PDA

View Full Version : Xenogears Cosplay

psythe
11-12-2002, 08:17 AM
Not for myself, but I am a huge fan of Xenogears and the character design therein. Elly/Miang, Billy, Citan and any of the 4 elements, just ROCK!

Has anyone seen any Xenogears cosplay at a con?

makio
11-12-2002, 09:59 AM
I've only seen Billy at Nekocon...and I think Celine's cosplayed him too. I've got a Fei costume, but the belt around his waist is in need of repair, so I never bothered wearing it.

Recca-kun
11-12-2002, 10:05 AM
As far as cosplay skits go I think there have been a few walk-ons but I'm not sure if they were skits or no (I remember seeing pictures of a Fei in Otakon '99 cosplay).

if you mean hall costumes I know people that normally cosplay Citan and Emeralda; there used to be a Fei who I think made the foam Weltall at Otakon last year; there was a whole group of Xeno people at last year's Otakon (I think A-kon had a group too? I wasn't there); and there are usually a few people that dress as Fei, Elly, Citan, or Billy. ;)

I'm always looking for people interested in a Xenogears group at Otakon 2003 - I plan on finally completing Bart and hopefully I'll work out and get a tan to look the part *laughs*. So yeah, a Xeno group would be awesome. :bigtu:

Celine
11-12-2002, 11:30 AM
Yep, there's been a good amount of Xenogears cosplay. Having never played the game, I didn't recognize the costumes until last fall when my friends decided that we needed to do a group from it. My crappy costume. (http://meteo.rydia.net/cosplay/billy.html) We wore ours at Akon this year. There was a big Xenogears group at Otakon this year! Otakon group (http://meteo.rydia.net/cosplay/Otakon/Xenogears.JPG) ^_^ And, I saw a Fei in the AX masquerade this year. I think I've seen the most Citans, actually... ^^ Nekocon was the first con I've been to in over a year where I haven't seen at least one. Lostboy (I think is his name) did an excellent Bart.

I don't mind the designs from Xenogears. Seriously, the only reason I did Billy was because I liked the way he looked. He's soooooo cute and has a giant bow on his jacket! ^_^ If there's gonna be a group at Otakon next year, I would totally wear my costume again (and maybe add the designs to the boots).

Recca-kun
11-12-2002, 11:50 AM
Yay! *grins* I have pictures of people that I'll post online eventually (really!)... there actually was one Billy that I saw at Nekocon and got their picture, but they said that they usually just go to Neko... :(

Do you have a copy of the game? If not I may be able to mail mine or find one for cheap online - plugging Xeno is my specialty. ;)

psythe
11-12-2002, 12:27 PM
Whoo! Cool Billy Celine!! ^^;

Celine
11-12-2002, 01:37 PM
Thanks, psyth! ^_^

Recca- I don't have the game. I tried watching someone play it and fell asleep... It's just not my sort of game. ^^;;; I already know a bit of the plot since my friends who I cosplayed with are really into that game and told me about it. But seriously, if you're doing something for Otakon next year, that'd be awesome!

soshi
11-12-2002, 04:17 PM
I've always wanted to cosplay Bartholomei or Billy, but, with my to-do list as is, it's just not happening -_-;;;

TyJILDown
11-12-2002, 06:29 PM
I would love to do Bart...I really might consider it...

Setsuki-chan
11-13-2002, 12:05 AM
Xenogears is one of my favorite RPGs. Hehe. Certainly didn't get the publicity it deserved. At first I didn't like it much, but then I got into it, and couldn't stop. =P Xenogears cosplay would ROCK. I am fond of Elly & Miang, myself. If I can scrape up some money this year, I really would like to make myself Miang's uniform. Mmmmm.

There hasn't been much Xenogears cosplay... There should be more! There is one GREAT group who has a picture here on Cosplay.com. If you just go to the "Members Photos" section and type in -Xenogears-, you'll find it, I think.

Emeralda
11-13-2002, 01:27 AM
*stumbles in and squishes Recca* You plan on finishing that Bart any time soon, or do I have to come down there and make you?! Ohohohooo!

Err.. I'll stop now.

But as the name implies, I have an Emeralda costume, uber ghetto and in need of revamping. Right after my Mary costume.. and before Cornet. UGH!

Alaria
11-13-2002, 05:47 AM
I would love to do Xenogears, but I'd rather not do a character that's overdone, and I don't have enough experience in cons to know which Xenogear outfits are done alot. What would u guys suggest?

psythe
11-13-2002, 07:08 AM
I would reccomend any of the 4 Elements. Dominia, Kelvena, Seraphitia, or Tolone. They have really great costumes and I have never seen pics of any of them. Ramsus, and even perhaps Krelian would be good as well. ^^v

I also have the Perfect Works artbook if anyone needs reference material for Xeno costumes, it has great images.

Alaria
11-13-2002, 04:22 PM
ororo, does it have the pics of the aforementioned characters?

psythe
11-13-2002, 04:25 PM
That it does, I will scan some in and set up a mini page for you to check out the costumes.

Alaria
11-13-2002, 04:33 PM
wow, thanks so much psyth!!

Recca-kun
11-13-2002, 05:14 PM
Perfect Works is my sacred tome, it has everything - 300+ pages. :D

And yes I'm still kicking myself for not having Midorikawa sign it at O2k1. :sulk:

makio
11-13-2002, 06:39 PM
Must...find...Perfect Works... :d

psythe
11-13-2002, 07:59 PM
Hey Makio! Fellow O-Towner... :thumbsup:

Usually can find a perfect works for 50-75 bucks now on eBay, at least thats what I saw last time, not the ridiculous costs of 150 on up they used to be going for.

Emeralda
11-13-2002, 08:04 PM
Kinokineya (eeerr.. spelling) has them usually.. at least the one in New Jersey does. They run abour 55-60 dollars, depending on the conversion rates at the time.

Celine
11-13-2002, 09:30 PM
You can get Perfect Works from http://www.sasugabooks.com/ for $49. ^^

makio
11-13-2002, 10:12 PM
There's like...two shops in all of Central Florida that sell import stuff, and neither have it. :\ No Kino-something or other here (though I've heard of it). So I guess online is the way...
-checks out Celine's link-

Setsuki-chan
11-13-2002, 10:13 PM
Emerelda, is the store you're thinking about called "Kinokuniya" or something? I've been to a store like that in San Fransisco, and they had TONS of stuff.

$49?! This rocks. Thanks, Celine! XD

Sami
11-13-2002, 10:22 PM
Aa, now I'm compelled to at least think about a Xenogears costume. :) Miang was cool.. ahh.. *wanders off to look at reference pics*

psythe
11-14-2002, 07:01 AM
*debates Carlin Ramsus costume*

Nice link Celine. :thumbsup:

Sami
11-14-2002, 11:12 AM
AHH, Sasuga Books! ^____^ I love that store.. I'll have to visit them again when I go home for Thanksgiving. <3 <3

Now I want to play Xenogears again. Miang's hair is cute! AAHHH!! *combusts*

Recca-kun
11-14-2002, 02:10 PM
After I finish playing Skies of Arcadia ( ^_^;; ) and replaying Star Ocean 2 I'll be playing Xenogears again as well.

And if anyone needs source material just let me know! :bigtu:

Emeralda
11-14-2002, 07:56 PM
Setsuki: Yeah.. its Kinokuniya, I was just really really tired and just couldn't think of the right spelling.

Celine: Ohhh.. that's the bookstore out of Boston? I love them *_* Wish they had come to AnimeNext this year. Actually I wished more people period had come. I still have to email you, sorry I never said anything after Otakon.. it was pretty rough, and after that we started the big push for AN. Sorry chica.

psyth3: YES! Go around with major attitude! But you gotta grab someone on the list to be your Miang

Hmmn.. since so many people want to do Xenogears costumes, should we tentitively plan a group for a con.. please not Katsu! I'm already freaking with the ammount of costumes I have to do, thankfully only two new ones though. Maybe a warmer con so I don't freeze my ass off in Emeralda. ;_; Made that mistake once at Ohayocon .. BRRRRR!

Recca-kun
11-14-2002, 08:03 PM
Otakon? *runs around and tries to wag an imaginary tail while giving everyone puppy dog eyes* AX might be possible, but I don't know if I'm going there yet. ^^;

Gipsie
11-14-2002, 08:06 PM
Meh, I was Dr. Citan Uzuki, at the last Ani-Magic....but, i dunno if I want to keep that costume, or not. :\

Emeralda
11-14-2002, 08:14 PM
*squishes Recca-kun* Otakon works for me. And we could always do both coasts so we don't leave anyone out. Erkk! Wait, crud. I wanted to do Fanime and not Ax... mmmn.. unless I save tons of money between now and then

psythe
11-14-2002, 10:11 PM
Well....I'm doing Chloe for Katsu-con. I am almost certain I am going to do Carlin Ramsus now, but it will be for AX'03. I have talked with a couple people one of whom alluded maybe doing Dominia or Tolone..... Wouldn't it be a sweet group with Ramsus, Miang, and the 4 Elements(Dominia, Kelvena, Tolone, and Seraphita)

Every single one of those costumes is a LOAD of detail....

Emeralda
11-14-2002, 10:12 PM
Seriously! Damned Solarians and their details!! Curse them!!

Sami
11-14-2002, 10:16 PM
I could possibly do a Miang for Otakon.. I have two costumes planned, but may be able to make it three.

I'll have to look at her outfit in more detail though and see if it's "do-able" or not. ^__^;;;

psythe
11-14-2002, 10:17 PM
No Xeno fans going to AX? :(

Emeralda
11-14-2002, 10:19 PM
psyth3: Recca-kun and I -might- be coming out for that. But its still up in the air I think.

psythe
11-14-2002, 10:24 PM
Cool, keep me posted ^^v

Gipsie
11-15-2002, 04:13 PM
I *Might* be going to AX...but, i dunno, becuz me friend, doesn't want to go becuz AX and Fanime are so close together, and we're gonna be poor in between the times. LOL

But, we'll see how it goes.

SohjiroX
11-15-2002, 04:54 PM
Billy, all out athentic in everyway. I mean it. I got the wing fully done. It looks as though it is my hair. The contacts down and out. I have all the weapons as reps. and even made the shoulder one just right. and got the whole pale skin and make up set... when fanime hits....its a billy's day.

Setsuki-chan
11-17-2002, 01:21 AM
Changed my avatar. It's my hot new MIANG look. =P

Hopefully I'll get around to making the actual costume part.

psythe
11-17-2002, 01:13 PM
*hands purple hair dye to Setsuki-chan*

^^v

Setsuki-chan
11-17-2002, 01:57 PM
Hehe. It's changed back now. =P But the other icon is in my gallery. Careful, there is some shoulder showing. x_x

psythe
11-17-2002, 02:02 PM
Pretty! ^^; I didn't see the wig pic, hence the suggestion for purple hair dye. Gomen.

Luannita12
06-05-2005, 06:50 PM
*yes revived a really old post but it's the one i mostly found with replies, links and pictures*

Heyos! Just wondering if anyone has a full good reference pics of Seraphita. All I got is her face in icon form and recently this picture:
http://xenogears.tautoz.com/characters/Others/seraphita01.jpg

For now gonna use that as the top but will be really helpful finding a full picture of her. Hope someone does cause I'm having hard time with Google. That's all and LATERZ :chatah: