PDA

View Full Version : the legend of Zelda "all bow down to its sheer greatness"

DJ(SiC)ness
11-11-2002, 03:05 PM
Oh i can't wait untill Zelda advance come out for GBA

Besides Orcarina, A Link to the Past was my all time fav Zelda game, it was just so great.

Zelda games are so much fun, the only one i really didn't like was MAjora's Mask, and that was becuase my game glitched on me, oh and the fact that it only had 4 goddamn temples!

Whats your fav zelda game and why? and what do you think about the upcoming Zelda game? is Cel-da going to be any good?

Adella
11-11-2002, 03:09 PM
My favorite is Link to the Past, and then Ocarina of time. I cosplay as Malon too, she's my favorite Zelda character. I also REALLY REALLY REALLY love Link's Awakening. Even though it's not a Miyamoto game, I still love it to death. I'm going to cosplay Marin!

DJ(SiC)ness
11-11-2002, 03:12 PM
i loved your Malon costum by the way, it turned out very very nice, and i loved the bowser pendant

Sami
11-11-2002, 03:15 PM
Was the SNES one A Link to the Past? I can't remember, LOL! I loved that one.. sometimes I still whip out the old SNES to play it. ^_^

DJ(SiC)ness
11-11-2002, 03:16 PM
yeah it was

Adella
11-11-2002, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by DJ(SiC)ness
i loved your Malon costum by the way, it turned out very very nice, and i loved the bowser pendant

You saw it? Thanks ^-^ I want it to look very very nice! I worked extra hard on the skirt and apron. I hope everyone likes my Marin costume ^_^

Celine
11-11-2002, 03:40 PM
Link to the Past (SNES), hands down. It's short enough that you can beat it in one sitting. The music is fantastic. The graphics are pleasing. It's fun to play. Link is so cute! Are there any other crazy people out there who just had to win with a counter of 0 (meaning you beat it in a single sitting without dying)? I've done that, more than once. ^^ So has my roommate. This is why we get along so well, I think.

Ocarina had the most amazing graphics and animation, and I really enjoyed the controls and superior camera. However, some of the dungeons were mind-numbingly hard. *cough* Water temple *cough* It also suffered from having too much text- I play Zelda because it has the best *gameplay* not *story*. And, Navi. Navi is one of the worst things ever.

I liked all three of the GB games so far. I have a problem, since I only play them on trips, that I never remember what I'm supposed to be doing when I pick them back up. They remind me of Link to the Past, which pleases me.

Never played Majora's Mask. As for the old Zeldas, the first was hard, but still awesome. The dungeon music is SO depressing, though! You really can't play it for very long before you just want to kill yourself after hearing the same depressing tune for a while. I didn't mind Zelda 2, though my copy's save feature eventually gave out and I couldn't complete it.

Now, the CD-i Zeldas... eh... *cough* We'll pretend those don't exist. ^_^

I, for one, am really looking forward to both the new GBA and GC Zeldas. Why? Zelda NEVER disappoints. It's the greatest series ever. My biggest complaint is that Link now has blonde hair. He always had red or brown hair. Why the bleach??

Nietsche
11-11-2002, 03:44 PM
The oracles were good too!
But I'd like to see some Oracle cosplayers!!!
Nayru oracle of Time, Din oracle of seasons and Furore oracle of Secrets!!!

DJ(SiC)ness
11-11-2002, 05:47 PM
you beat link to the past without dying omg.

your my hero

*Dj is very tired a weak and sweaty, becuase he just got done with a 2 hour drum practice. Yep nothing but hard core fast songs, from Dir en Grey to slipknot. My arm they are mush.*

Celine
11-11-2002, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by DJ(SiC)ness
you beat link to the past without dying omg.

It's insanity, I tell you. I was really irked the first time I beat the game without dying, but had a counter of 6. It's so cruel of them to increment the counter every time you turn the game off! ^^

DJ(SiC)ness
11-11-2002, 06:02 PM
how long did it take you?

videogirlc
11-11-2002, 06:07 PM
I loved Ocarina of time. I loved the graphics and the story, but he dungeons I agree were hard. I loved the oracle series for GBA, and can't wait for the new ne to come out. I never got an SNES so I never gt a chance to play it. The new Zelda for Game Cube is the main reason I want to buy a Game Cube.

KnuxieChan
11-11-2002, 06:08 PM
Link, he come to town! Come to save, the princess Zelda! XD Heheh, I like Majora's Mask, Oracle of Ages/Seasons, Ocarina of Time (Cuza Gannon ^^)

I never really played any other ones then those. I love Kafei and Keaton.. That'd be cool to do a cosplay of them..

Studmaster
11-11-2002, 06:15 PM
I've beaten Link to the Past in One Sitting without dying, it took me 8 hours to get everything. (20 Hearts, Full Magic, Lv 4 Sword, etc.)

I've beaten The Adventure of Link in one sitting, and I've beaten First and Second Quest of LoZ in 2.

DJ(SiC)ness
11-11-2002, 06:37 PM
insane!

and yes the water temple was way harder than it needed to be.

Raise water level, lower water level, raise water level again, whoops you shouldn't of raised it that far now you have to start over.

it took me forevr even with the stradegy guild (sorry i need it for that temple.)

Celine
11-11-2002, 06:54 PM
Yay! The Studmaster is insane too! ^_^ I have... no idea how long it took. I haven't played through Zelda recently, but eight hours seems pretty quick! And, of course, you *have* to get everything! Otherwise, you haven't really defeated the game.

Babbit_Chan
11-11-2002, 07:21 PM
I think the first Zelda ever (NES) was the best - the later versions are great, but you can't beat pixel graphics and collecting triforce pieces XD

Sirami
11-11-2002, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by Celine
Yay! The Studmaster is insane too! ^_^ I have... no idea how long it took. I haven't played through Zelda recently, but eight hours seems pretty quick! And, of course, you *have* to get everything! Otherwise, you haven't really defeated the game.

Um, it's a pretty short game. I don't think it even takes 8 hours, really; More like 6. I have also beaten it in one sitting without dying, and it's actually pretty eassy. Super Metroid is a little more difficult to beat in one sitting without dying, but it's still not all that hard.;)

Studmaster
11-11-2002, 08:09 PM
I've beaten Super Metroid without dying 5 times, but never in one sitting. I never wanted that game to end.

TyJILDown
11-11-2002, 08:17 PM
Definatly a Link to the Past. Hell I was playing that with a friend the other day. I still have the original box and all for the thing...

My second would have to be Ocarina of Time, but the original comes close even though I really was afraid of the Like Likes when I was younger!!

And YES THAT WATER TEMPLE WAS A BITCH!! Argh, I had to help a bunch of people get through that X_x

*will do a Link cosplay in the future*

KnuxieChan
11-12-2002, 01:10 PM
I perfered the Forest Temple cuz it had the Poe sisters, but the Water Temple was defently hell under water x.x

Rosiel
11-12-2002, 01:21 PM
> I have also beaten it in one sitting without dying, and it's actually pretty eassy.

A friend of mine way back when decided (for a contest in Nintendo power if I remember correctly) to play through the original Zelda in one sitting, no saving, and with the WOODEN SWORD.

Needless to say we all thought he was insane and lo and behold he made it. X__X He took a picture of his screen and sent it in to the magazine, I think he got a Tshirt out of it...

Hungryjack
11-12-2002, 01:27 PM
Just for kicks, I tried playing the original Legend of Zelda without ever grabbing any sword, just to see how far I could make it on secondary weapons. I think I made it all the way to the boss of the 6th dungeon before finding an obstacle I could not overcome with secondary weapons alone.

Also, when I first got the game, I entered my name as Zelda and played through the quests in reverse order, never realizing what was going on until after the fact.

Mei Lan Chang
11-12-2002, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by Rosiel
> I have also beaten it in one sitting without dying, and it's actually pretty eassy.

A friend of mine way back when decided (for a contest in Nintendo power if I remember correctly) to play through the original Zelda in one sitting, no saving, and with the WOODEN SWORD.

Needless to say we all thought he was insane and lo and behold he made it. X__X He took a picture of his screen and sent it in to the magazine, I think he got a Tshirt out of it...

Now that....is something worth attention. The geek side of me is green with envy.

Ranma Saotome
11-12-2002, 03:10 PM
Has anyone seen the new Zelda for GC? >_<

Anywho, I think I got every item except for one in Link to the Past. I do love the N64 Zeldas, but I was kinda expecting N64 Zelda more like SNES one. *shrugs*

DJ(SiC)ness
11-12-2002, 07:07 PM
Ocarina is alot like Link to the past if you sit down and compare the 2.

also i was kinda hoping that the GC zelda would of been like the N64 zelda, i don't really like the goofy looking link, but im not going to judge it until i've played it.

TyJILDown
11-12-2002, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by Ranma Saotome
Has anyone seen the new Zelda for GC? >_<

I remember when they released BEAUTIFUL screen shots awhile back for the game...then they changed it around and people were shocked with the results.

I personally don't mind the graphics, they look like a real cartoon and have smooth motion. The cel shading was done quite nicely. The graphics aren't really getting me down, I heard it's suppose to be quite a game. As long as the game itself is good I'm all for it!

If you're a Zelda fan, you know you're gonna get it either way *will buy it the day it comes out* Well, that is if ya got a Gamecube ^^

Celine
11-12-2002, 07:35 PM
If any of you happen to get G4TV, they show the new GC Zelda trailer pretty often on Cinematech. That's where I saw it, at least. No, I don't like the new look... but the game still looks amazing. The animation is really cool and the cutesy cartooniness seems to work. However, I'll reserve judgment until I play it for myself. ^^

Babbit_Chan
11-12-2002, 11:45 PM
Yeah, we'll definitely be getting the Zelda for GC. My brother was turned off by the cover they had on the "coming soon" case, though. I'll have to convince him otherwise ^_^

Michi
11-12-2002, 11:53 PM
I've played.. the first game for NES, Zelda II for NES, the Oracle games (and I wanna cosplay from them.. x_x especially Nayru).. A Link to the Past, and Ocarina of Time. I haven't gotten all too far on any of them though. ^_^; I have a Zelda cosplay planned from Ocarina... I like the 2D graphics on the earlier games... dunno if I'm too keen on sidescrolling Zelda II.. and I loved Ocarina of Time. It was just so fun. I usually don't like blocky 3D games, but.. eeh. It was worth it.

As for the new GameCube game.. I wish they'd use graphics for Link like in Super Smash Bros Melee. So gorgeous. I don't like the cartoony look.. I dunno, it just doesn't look right. But I know I'll probably play it at a friend's house or something. I'm usually not too huge on graphics, some of my favorite games are 2D and icky and old and pixelated. :P But just.. something about the new game. x_x;

Babbit_Chan
11-13-2002, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by Michi
I've played.. the first game for NES, Zelda II for NES, the Oracle games (and I wanna cosplay from them.. x_x especially Nayru).. A Link to the Past, and Ocarina of Time. I haven't gotten all too far on any of them though. ^_^; I have a Zelda cosplay planned from Ocarina... I like the 2D graphics on the earlier games... dunno if I'm too keen on sidescrolling Zelda II.. and I loved Ocarina of Time. It was just so fun. I usually don't like blocky 3D games, but.. eeh. It was worth it.

As for the new GameCube game.. I wish they'd use graphics for Link like in Super Smash Bros Melee. So gorgeous. I don't like the cartoony look.. I dunno, it just doesn't look right. But I know I'll probably play it at a friend's house or something. I'm usually not too huge on graphics, some of my favorite games are 2D and icky and old and pixelated. :P But just.. something about the new game. x_x;

That's exactly the problem my brother had with it.

Ranma Saotome
11-13-2002, 12:16 PM
Ah yes... GC Zelda... Is it just me or does Link look like a bitch?

Sirami
11-13-2002, 12:39 PM
Yup. I was also verry turned off by the cartoony effects. I loved the georgous CG that they had rendered at SpaceWorld 2000. I read that they wanted to focus more on gameplay, rather than grafics, which is great...... but the look is just stupid, imo....

Rosiel
11-13-2002, 12:57 PM
> As for the new GameCube game.. I wish they'd use graphics for Link like in Super Smash Bros Melee. So gorgeous. I don't like the cartoony look..

Same here. I bought a N64 for /one/ game (obviously Ocarina which I /love/). And to this day own two games for it, since they came out with Majora's Mask.

I have a history of buying systems just to play one game (Genesis and Phantasy Star IV comes to mind), recently bought a PS2 in order to play Suikoden III... and I see no Game Cube in my future.

A Zelda game rendered like that Link&Ganon fight they had shown (at E3?) would have made me buy a GC. This cartoony... thing... won't. And since they cancelled the port of Skies of Arcadia, I don't have any reason to touch the GC at all.

Which is sad because I always was a big Nintendo supporter.

Sirami
11-13-2002, 01:11 PM
A Zelda game rendered like that Link&Ganon fight they had shown (at E3?) would have made me buy a GC. This cartoony... thing... won't. [/B][/QUOTE]

It was shown at Spaceworld 2000. I don't think it made it to E3. I'm not certian though, so correct me if I'm wrong.

Adella
11-13-2002, 07:02 PM
BLECH to Celda. I've already stated that if they want to go back to "oldschool" Zelda.. then they should go back to sprites. not make link look like Parappa the rappa. where they were headed with the way he looked in SSBM and Ocarina of Time aws grand.. it portrayed Hyrule beautifully and believably. This cartoon stuff urks me. I don't care HOW good the story is.. it's either nicely rendered or sprites.. no inbetween stuff.

DJ(SiC)ness
11-13-2002, 07:18 PM
the story is turning be off more than the graphics.

link is like a 10 year old who has just has his birthday, when all of a sudden his sister is kidnaped (sister?) so he goes off to rescue her...wtf does that have to do with Zelda? Not to mention the game has no Zelda. Just some kid running around looking for his sister.

I remmember last Year PSM magazine had this story about how Nintendo didn't scrap the Space World Zelda and that they were going to release it on PS2 i was like no way. Turns out it was there Apirl issue, and every year PSM has this huge April Fools joke....them bastards....I LOVE YOU PSM!!!

KnuxieChan
11-13-2002, 08:26 PM
Eew. I agree with Aeris o_o

The Irvinator
11-13-2002, 11:32 PM
On the up side, pre-ordered Japanese versions of The Legend of Zelda: Tact of the Wind will be coming with a free disc containing Ocarina of Time and Ura Zelda (the unreleased 64DD title). We can only hope the US does this too ;__;

ChenCzen
11-13-2002, 11:45 PM
>link is like a 10 year old who has just has his birthday, when all of a sudden his sister is kidnaped (sister?) so he goes off to rescue her...wtf does that have to do with Zelda? Not to mention the game has no Zelda. Just some kid running around looking for his sister.

um, i think like 2 of the gameboy games dont feature zelda either. its just like the mario bros... sure the title says they are bros but they havent really stared in a game side by side in a while. but we all know its the same reason they took bert and ernie off tv... dont make me spell that one out...

Babbit_Chan
11-14-2002, 12:56 AM
DJ: Where'd the sister come from? I thought he was a loner? Wasn't he that young when we got to be young Link in one of the N64 games? Wouldn't we have *seen* her? Excuse me while I go reset my brain or someone ask Nintendo what's going on. No relevance to the overall storyline whatsoever...

I think the a few of the Zelda games have really gone downward after Ocarina and Majora's Mask as far as the plot. No Zelda no Zelda title. Why bother to name something after a story that it's not? Grr *slaps Nintendo around a bit*

The Irvinator
11-14-2002, 01:38 AM
LoL the "universe" is always different. In Link to the Past he was a human with an uncle. In Ocarina of Time he had no family and lived with those elf people. I forget what his origins in the first two were...

Babbit_Chan
11-14-2002, 01:51 AM
If this is all good and true, can we safely say that either Link has multiple siblings of the unknown and/or has schizophrenia?

The Irvinator
11-14-2002, 02:43 AM
Maybe Link looks different in every game cuz it's never the same Link. It's just a bunch of different pointly eared kids who all happen to be named Link.

DJ(SiC)ness
11-14-2002, 09:08 PM
so there is a huge clone army of links just running around Hyrule...hmm sounds like a new zelda game.

Bell-chan
11-14-2002, 09:43 PM
I guess I can't really add to the conversation of newly-released Legend of Zelda games...but before I actually started playing games, I used to watch my brother play. I thought it was neat ^___^ so, now that I no longer have a SNES..I must use the emulator for A Link to the Past. I love the game though! The graphics are so ...cute @_@ poooooor poor chickens! Bwahahaha

Babbit_Chan
11-14-2002, 10:06 PM
Irvinator: So in the history of Hyrule we would find a great cloning catastrophe?

DJ: OOOO! I'll buy that one!

KaitouKurogo
11-15-2002, 01:56 AM
I've played every Zelda game known to man (even those terrible CD-Is....*shudder*) and I pride myself on knowing pretty much every blasted thing about the series. ^_^ It's an obsession.

The multiple Links come through the timeline. Think Star Wars here...the series is one long timeline telling the history of these heroes, but they are not released in order. Ocarina of Time was, in the timeline, the very first. It explained how Gannondorf got locked in the Sacred Realm (Major rip-off if you ask me...poor Gannon-chan).
Link To The Past is next, telling of Ahngnim's rise to power and releasing Gannondorf. After that is Link's Awakening, but the rest of the games can be put in any order you'd like. It's set up so that each game tells the story of a new generation of heroes, each being a decendant of Link. As for the many Zeldas, who knows...(The exception to the generations are Majora's Mask, which features Kid-Link from Ocarina of Time. The other is Link's Awakening, which features Link from Link To The Past.)

I agree, the temples were pretty tough. Majora's Mask was a let-down though. Too easy, but the N64 games have great replay value. I've gone through them countless times to spot all the glitches, hidden tricks, and hidden jokes I can. As far as I've been tested, I'm the master of Zelda Trivia amongst my peers...
In Majora's Mask, did you know there is a man you can see through the Telescope, but he's not there when you go to where you saw him?
In Ocarina of Time, did you know the monsters have feelings too? When you go to fight the final Poe Sister in the Forest Temple, get close enough to see her, but not fight her. She's crying! You did kill her sisters after all...jerk.

Post is way too long...

Anyway, the cartoony graphics of Celda turned me off at first, but I enjoy good gameplay. As long as the plot is entertaining, I'm fine with it. Still...I would like to have played the E3 Demo of Zelda GC.
Am I the only one out here who would like to see Legend of Zelda in Final Fantasy 7 format? I would love to see little Chibi-Sprite-Link running around...

Babbit_Chan
11-15-2002, 12:59 PM
kaitou: Zelda in FF format would be an interesting game. And of course we know the whole Zelda saga's going along a timeline - personally I just think the plot's wavering away from the focus of the series - Zelda.

KaineMaxwell
11-15-2002, 05:59 PM
I love all the Zelda titles myself. At the end of OoT but never got around to beating it and I'm not too fond of Zelda II myself.

If you love Zelda games and emulation, check this out:
http://www.cg-games.net/challenges/zeldac/

DJ(SiC)ness
11-17-2002, 04:15 PM
*runs around in a Link cotume

i shall hunt down the cartoony version of me!
I Shall pluck out his huge eye balls with my master sword!

HAHAHA!!

KaineMaxwell
11-18-2002, 07:32 AM
Anyone ever beat all the Zelda games?

Babbit_Chan
11-18-2002, 10:35 AM
I never got around to playing the Oracle games, but I've beaten all the rest.

KaitouKurogo
11-18-2002, 11:03 AM
The Oracle games were pretty good, but it was frustrating to go around and get all the transfer codes from each cartridge. ^_^ Worth it to get the whole ending though.

DJ(SiC)ness
11-18-2002, 05:12 PM
i never played the oracle games, becuase i really didn't want to play a zelda game on a game boy.

But everybody says there great, and im going to buy Link to the Past on Dec 2. for GBA

KnuxieChan
11-18-2002, 05:54 PM
Well, apparently the CG Zelda game takes place after the first game. And seeing his mother abadonded him or somethin' he has a mysterious sister. (Oooh..)

So blah blah blah.. weird graphics. *hates cell shading*>.O And we have a Zelda game.

Babbit_Chan
11-18-2002, 09:25 PM
Shippo - Well that clears up a lot after Irvinator, DJ, and I starting coming up with random theories about Link ^^

SailorAndromeda
11-19-2002, 11:16 AM
I love the Zelda series (obviously, I was Zelda at Otakon ^^)
My fave is Ocarina of Time, followed closely by A Link to the past. I also still love the first ever one.
I too was pissed off when they released that demo, which looked so awesome, and then decided that the next game would be cartoon-ish. I'll reserve judgement until after I've played it, but I am already dissappointed. The graphics don't seem to bother my husband though, he thinks it looks neat.
When we saw Harry Potter on Friday, there was a commercial type thing for the GameCube Zelda. The commercial was being narrated by a "mysterious" girl in a black cloak, saying something about Link having to save her or something. I thought it was Zelda, but people are saying it's his sister that was kidnapped? WTF? What were they smoking when they made this game? I sure hope it turns out to be better than it looks.

Babbit_Chan
11-19-2002, 12:58 PM
Sailor Andromeda: Whatever they're smoking, it's some really heavy stuff. Colombian brand? I thought so.

DJ(SiC)ness
11-19-2002, 06:47 PM
if you go to nintendos website they have that the trailer with the girl, yeah its his sister, it would of been cool if it was zelda...but no i guess nintendo hates us.

SailorAndromeda
11-20-2002, 01:23 PM
WHY????? WHY WHY WHY??? ARRGH...
sheesh. His sister? I want some Zelda here, not random chick! Oy.
On another note, I started Oracle of Ages yesterday, I love it! I love how the style is exactly like Link to the Past. And I'll still end up buying the new "Zelda" (i use that term loosely in this case) game, because it's a Link game. *sigh*
And yes Babbit, I believe it may be Colombian.

DJ(SiC)ness
11-20-2002, 04:58 PM
so they showed the trailer before THe new harry potter movie?

Ohmi
11-21-2002, 07:14 AM
Hmm I'm very late on this thread.. but I'll put in my 2 cents ^^

My favorite Zelda is Ocarina of Time.. brilliantly done in every way! Of course that's the one I cosplayed as well. ^^

My opinion about Zelda: Wand of Wind (GC) is -- That in terms of making another Zelda game that's true to the "line look" they've succeeded quite successfully. The style is right on the mark and accomplishes exactly what it should.. making the game simple looking in order to supplement the gameplay.. as well as being elegant in its own right. Obviously it doesn't look like Ocarina (which was done in basically the only way they could on N64 (though cel shading could have been possible I suppose)) or SSBM or the Spaceworld preview.. Honestly I didn't like the Spaceworld preview.. I thought it looked a bit cheap and rushed.. and obviously it wasn't a final product anyway. I also approve of the decision to go with cel shading in order to differentiate the Zelda line from say... Final Fantasy. One thing to realize is that many companies are doing styles that could be considered close to Final Fantasy.. And after a while they'll all appear to be similar artistically.

In no way am I suggesting that this should sway your opinion about Wand of Wind.. but these are just my impressions.

I've played the E3 demo of Wand of Wind and it's awesome! Just as brilliant as Ocarina was as far as I can tell.. and super polished.
The one other thing I like about the SD cel shaded look that they did is that you can almost always seen Link's expression when you're performing actions.. The character animation is also top notch.. way better than any previous Zelda game ever made. I'm really looking forward to Wand of Wind.

-Ohmi / Link ^^

Adella
11-21-2002, 07:40 AM
Celda = looks gay

if they wanted to go cell frame style they should have made it look like anime esque. not "oh look my head is the size of a beach ball and this is my cork body! :O"

btw everyone Ohmi is hot.

Babbit_Chan
11-21-2002, 11:01 AM
You're funny, Aeris XD (hey he *does* make a good Link o_O). Anyway, Celda looks like Animal Crossing - IMHO.

SailorAndromeda
11-21-2002, 01:02 PM
Ohmi- Awesome Link! My hubby was Goron Tunic Link at Otakon. Though we didn't have the ears, and his wig didn't look as good as yours. We couldn't find a wig we really liked, so we got the one he was wearing. By the way, did you make your ears? They're great!
Anyway, yeah, the whole character expression thing is cool, and I understand that they're trying to be different, but they could at least have Zelda in the game! ah well...
~*liz*

KnuxieChan
11-21-2002, 01:09 PM
*dances around*Link! He come to town! come to save.. the princess Zelda! XD Erm, I wanna crossplay Gannon o.o' *killed for spamming*

Ohmi
11-21-2002, 07:54 PM
Sailor Andromeda - Thanks a lot! ^^ Yeah I made the ears w/ help from the rest of the Zelda crew ^^; They're latex pressed from a plaster cast.. The wig we got was actually different.. we had to cut it and style it..

I haven't heard an official report that Zelda is not in Wand of Wind so I'll just wait and see I guess.. Link can save his sister and Zelda.. look at how many people he had to save in Link to the Past ^^;

Shippo - wow.. Gannon's outfit is tough! good luck to you! :)

DJ(SiC)ness
11-22-2002, 12:54 AM
dude ohmi i love your avatar

Omnyouji!!!!

Ohmi
11-22-2002, 04:44 AM
heh thanks! Actually I was wondering why Navi beat up Link in your sig graphic? XD

Adella
11-22-2002, 07:10 PM
it's not navi dear.. it's one of the bottled fairies who replenish health. He just forgot to make the faery pink instead of blue. Pink=replenish
Blue=Navi

Ohmi
11-22-2002, 08:10 PM
Ah! No wonder I was confused ^^;

DJ(SiC)ness
11-22-2002, 09:21 PM
hmm i should fix that

Adella
11-23-2002, 05:43 AM
*glomps Ohmi* I am his Fangirl!!!!! *-*

DJ(SiC)ness
11-23-2002, 11:33 PM
well i just back from the "Nintendo Cube Club" being held this week in Vegas. And i played the new Zelda.

let me just say this...

its going to take some getting used to but its with out a doubt Zelda.

oh yeah the cel shading is wonderful, and the gameplay is very close to orcarina and Majora. You don't even notice that your playing the game, its very cartoonlike. But it is still enjoyable.

i still whould of wanted a "Super Smash Bros. Melee" Link, but this will do fine. Sinc i only played a demo, im not sure how the rest of the game is going to turn out. But to let you all know, i was very sceptical but now im proud for this to be a Zelda game. Some of the monsters seem kinda corny, but eh so what

KaineMaxwell
11-24-2002, 12:07 PM
About to beat Gannon in the 1st quest of Zelda 1 with the Blue Ring...

Babbit_Chan
11-24-2002, 06:54 PM
Zelda will always turn out to be a fan-molested game, perhaps this will just be the most unpopular of the saga because of its cartoon-like ways.

DJ(SiC)ness
11-26-2002, 07:01 PM
so true

3-D
11-27-2002, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by Aeris
Celda = looks gay

if they wanted to go cell frame style they should have made it look like anime esque. not "oh look my head is the size of a beach ball and this is my cork body! :O"

btw everyone Ohmi is hot.
Oh they went anime. POKEMON anime. :mad: And yes, it pissed me off too when I saw it. Link doesn't look like the link he's always been shown as in ALL the Zelda concept and publicity art. He looks like a generic Pokemon character with a green tunic and blonde hair. I wouldn't have minded, say, the cutesy look of A Link to the Past combined with a cel shaded 3d engine. That still woulda looked like link. He's just too generic looking now.

Nintendo is working harder to annoy all the old school Nintendo gamers each generation of systems they release now I think. It's like they want to be SURE to piss off adult gamers and ONLY have kids for customers. :(

DJ(SiC)ness
11-27-2002, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by 3-D

Nintendo is working harder to annoy all the old school Nintendo gamers each generation of systems they release now I think. It's like they want to be SURE to piss off adult gamers and ONLY have kids for customers. :(

well its working...whores

Babbit_Chan
11-27-2002, 05:55 PM
It's not like we can do anything about it - we'll get ignored and as long as the younger gamers are wowed into thinking this is as good as it gets and they bring in the cash, we're stuck. Till we lead a revolt, anyway.

DJ(SiC)ness
11-28-2002, 12:52 AM
i'll get the pitch forks and torchs

KaineMaxwell
11-28-2002, 10:24 AM
A tleast Nintendo and Sega for that matter are seeing the potential in reissuing retro game sin retro packs like Sonic COllection (bastards neve rincluded Sonic CD) and the NES Classic e-reader cards for GBA.

Beat Zelda 1 this morning- had the Blue Ring, used medicine once through whole 1st quest and only had half a heart left when I killed Gannon.

Adella
11-28-2002, 08:11 PM
after of course squaresoft rereleased things like the old final fantasies in bulk packages, and after sega lost the race for game platforms and had to go into merely developing games.

*follows 3D to go kidnap Miyamoto and make him make good games again*

3-D
11-29-2002, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by Aeris
after of course squaresoft rereleased things like the old final fantasies in bulk packages, and after sega lost the race for game platforms and had to go into merely developing games.

*follows 3D to go kidnap Miyamoto and make him make good games again*
Heh, I can hear Miyamoto now. "OK OK, we make game for adults now! Our next game be based off of Urotsukidoji!" :blubber:

3-D
12-03-2002, 03:08 AM
OH. MY. GOD.

Nintendo can eat my ass on a lime with salt.

http://gamespot.com/gamespot/stories/news/0,10870,2899159,00.html

That's Wind WAKER, not Wind Walker. Can you say stupid name? I'm officially not buying a GayPube now. BAKA NINTENDO!

PikminLink
02-26-2003, 02:09 AM
Zelda will always be the best game around!!!!!! though the first time i ever saw Cel-da....i was surprised....but let me tell you..I played it at the cube club in san fransisco...and I really like it!!!! Im telling you.....

You shouldnt really hate the Gamecube just becasue you dont like the way cel-da looks........once you play it youll have a different oppinion!

Though I did hear that Shigeru Miyamoto is in the making of another zelda game for the gamecube, i really dont know if its rumor or not....but we will just have to wait an find out.

DJ(SiC)ness
02-26-2003, 04:51 PM
ok let me put it this way....it took them 4 years to make orcarina for N64....do you know how long it would take them to make another game like that with GC graphics?!

A lomg time, nintendo probly went the way of the cel becuase of cost and time factors not becuase Shigeru thought link should be able to have more expression.

And i have to agree with Link...ahh i mean PikminLink (sorry i got confushed O_o great job man) I was soo pissed off when i first saw it, but i played it at cube club down here in Vegas and i loved it. I mean i would still love to have another Orcarina like game, but i don't see it happening anytime soon.

So just be happy with what ya got.

man i thought this thread was long dead...oh welll i needed to come back since Wind Waker is close by.

Michi
02-26-2003, 06:20 PM
After watching videos for the Wind Waker over and over... I still don't like Link's new design much. Just something about him is really.. funky. :X But the movement is amazing, even his little expressions and the way he moves around is gorgeous. Even if he's ugly. Haha, but it looks like it WILL be a good game. I don't think I'll buy it anytime soon.. well.. I have the GC version of Ocarina + Master Quest 'cause a friend of mine got an extra one for me, so I can get $10 off Wind Waker.. but I dunno. Wheeee rambling is good.

In other news, Capcom is making a new GBA Zelda game..?

DJ(SiC)ness
02-26-2003, 06:35 PM
capcom put out Link to the past for GBA i know that

Michi
02-26-2003, 06:55 PM
They did the Oracle games and Four Swords. ^^ I've got Four Swords and played Oracle of Ages on emulator and enjoyed it... So I'm looking forward to this.

http://www.planetgamecube.com/news.cfm?action=item&id=3996

The news is there. :D

Ohmi
02-27-2003, 03:19 AM
I'm not really big on the non-Miyamoto Zeldas... which includes Majora's Mask and the GB/GBC/GBA ones.. I have 2 of the GBC Zeldas.. and they feel all cramped ... @_@; and having a button to use the shield in a 2D Zelda and having the ability to jump is really odd.. I haven't tried Four Swords yet.. but it looks better.. and I already have the SNES Link to the Past so it's unlikely that I'd buy that GBA game for more than like $5 ^^;

I'm still playing Majora's Mask.. though a lot of it is kinda painful.. >_<; I like Wind Waker a lot better (I played it for a few hours already in Japanese)

PikminLink
02-27-2003, 03:28 AM
i like all zelda games ^_^ ...... i though MM was really fun...

cant wait to get wind waker!!! <\^_~/>

Michi
02-27-2003, 03:33 AM
I played Four Swords with two friends, and it was a lot of fun. ^_^ Zelda really does work as a multiplayer game, at least in that format.

The more advertisements I see for Wind Waker makes me want it. X_x I think I will.. considering I can get $10 off.. mwahahaa..

Raincrystal
02-27-2003, 02:28 PM
Oh, I've won with a 0 counter... it was really, really nerve-wracking at times (especially that accursed moth in that accursed level 3 Dark World dungeon.)

I wrote a Link to the Past fanfic when I was 11, before I even knew what fanfic was, or that there was anyone in the universe who would actually read it. My dad laughed at me and told me to write some original stories because there was no point in writing a Zelda story, since I could never publish it. I didn't write any more fanfic until a couple years later, when I got the internet and learned that it IS okay to write fanfic and there ARE people who actually want to read it.

...He has a point with needing to be able to publish the original stories and all, and I do write those too... but I will always feel free to write fanfic when I please. Why? Because it's about what I love...

PikminLink
02-27-2003, 04:14 PM
the games looks isnt what tells me if i buy it or not...i mostly check out the gameplay before i get it.......though....if its my favorite series...ill buy it.....if it looks cool..ill rent it.......if its zelda ....im getting it *no argument there*!!.................but the gameplay, and links expressions in the new zelda are just amazing !!!!!*watch his eyes*!!....now,.. ocarina didnt really have expressions.....though i really do love ocarina of time.....................but the new zelda is something different......oh and the images are sooo clear..

DJ(SiC)ness
02-27-2003, 09:18 PM
man i hated MM it was such a let down, i mean it was beautiful and very cool looking but i mean 4 dungeonS! Who playss a Zelda game for side quests? My game even glitched on me! Towards half way threw the game i couldn't unequip my orcarina, so i couldn't use my sword or other weapons! it sucked!

Michi
02-27-2003, 09:53 PM
Graphics can turn me away from a game, but if the gameplay is good enough I'll still play it. ^^ For instance, um, Ocarina.. because I couldn't stand the blocky 3D graphics of the system but loved OoT too much not to play it. The gameplay and story made up for the blockiness, and a lot of the graphics still looked good, and you get used to it. ^_^
From the videos I've downloaded of Wind Waker, the gameplay looks to have the same Zelda feel.. aside from the cartoony-ness.. and argh the more I talk about the more I want it. ;_; *squirm*

PikminLink
02-28-2003, 12:58 AM
...........................hehehe.....it was because of ocarina of time that i got an n64 for chritmas..um when OoT first came out....and the same for the gamecube^^

Ohmi
02-28-2003, 01:34 AM
Yeah Miyamoto he knows how to make a system-selling game XD Though he hasn't been as successful in recent years.. too bad :P

PikminLink
02-28-2003, 02:19 AM
Miyamoto is the Greatest videogame designer there is!

La Hire
07-06-2003, 07:43 AM
What could be video game without Miyamoto?I expect the next Zelda on GC will rock!

I like LTTP of course, Zelda II and OOT!

For the fav character...I ONLY LIVE FOR ADULT MALON!!!I ONLY DREAM OF HER, I THINK EVERYDAY ABOUT HER, I EXPECT TO SEE HER AGAIN!!!

Damn I'm getting mad again...

KaineMaxwell
07-06-2003, 11:03 AM
Kickass news Michi!

PikminLink
07-06-2003, 09:28 PM
....i just hope they will make a good, non cel shaded game for the gcn....i mean...i didnt hate wind waker....i loved it actually, but i want them for once, make a game that where link and all them look real...show us what the gcn is capable of......you all remember the gcn demo of zelda at spaceworld....where link and ganondorf are fighting......thats the kind of game i was expecting....and still am...

XeroRadius
07-06-2003, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by PikminLink
....i just hope they will make a good, non cel shaded game for the gcn....i mean...i didnt hate wind waker....i loved it actually, but i want them for once, make a game that where link and all them look real...show us what the gcn is capable of......you all remember the gcn demo of zelda at spaceworld....where link and ganondorf are fighting......thats the kind of game i was expecting....and still am...

Keep waiting. And don't be disappointed if they don't make it.

It was a Tech Demo. Not a demo of a game in the making, exactly. Sure, they may use that style in a new game later, but prolly not.

I admit that it'd be cool, but so are these other, new ideas. Whatever they decide to make their game into, I'm sure it'll be great.

While you're waiting though...Keep following this site. (http://www.danielbarras.com/) Someone remaking OoT, Majora's Mask and Wind Waker in 2D for the PC(and maybe for the GBA after they're done).

Michi
07-07-2003, 05:05 AM
I'd like to see a Zelda game in the quality of SSBM... Link, Zelda, and Ganondorf's models from that. They can't make a game as realistic as Link is in Soul Calibur II or anything, because it just wouldn't be possible.. at least not on the GameCube.. Maybe a future system someday. :X C'monnnn OoT remake in SSBM style!!!! .....yeahright.

I want Wind Waker 2! Nyah~

Arc_The_Lad
07-07-2003, 05:24 AM
they WERE going to make a Zelda game with those kind of graphics, but they didn't for some damned reason. I saw pics of it too, Link and Ganondorf were having a sword fight, I never knew Ganondorf had a sword, and it was HUGE! It was mint, the graphics WERE as good as soul caliber 2.

Arc_The_Lad
07-07-2003, 05:34 AM
I found some pics of it:

http://www.rollenspielewelt.de/gamecube/zelda.jpg

http://www.gaming-media.com/_feature/gamecube/zelda-cube.jpg

http://nintendo.gamerweb.com/media/zelda/zelda007.jpg

with my luck you already seen these and I'm TOTALLY wrong

Michi
07-07-2003, 05:41 AM
No, Arc_The_Lad, we mentioned this. The Link vs Ganondorf video was not a GameCube game in the making. It was a demo video made to show the capabilities of the system. That first URL you posted is from Super Smash Bros Melee, btw.

Link's so nicely done in SCII because he only needs to move around a small fighting arena. He could not be rendered like that if he had to do everything he does in Ocarina of Time. x_x; Hence why there won't be a game like that anytime soon.. I think, though, if he can walk across the screen like he does in Adventure Mode of SSBM, perhaps a Zelda game can be made with SSBM-type graphics..

And as a side note, if you have extra things to add before anyone else has replied, you can just edit your previous post. It helps keep the thread clean and uncluttered that way. ^^

Hikaru
07-07-2003, 11:06 AM
My favorite game was A Link to the Past! I remember beating it when I was around 7!! My mom beat it too!! She loves that game!

Arc_The_Lad
07-07-2003, 04:25 PM
bah I knew it, maybe I should have read the middle pages.

anyway, I also liked A link to the past, though I really sucked at it, I died like 15 times. that Ice temple took me forever to figure out.

Ocarina of time was also very good, but as you replay the game it gets super easy.

Majora's mask was good because of all the things you could do, also its a lot harder than OoT in my opinion. Kudos to anyone who found all 50 something heart pieces, I could never do it.

Michi
07-07-2003, 09:06 PM
Majora's Mask was harder... The heart pieces were harder.. The last temple was evil at times.. I mean, I got all 20 containers filled in OoT, but only bothered to get 15/20 in Majora. ^_^;

ObsydianClaw
07-07-2003, 10:56 PM
Wind waker was my first zelda game, got me into it ^_^ So, of course it's my top pick

La Hire
07-08-2003, 05:19 AM
I have all Zelda games existing!But ALTTP was really the basic of the game!It gave us the music, the legend, the story...

OOT is the final mix!And also the best!i liked WW because there was a kind of OOT ambience...

Please Miya give us a Zelda with Doom III engine!!!!!!!

Michi
07-08-2003, 09:39 AM
...Doom III engine? Eh?!

KaineMaxwell
07-08-2003, 09:47 AM
I think he means Zelda as a FPS..intresting concept I gotta admit!

Michi
07-08-2003, 09:25 PM
But.. that makes no sense..

Arc_The_Lad
07-08-2003, 09:43 PM
he means that the game would have the same graphics as Doom 3, which a EXCELLENT.

I think

La Hire
07-10-2003, 01:00 PM
Yes!A third persorn game like always but with the Doom III engine for ultra realistic graphic, wonderfull shadows and light effects and real time hardcore sex scene with Malon and nabooru...

:D

More seriously I'm curious to know how the next Zelda is going to look like...

Michi
07-10-2003, 08:17 PM
The next Zelda is going to be a Wind Waker sequel. :p Like Majora's Mask was to Ocarina of Time. Booya!

La Hire
08-07-2003, 12:20 PM
There should be a Ultimate Zelda:instrumental music, great cinematics, they should use again the most famous characters of the serie AND MAKE LINK SPEAKING!A GOOD DRAMATIC STORY WOULD BE COOL!

Famira Damaris
08-07-2003, 08:19 PM
*L* Link speaking would be...strange. But I don't think it'd be a bad thing. ^^ Anyone ever read the Ocarina of Time/Majora's Mask manga?

DJ(SiC)ness
08-07-2003, 09:07 PM
i can easily tell you why they did not make a Zelda game using the spaceworld graphics.. it would be too expensive and would take forever.

let me remind you that this is also a business they are in it for the money.

OOT took them 4 years to make...or somwhere around there, and look how blocky the graphics are.

Games today take forever to make beucase of the highe pixle count and long render times. They have to go into more deph with the character models and textures as well as the background models. It would just take too long.

Thats why they went with the cel shading. Cel Shading is acually a very simple process and the detail in the textures aren't as great...since it does look like a cartoon.

They went with it becuase it was cheaper and faster.

Inuyahsha
08-08-2003, 01:20 AM
*bows down* I with that. LOZ IS AWSUM! oOT is the best

RyanW
08-08-2003, 02:28 PM
They didn't go with Cel Shading to save money, they went with Cel Shading because Miyamoto wasn't happy with OoT, and he didn't want a GCN zelda to look "Kind of cool" but still look assy. He's already expressed interest in making a realistic zelda, after the next incarnation. If you look hard enough, Zelda has always been Miyamoto's cartoon. He was a cartoonist, by trade. It's what he went to college for. (art anyway) Mario and Zelda were his first big games, they were his cartoons, or anime I guess.

Link has always been a child to him, with the only departures being in Zelda II, a direct sequel to Zelda I, where Link is 16, and OoT, where Link BECOMES an adult, not IS an adult.

Being an Adult Link cosplayer myself, you can understand that I DESPERATELY WANT for a game featuring my friend, Adult Link. But I know how Miyamoto feels, and I can understand his motives.

I greatly enjoyed Wind Waker, and felt it was easily one of the best games in the series, with the exception of games like OoT and Majoras Mask. It did, however, add a new level of cinematics and a living, breathing, changing 'world' to the game that was not so much present in the static 'level' type build of the previous games.

Jaquii
08-08-2003, 06:28 PM
I'm looking forward to seeing a super-realistically done Zelda game, hopefully one that continues the OoT saga. I agree with Ryan, Miyamoto always seems to make Link the child-hero; Link has never really had a true game devoted to his life as an adult (with the exception, of course, being the OoT *he's an adult by the end of the game*). I think that it would be interesting to see where Miyamoto would take Zelda once Link has fully "grown up." I can't wait to see the next development in the series.

Does anyone remember that ad that they showed at E3 in 2001 for the "Good Graphics" Zelda game? Might Miyamoto perhaps be in the process of making a new Zelda game (like DJ said, it took him four years to make OoT). Who knows? I've heard that the ad was a haox, I've heard that it was a preview for a remake of OoT, I've heard lot's of things. Does anyone truly know what is going on? ^ ^

And how many more Zelda games is Miyamoto going to be making? He's getting up there in age (similar to Miyazaki, the renoun animater), just how many games is he going to be able to create??

RyanW
08-08-2003, 08:13 PM
Miyamoto is making a new Zelda game, it was announced for the beginning of 2004, I think....

And he's hinted that a third, super-realistic game might be in the works after that. He was asked if any Zelda game would feature realistic graphics, and he said "Not the next one, but the one after....."

And don't forget, kids, with a release of 1 zelda per year, that would put a new zelda firmly as a launch title of Nintendo's new system.

Adult-themed Zelda to launch GCN2? Sounds like victory to me.

DJ(SiC)ness
08-08-2003, 08:40 PM
but the chances of GC2 are getting slim

The GC is not selling, and the low number of games for it isn't helping. Its sad that Xbox is out selling GC, becuase GC has alot of potential...and despite the fact that i hated the idea of cel-shaded zelda. I bought a GC just for that game...and i ended up liking it.

But nintendo is doing horible with there GC sales... and if things keep this up don't expect a GC2 any time soon. Like i said its a buisness. Nintendo is going to focus on GB becuase thats its big money maker.

so if there is ever a realistic zelda...odds are it will be on GC.
But if they do make a realistic zelda...don't expect it anytime soon becuase its going to take them forever to make.

RyanW
08-09-2003, 12:07 AM
Okay, for those of you who don't know me, which is everybody, here's a very quick primer. I'm a journalism student and I love Video Games. I study video games, past present and sometimes future, if I get the chance. Markets, trends, business models. If there's a book on gaming I've probably read it and that goes for magazine articles too.

So, anyway, one thing pisses me off above all else. Retards with rumors. Especially in gaming, everyone knows it all. I've heard everything from the PS2 coming out in California before it's Japanese release date (Because 'they get everything first') to Nintendo cancelling Phantasy Star Online because of bad sales.

I used to do my best to quell the rumors, but now I find a different approach satisfies me. Don't fight the fire, fight the thing that burns. Making rumor-mongers feel as retarded as possible is my goal, so that the next time they hear some dumbass rumor, they'll remember the brain-thrashing I give them and go "Oh maybe I shouldn't listen to my friend at Gamestop."

Without further ado, I give you Ryan's ass-beatings, Chapter 1.

<<but the chances of GC2 are getting slim>>

Why do you tell lies as if they're fact? I mean, I really don't want to sound like an asshole, but it's difficult when people tell flat out blatant lies that are made up by them and their friends on some message board, and then go around like they know some deep secret. Whatever half-brained retard told you that the 'chances of GC2 are gettin slim' needs to be shot in the face at least twice.

And let me tell you why.

<<The GC is not selling, and the low number of games for it isn't helping. Its sad that Xbox is out selling GC, becuase GC has alot of potential>>

The Gamecube is not selling, but the GBA is. It's outselling the PS2 at a very good pace, and as long as they make more money per game and per system than Sony does, they're going to keep making home consoles. Nintendo, despite it's problems readjusting itself to the new video game market of 2000+, is still the second largest software maker in the world, and before you even bring up Sega, Nintendo saw what happened to Sega. They ditched their hardware, and have been losing market share ever since. Sega is doing much worse now without their dreamcast then they've ever done before.

<<Like i said its a buisness. Nintendo is going to focus on GB becuase thats its big money maker.>>

And please, tell me what you know about business!? I REALLY want to know! Is business about 'the money maker'? Do you think Nintendo is going to stick to the big money maker and ignore other markets? Since DJ Sicness or whatever has brought it up, maybe Nintendo should throw in the towel! I had no idea your INSIGHT WAS SO F***ING DEEP!!!!!!!!!

<<so if there is ever a realistic zelda...odds are it will be on GC.
But if they do make a realistic zelda...don't expect it anytime soon becuase its going to take them forever to make.>>

Really?! Oh man, I want to know, how long does it take? I mean, you're obviously one of the internet's finest, and you've done a lot of research into development times and toolkit optimization. So, about how long does it take?

DJ(SiC)ness
08-09-2003, 12:51 AM
" I'm no expert, you're right about that. However tell me, are YOU the expert here? Do YOU work in the video game industry? Research is research, and from the information that we both have, I really can't see how much FUCKING DIFFERENT you are to me OTHER THAN OUR AGES. Tell me, do you feel supriorer that you're the older one here? That the fact that I'm a "kid" and I don't know jack for shit? DO give me that opinion buddy, I'd LOVE to hear what you gotta say ^_^. Perhaps you've got some inside info that gives you an edge over me. Please, DO share with me what YOU know... do you know when that Zelda game's gonna come out? do you got any idea when GC2 is gonna be premeired? I am merely stating what I have heard, and YOU take it seriously.

>>>> I used to do my best to quell the rumors, but now I find a different approach satisfies me. Don't fight the fire, fight the thing that burns. Making rumor-mongers feel as retarded as possible is my goal, so that the next time they hear some dumbass rumor, they'll remember the brain-thrashing I give them and go "Oh maybe I shouldn't listen to my friend at Gamestop."

I'm " sorry" if I offended your pride in video games, but I've only come to this topic to post and read, I am NOT here for a fight, but it does seem like you're just rear'in to rip a new one on just about ANYONE that thinks different from you. Well guess what? "I" aint' the one that started the name calling, it's YOU who did. I ain't askin for your F'in apologies, but just so you know, it's YOU who's the loser here. Pardon me that I apparently fit the figure as a "retard" but I really could care less of what you think, espically from your response. Thank you and have a nice day.