's only game she gave me was Tetris XD

So anyone else? ^_^

Sirami
11-11-2002, 01:37 PM
Yup. I love old games! I have a whole slew of games for various systems, and have Emulators for some of the ones that don't work anymore. It'd take me forever to list off all of my Atari/Nintendo/Sega Gen games.

Tenjou
11-11-2002, 01:38 PM
I think my dad also had an Atari, but I'm pretty sure it broke.

It's fun to go NES game shopping. All I have to do is go to the Salvation Army and buy some! (the other day I got 3 games for like.. $2. *____* )

haru
11-11-2002, 01:53 PM
me too like the old game! like mario, teris, king kong... a lot can't remember the name
but a long time no touch those game, since i buy snes and PSone.
then now i buy PS2, my PS one and SNES seem to be "retire"

Fire Hero
11-11-2002, 01:54 PM
I still play Phantasy Star for Master System ._.

Hungryjack
11-11-2002, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by Tenjou
All I have ever had for a game console is my dad's Nintendo Entertainment System (NES) that is.. lesee.. 17 years old?

The NES is *NOT* 17 years old.....

*goes and checks calendar*

oh hell...

:(

Tenjou
11-11-2002, 02:24 PM
[ The NES is *NOT* 17 years old.....

oh hell... ]

^^ It's ok. I had to check Nintendo.com to make sure I was right. I thought it came out in 1985. ^^

SleepingKirby
11-11-2002, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by haru
[B
then now i buy PS2, my PS one and SNES seem to be "retire" [/B]

Emulators!!! :D

One of my all time faves from way back when is Ice climbers. I just like to smash little defenseless animals, I guess. :p (Defenseless? Those little seals killed me more times than I can remember!!!)

Chimera_Zero
11-11-2002, 03:09 PM
Oh, I liked to play Rush n' Attack, Megaman(Who could forget the mighty Blue Bomber ^^), Contra and tons of other ultra classic NES games that kept me up for hours on end.

Studmaster
11-11-2002, 03:12 PM
I think Old School is better than New School in many ways.

Celine
11-11-2002, 03:47 PM
NES isn't all that old, really. Really old and fantastic games are Pac-man, Marble Madness, Joust, Crystal Castles, Arkanoid, Warlords, and other stuff. ^^

Kenshin Ken
11-11-2002, 03:56 PM
hmm, maybe old games chalks it up to the " before the Playstation age" ^^;

I reemmbered playing Space invaders on the Atari, didn't know much of what I was doing since I kept flippin these switches that changed the game stettings n stuff hehe ^^;;

I loved Duck Hunt on the NES ^_^ lathough I wish the NEX didn't die on me ;_;.... the flashing blue screen comes on more and more till ya cant' even get the game booted in ^^;;;

An unrelated but somewhat related topic... do any of you guys remmeber back i nthe day.. when they had..40 or 100 games in one carteriage? ^^ I thought those were cool.

Maryssa
11-11-2002, 05:36 PM
Clash at Demonhead. There is no better ghetto game.

aeva
11-11-2002, 06:07 PM
I still have the original SEGA Genesis. This thing is bloody ancient. XD ....I love it. I only ahve a few games for it... SOnic The Hedge Hog, Sonic and Tails, MegaBomberMan, Tiny Toon Adventures..... the like. Ish so old. And so beautiful. ::pets her ancient machine::

My cousins used to have old arade games in their basement.. I'm talking like... early 70s old... I used to love playing those. >3

Yggdrasil Pie
11-11-2002, 07:34 PM
Hmm...The oldest gaming council I have is a SNES... Waii...I remember the day when I used to come home from elementry school and play my favorite Zelda game...XD

psythe
11-11-2002, 07:44 PM
Castlevania: Simon's Quest(nes)
Splatterhouse(tgfx16)
Devil's Crush(tgfx16)
Contra!!(nes)

Babbit_Chan
11-11-2002, 07:47 PM
Old school=Love

Is NES really 17 years old? Crazy... It's still cool in my book ^_^ I remember the days of Billy's Bayou, TM Ninja Turtles, Super Mario 3... *sigh* The games sell for like $2 @ Gamestop now. I wish I still had mine...

Kellie
11-11-2002, 07:50 PM
My two favorite games on NES were the super mario brothers games, excite bike and duck hunt. I always wanted to shoot that STUPID dog for laughing at me. Then I learned..to stand about an inch or so away from the screen. >) Haha! stupid dog didn't laugh then!

Sirami
11-11-2002, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by Tenjou
[ The NES is *NOT* 17 years old.....

oh hell... ]

^^ It's ok. I had to check Nintendo.com to make sure I was right. I thought it came out in 1985. ^^

Wow! That's a reality shaker! I don't think I started playing the NES until 87, but I'm not sure.

hmm, maybe old games chalks it up to the " before the Playstation age" ^^;

Heh, completely subjective statment. I tend to go with my fathers judgment:
When he sees a game with PSX grafical quality, he'll make a remark like: "that kind of looks like an old game."
Game with SNES quality grafics: "That looks like an older game."
Game with NES quality grafics: "That looks like a really old game."
Game that predates NES grafics: "Oh wow, I think I remember those old games!"

Michi
11-11-2002, 08:55 PM
SNES and Sega Genesis aren't that old. :o NES is only as old as me even. :X But I still love games for all those systems..

And Fire Hero ~ rock on. XD I never had a Master System, but I do love Phantasy Star via emulation. :3

L to the 3rd
11-11-2002, 09:06 PM
Nothing can beat the original
Gauntlet!!!!!!! ^_^

Babbit_Chan
11-11-2002, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by cherii chan
My two favorite games on NES were the super mario brothers games, excite bike and duck hunt. I always wanted to shoot that STUPID dog for laughing at me. Then I learned..to stand about an inch or so away from the screen. >) Haha! stupid dog didn't laugh then!
OMG I loved that game! I would just sit and laugh whenever I shot the ducks and yell at the dog when I missed!

Did anyone have that Olympics game where they actually had a pad you had to literally RUN on to do the track and hurdles?

Studmaster
11-11-2002, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by Babbit_Chan
OMG I loved that game! I would just sit and laugh whenever I shot the ducks and yell at the dog when I missed!

Did anyone have that Olympics game where they actually had a pad you had to literally RUN on to do the track and hurdles?

Yes I did. Lord I hated that game.

Iori E
11-11-2002, 11:21 PM
It's all about Gyromite. Dr. Hector and Dr. Vector should've been in more games.

Lords of Conquest was also very very cool, even though it was for the computer and not a console. Anyone else heard of this game?

pakachu420
11-12-2002, 12:39 AM
Originally posted by Babbit_Chan

yeah i did!!
lol
that game rocked!!

gawd i miss my old nintendo...contra, super c, megaman, blastermaster...*sigh*

Alaria
11-12-2002, 05:48 PM
I love my NES! I still have the gun for duck hunt, and the little robot guy for the gyromite game. I loved playing the original Marios, Pinball, Donkey Kong, Legend of Zelda, Ice Climbers.....Salvation army has games for cheap, you say?? ::::makes a quick dash to the nearest store:::

psythe
11-12-2002, 06:11 PM
Mega Man 2 was the stuff!!!

Setsuki-chan
11-14-2002, 08:04 AM
Earthbound is my favorite RPG of all time.

Mei Lan Chang
11-14-2002, 05:39 PM
Hahahhaha....I think I will have heart failure the day that my NES (the grey box of salvation) dies, and no one alive fixes them anymore. I used to run home from school and pop in Contra, Tetris, Legend of Zelda, Metroid, Duck Hunt, buncha Mario games, Excite Bike.....eeeeee how the list goes on. I also used to have fun sleep over parties where we would screw around with all the various cheat codes the Game Genie provided. Mario with moon gravity was just so novel.

KaineMaxwell
11-14-2002, 07:25 PM
I love playing old games from the NES downward, even emulating Coleco, Atari and vectrex myself!

Gothic_Lulu
11-14-2002, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by Mei Lan Chang
Hahahhaha....I think I will have heart failure the day that my NES (the grey box of salvation) dies, and no one alive fixes them anymore. I used to run home from school and pop in Contra, Tetris, Legend of Zelda, Metroid, Duck Hunt, buncha Mario games, Excite Bike.....eeeeee how the list goes on. I also used to have fun sleep over parties where we would screw around with all the various cheat codes the Game Genie provided. Mario with moon gravity was just so novel.

Just send it to me ^^! I can fix it lol....

Last year in school we had a shop christmas/chankuh/kwanza/whatever other hold was going on at the time party...

we had like 3 X Boxs (which we linked), a playstation and of course the classic NES..

haha...even had a blades of steal tornament....and there was like a ton of games.....

The NES died though halfway through (NO!!!!!) but since my shop is electronics we were able to ressurect it from the dead ^^....

The shop NES is beloved.....though I admit it was pretty scary taking it apart....O-o....

*now back on topic* Old games....I like anything really....emulators kick ass.....but you can find anything on ebay....so someday I hope to have a collection of the old systems...

-Gothic Lulu:devil:

Studmaster
11-14-2002, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by psyth3
Mega Man 2 was the stuff!!!

I like you more and more everyday. :D

makio
11-14-2002, 10:02 PM
Damn, damn, damn you all. No one has mentioned RIVER CITY RANSOM for NES. >:\ Sure, there was Battletoads. And even Double Dragon. But RCR rocked the WHOLE DAMN SHOW.

Oh, and SEGA...you're back on my X'mas card list if you truly are re-releasing Phantasy Star 1-3 on GameboyAdvance as the ad on the back of PSO2 for Gamecube states...you're guarenteed a candy cane too if PS4 and Shining Force is re-released next year.

KaitouKurogo
11-15-2002, 02:03 AM
Mario, Zelda, Pac-Man, Karate Master, Smash TV, A Boy And His Blob, Megaman, Ice Climbers...for the love of Nayru, I still have Pong. ^_^ Atari is a beautiful system if you can appreciate it. Anyone remember the Jaguar system, or am I really just a freak?

Best Stress Relief Game: Duck Hunt. No contest, but that laughing hound drove me nuts...I'm a crack-shot now because of that game.

Minki-The-Monki
11-15-2002, 02:27 AM
One of my favorite old games is always going to be the magic of Bubble Bobble. That games awesome. Secret of Mana was a really good game too. Oh you can't forgot Crono Trigger! Hehe. Let's see what else is there. Oh! ASTEROIDS! I love that game. So simple, but still so fun. Go figure.

KaitouKurogo
11-15-2002, 02:37 AM
**Gasp**

BUBBLE BOBBLE!!! SWEET HEAVENS!!!

How could I forget Bubble Bobble!?! I adored that game! I never did beat it though....making it two games I've never beaten completely...Bubble Bobble and Kirby Super Star.

Broken_Wings
11-15-2002, 01:11 PM
I still have all these games from when I was a little kid.... I occasionally plug in my NES when I'm bored and I'm not overtaken with schoolwork. I still have The Little Mermaid, Bubble Bobble, Legend of Zelda (my favorite :P), Dr. Mario, the original Super Mario Bros/Duck Hunt/Olympic thing, and the really old version of Super Mario Bros 3. I still have the power pad and laser gun around my house somewhere...

Speaking of Bubble Bobble, remember that music that played whenever that ugly white whale ghost-thingy popped up? I remember that used to scare the crap out of me. I think I was like three or four years old... and I remember my father would intentionally wait too long to swallow the monsters in the bubbles so it would pop up. Ahh, such a charming childhood...

I still have all these SNES games and (even though I don't have the system anymore, sadly) a few Atari games. Like Frogger and that really old ET game. Eeeee, I feel all old now...

Mei Lan Chang
11-15-2002, 02:29 PM
Ohhhh…I think Frogger must be one of the most unfuriating games I have ever played. You finally maky it actross the steet, past the snakey sidewalks over the logs and alligaters and then just when you are home free…WHAM….you miss the safety bushes and run into some spikes. And then you have to start allllll over again….T_T

I don’t think I ever got as much gratifaction out of Frogger as I didn’t stomach ulcers.

Arc_The_Lad
11-15-2002, 03:34 PM
Splatterhouse 1,2,3, Sonic 1,2,3, & Knuckles, Mario 1,2,3,World,World 2, Street's of Rage, and Shining Force 1 & 2 are all very good.

Celine
11-15-2002, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by KaitouKurogo
BUBBLE BOBBLE!!! SWEET HEAVENS!!!

How could I forget Bubble Bobble!?! I adored that game! I never did beat it though....making it two games I've never beaten completely...Bubble Bobble and Kirby Super Star.

Ahhhh!! YEAH, Bubble Bobble! It's one of the only reasons I still own a NES!!! That is such a fantastic game. How did I neglect to mention it??? I never finished it either... but it doesn't matter, it's just fun to play. ^_^

Tenjou
11-15-2002, 03:56 PM
[ Best Stress Relief Game: Duck Hunt. No contest, but that laughing hound drove me nuts...I'm a crack-shot now because of that game. ]

YEAH! I had Super Mario Bros./Duck Hunt, but awhile ago the guns stopped working, but I still play it and lose, just for fun. ^^:

psythe
11-15-2002, 03:59 PM
Excitebike

Rad Racer

Bionic Commando

L to the 3rd
11-15-2002, 04:05 PM
yeSH...! River City ransom!!!

SohjiroX
11-15-2002, 06:01 PM
Mario is the man! he got his own show and even his own drink for awhile.

Maryssa
11-15-2002, 11:47 PM
dude bubble bobble pissed me off. I actually went rhough all the trouble of getting to the end including all the secret levels, and when i beat the friggin boss, it basically goes TRY BEATING IT WITH 2 PLAYERS, BISH! Gaaaahhh i was so mad.

Broken_Wings
11-16-2002, 12:22 AM
What I hated about all the old NES games is that you could never save them! Well, I remember you could save Zelda, but not in anything else! I was a rambunxious little brat, so I'd be bouncy and hyper one minute, and then I'd be asleep the next. I never did beat any of my games as a kid, and sometimes I fall asleep while playing now. I'll be tapping away at the buttons and be like, "Just five more minutes..... ZZZZZzzzzzzZZZZZzzzzz.... *drool*"

Fire Hero
11-16-2002, 06:07 AM
I used to screw around playing games on a commodore 64, but i never really liked it. My first console was a coleco vision and I played tarzan all the time. Soooo fun, haha.

Dexter
10-20-2008, 02:54 AM
I still have my NES with a collection of 213 games, power glove, running mat, etc.

Michi
10-20-2008, 05:03 AM
This thread is 6 years old. Please check dates before posting.