PDA

View Full Version : Do you think cosplayers mind if...

videogirlc
11-11-2002, 05:25 PM
I'm doing a figure painting assignment for my class, of a figure in an enviroment and we have to work from photo. I thought it would be fun to pick out a photo from conventions and I found 2 that I really liked. One is of a friend and the other is of a random cosplayer. I'm just wondering if other cosplayers mind if they are being used as a model for paintings without their knowledge.

Cassandra
11-11-2002, 05:33 PM
I think it would depend on what kind of usage the painting would get. Like if it's just a class assignment that will only be used for class, I doubt anyone would mind (much less know). But if you're going to post it on a website or something, you should try to get permission from the person....

aeva
11-11-2002, 06:39 PM
I agree with Cassandra. It's just a school project- it's not like you're making money off of it or something. If that were the case, then I think the cosplayer would DEFAINTELY mind if they found out that they were being used without their knowledge for profit.

Tea-chan
11-11-2002, 07:50 PM
I agree. Are you just swiping poses from the photos, or are you doing them as a whole?

khamryn
11-12-2002, 01:03 AM
::doesn't have anything new to say, just agrees:: i almost typed afrees @@ lol

Rosiel
11-12-2002, 09:05 AM
I think you should at least try to find the cosplayer before doing this... post the picture, maybe someone knows him/her.

The thing is, if you're just using the pose, I see no problem, if you're using the person as a model and reproducing him/her, I wouldn't do it without permission especially if it's going to be shown anywhere public.

videogirlc
11-13-2002, 05:09 AM
Good advice thanks.