PDA

View Full Version : cosplaying at the harry potter studio tour?

hp4ever
09-10-2012, 07:59 PM
anyone been to the harry potter studio tour and wore a costume? went in a gryffindor robe and scarf last time. while i was there i bought a hufflepuff robe and scarf and plan to wear them when i go again and get the rest of the outfit while i am there. does anyone think it's weird at all?

Jei-Cos
09-10-2012, 10:00 PM
Honestly no, I do not think it's weird. I would actually do it..lol

Yet Another
09-10-2012, 10:02 PM
Not at all. It's just like dressing up for the premieres.

Vault21
09-10-2012, 10:05 PM
I guess you should double check and make sure with the studio that it's cool to do that. They might be concerned that you would be mistaken for someone who works there. Entirely possible that I'm over-thinking this, though.

hp4ever
09-11-2012, 05:49 AM
all the staff wear normal uniform so you can't get mistaken the encourage you to dress up just wondered if anyone really would gonna wear my hufflepuff robe next time i go then

seiryuux
09-11-2012, 01:22 PM
I guess you should double check and make sure with the studio that it's cool to do that. They might be concerned that you would be mistaken for someone who works there. Entirely possible that I'm over-thinking this, though.

Don't worry, you aren't. While this place may encourage dressing up, most theme parks don't for the exact reason you stated.

Shana05
09-11-2012, 07:24 PM
No, but I'd probably ask if it was okay first. Otherwise I would just dress in HP gear like house ties.

MaryRyanBogard
09-12-2012, 12:58 AM
Don't worry, you aren't. While this place may encourage dressing up, most theme parks don't for the exact reason you stated.

Indeed. I know Disney only allows adults to dress up in their parks during "Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Parties" (and even then, you risk staffers constantly watching you like hawks; this is apparently less of an issue if you're a not-Disney character) and apparently "Star Wars Weekends" (and then only stuff from the aforementioned franchise). Kids under 10 are free to wear costumes- especially the dress-up play costumes Disney themselves make- at any time. Last I checked, Universal doesn't even let people dress up for their Halloween events (probably because theirs center more around scares than trick-or-treating), yet I've seen photographic evidence that people have managed to wear their HP costumes into the park when it wasn't even any kind of special event so I don't even know any more.

llewell
09-12-2012, 10:02 AM
I have some friends who went to Leavesden harry potter studio. All of them was wearing Hogwarts ties or scrafts and it was ok =)

I have also met another boy who went to the studio. I told me that, when he went there, there was a visitor wearing harry potter cosplay and the Harry Potter Tour staff seems really happy to see people dressed in harry potter clothes. (and other visitors were happy too)
So, there are no problem of wearing harry potter clothes or cosplay in Leavesden studio and it's not weird!

(however, in other place like Disneyland, it's forbidden to wear characters cosplay)

BlondieSundae
09-12-2012, 10:34 AM
I think as long as you're not dressing up as their Superhero or Cartoon character mascots you should be fine. I mean they SELL the scarves and robes there so I bet people wear them upon purchase. I mean even if you dress as Harry or another character I really don't think they'll notice since you'll be casual enough. Biggest thing is just don't cause trouble (I know I know... you probably heard this a lot) just stay courteous and polite.