PDA

View Full Version : Cons- Hotel help?

Ravenous-Spirit
09-05-2012, 07:35 PM
Hopefully, this is the right forum >.>

Anyways, I'm planning on attending ACen in chicago next year but I can't find a hotel/motel that will book me because I'm not 21. Is there a way around this? If you go to this con and under 21(with noboby over 21 with you) how do you do it?

I checked out the hostel nearby there and it was much too expensive and got some terrible reviews so that's out as well.

Any help would be amazing!

improvised
09-07-2012, 08:35 PM
Can your parents help you with that? Even if you're not living with them, they could probably book it, and you could pay them what it costs?

princessmoon
09-10-2012, 12:52 AM
Does that convention have a forum for you to seek rooming with other attendees? I attend Kumoricon and I usually see several attendees post listings to seek roomies to help split costs... That's another method. Good luck!:bigtu:

lunaladyoflight
09-22-2012, 10:50 AM
Hotel laws differ from state to state. You HAVE to have the room in the name of someone who is of age. If you don't know someone who is then find someone who already has a room and stay with them. Or get your parents to help you. They'd have to check in as well. It's a law in Illinois that someone 21 or older has to be in the room.