PDA

View Full Version : Doctor Who Photo Shoot

Buddycat
10-16-2012, 10:40 PM
In case you're interested, I'm working on a DW costume photo shoot at Archon, in St. Louis, MO, next year, October 5, 2013. From my Facebook Event page:

An informal gathering of fans to show off their costumes and have them photographed similar to how it is done at DragonCon. It will take place outside, in the back of the Gateway Convention Center's parking lot. Come and celebrate this major anniversary with fellow fans. Details, info, factoids and more will roll out over the next year.

No real details yet, but since it's coming up on 50 years of the Doctor, we need to celebrate!

supergeekgirl
02-11-2013, 12:13 PM
I'm going! Also, can you post the facebook link here? Then people can find it easier.

Buddycat
02-19-2013, 08:35 PM
Here ya go.

https://www.facebook.com/#!/events/365734436841547/?fref=ts

supergeekgirl
03-13-2013, 10:34 AM
Just replying to boost this up a bit.

I wonder what costumes we'll get for the shoot? Although my Ten has become rather popular in St. Louis, I think I'm going to go with obscure and be Jamie McCrimmon at the shoot. The kilt is almost done! It was a little harder than I expected it to be when I started. I didn't take any shortcuts with sewing the pleats in place, so that's probably why it's not as easy as everyone said it was. Also, there are 32 pleats in it not counting the deep pleats at the hips!

I've had a time finding fabric for the Second Doctor, though. His coat has a slight woven stripe to it, about 1/8-1/4" wide and very subtle. Mikhail wants it to be accurate, so he doesn't just want to go with twill. We found a great fabric at Hancock, but they only had a yard and claimed it was impossible to order more.

I've also tried Jackman's and JoAnn. Any thoughts?