PDA

View Full Version : has any one ever cosplayed Bt from .hack?

small_lady
02-16-2004, 06:49 PM
my friend wants to cosplay her and it will be her 1st cosplay she gone to a lot cons but never cosplayed before :) and i said i would help her on her costume but we have no clue on how to make it ^.^; so can some nice person help us? and if you have any pics that would be helpful :) thanx

Rhys Ifane
02-16-2004, 07:39 PM
I remember seeing a picture of someone who did BT very well in fact. If I come across the picture, I'll post a link for you here.

topleka
02-16-2004, 07:57 PM
Well, you can start by searching for BT:
http://images.cosplay.com/showgallery.php?stype=1&si=BT+.hack&perpage=12&sort=1&cat=all&ppuser=&friendemail=email@yourfriend.com&password=
http://www.cosplaylab.com/search.asp?keyword=BT

Eleryth
02-16-2004, 08:19 PM
I did, back in 2002. I don't have any decent photos, though, sadly. If you have any questions, just ask. My webpage for it is www.storms-end.com/cosplay/costumes/bt.html. I know it doesn't say what pattern I used for the skirt, but it was simplicity 7010. The jacket pattern was from a pattern that had one of those half zippers, but I just removed the zipper from the pattern when cutting my pieces.

And the basics to starting any costume:

1. Get as many images of the costume as you can, from all angles.
2. Determine if this is a costume you can complete to your satisfactcion with your current skill level.
3. Break down the costume into pieces (skirt, shirt, belt, armbands, etc)
4. Decide if you are going to make or buy those pieces.
5. If make, search for patterns that are similar to what you need. www.sewingpatterns.com, your local fabric store
6. Take your list of patterns to the fabric store, along with pictures of the costume, and ask someone there to help you. Go through the books at the store, too, because not all patterns are online. Find fabric you like, in colors you like, in amounts according to the pattern. If you don't have confidence in your ability, or the piece is rather difficult looking, buy some really cheap fabric to make a mockup with.
7. Make your mockups. See where you have to fix things to make them fit for you.
8. Make your costume!
9. And be creative with the props required. Cardboard, tape, christmas ornaments, anything!

Have fun!

Aer
02-16-2004, 09:20 PM
I was her! Check my gallery or cosplaylab.

You can find patterns that match her outfit easily. Just modify to add the designs on the front.

For my staff, it's a broomstick and I made the whole top out of papier mache. The ornament thing in the middle is a glass christmas ornament.

Tenshi
02-17-2004, 11:25 PM
I did BT a while back. This is the only decent pic I have of it (I don't photograph well in dark green >.>): http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=32149&password=&sort=1&cat=500&page=2 . The whole costume was very easy. I didn't use any patterns so I can't help you there.

This site was very helpful: http://kirsche0.hp.infoseek.co.jp/cosplay/atelier/bt.html . It's all in Japanese, but she illustrates how she did nearly everything. I used her method for all the gold parts on my costume, and I think they're the best part of it ^_^.

Eleryth
02-18-2004, 12:54 AM
Interesting how she chose to line it with gold instead of white, and have the panel pieces white instead of that weird blue-green. Looks really good, though. Sneaky trick, using metallic tape for the metal bits. Good idea, though, definitely. And she sews really well. I have been wishing for a digital camera so I could do something similar for the costumes I am working on now.

*sigh* (dreams about digicams)

small_lady
02-18-2004, 06:53 PM
would you all say this is easy to do? because me and my friend are newbie sewers i took sewing in high school but that was two years ago when i was in the 10th grade ^.^: my mom and my crafty ant said they help us

Eleryth
02-18-2004, 08:20 PM
It wasn't that difficult, just time consuming. If you are careful, and take your time, you should be fine. It's not the easiest costume, but it's not really hard, either. Just make a mock-up first, and if you find you are having a lot of trouble with that, then maybe choose a different costume. We're here to help, tho, if you decide to do it! Feel free to PM me if you have any specific questions. I can describe in detail what I did if you want it. We probably all did our costumes differently, and no way is 'the right way'. Find what works for you and gives the effect you want.

Good luck!

Tenshi
02-19-2004, 10:58 PM
Yeah, her costume is pretty color-blind, and her wig is very inaccurate, but she knows how to sew ^_^.

Eleryth
02-19-2004, 11:18 PM
For some reason, I find that sentence really incredibly funny. Must be the lack of sleep. ;)