PDA

View Full Version : Anime Mid-Atlantic 4

nachtinis
02-16-2004, 11:16 AM
Anyone going to attend, it looks well rounded out.
http://animemidatlantic.com/

Reiko
02-16-2004, 11:21 AM
The gang and I will be there. we had fun last time and we cant wait to go back again! ^_^

NixKlouD
02-16-2004, 12:10 PM
I'm definitely going :D This'll be my first convention, but in that past some of my buddies have gone and told me about it- It soulnds like it's gonna be a blast! I'm excited :bigtu:

Darth Takeo
02-16-2004, 06:27 PM
What size is this con? Katsucon size? Anime USA? Or smaller or larger than either?

luvnpeese
02-16-2004, 09:04 PM
Way smaller than Katsucon, bigger than Anime USA.

I had an awesome time last year (we were the insane Trigun crew) but I think it'll be either Bebop, Hellsing, or Futurama for my 3-some group this year.

ainslye
02-16-2004, 09:53 PM
*waves hands* definately going. It was great last year, especially the walkie talkie tag, and the birth of the agents... muahahahahahaha

Sorahana
02-17-2004, 03:27 PM
I might go........might. I have to ask my mom ^^;. Since there probably isn't gonna be a BAAF this year, and the price for this is good. Maybe, just maybe. :crosses fingers:

Ganesh
02-17-2004, 07:17 PM
I will be there with four friends...

kaoss
02-18-2004, 03:10 PM
the whole 4 hour drive idea doesn't go well with my parents but... i may be there

static_phoenix
02-18-2004, 06:42 PM
it's where? richmond?

madhatterr104
02-18-2004, 06:56 PM
richmond *nods*

im going *does little dance*
100 days to go!

NekoZidane
02-19-2004, 03:21 PM
Ahhh yes, the birthplace of the Agents... I'm really looking forward to being there again. The new hotel has an indoor pool just like last year. I MUST spend at least ten hours in the pool like last year. Oh, and no shoes for the duration of the weekend.

Cosplay.com pool party, anyone?

ainslye
02-19-2004, 03:52 PM
Pool party? This year I shall remember to bring the bathing suit. It's blue!

nachtinis
02-19-2004, 06:33 PM
hmm, dont have pool costume, then again, i might, party on Wayne! Party on Garth!

Tora
02-19-2004, 08:03 PM
Ugghhhh the drive x_X

I'll find some way to be there... especially since we've got another group cosplay idea ^_~ Plus I think a small con would be good 'rehab' before the Otakon madness begins again.

Dual Weilder
02-20-2004, 05:18 PM
um yes, i should be going ^^ I can't go to Otakon so I'd really like to go to AMA, I went 2 years ago and it was fun. I'll probably have several friends going too!

Darth Takeo
02-21-2004, 12:55 PM
Ugghhhh the drive x_X

I'll find some way to be there... especially since we've got another group cosplay idea ^_~ Plus I think a small con would be good 'rehab' before the Otakon madness begins again.

Heh, it's a theraputic smaller con to help you build up to Otakon.

I'm still on the fence as to whether or not I'll attend. Richmond is the same distance as B-more, so it seems a bit much to make a hike to a smaller con. Perhaps a Saturday-only appearance to check it out? I'm more concerned with Otakon preparations at the moment and don't wanna throw a wrench in those plans..

leilan
02-22-2004, 05:31 PM
We should have a cosplay.com meetup before the pool party. :dance:

thetinmanandme
02-22-2004, 07:39 PM
ha... i laugh at everyones long drives... 10-15 inutes for me... ill probably be there... with my midget

NekoZidane
02-22-2004, 09:16 PM
sure we can all meet up, it's not like people can't FIND each other at AMA.

Whereas Otakon is a "see you next year" sort of deal, AMA is a "see you in five minutes" con.

Giant Alucard
02-22-2004, 10:10 PM
I'm not sure if I'm going to this con or AZ * depends on the group i go with.

ainslye
02-23-2004, 06:17 AM
sure we can all meet up, it's not like people can't FIND each other at AMA.

Whereas Otakon is a "see you next year" sort of deal, AMA is a "see you in five minutes" con.

unless you get lost in the hallways!
Left turn, right turn, up one set of stairs, down another, take a left to get to the elevators, go up a floor to the second set of elevators, down and around the corner. And that was just to get to our ~room~

LoL....

NekoZidane
02-23-2004, 09:32 AM
unless you get lost in the hallways!
Left turn, right turn, up one set of stairs, down another, take a left to get to the elevators, go up a floor to the second set of elevators, down and around the corner. And that was just to get to our ~room~

LoL....

New hotel this year. Paxus tells me the Koger Center is a lot less confusing, but interesting all the same.

NixKlouD
02-23-2004, 04:43 PM
It's a nice little hotel :) It's not really confusing, but the downside is it's not very bright on the inside : / A lot of Burgandy... Oh well- I can walk there, so I'm not complaining! :D Heehee
See yall there,
-Nix```

Shastar
02-23-2004, 06:19 PM
I'll be there. i'd better be, I'm the con's official MC^_^;;

Big Danny T

NixKlouD
02-23-2004, 06:30 PM
I'll be there. i'd better be, I'm the con's official MC^_^;;

lol yeah- we might need ya ^^

FF9Garnet85
02-24-2004, 10:27 AM
I'll be there....only if i get a ride.....

Darxim
02-25-2004, 03:57 PM
I don't know about swimming at a hotel swimming pool, with all the other random people having been in it, and being at a convention, and...
This year I shall remember to bring the bathing suit. It's blue!
Pool party sounds good. It's all good fun, after all.

(I'm going to AMA as well.)

Haloguy20
02-29-2004, 03:35 PM
Hey!! is there anyone in the Connecticut area going to ANIME MID-ATLANTIC 4? I hate traveling by myself and I'm also looking for people to go with!!

taryn
03-01-2004, 06:15 PM
Well, since I live like 15-20 mins away from the place that it is being held...of course! I hope lot's of people come! We should have a small gathering of Cosplay.com members! Someone tell Eurobeat King he should come, I just can't imagine going to a con, and then not seeing the pictures in his gallery!!

Taryn :bigtu:

P.S. Last year they moved AMA from the Koger center to another hotel which was a bad move. I'm glad they are moving it back. The holiday Inn is right next to the mall so it will be amusing to go whilst in costume. It'll be funny though because a few weeks before the con, that is where my senior prom is being held! lol

dizzylizzy
03-01-2004, 06:41 PM
i highly doubt al will come to ama. :::whimpers:: it's a tiny con. plus, there's animazement the same weekend and i think a con is also going on over on the west coast. i can only imagine what he spends on airfare a year! not to mention hotels. >> besides, all of us will take pics!!!! ^^

lol anyhow... as the con comes closer, like a month before, a day, time, and meet up will be noted. i say, it's too early to plan things just yet. but that's my opinion. lol

Midknight
03-02-2004, 11:53 AM
Yeah, I think he said he'd be at Fanime... (I think that was the one...)

Anyway, I'm gonna be there! (at AMA that is lol) ^_^ It was my first anime con and I had a bunch of fun last time.

I do need to talk to some Agents about a room for me and Andy though. I talked about it at Katsu with Liz, but I want to make sure everything is cool.

Pool party! ^_^ (although as Darxim mentioned, the thought of swiming in Otaku broth doesn't exactly sound that appealing... we'll have to make sure the pool is extra chlorinated lol)

madhatterr104
03-02-2004, 05:53 PM
there is a mall next door?!
eeee!
i get to freak people out whilst in kyo cosplay...weeee!

..i had a thought..but i lost it.. XD

ainslye
03-02-2004, 07:41 PM
there's a mall?
I know there's a home depot, as we made an emergency run for some electrical tape.. ^_^

FF9Garnet85
03-03-2004, 09:15 AM
ummmm.....anyone? I kinda will need a ride...someone respond pweeeeeese!

UnwantedKikyo
03-03-2004, 12:56 PM
Its like a 5min. drive from my house so imma meet up with some Agents and say hey to all and to u too midknight!!! ^_^ the small con b4 the big one hehee!! Yes there is a mall and H.D. close by and a couple nice restraunts and banks and such -_-' *knows the area too well* I go by that area everyday for work...hehe but anywayz! I should be there with a few of my friends!

NekoZidane
03-03-2004, 07:41 PM
arrrrghhhhh, Thanx Lizzy

FF9Garnet85
03-04-2004, 12:19 PM
Please anyone i really wanna go but me dont have a ride!!!!!

Midknight
03-04-2004, 12:46 PM
Please anyone i really wanna go but me dont have a ride!!!!!

You should probably tell people where you would be coming from, so they know if they are close to you or not. ^_^

*goes back to pinning Yura dress pieces hanging on her dress form*

FF9Garnet85
03-09-2004, 09:31 AM
I hope I can get a ride....

Shastar
03-09-2004, 03:57 PM
Well, as Midknight said, if we knew where you were coming from, we could probably see about hooking you up. I'm not talking street address, but a city and state would be useful^_^;;

Dan

bigwil
03-30-2004, 11:44 AM
Had fun..last year love tha sat and fri dances yeah...who's up for a battle...hope to all yall there! :dance:

Cosplaying as Mr.X from Argentsoma..maybe venom from Guilty GearX

DJReznorX
04-03-2004, 06:18 PM
The "Trio" Will be in full force. >:-)

Spinning CDs and CPUs like no one else can!

Ganesh
04-03-2004, 10:00 PM
The "Trio" Will be in full force. >:-)

Spinning CDs and CPUs like no one else can!

This alone will make the con for me...if you are as good as you were at Katsucon

Atrista
04-05-2004, 11:54 PM
I'll see everyone there! I'm another one of those lucky people who only has to drive like 15 minutes. If I can get the whole costume done in time, I'll be there as Blackmage Yuna from ffx2 *runs away to carve some more on the Nirvana...)

dressdragn
04-06-2004, 01:44 PM
any one been to AMA before? this will be my frist time at this con and I was wondering what it was like? I noticed there were only two catogires in the cosplay. Are there a lot of cosplayers? How many people usualy go? is it well run? How big are the hotel rooms?

~Anna

DJReznorX
04-07-2004, 07:23 PM
Having been to (and staffed at) the first 3 AMAs, I can safely say it's the small-sized con you'll absolutely fall in love with. :geek:

Years 1 and 2 were in the Holiday Inn Koger Center. It's a smaller hotel, with a pretty decent layout.

Year 3 was nicknamed many things, my favorite being that the hotel was one big Doom level. Main Events was nicknamed the "Anime Tent Revival" by those of us in Tech Crew. Year 4 will be going back to the Holiday Inn Koger Center.

My group (RoAnime) will be staffing the Video Rooms again, with me being part of the Engineering Corps. (Formally known as Tech Crew ^.^)

dressdragn
04-07-2004, 08:00 PM
do you know how to contact the cosplay coordinator? I couldn't find the addy on the web site.

~Anna

Midknight
04-09-2004, 04:28 AM
Year 3 was nicknamed many things, my favorite being that the hotel was one big Doom level. Main Events was nicknamed the "Anime Tent Revival" by those of us in Tech Crew. Year 4 will be going back to the Holiday Inn Koger Center.

LOL. Yes it was so crazy. You were on the second floor - but you weren't. o_O