PDA

View Full Version : 8-Bit Theatre ideas

black_mage
02-19-2004, 10:12 PM
I'm kind of tossing up a couple ideas about the skit we're going to do.

One idea is "day in the lives of the light warriors" and make something original

-or-

Greatest moments of 8-bit which is, of course, the greatest parts of the comics.

Which do you think I should do, or what are your ideas?

Scortia
02-19-2004, 11:23 PM
Greatest parts of the comics would rock... me and my friends have thrown around doing a similar thing with a honestarrunner.com video being performed in real life... it just makes it funny on a new level... it'd be funny if when you spoke you randomly hopped... even if you're on one foot for your pose. I'm going by the flash versions of 8-bit theater though. ;p

Eleryth
02-20-2004, 12:33 AM
Can you make the 8-bit thing work for people who have not seen it/read it/whatever you do to it? If you can, that's good. But if it's all inside jokes, I would go with the original idea. Some of us don't know what these things are, and it's better to have the audience understand your skit. Unless it's supposed to make abosolutely no sense whatsoever, of course. :)

black_mage
02-20-2004, 07:44 AM
Well, I definitly want to throw in the whole "Welcome to Corneria" "I like swords" thing, but I may just do a mix of the two ideas. We're going to have Garland come in at some random point and say some random "evil" line about cookies then hold up a plate in triumph.

Eleryth
02-20-2004, 09:54 AM
Is that all 8-bit reference stuff? because to me, that makes no sense whatsoever. Haven't seen it, myself.

The evil line about cookies reminds me of something someone said on a writers forum last year: "come to the dark side.... we have cookies." >D

Genki Chan
02-20-2004, 02:41 PM
One of the cool things about the actual comic is that you didn't need to play FF to get it. One of the cool this about your skit should be that you don't need to have read to comic to get it. that'll carry over if you do an original skit- but remember! there's that pesky time limit.

...Thief rocks, by the way.

black_mage
02-20-2004, 03:16 PM
Our thief is an apathetic bastard, he's perfect.

And Genki Chan, I believe I shall carry that over and come up with an original skit.

Icequeenkitty
02-24-2004, 10:02 PM
Oh please do this and send me pics of Garland and his cookies! >^,.^< I also confess to wanting to do an 8-bit skit I contemplated writing an original skit. The only problem with that is being intimidated by trying to match Clevenger's text (I know i spelt it wrong ^^; ). I wish you the best of luck!

Xanthe Kelsylva
04-11-2004, 08:54 PM
Is that all 8-bit reference stuff? because to me, that makes no sense whatsoever. Haven't seen it, myself.

The evil line about cookies reminds me of something someone said on a writers forum last year: "come to the dark side.... we have cookies." >D

Oh. My. Gods. You're part of National Novel Writing Month, aren't you? I'm a Nano-er too!!! And I write novels at other random times too!