PDA

View Full Version : Money...

weirdness
02-18-2004, 02:36 PM
Hi people!! I need a bit of money advice. After paying to get in and somewhere to stay what is a good amount of money to bring for other stuff in yall's (heheh) opinions? :thumbsup: I'm just curious about how much I should have saved up for this con. This year I'll hopefully have enough money to buy some stuff!! Woohoo!!!! :) Thanks!

DDR Faery Spice
02-18-2004, 03:14 PM
oh, ye gods, you ask for a set amount??? Well, to put it bluntly, the sky's the limit! XD Seriously, there's so much stuff to buy, it's not even funny. But if I had to pick a number, I'd say about $30 for foodstuffs(this does not include pocky), another $20 just for pocky(but maybe this is just my addiction talking...^^;)....and approximately $50-100 dollars for other stuff. You don't have to buy things to be happy, in fact, I usually only spend around $50-75 in the dealer's room. But it all depends on the sort of stuff you want. Actual anime is rather expensive, as are j-rock CDs and video game things, but the weapons are usually priced affordably...XD So pretty much, it's all up to what you want and what you can afford. ^^; Sorry if that's not much help...

weirdness
02-18-2004, 03:22 PM
oh, ye gods, you ask for a set amount??? Well, to put it bluntly, the sky's the limit! XD Seriously, there's so much stuff to buy, it's not even funny. But if I had to pick a number, I'd say about $30 for foodstuffs(this does not include pocky), another $20 just for pocky(but maybe this is just my addiction talking...^^;)....and approximately $50-100 dollars for other stuff. You don't have to buy things to be happy, in fact, I usually only spend around $50-75 in the dealer's room. But it all depends on the sort of stuff you want. Actual anime is rather expensive, as are j-rock CDs and video game things, but the weapons are usually priced affordably...XD So pretty much, it's all up to what you want and what you can afford. ^^; Sorry if that's not much help...

Heheh!! Good advice! I probably will not spend a whole lot but the amount you have said sounds good to me! Pocky is good!!!! Thankies!....also, does anyone know average prices at AZ for action figures and ufo catcher dolls (my obsessions) :bigtu:

-=Faust_VIII=-
02-21-2004, 04:39 AM
I think my last ufo doll cost me 10 bucks and it was Sasuke from Naruto and it looked great. I'd expect 10-15 for the ufo dolls.

Shadablade
04-20-2004, 02:15 AM
Egads...i must be waaaay off the recomended range :P. I blew over $300 At AZ'03 in the dealers room alone.......add to that hotel room, gas, food, misc.....no wonder im behind on bills..... :bigtu:

Kas
04-20-2004, 06:58 PM
yea I've spent about $400 at AZ before just from room, food, buying a whole bunch of stuff in the dealer room and the art auction. So you can kill alot of money at a con in general.. Just forwarn, there is no fast food joints near the hotel except there is a couple about a mile down the road, so if you aren't around here and don't have a car you have to eat at the resturante in the hotel and it's alittle bit expensive there.

SakeNinja2
04-20-2004, 09:19 PM
Plus I have to budget at least $125 for alcohol. But I bet we will still have to make a run Saturday afternoon.

quadrain61
04-20-2004, 09:31 PM
If your done with admission and room bring about as much so you won't blow your bank account ($100-$300) and never carry more than $20 in your pocket at a time unless you exactly know what you want.

SakeNinja2
04-21-2004, 09:53 AM
and never carry more than $20 in your pocket at a time unless you exactly know what you want.

TRUE DAT! I think dealers LOVE drunk con goers, because you'll be like me and be back at your room saying "Where did all this cool anime stuff come from?" and then Sunday afternoon "What happened to that 300 dollars I had?!?!"

GreatSG
04-21-2004, 12:47 PM
First time I went to Animazement in 200: Had 160 dollars, spent all but 10

Last year I took 300 dollars, and ended up owing my brother 15 dollars from over spending... Which I DO NOT RECCOMEND trying.

So how did that happen? Spendings...

22 character pins
12 pack of Vanilla coke
11th GTO volume
5 Gundam model kits of various size
4 Manga volumes
3 Keychains
2 T-shirts
1 Wallscroll
Wooden Bokuton
Zenigata puppet
Mobile Suit Gundam patch
and an awful DVD I won from Animeigo

Atleast that's what I remember buying...

As for con advice.
1: Don't waste money on things you can buy in a regular store unless it's a good deal!
2: Don't waste money on that awful cardboard tasting synthetic chocalate crap ccalled Pocky, plenty of people give out the awful stuff. Buy real food instead.
3: If it's a Master Grade Kampfer modelkit and it's under 40 dollars. GET IT! :bigtu:

DDR Faery Spice
04-21-2004, 04:03 PM
How dare you insult the wonderfulness that is pocky!...well, yeah, some of it does taste like cardboard...but the strawberry mousse pocky is a force to be reckoned with!!!! The DDR Faery gives glomps for pocky.^^*is a pocky addict* Seriously, if you get the right kind, it's awesome. But yeah...I don't think I'm gonna be doing much shopping this year...I'll have maybe $20 bucks extra. Other than that, I'm throwing myself on the mercy of the Ninjas. You guys ARE still getting my ticket, right? ;_;

quadrain61
04-21-2004, 09:02 PM
[off topic] Pocky????? well I have to agree with Faery on this one. You just got to have just one box @ every convention. I don't usually buy the chocolate one or strawberry, but I'd kill for "Café au Lait" pocky (http://quadrain.classycutssalon.com/Random/page27.htm) (in the pic the strawberry was given to me)[/off topic]

Well just have enough money, not too much not too little (already said)

GreatSG
04-21-2004, 09:56 PM
Sorry, you do NOT need Pocky at cons, I survive just fine on real sweets, like Vanillia Coke and Resses candy. Pocky just tastes nasty, and most people eat only cuase it's 'from' Japan. The stuff's made in Chicago by the way, tried some varieties of the stuff last year, didn't like any of them. And Yan Yan is much better anyway. :)

Although one of my room mates is the infamous '02-'03 East Coast Pocky Grandier, Go Takerada. Whether he's bringing any to AZ or not, I have no clue, but god I hope not... I've crammed my room with five people. x.x

SakeNinja2
04-21-2004, 11:54 PM
You guys ARE still getting my ticket, right? ;_;
Yes the Save the Cougar Foundation is hard at work :bigtu:

DDR Faery Spice
04-23-2004, 04:13 PM
I don't care what anyone says, I'll love pocky forever--and not just because it's from Japan. XP

ZiggyB
04-23-2004, 04:45 PM
Ok... I think this thread has gotten way off topic, so it's going to be closed.

Remember, this is the Animazement forum, let's keep the threads on topic ok?