PDA

View Full Version : Am I a crossplay lost cause?

Fault
02-16-2004, 06:57 PM
I've been thinking a long time, and I've come to the conclusion that I'm very womanly looking, all over (see attachment Girly). However, dressing and acting boyishly come naturally and are fun (See attachment Boyish). So.. should I keep on trying to become the dashing bishounen (Iori) I desire to crossplay? (See attachment Unchest) Or should I accept defeat, and go for more reasonably achieveable characters.. if so which characters would suit me?

topleka
02-16-2004, 07:01 PM
If you wanna crossplay, then go for it. You don't have to actually look totally like the other gender. Most crossplayers are quite obviously crossplayers, but that doesn't mean they're any less cool. If you wanna do it, then go for it!

dani
02-16-2004, 08:25 PM
I agree with Topleka. Don't let your body dictate your cosplay options. Do whoever you want.

Dani

Hanyaan
02-16-2004, 08:25 PM
Go for it! Hell, your "unchest" and overall "bishounen-ness" is FAR better than mine, and I crossplay. Granted I could never get mistaken for a guy, but that's OK, we can't all have un-chests like Karisu. ^^;; And besides, for every girl like you who tries to be as believable as possible, there's some girl with D-cups who crossplays as Squall without binding or strapping of any sort.

Fault
02-16-2004, 09:14 PM
Thankyou muchly all. Being unreasonably tied to the idea that I must be believably male was constricting. *blush* I feel like I was being silly, now I shall happily go forth as whichever character I so wish to!

Alexia Ikyu
02-17-2004, 01:29 AM
You really confused me there for a moment, I thought you were a guy! :thumbsup: Then I read the post. :p I have a horrid complexion which gives me away for being a guy, but that doesn't stop me.

Bunnyfriend
02-17-2004, 06:02 AM
Go ahead! I think your Iori costume fits great on you, really!!

Fault
02-18-2004, 10:16 PM
Thankyou Bunnyfriend! :D

Heh, Alexia, the only place I think I've ever been mistaken for a guy was in Japan. And even then I'm not sure whether those girls were acting like that just because I was a foreigner.

May we all have many enjoyable times in our crossplay outfits. And raspberries too any who think we shouldn't :D

Olivia
02-18-2004, 10:50 PM
no one, may I repeat, no one can be a crossplaying lost cause.

And great job on your costume! It looks great! :thumbsup:

Karisu-sama
02-18-2004, 11:05 PM
Granted I could never get mistaken for a guy, but that's OK, we can't all have un-chests like Karisu. ^^;;
No one's actually ever mistaken me for a guy either... :p :p Especially not in person - I just have a few iffy photos here and there...

Fault:
Cosplay is for the enjoyment, not for trying to actually convincingly pass as a guy so as to sneak into some men's locker-room or something. :p

All I can say is: Do you like the character? Do you like the costume? Then why not do it? It doesn't matter a bit if you are "too short", "too tall", "too heavy", "too skinny", "too skin-tone-challenged", "too girly", "too boyish" ---

Just wear the costume and enjoy yourself! ^__________^

Eternal Eclipse
02-21-2004, 09:50 AM
I doubt anyone could see me as a male. But, I crossplay none-the-less. So, if you want to crossplay, then do it.

Fault
02-22-2004, 11:33 PM
Hee hee.. my lack of height never did register to me when I started planning an Iori cosplay.

Karisu, did you ever do an Iori cosplay?

I do Cosplay only for enjoymeny, just it woulda been cool if I could have worried random people just that little bit more :D I'm sure I'll worry people enough as it is. 'specially if I manage to get that (un-cooperative *grumble*) fake fire working.

dani
02-23-2004, 12:29 AM
I do Cosplay only for enjoymeny, just it woulda been cool if I could have worried random people just that little bit more.
I think anybody can get much further than expected, with time and effort.

It happens to me too. Sometimes I get to a "plateau" of my crossplaying abilities, and I feel like there is no way I can improve any of my "faults", that I've reached my limit.

Then time passes and somehow one day a door opens and I discover a technique or something that brings me to the next level, just when i thought it wasn't possible.

So my point is: we are as good or as bad a cause as we decide we are.

Cheers...

Dani

Karisu-sama
02-23-2004, 12:37 AM
No, I haven't cosplayed Iori (because I haven't really played KOF - damn my super-busy life!!) but c.c member Scoti has: http://elk.rebelcosplay.com/iori1.jpg

OK, I confess that I DID cosplay K' once, but it was such a ghetto last-minute crappy version that I'm NOT gonna post pics... :p :p

Go for it! :) Do the Iori costume, then post pics! :) :)

Fault
02-23-2004, 05:46 PM
Dani, thankyou. I keep forgetting that cosplay is just like anything else: if you practice, you get better.

Scoti is so cute! :D Cute = win. I like that costume.

Here's a link to another crossplay Iori I found recently, the pic doesn't allow direct linking, it's a thumbnail in the third row:

http://anna-neko.nu/az2k1/az1.htm

Iori Crossplay can be done! :D