PDA

View Full Version : eyeglasses

Ironhill
09-05-2012, 01:39 PM
Does anyone knon of a site that carries replica Victorian/Strampunk eyeglass frames? I know you can get vintage frames but most eyeglass places won't make lenses because they worry about damaging them.

iamthelain
09-05-2012, 05:27 PM
There are meny sets of pre 1930's vintage glasses on ebay that can be had for less than $15 a pair. I would try to find a good non chain store eyeglass place and tell them to try there best but if they break the frames its ok and to let you know so you can buy another set. Quality new frames seam to cost well over $100 and you could buy 4 or 5 vintage pairs for less.

Ororo Monroe
10-29-2012, 09:11 PM
I've never run into an eyeglass place that won't alter vintage eyewear. In fact, in Red Wing, MN there is a shop that does all the hunting for old glasses, restores them, and puts perscription lenes in. A one stop shop so that you do not have to do the hunting for good frames. Then I look for frames I pick up ones that have screws and not lead plugs. Otherwise, I don't think they can be altered.

Curucar
10-30-2012, 10:19 PM
http://riverjunction.3dcartstores.com/Late-1800s-Eye-Spectacles--Oval-shaped-Clear-Glass--Gold-Colored-Frames-_p_1604.html
I had my rx stuck into these and wore 'em for over a year. :3