PDA

View Full Version : How to record

Akiko Ki
02-20-2004, 04:29 PM
ok I have a question that has been bothering me since I want to do a skit and record the voices for it I want to know what I should buy in order to do this if any one knows it would be great help. Please please I need to know :p

Miaka No Baka
02-20-2004, 04:39 PM
The best program I've found is cool edit pro. You can download a trial version of it which only allows like a min max of mixing and what not but if you upgrade to the paid version it's a god send. My monitor has a built in microphone so I just say the lines into that. You'll need a microphone hooked up to your computer. You can use window's sound recorder (installed on every windows system by default) to record the lines. I recommend recording each line into its own separate file cause when you go to mix them together it's WAY WAY easier this way. If you're having music in the background you can upload it into cool edit and lower the volume of it then paste in the dialogue files in order at full volume and it'll be fine. Just make sure when you record make sure no background noises are there cause the microphone will most likely pick them up. speak clearly and semi loud (not shouting unless your line calls for shouting) and don't hold the mic too close to your mouth otherwise you'll get that bad sounding clip. I always don't quite use the first try I record cause sometimes you can make it sound better or more convincing.

Miaka no Baka

EKYO
02-20-2004, 05:33 PM
www.goldwave.com is a good program for recording and you can mix lines and BGM/SFX together with it. And it's a good idea to get a microphone. :B

Eccoglyph
02-23-2004, 04:06 PM
I'll add a vote for cooledit pro - my group does all of our audio using that awesome program. And we record voices using Windows sound recorder and a good external microphone.