PDA

View Full Version : EGL Tea Party

HikaruMiazaki
02-16-2004, 04:23 PM
I'll be bringing my EGL outfit and was wondering if any other EGL-ers would like to throw a tea-party? I think it'd be really fun ^o^ I don't really know the grounds for A-Kon but I'm sure we can figure something out. Post here if you're interested!

Lulani
02-16-2004, 07:33 PM
I'll consider bringing my outfit, If not I'll just show up as a J-rocker and take pics ^o^

HuongStar
02-17-2004, 02:12 PM
I'd love to help you organize the event if it reaches that magnitude. I was the Katsucon tea party and it was quite fun! Surprisingly, there was a great turnout. ^_^

Ringo
02-17-2004, 09:19 PM
I believe there might already be a tea party in the works for A-kon. =D They haven't posted anything yet on the website or the BBS but I know it's a possibility. ^_^

( I really hope they are because I already have something planned XD )

Integral
02-17-2004, 09:23 PM
The J-music room is planning an EGL fashion show/tea party at A-kon on Sat. night. I talked to the organizer about it, and she said that there would be more info posted soon on the official A-kon BBS

kirineko
02-17-2004, 09:27 PM
Hi, I am Jess, this year's head of J-music activity programming type stuff.

Actually, we have an EGL fashion show/tea party as part of the scheduled 'Jpop' room events!

It will take place starting with the fashion show at 11pm on Saturday night, and then after, we are going to have the tea party as part of/during visual kei night.

And we are even providing the refreshments. ^_^

Basically, I guess I just need to post about this, but it was supposed to be someone else's deal, but he isn't working on staff this year. So, I guess it's up to me.

Anyway, if anyone has any further questions, etc. about the event, you can contact me at yuuyami@comcast.net

We are also looking for models for the fashion show. If you are interested, please send me a photo of one of your outfits at the above address.

shin kurenai
02-20-2004, 10:13 AM
egl tea party yay!!

can boys come too? ;_;

kirineko
02-21-2004, 03:08 AM
egl tea party yay!!

can boys come too? ;_;

Of course, as long as the boys have good manners. ^_^

Actually, the tea party is being held during V-K night, so, we are going to have tea and cookies (And somehow I am excited about the prospect of baking cookies for everyone. I love baking. Squeee! ^_^) and watch visual kei videos.

Just as long as everyone promises to be neat, and not spill anything, and put their plates and cups in the trash when they are through. ^_^

HikaruMiazaki
02-21-2004, 12:32 PM
I want to model! Should I be in the dress with pictures? Or just take one of my dress? I'll have to fix my cam.. it broke :(

kyandi-chan
02-21-2004, 12:40 PM
MY GOD! AN EGL TEA PARTY?! I'll BE THERE WITH COOKIES!!!!...

and a darn good outfit!

kirineko
02-22-2004, 05:40 AM
I want to model! Should I be in the dress with pictures? Or just take one of my dress? I'll have to fix my cam.. it broke :(

Please email me a picture of yourself, either in or out of the outfit, and the outfit you wish to wear.

I need to confirm also on how many models we want to have, and how many we currently have, as I am sort of working on this with someone else.

kirineko
02-22-2004, 05:41 AM
MY GOD! AN EGL TEA PARTY?! I'll BE THERE WITH COOKIES!!!!...

and a darn good outfit!

Cookies are good. I was actually contemplating baking cookies, but I don't think I'll be able to make it all the way up to my house, especially since that is supposed to be my sleep time.

But we shall see. Cause fresh baked cookies are best.

HikaruMiazaki
02-22-2004, 01:05 PM
Oki dokey! When I put some finishing touches on my dress I'll take pictures :)

HuongStar
02-25-2004, 04:35 PM
For the love of all things dark & frilly, please join Texas Lolis (http://www.livejournal.com/community/texas_lolis) if you are into EGL/EGA fashion and happen to reside in Texas. We are trying to organize a tea party/photoshoot outside of the convention and it would be nice if we could have more members. :heart:

kyandi-chan
03-08-2004, 11:11 PM
Im going as my EGL version of the Queen of Hearts from Alice in Wonderland, with a group. We currently have an alice and mad hatter...anyone else wanna join?

HikaruMiazaki
03-09-2004, 04:26 AM
Kyandi-chan: I wouldn't mind joining! But I don't know if the dress I have will work with it? Perhaps it will? It's white with a pink and white tiny checkered gingham, Also the very edge of the white frills are pink. Think that will work anywheres? I could even dress up my Ball Jointed Doll as the Cheshire Cat xD;

HuongStar
03-09-2004, 09:07 AM
Oooh Kyandi! Do you have any pictures of your Alice or the Mad Hatter costume?

Ryo-sama
03-10-2004, 09:29 AM
EEE!! *nods* I'm work on my EGL version of Mad Hatter (Alice in Wonderland)!!! I found the top hat of my dreams too... just... need some moneys... I'll bring goodies! We should sing "A Very Merry Unbirthday"! hehehehhe...

Akari Hoshi
03-10-2004, 01:33 PM
WEEE!! EGL Tea-Party!! I can't wait! This is going to be my first EGL costume...it took my friend Aki FOREVER to get me to agree to it. It's ging to be so awesome! I can't wait to see everyone's dresses!

Ryo-sama
03-10-2004, 11:02 PM
Should i bring a cake? cookies? or cupcakes?

kyandi-chan
03-11-2004, 08:28 AM
no pictures yet! its in progress, and I want to sew beads onto it first! if you have a dollfie, then dress it up like a flower girl or something like that! lets make a list of people we need...*goes to do that*

HikaruMiazaki
03-11-2004, 07:15 PM
Hehe thing is my Custom House Ai is a boy :3 Not a girl. Hee hee, but he is willing to dress up! Tetsuya is excited about going to A-Kon ^o^ His first convention ever!

kirineko
03-12-2004, 07:10 AM
Ok, here's the deal, girls. -_-

Because we are in the bar, the serving of non-hotel food is not allowed. I had almost hoped we would not be in the bar, because that would make it easier to bend the rules and sneak stuff in, but NO, we are in the bar, which is good and bad at the same time.

Please do NOT bring large amounts of baked goods into the bar. You guys can possibly bring in individual stuff for yourself (or spread it out among your friends beforehand)

So, I know this really sucks. If you guys want to arrange something different, there are some nice outside areas around the hotel, where you can hold a picnic, and have food, and the like. It's just the hotel is being a real pain. I'm trying to see if it's even feasible for us to afford to PURCHASE the food from the hotel, but I haven't gotten an answer back about that yet. It probably won't be.

so, we may or may not be having a tea party. But we will still be having a fashion show, and afterwords, we are having V-k night (which we were going to, anyway. I was going to run the tea party and v-k night cocurrently.)

HikaruMiazaki
03-12-2004, 03:48 PM
The bar thing could be like a little gathering I suppose? A Picnic sounds like a very good idea with the current circumstances. It sucks that the hotel has to be so stingy. Are you still accepting models? If so I can take pictures now :)

Ryo-sama
03-12-2004, 07:28 PM
*grumbles* ...stupid hotel... Oh!! *nods* a picnic! i wanna bring goodies!! lol.. i feel like Isabelle from PK... merh? Models?? hmmm..

kyandi-chan
03-12-2004, 10:36 PM
*grumbles* ...stupid hotel... Oh!! *nods* a picnic! i wanna bring goodies!! lol.. i feel like Isabelle from PK... merh? Models?? hmmm..

well, if they stick us somewhere, then we will just have to be there. if they dont want a bunch of us gathering with food that we've brought, all out in the open, drawing away from hotel food purchases, then we'll have to listen to the hotel nazis.

blah

Ryo-sama
03-13-2004, 08:33 PM
hmm... hey guys.. if yall are interested... I've got in-progress pictures of my mad hatter costume.. my cosplay.com gallery (http://images.cosplay.com/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=13696)

*drools* The Top Hat of my DREAMS.... (http://www.frankelcostume.com/pages/costume_accessories/headwear/top_hats/705ge.html)

kirineko
03-14-2004, 01:38 AM
Going to reply to this all at once, and pardon the brevity, but I feel like crud right now. >>

HikaruMiazaki: Yes, we are still accepting models at this time. I need to get together with the person whose idea it is, and find out exactly what he wants done with this, but go ahead and take pictures and email them to me, at yuuyami@comcast.net
This goes for everyone else who is interested. We need pictures of you, and of the costume you are planning on doing, or at least, of you in a gothic lolita outfit.

Re: Picnic situation.
I'll try to make it to the con site and scope out a nearby place that would be good to have a picnic. It should be nice weather that weekend, as it's always nice weather, and I THINK there might be a park in the area. Maybe Saturday afternoon would be a good time, or a lunch-time type thing?

I was planning on having the fashion show as also an oppourtunity for everyone to meet up in their EGL/EGA outfits, Unfortunately, the situatuation we have doesn't allow for a tea party. Gar. Oh well.

Also, for anyone wanting to take pictures, the hotel will make a good backdrop for photoshoots. It's just lovely, very elegant. The bar actually has a poster for the book/movie Lolita, which I thought was pretty amusing. Ha! And well, there are lots of interesting things out and about in downtown Dallas as well that would be good places to take pictures. ^_^

kyandi-chan
03-14-2004, 07:01 AM
Also, for anyone wanting to take pictures, the hotel will make a good backdrop for photoshoots. It's just lovely, very elegant. The bar actually has a poster for the book/movie Lolita, which I thought was pretty amusing. Ha! And well, there are lots of interesting things out and about in downtown Dallas as well that would be good places to take pictures. ^_^

Lolita's in a bar! har har! it doesnt sound right to me, anyhow!

kirineko
03-15-2004, 12:33 AM
Lolita's in a bar! har har! it doesnt sound right to me, anyhow!

Welll, techically, it's a dance club. :X

LOL.

kirineko
03-15-2004, 12:35 AM
Btw, on the picnic situation, I did some snooping about on the web, and there is apparently a 'park' near the hotel. I'm not sure what sort of park it is, and if we could actually have a picnic there, but I'll try to check into it before the con.

Also, the hotel is near the Art District, and a few blocks from the hotel, there is apparently a display of several outdoor statues that just sound absolutely beautiful, and include statues from Rodin, as well as other artists. Definitely worth checking out, and might make a good photoop. ^_^

HikaruMiazaki
03-15-2004, 01:23 PM
Sounds good to me! :)

kirineko
03-16-2004, 10:59 PM
Ok, status on the picnic.

As far as I know, it is on. I am going to double check to make sure that the 'park' near the hotel is actually a park, and that we can picnic there. I don't see why not, but people can be weird about stuff. :F

This will be in replacement of the tea party, which is just not going to happen, because, well, we can't do it right. I talked with the person who had all of these bright ideas (sadly, he has been banned from working with any of the con outside of his area, because he has a tendency to overextend himself) and he basically said no-go, if we can't do it right, so. No tea party, but picnic instead. But he's at least going to try to be there. <3

I figured we'd do it Saturday afternoon...at some time. It depends on a lot of things, like autograph sessions and other con events.

Also, what sorts of things would you guys like for the picnic? I figured we could make cute little finger sandwiches, as those are pretty simple. We'll of course need picnic blankets, and cute little picnic baskets would definitely be in order. I know some of you are traveling from out of town, but..

would you guys prefer to bring your own stuff? If you can't bring your own stuff, would you be willing to contribute financially for general picnic catering? I'm actually not a big expert on the whole EGL/EGA thing...I sort of got thrown into running it due to the reason above, so..what kinds of things do you guys want to eat at the picnic? :F

HuongStar
03-17-2004, 10:26 AM
I wouldn't mind bringing cookies, iced tea, and maybe even a cake for the event. Hopefully, it won't be too hot outside!!

What is going to happen to the fashion show?

kyandi-chan
03-17-2004, 04:13 PM
*brings in ice cream cake and watches it melt to nothing* o.0

i'll make cookies! i'll bring my triforce and paupau fruit cookies! ^^

kirineko
03-19-2004, 12:32 AM
I wouldn't mind bringing cookies, iced tea, and maybe even a cake for the event. Hopefully, it won't be too hot outside!!

What is going to happen to the fashion show?

The fashion show is still on. In fact, we couldn't have asked for a better place in the hotel to hold it, unless it was main programming. LOL. The bar itself has a small stage, and it even has lights, though I'm not sure what we can do with those, if anything.

The only problem we had with the tea party is the inability to bring in suitable food and drink. However, if we have the picnic not at the hotel, they can't say anything at all. Besides, it'll be nice outside, and downtown Dallas is really beautiful anyway.

Cynthia
03-29-2004, 10:05 PM
What time will the fashion show be held during?

Akari Hoshi
04-01-2004, 03:45 PM
I believe the fashion show is going to be @ 11pm....

I think I read that on the A-kon board.

*nodnod*

Akari

kirineko
04-01-2004, 06:03 PM
The time on the fashion show is variable at this moment.

Basically, something may or may not happen that may result in us having to move the time of the fashion show.

I don't know yet. -_- I don't know anything yet, except that something like this MIGHT occur. At which case, the fashion show time may be moved around, to allow for the other thing which might happen. OR it might not. I don't know. :X

HOWEVER>> I will keep you guys updated, for sure!

Akari Hoshi
04-01-2004, 11:46 PM
No offense, but, gee. Could you vauge that up for me? ^_^

So this mystery thing MIGHT happen...so we MIGHT get shifted around? My EGL isn't my only cosutme so it's making it very hard to plan my schedule. *sigh* Just let us know what's up.

--Akari

HikaruMiazaki
04-03-2004, 11:48 AM
Picnic sounds great. I'm coming in from the east coast so bringing things won't work for me. I will however contribute money for catering *opens up paypal* :D How much?

And grrr~! I need to take a picture of my EGL outfit for the fashion show, demo, my camera broke, again. How long will you be accepting models?

shin kurenai
04-03-2004, 02:05 PM
im gonna do my shopping at the last minute ^_^;

IN COSTUME!! :OOO~~ awesome~

Ryo-sama
04-03-2004, 05:55 PM
Wheee! I just bought a top hat for my mad hatter costume... dau, my poor cosplay budget...

eris
04-04-2004, 11:43 AM
EEEEE! I need an EGL outfit now. o.o; I love tea! ^_^

kirineko
04-04-2004, 11:55 AM
Picnic sounds great. I'm coming in from the east coast so bringing things won't work for me. I will however contribute money for catering *opens up paypal* :D How much?

And grrr~! I need to take a picture of my EGL outfit for the fashion show, demo, my camera broke, again. How long will you be accepting models?

>>

Actually, don't worry about it.

We recieved a decent sized donation from someone, and so providing for stuff on our end should NOT be an issue. o.O

Thanks for the offer though.^_^ You can just keep me supplied in coffee at A-kon.

Jess

Baroque
04-05-2004, 07:58 AM
anyone know a good place to by a top hat? >.<

kyandi-chan
04-05-2004, 08:11 AM
anyone know a good place to by a top hat? >.<

EBAY!!!

and walmart has plenty of lace!

HikaruMiazaki
04-06-2004, 11:33 AM
>>

Actually, don't worry about it.

We recieved a decent sized donation from someone, and so providing for stuff on our end should NOT be an issue. o.O

Thanks for the offer though.^_^ You can just keep me supplied in coffee at A-kon.

Jess

Right-o! :D I can't wait! We should all go and harrass Miyavi together XD Lol jk <3 *huggles Miyavi*

HuongStar
04-08-2004, 10:42 AM
Right-o! :D I can't wait! We should all go and harrass Miyavi together XD Lol jk <3 *huggles Miyavi*
You know that Miyavi canceled, right? :thumbsup:

kirineko
04-08-2004, 12:59 PM
No offense, but, gee. Could you vauge that up for me? ^_^

So this mystery thing MIGHT happen...so we MIGHT get shifted around? My EGL isn't my only cosutme so it's making it very hard to plan my schedule. *sigh* Just let us know what's up.

--Akari

I would love to be able to say for sure what is going on, however, I have NO CONTROL over what may or may not change my schedule on Saturday night.

I understand that other people have other costumes planned, and it's a big hassle for everyone (including me...not only am I cosplaying, but I also have to completely rearrange the programming if this happens.) however, it's something the con may want to use our room for, and flat out...they own our room. *shrugs* Plus, if it does happen, it will be something VERY awesome. (there should be details in a few days on the new musical guest. >.> Which means maybe I'll find out what's going on.)

Anyway. I don't know what's going on, because the con doesn't know 100% what's going on. Once I know 100% what is going on, then I will tell you guys, and I will post it up on the site as well. I'll try my best to find out by the end of the month, I was just trying to give a heads up.

I know it's going to end up running against the main cosplay masquerade, which I was trying to avoid. However, if I do have to move the fashion show, moving it earlier on Saturday is my only option. (It's either that, or run in Sunday afternoon when everyone is flying back home, or just flat out cancel it. And I don't want to cancel it.) If you are modeling, and it's going to be an issue, then just let me know.

Basically, if the fashion show does need to be moved, depending on the time that the con needs the room by, it will likely start around 8 or even 9. Or maybe we could run it at 5 or 6? I don't know. I really don't pay attention when the main cosplay stuff is. >.> I know it's Saturday, but that's it, and that the dance takes place afterwards, but I have no idea what time it starts at.

anyway, I don't WANT there to be a conflict, but there may have to be. Not only do we have to keep in mind what other things are going on, but also, we have to keep in mind the general audience that is present in the Jpop room, and basic appropriateness. I would not want to run the fashion show sandwiched in between a block of Morning Musume videos and Ayumi Hamasaki or anthing. >>

And well, this is only THIS YEAR. I fully plan on running a fashion show/picnic as long as I am a staffer for the jpop room at A-kon, which will probably be next year as well, and the year after.

HikaruMiazaki
04-08-2004, 01:49 PM
You know that Miyavi canceled, right? :thumbsup:

NOOO *world ends* :waaaah:

Ah well, now I'm forced to stalk him when I go to Japan :thumbsup:

kirineko
04-08-2004, 03:06 PM
NOOO *world ends* :waaaah:

Ah well, now I'm forced to stalk him when I go to Japan :thumbsup:

don't worry! *petpet* A-kon is going to have someone just as nifty, if not more so, than miyavi. Just waiting for the official word to get out before I say anything.

Also, PS to everyone:
From this day on, if I come off sounding like a raving bitch to anyone, I'm sorry. I probably will, but only because the con is SO NEAR, and I have SO MANY things to do. -_- On top of dealing with being a manager as my day job. So I am going to be mega-mondo streeesssssed between now and con time.

I'll try my best to keep everything up to date, and sorted out, and try not to blow up on people, and try to curb my natural lack of tact as much as possible. :D

And if you DO see me at A-kon...please keep in mind that I probably haven't slept, and am probably attempting to not scream/murder/explode/kill something. The best time to actually MEET me will probably be Sunday, lol. I won't have slept, but I'll be happy because it will be ALMOST ALL OVER.

So yes, if I say something to offend you, please don't take it personally. I'm going to end up being brusque and blunt until sometime in June.

HikaruMiazaki
04-08-2004, 05:31 PM
don't worry! *petpet* A-kon is going to have someone just as nifty, if not more so, than miyavi. Just waiting for the official word to get out before I say anything.

Also, PS to everyone:
From this day on, if I come off sounding like a raving bitch to anyone, I'm sorry. I probably will, but only because the con is SO NEAR, and I have SO MANY things to do. -_- On top of dealing with being a manager as my day job. So I am going to be mega-mondo streeesssssed between now and con time.

I'll try my best to keep everything up to date, and sorted out, and try not to blow up on people, and try to curb my natural lack of tact as much as possible. :D

And if you DO see me at A-kon...please keep in mind that I probably haven't slept, and am probably attempting to not scream/murder/explode/kill something. The best time to actually MEET me will probably be Sunday, lol. I won't have slept, but I'll be happy because it will be ALMOST ALL OVER.

So yes, if I say something to offend you, please don't take it personally. I'm going to end up being brusque and blunt until sometime in June.

It's okay!! I'm still really greatful that you're able to do this and have such strong will to handle it all :) Keep up the good work, I'm rootin' for ya. If you need any help you can always come to me even though I'm from the east coast :) Ganbattene~!!

kirineko
04-10-2004, 04:26 AM
I should also point out that I remember every A-kon as being lots of fun.

I don't know. I guess stress=fun, or something >>

AoKoneko
04-20-2004, 08:19 PM
I noticed this post....(really excited. ^______^)
a few friends and my self had descided to have a cosplay (its mostly an EGL picnic) So I thought I post it here as well....Its right B4 a-kon.

Dallas/ FW Cosplay Picnic (May)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.fwbg.com/rose.htm
http://www.fwbg.com/hours.htm
http://www.fwbg.com/maps.htm
http://www.fwbg.com/garden_maps.htm

There will be a little (cosplay) picnic / gathering at the Forth Worth Botanic Gardens.

All are welcomed to attend.
May, Saturday the 1st @ 10:00Am till 4:00 5:00 Pm
Meet at the lower rose garden. http://www.fwbg.com/rose.htm
(if it rains that day well @_@ ^^ it will be canceled till firther notice. Pray for a sunnyday)

If you want to bring a lil blanket and food for ur self & ur friends.
I know I'm gonna bring my lolita picnic set hehe ^^ (maybe even some tea and cake.)

OH Please v,v do not bring any "weapons" or wear any "spimpy" clothing.
Thank you

Hope ta see ya there ^^V
~Asia K~

Ryo-sama
05-02-2004, 10:26 AM
woah! i jus saw that last post about the picnic on may 1st... and i noticed... its may 2nd... whoops.. heh ^_^v ....yeah... hope it went well!!!

AoKoneko
05-05-2004, 02:33 AM
woah! i jus saw that last post about the picnic on may 1st... and i noticed... its may 2nd... whoops.. heh ^_^v ....yeah... hope it went well!!!

It went umm ok ya thats it ok. I ended up being the ONLY girl there out of 20 people. Not a feel good moment right then. Also there was a wedding going on right at the meeting place. (it was so pretty though.) And it was not a rainy day but dim cloudy day and all the sushi places where closed. But other then that it was great. *smiles*undefined

kirineko
05-05-2004, 10:24 PM
Update:

The fashion show is at 11:30pm.

The mystery thing that might happen, did, i.e. Psycho le Cemu is holding a second concert on Saturday.

Baroque
05-12-2004, 09:53 PM
Are we still having the tea party/picnic? If so, has it been decided when and where it will be? Just curious. ^.^

kirineko
05-15-2004, 02:12 PM
Are we still having the tea party/picnic? If so, has it been decided when and where it will be? Just curious. ^.^

Yes. We are having a picnic.

The picnic will be held at 1pm on Saturday. We will meet in the Jpop room between 12:30-1, and then we will ALL walk over to the bus transfer center, where there is actually quite a bit of nice grassy/treey/shadey very pretty areas.

In the event of rain/dastardly death heat, we will instead go to the West End Marketplace, which will require a bus ride, so, it may cost like, 2.50 to go to the picnic.

I advise, especially for those of you who are not used to Texas, to bring an umbrella, and also a small hand fan. It MIGHT be nice...it's been nice and cool and rainy here, and I can only hope that holds out through A-kon...however, June IS officially part of summer, and it can get up in the high 90s...last year I think it even got up over 100 degrees during A-kon. >> In which case, we will NOT be sitting outside.

I'd suggest certainly wearing light, airy outfits for the picnic. And also, bringing some kind of plastic tarp for under your picnic blanket, just in case it has rained recently. >>

Also, the fashion show will be Saturday night at 11:30pm in the Jpop room.

You can find more information here:
http://www.chintsuuzai.com/jpop

HuongStar
06-02-2004, 11:16 AM
A-kon EGL Picnic & Photoshoot
SATURDAY, JUNE 5, 2004 @ 1:00 pm
(meet in the J-Pop room between 12:30 to 12:45 p.m.)

The picnic location will be announced due to forecasted inclement weather (http://www.w3.weather.com/outlook/health/local/75201). Please RSVP (JolieLaideREMOVE@REMOVEfotki.com) if you and your friends plan to attend. Refreshments will be provided but you are welcome to bring any refreshments for yourself or to share with the group. There is no cost but donations of $1 or more are greatly appreciated.

Don't forget to bring your best decorated picnic basket! There will be a prize awarded to the best EGL/EGA picnic basket. ^_^The photoshoot will be first and immediately afterwards, we will judge the picnic basket contest.

Please check http://www.chintsuuzai.com/jpop for more information on the other A-kon EGL/EGA events.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact either myself, kirineko, shin kurenai, or comment below.

Thank you and we look forward to seeing you there! :heart: