PDA

View Full Version : USPS First class shipping

bonus41
10-12-2012, 11:52 AM
i recently bought a cosplay head off of ebay, the seller is in the states and shipped it through USPS First class international. (i live in Ontario Canada) I have had stuff shipped from the USA before but it was always shipped through "priority mail" which always took 2-3 weeks. I tried googleing but i got mixed reviews on it. Does anyone have expirence with USPS First class? i really want my head to get here, but I don't think itll be here by Halloween

Mykaios
10-12-2012, 07:24 PM
First class mail is under priority, which takes the longest. Also, if an item is being sent outside of the US, via first class, a tracking number is not provided as usps only offers international tracking on priority and express international. Priority claims to take 6-10 days but customs check and what not are not factored into that time period. So, chances are you'll be waiting a bit longer since it was sent first class.

Chao-Fangirl
10-13-2012, 07:41 PM
I have had mixed experiences with both shipping methods. There have been a few cases where something I sent through first class international reached its destination within a week, while something I sent through priority mail international took 2-3 weeks. My best guess is that the latter got stuck in customs.

There have been other times when I sent something through first class international, and it took two months to reach its destination. This brings me to the conclusion that it depends on what shipping method you use, where you are sending the item, and what time of year you are sending it.

FianlXCon
10-14-2012, 09:01 PM
it might be the holiday, so your package was delayed. I've the same experience, the reason I 've got is rush period of the holiday, all the packages are unmoved.

bonus41
10-24-2012, 06:14 PM
actully it was pretty fast :o recived the item yesterday when it was shipped on the 11th

Oniigiri_Basket
10-24-2012, 08:54 PM
I sent something via first class and it got to its destination in a day.

Weird.