PDA

View Full Version : November Toronto Comic Con?

ParaELLE
10-19-2012, 07:26 PM
So, apparently Hobbystar has a new convention in November on the 25th. It's $8.

http://www.hobbystar.com/upcomingevents/index.html

I'm not sure what to think of it really. I'll probably go if it actually a thing, though I'm wary. I feel like they are trying to suck up for the bull they pulled at DTAC last year :I

Is anyone thinking of going to this? Did anyone even know about it?

sweet_kat22
10-19-2012, 07:36 PM
Hmm didn't know there was a new one, I might go to it if I can't make the Guelph one.

Rainbowgasm
10-19-2012, 07:42 PM
people have been talking about it on Facebook for a long time, it was on the back of the premium passes for FanExpo...
We were going to go to debut Young Justice, but one of our members can't make it so we decided just not to go, we'll be at DTAC on Dec. 9th though...

x-musicfreak-x
10-20-2012, 01:38 AM
I went to the one in 2011. It was basically a couple comic book artists and the dealers were mostly comic oriented too. It was very small.

WARPAINTandUnicorns
10-22-2012, 10:54 AM
It has been the same comic book con every year they're just making it bigger and renaming it. It use to be a free event.

sweet_kat22
10-22-2012, 12:50 PM
Oh weird wonder how come I didnt know about it ? I prob be going to that I doubt Ill have money in time to go to the Genre con.

Lightning Baron
11-03-2012, 10:17 PM
I am going to go. Can't miss a oppertunity to shoot in the Royal york.

Kia
11-04-2012, 09:07 AM
I haven't gone to a mini Hobbystar even in years, but if they're having this one at the Royal York and I can legitimately get pictures in the lobby without fear of being kicked out... I'm working that day, but I might try to find a way to make it. Not really for the con, but for the photos. XD

ZombiiAxelBlitz
11-08-2012, 01:31 PM
I want to go to this, but I don't know what to cosplay. >.>

Merino
11-09-2012, 11:11 AM
Anyone know what the policy on photography will be at the Royal York? I am tempted to attend to get photos but I don't want to get all dressed up if they are going to ask us not to do photoshoots.

sweet_kat22
11-09-2012, 01:37 PM
I took photos in the royal york with my photographer friend before no one said anything, dunno if it was because it was busy though.

Lightning Baron
11-22-2012, 06:39 PM
So It's this weekend. Is everyone ready! ?

WARPAINTandUnicorns
11-23-2012, 10:31 AM
^ I hope you all have a great time. I'm going to a wedding this weekend. lol

Yami Sasha
11-29-2012, 01:44 AM
So i'm rather curious, how did this actually go? I almost hear nothing of it lol

harudae
11-29-2012, 01:58 AM
^ I went to it; honestly, it sucked haha. I wasn't expecting much, but it was literally just a room selling comics and other related merch. Was mostly the type of older fans that FE attracts with little to no cosplayers other than some superheros (mostly Avengers) and Homestucks. Plus the Grey Cup was going on at the same time so there were alot of football fans that were pretty confused (and I've heard rude) about the whole "people in Halloween costumes."

Regret paying to get in (was definitely not worth any money and I could've sneaked in), stayed for less than an hour, but I at least met up with friends that moved away for Uni and got to spend the rest of the day with them haha.