PDA

View Full Version : J-Pop/J-rock Cosplay Masquerade

kirineko
02-17-2004, 10:51 PM
I just wanted to post, because I know there are some Jrock/Jpop cosplayers out there who come to A-kon, but not nearly enough of you show up for the Jpop room's very own cosplay event!

So, this is my personal invitation to all of you.

The event is held Friday afternoon, usually starting at 3pm. This might change as we move closer to the convention, but I doubt it.

It is held in the Jpop room. This year we are in the bar again, but it gives us the opportunity to make use of the little stage area they have.

Anyway, signup will be held from the time the Jpop room opens until 2pm. This isn't as large of an event as the main masquerade, however, there are trophies, and lovely prizes as well!

Rules and more information will be posted on the A-kon page, in the forum there, under Jpop/Jrock thread. Or, if you want, you can contact me at yuuyami@comcast. net

Anyway, I hope to see some of you guys there!

HuongStar
02-18-2004, 04:41 PM
I had so much fun judging the year before last and I'm definitely attending this year. I know a couple of my friends had mentioned entering the contest so at the very least, you'll have two entries. :)

Lulani
02-18-2004, 06:18 PM
I think I'll go :D

vallen
02-18-2004, 09:10 PM
^^ I'll remember this one..

kirineko
02-18-2004, 10:50 PM
I had so much fun judging the year before last and I'm definitely attending this year. I know a couple of my friends had mentioned entering the contest so at the very least, you'll have two entries. :)

I knew I recognized your name. ^_^ I don't think I met you, but I was at A-kon the year before last, and you know some friends of mine, more than likely.

Sadly, all of our judging spots are already full. >> But, hey, there's always next year, and I'm up for rotating the judges.

Scortia
02-18-2004, 11:07 PM
I'll be there this year... last year most everyone was like "Where the hell is the J-pop room?!" Ack, soooo badly marked off last year. A-kon 14 was the con of confusion.

kirineko
02-18-2004, 11:20 PM
I'll be there this year... last year most everyone was like "Where the hell is the J-pop room?!" Ack, soooo badly marked off last year. A-kon 14 was the con of confusion.

AHH. I know. But noone can find the Jpop room. That's paartially our fault, because we DEMANDED to not be in the bar, so we would not get hassled by stupid hotel security. -_- Maybe this year I will draw a MAP. :D

Anyway, it's in the bar again this year. Right by the entrance to the hotel. Go into main entrance. Turn left. Go past registration, keep going, until you see a nice swanky bar on the left, with no smoking signs on the doors.

There we are.

It's a NICE bar. It has a NICE location. And it's non-smoking. So, I am not as unhappy as I could be.

but this is only the location for DAYTIME hours. They are working on finding us a small space for overnight, and that MAY very well be in a crackheaded area of the hotel! But do not worry! I WILL DRAW MAP! :D