PDA

View Full Version : Benders Beware: An Amon Question

EagleEye
10-09-2012, 09:02 PM
Greetings, my brothers and sisters. I'm trying to cosplay Amon. I have an idea of how to do just about every piece except one: I'm not sure what would be a good way to imitate his boots. Here's a reference pic: http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-vI2GBJr8iq8/T9obY5oyzcI/AAAAAAAAAqw/RxtMM3jhfh4/s1600/Amon.png. Now, one thing I've seen uses plastic for the part from the knee to the ankle (which wouldn't be much of a problem, 'cause I was going to try 3-D printing for some of this anyway) and some sort of grey foot covering (tights, socks, I don't really know) and had what looked like sandals which were little more than a couple millimeters in thickness. It looked pretty good, but I don't think it would be terribly comfortable to walk around a convention in such things. Any ideas?

voiceofwonder
10-12-2012, 12:00 PM
My friend made leather spats and wore them over gray shoes. Granted, it wasn't perfect (it was his first cosplay), but they were comfortable, looked great, and I'd bet that if a more experienced cosplayer tried to execute the idea it could be even better!

EagleEye
10-12-2012, 04:12 PM
Making something to go over the shoes sounds like a good idea. Do you know what kind?

EagleEye
10-12-2012, 04:13 PM
The kind he used, I mean. (Why can't I edit my posts that's stupid.)

voiceofwonder
10-12-2012, 04:43 PM
By "kind" I'm assuming you mean the kind of material, and not the shoes, right? I know the shoes were just TOMS. I just now texted him to find out the kind of material. I know it's leather-ish, but I honestly know nothing about leather or pleather so I'll post again when he responds to me. In the meantime, here's a picture of his costume, maybe it'll help somehow. http://lerickson.smugmug.com/Groups/Senshi-Con-2012/i-7TFXcrX/0/X3/Senshi-Con-229-X3.jpg

Best of luck!

EagleEye
10-12-2012, 05:44 PM
I actually was talking about the shoes. Those ones look fine enough for my purposes, I think. I think with this most of my planning is done. Thanks a bunch.

voiceofwonder
10-12-2012, 05:53 PM
Oh, okay! Glad I could help. :)