PDA

View Full Version : Maseraid at Mega con.

Sun _litSam
02-18-2004, 07:28 PM
Hi I am not usually one to complain but did any one else hear that Anime Sushei is not going to hold the maseraid angen this year. the only thing there going to do is costume contest how Boring is that.

makio
02-19-2004, 02:35 AM
I keep hearing sketchy reports about them withholding a masquerade/cosplay skit contest... but if I recall correctly, the cosplay turnout(in opposition to just costume judging)wasn't very high. :\

They still have 15 days or so... don't be surprised if that changes.

katrinastrife
02-19-2004, 09:15 AM
Hi I am not usually one to complain but did any one else hear that Anime Sushei is not going to hold the maseraid angen this year. the only thing there going to do is costume contest how Boring is that.

Last I heard, the costume contest is still most definitely on. They've never really had a skit contest, not since last year. Really, I think it's because there are usually a lot of entrants, they've got limited time, and since the new "trend" with cons (at Florida conventions, I've noticed) is to have a seperate Cos-play and Costume contests, they're probably focusing on the aspect they feel is easier to judge and keep under control--costumes. It usually takes them almost an hour to judge, and people usually end up going home and everything. However, if they do a costume contest, they can pre-judge and actually get some use out of if (from the rules I've heard, the contest is going to run like JACON did--contest, winners, no downtime). They're not discouraging skits persay--you can still get up on stage and do whatever, but you've only got a minute. You're just not about to get judged on it. Here's a link to the latest info on the costume contest.

http://animesushi.com/print.php?sid=37

Quick disclaimer--I'm not in Anime Sushi, so I'm just expressing opinion here. If you want an answer from them, you might want to just go over to their forums and ask.

Sun _litSam
02-21-2004, 12:09 AM
[QUOTE=katrinastrife]Last I heard, the costume contest is still most definitely on. They've never really had a skit contest, not since last year. .....[Quote]

Thanks I'll look it up It's just that I was at Mega con. last year And The had A Costume contest. If any one else hears any thing post hear please.

Susumari
03-14-2004, 12:37 AM
hmm..i didn't kno anything about it. i wanna kno what it's about

Sun _litSam
03-14-2004, 02:30 PM
Hi the maseraid was not canciled after all it was just shortened to 1 Min. I guesse this is a little late becouse Mega con was last weekend

* The Masquraid is when you go up on stage and act like your Charicter your Dressed up as or do poses for Pictures.* thanks Bye

Susumari
03-14-2004, 04:10 PM
ooh, masquraid...i've only done cosplaying