PDA

View Full Version : Kirie & Sisters (Angel Sanctuary)

Garuda_Aiacos
11-11-2002, 12:41 PM
I'm thinking of making one of my friends cosplay Kirie (and me cosplaying it later too) this Dec cosplay event here. Got everything figured out except for one thing: Her Vest.

I'm aiming for her 2nd costume, the one she wore when she killed Sara but I'm not sure what color I should use for the vest. Any opinions?

Then for another friend who confirmed to cosplay this Dec, I had selected for her the Sister's costume (since she's not familiar with AS yet ). She'll be wearing a White Shirt and I'll make for her the apron (Black?), Veil, Bow and Skirt, and maybe lending her my Combat Boots.

Okay the problems:
1) For the headband, I gotten this Pink plain cotton lace. Thought want to contrast the Black & White tones of the costume. Good idea? Should I just stick with White or use other colors?

2) What fabric should I use to make the skirt? I had tried the pattern on a Cotton Fabric and it turned out a bit stiff so I want to get a better one for my friend's. Any recommandation of fabrics I can use, as long as it's not too expansive or too sheer (she is already an Indian so I don't want her dark skin to show throught the back).

3) Later on, I'll want to create this costume for myself too (I did the apron the other day. :p ) but I can't decide what fabric to use for the whole gown. I'm between using White Satin Back Crepe or Satin Back Shantung or Taffeta or other fabrics that's not too expansive or shiny or stiff. So which fabric is better for me to select?

Thanks!

Rosiel
11-11-2002, 01:05 PM
There is a color picture of Kirie in that outfit.
The vest is olive green. If no one can dig it up for you, I can scan it from my manga.

Garuda_Aiacos
11-12-2002, 03:54 AM
Err, in which issue is it? I only got up to #4, & #8 so the only color picture I got of her is the one from #3 inner cover (the beige vest).

Rosiel
11-12-2002, 08:59 AM
It could be beige... ^__^
Is the skirt olive green then?

Yes the dust cover that's the only color picture of Kirie in existence.

Garuda_Aiacos
11-12-2002, 11:42 AM
Ya, box dark green, light green & olive green.

But I think what you say about the Vest (the one I'm interested in) could be true as I also see Olive Green line along the V-Collar of her Beige Vest/Sweater which seems too uneven in width to be the collar lining of the Beige Vest/Sweater. Initially thought it was part of the Beige Vest/Sweater. :p

Thanks!