PDA

View Full Version : Ezio AC2 Costume help

Frenzio
10-22-2012, 12:42 AM
Hey everyone,
I'm new to cosplay and I'm going to be making my first costume ever. People say I kind of look like Ezio and I want to make a decent costume for AC3 release, I know it's about a week away now but I do have some time to work on it.

Problem: I'm not sure how/where to start on collecting materials and what to look for.
Also, not too sure where to start.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Libis
10-22-2012, 10:04 AM
You do look kind of like Ezio, but I hope you have a ton of time this week. It took me 6 months (sewing in my spare time around jobs and school) to make Vergil and he's still not done and I feel like that's about the same amount of detail work.

What if you started out with something like this hoodie to save you time, then made the full cosplay for next year? http://img3.etsystatic.com/000/0/5808640/il_fullxfull.342506443.jpg

LittleBlondGoth
10-30-2012, 08:58 PM
My husband made a complete ACII Ezio (http://www.cosplayisland.co.uk/costume/view/46393), and it's taken a year or so to do it, on and off. If you're going to do it properly - and I mean really, OCD kind of properly -then as the poster above has said, you'll need a lot of time to devote to it, as well as a reasonable stash of money to buy the right materials.

He used real leather for things like belts, straps, boot covers, gauntlets and a baldric, but you can always go for a cheaper pleather option if you're strapped for cash. Shirt and trousers can be made from nice and easy polycotton or similar. For the doublet, he used Italian linen, but again there's probably a less expensive fabric out there. You can also buy fancy dress patterns to help with construction of some of these. I think we found a few Simplicity ones that came close, then amended them as necessary.

Frenzio
10-31-2012, 03:30 PM
This is my costume I threw together about an hour before the release. I was looking for different fabrics and premades, but I couldn't find anything I liked so I went closet scavenging and found what is pictured.