PDA

View Full Version : Ideas on Earth-bending?

lovesexnpocky
09-18-2012, 10:24 PM
So I am going to a con in November and I am cosplaying Bolin and Mako from LOK. I have a plan for fake Fire-bending but... Anyone have ideas on how I could do some Earth-bending? I REALLY don't like my friends idea of throwing rocks at people LOL But seriously... Chiffon is way to dainty to pull off Earth. Fire and Water, YES. Ideas? :D

Kesra
09-19-2012, 08:52 PM
How about one of those stone tokens from the Pro Bending suspended between your hands by fishing line?

In fact, you could make a couple out of styrofoam and attach them to your hands with that clear elastic.

tereshkova2001
09-20-2012, 04:03 PM
Check out the con location and see if there are any big rocks in the landscaping, or stone walls or half-walls. You could hang out near there and pose for photos like you just earthbent the walls into place.

I also really like the suggestion of making the pro-bending coins. They're small and easy to carry around, unlike Toph's earth tent.

Yavarice
09-24-2012, 04:06 AM
I ran into a Dai Lee cosplayer this year who juggled for me =D

lovesexnpocky
09-24-2012, 10:45 PM
How about one of those stone tokens from the Pro Bending suspended between your hands by fishing line?

In fact, you could make a couple out of styrofoam and attach them to your hands with that clear elastic.

Bless your nose my dear I didn't even think about that! Thanks so much! THAT I can do~

lovesexnpocky
09-24-2012, 10:46 PM
Check out the con location and see if there are any big rocks in the landscaping, or stone walls or half-walls. You could hang out near there and pose for photos like you just earthbent the walls into place.

I also really like the suggestion of making the pro-bending coins. They're small and easy to carry around, unlike Toph's earth tent.

There isn't so much for rocks at the convention center, TRUST ME hahaha there is a fantastic fountain for water-bending SO! :3 but I will double check and see if I can use anything to my advantage! Thanks for the tip! :D

lovesexnpocky
09-24-2012, 10:47 PM
I ran into a Dai Lee cosplayer this year who juggled for me =D

THAT WOULD BE SO COOL... But I am not that coordinated! ;_;

Chryso
03-30-2013, 10:03 PM
I got some big blocks of foam, glued them together, spray painted it grey/brown, and attached it to nylon strings. I could swing it, and when outstretched it looked like it was hovering. http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2011/105/8/2/today_is_the_day____by_os_cordis-d3e1d3x.jpg

Simetra
04-01-2013, 10:54 PM
I was considering painted beach balls for our Toph to kick around...

Chryso
04-02-2013, 07:04 AM
Nice idea, you could glue foam and dirt to it to make it a little more uneven? We had a painted beach ball for Aang to kick around ;)
http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/223/3/e/the_last_airbender_by_os_cordis-d4669r2.jpg