PDA

View Full Version : Cosplay Help (Persona 4 Yuu Narukami)

Shining Blaze
08-23-2012, 08:57 AM
Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I'm trying to do Yuu Narukami from Persona 4. It's an easy cosplay, but the kicker is that I'm trying to have Izanagi hanging over me somehow. I have an Izanagi cosplay and I'm gonna work on a Yuu Narukami cosplay, but the trouble is how to attach Izanagi to myself to make it look as if Izanagi is also there.

touchmon
08-23-2012, 02:42 PM
That's a cool idea. :) The way I can think of doing it is to look up how to make wing harnesses and attach Izanagi to that.

Shining Blaze
08-25-2012, 07:34 AM
I think that, asides from the harness, I need to find a dummy that I can throw my Izanagi cosplay onto that won't be too troublesome. After all, I'll have to travel with it. It can't be too stiff, since I have to place weapons in its hands, but it can't be too flexible or else it'll look like I have a rag doll attached to me.

JasonTerror
08-25-2012, 11:04 PM
What you can do is make a stuffed dummy if you choose that route, that the costume can be put onto. you can make most of it out of you. You can use duct tape (with a friends help) and put it on your clothes that you don't want and cut it off (this is a home made dress form). Then close it back up and stuff it with very light cotton fluff. then make a head. Since the persona itself has a helmet with a mask on it you don't need a good looking head made, just make it like look like a balloon or something. and attach it to the body and put the costume on it that way. You may want to do something to secure parts of the costume like the shoes and hands to make then stay on, and also the helmet just in case.

Also, to make it flex, you can add thick bendable wire in it which can make it stay in one position or another without flopping around. This way you can also put the weapon in his hand.