PDA

View Full Version : Mello cosplay help?

KameriUchuujin
10-12-2012, 05:28 PM
Hello, everyone!

I'm planning on cosplaying Mello, but I need some help. First, where can I find a good Mello vest? And does it have to be zippered, or would buttons be ok? And for his pants, what did you guys use?

Any other tips you guys have for a Mello cosplay are greatly appriciated!

Thank you,
::Kameri

mattxbeyond
10-18-2012, 09:49 PM
1)i suggest going to a biker store for the vest
2) zippered
3)and for the pants (if u can sew) get some leather and she string would probablly work (fOR BEST MELLO EFFECT USE SHINY LEATHER) i'm also making my mello's outfit good luck with yours

Hyura
10-26-2012, 04:14 PM
My boyfriend recently cosplayed Mello (you can see it here: Mello cosplay (http://felixlikescartoons.deviantart.com/gallery/?offset=24#/d5hmy48)) and he had trouble finding a vest, so he made his from scratch. You can find or make your own pattern and purchase the material you want, and just sew.

If that is too advanced though it's fine to just buy one ! I would try ebay searches such as "black leather vest", "black pleather vest", or even just black vest if you don't care about material. I think zippered looks much better than buttoned. Also check thrift stores !

As for the pants, for my old Mello cosplay, I just used some lightweight pleather pants I found on ebay. They were $25 and very breathable ! My boyfriend wanted to use real leather though, so he did a google search and found a specialty leather shop. Once again ebay and thrift stores are a good place to look.

Good luck !