PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy Group for Anime Boston

Gothic_Lulu
11-12-2002, 10:57 AM
For anyone that is in (or still wants to join LOL) the group for Anime Boston, lets post our ideas and plans for stuff here...

-Gothic Lulu:devil:

Sami
11-12-2002, 11:02 AM
Yay I'm heeere! LOL :D I have no ideas yet, but I'll be back! Really I will!

It might be a good idea though, to know exactly what character's we're going to have so we can better tailor our skit to them. ^_^

Studmaster
11-12-2002, 11:06 AM
I want to be in this group myself as well, but I'm on the Volenteer Staff for Anime Boston, so I have to ask if it will be okay for me to compete in the Masquerade.

Gothic_Lulu
11-12-2002, 11:07 AM
Yep!

I am sending out messages now....I have to find everyone now...LOL

So everyone please post who you are going to be...that would be super spiffy...

Sami
11-12-2002, 11:14 AM
I can be either Red XIII or KH Squall, whichever would work best.. if you need someone else that's within my realm of "creating" (I could maybe be a Tifa, but with shorter hair, etc.) let me know. ^_^

Gothic_Lulu
11-12-2002, 11:20 AM
Pending what the "Head of Cosplay" lady says, I might have to be KH Squall because they do not want purchased costumes ( I was originally goin to be Lulu but she said there might be a problem so i will do what is best for the group).

Hopefully she will write me back soon...I emailed her awhile ago with the predicted amount of people and telling her that I would be KH Squall if it was a problem (cuz I am making that costume)...

Something Lulu
11-12-2002, 02:11 PM
I've got Lulu and Tifa costumes, and I'm planning to do Lulu from FFX-2 as well.

As for skit ideas, Gothic Lulu and I had talked about a few not too long ago. Let me see if I can remember them lol. One was a clone type thing, because a lot of ppl mentioned having Lulu costumes (think Star Wars: Attack of the Clones). Another was an identity crisis (think "The Real Slim Shady), also because of the Lulus. Or we could do something like those shows they have now, like "The Bachelor" or "Singled Out" or any of those other dating shows. Maybe even the ones like "5th Wheel" or "Change of Heart." lol The main FF ppl could have a change of heart about their significant others or something. ::shrugs:: These are just a few ideas. We also have to take into consideration the amount of people and our time limit.

Also, I have a question out there for anybody who is technologically inclined. Well, not really a question, more of an aspect we need to work on. *Sound*. I'm not sure how Anime Boston is, but a lot of places require you to have voices and stuff pre-recorded. They don't supply mics, and the ones where ppl yell don't really work. And we don't want our recording to sound crappy, so if anyone is good with stuff like that, please speak up.

-Lulu

Alaria
11-12-2002, 04:37 PM
Are there pics for Lulu from FFX-2 out yet???

Gothic_Lulu
11-12-2002, 04:48 PM
"Are there pics for Lulu from FFX-2 out yet???"

-I though they were not out yet...maybe I am wrong....I can't wait to see them though!!

Alaria: Are you going to Anime Boston? That would be so cool if you were

:bouncer: !

Koumori
11-12-2002, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by Something Lulu
*Sound*. I'm not sure how Anime Boston is, but a lot of places require you to have voices and stuff pre-recorded. They don't supply mics, and the ones where ppl yell don't really work. And we don't want our recording to sound crappy, so if anyone is good with stuff like that, please speak up.

I've been in that ballroom many times before - it is HUGE. I'd recommend pre-recording the sound whether they require it or not, because there is no way in hell that you'll be heard speaking from the stage.

Gothic_Lulu
11-12-2002, 05:56 PM
Ack...pre-recording...*cries*

We are really going to have to plan this well.....I looked on the site, but it is not requeired....but from the way it sounds we should.....

TyJILDown
11-12-2002, 06:26 PM
I'm not quite sure, I may be able to do Lulu or Kiros, maybe even my Cloud in his Don Corneo getup ^^;;

I might want to do a walk on for my Sivil costume but if I don't I'll let ya know...

Gothic_Lulu
11-12-2002, 06:31 PM
Cool...anything would be good ^^..

Sami
11-12-2002, 08:17 PM
Ahh, that's right, I was thinking about doing a walk-on for my Nanami costume if it turned out well.. but I won't know that until February, LOL. ^__^ I'll have to take another look at the convention webpage again, and read more about it..

Gothic_Lulu
11-12-2002, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by Sami
Ahh, that's right, I was thinking about doing a walk-on for my Nanami costume if it turned out well.. but I won't know that until February, LOL. ^__^ I'll have to take another look at the convention webpage again, and read more about it..

*falls out of seat* Sami.....;-; *cries*

Well....I hope your Nanami costume comes out well though! I would really like to see it when it is done....Nanami kicks much ass ^^

The masquarade thing is on the second day (saturday) and I believe that if you are in a skit you are like automatically entered in the costume contest (thats why they are giving me a tough time lol) and why I will probably have to enter as my own KH Squall costume ^^ (yay!)

Huzzah! everything will work out though...hahaha...or thats what I am telling myself....

-Gothic Lulu

Something Lulu
11-12-2002, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by Alaria
Are there pics for Lulu from FFX-2 out yet???

I've just seen the silhouette and the FFX-2 logo, but I love cosplaying her so I plan on making it once I see more pictures. Judging by the logo, though, it looks like her outfit is going to be more revealing than the original. (Don't all those white spaces look like skin?) That has me a little worried, but I'll work around it and start exercising now lol.

This is all I have so far:
http://wordsofari.tripod.com/ffx-2-lulu2.jpg

-Lulu

Alaria
11-13-2002, 12:10 AM
lol, I know, I love cosplaying Lulu too, so I'll be making it once I get more pics. I'm so excited about making Chappu's sword, if that's what she is indeed wielding! :) Wow, her shorts/skirt is barely there, and her hair looks shorter, too...its gonna be interesting ^__^ We can help each other out as we go along :)

Alaria
11-13-2002, 12:13 AM
Originally posted by Gothic_Lulu
"Are there pics for Lulu from FFX-2 out yet???"

Alaria: Are you going to Anime Boston? That would be so cool if you were

Ara, I dunno! When is it (cannot find where the convention schedule thread went) ??? Perhaps I can, and if so, I'd love to join u :) If you're doing Lulu, I can do Edea, or Tifa in her Wallmarket outfit or Celes if I have them done by then

TyJILDown
11-13-2002, 03:09 AM
Hmm it looks like she has buckle straps on her legs but I can't be sure...I'm SOO up for cosplaying her new outfit...atleast this one will be easier to walk in! By time pictures more come out, I'll have some practice with woodwork.

I think I may be able to reuse my corset and fur for her new outfit as well...I hope I get to reuse my hairsticks *cries*

EDIT: I finally did my own research in trying to find more info on the FFX-2 Lulu and as for that screen shot Squaresoft is SWEARING that isn't Lulu and many sites are putting this down. As taken from IGN "First off it is confirmed that the three main character are Yuna, Rikku, and an un identified NEW FF girl. Square says she does resemble Lulu, but it's not her."

Alaria
11-13-2002, 04:54 AM
ok, if its not Lulu, what the heck is she doing with a sword that looks remarkably like Chappu's sword!

Gothic_Lulu
11-13-2002, 05:40 AM
Ara, I dunno! When is it (cannot find where the convention schedule thread went) ??? Perhaps I can, and if so, I'd love to join u :) If you're doing Lulu, I can do Edea, or Tifa in her Wallmarket outfit or Celes if I have them done by then

It is going to be in April. Here is the conventions website if it is any help:

www.animeboston.com

That would be so cool is you could join us ^^

Alaria
11-13-2002, 05:51 AM
ohh, I'll hafta check if it falls on my spring vacation! ....and if its after the MCAT...but if it is, heck yeah!
...have u guys started figuring out rooming situations?

Something Lulu
11-13-2002, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by TyJILDown

As taken from IGN "First off it is confirmed that the three main character are Yuna, Rikku, and an un identified NEW FF girl. Square says she does resemble Lulu, but it's not her."

Why would they make someone that resembles Lulu so much? Geez, what is this? First they neglect her in KH, and now this? lol I actually heard from a friend (when he found out I wanted to cosplay the new "Lulu") that in FFX-2 she's pregnant with Wakka's baby?!?! I have no idea where he heard it from, and he's at school now so I can't ask. I guess we'll just have to wait for more information and more pictures, and in the meantime pray that deep down, it really is Lulu. lol

Good point Alaria! Anime Boston falls during my spring break (and on Easter weekend) and I have a friend in MA who I was planning to stay with. She pointed out though that the traffic from where she lives to Boston might make it hard to get there, and we probably don't want to wake up that early anyway. That leaves crashing with someone she knows or getting a hotel. Has anyone else figured out their plans yet?

-Something...Lulu

Gothic_Lulu
11-13-2002, 11:54 AM
haha

replying at school...

Since I live near the con I was going to take the train there...or i might get a room at the hotel...but it all depends on money.....I would not mind sharing but since I am like only 15....my mom might not feel to good about it...lol...that sounds so cheesy....but we still have a lot of time to decide....she might let me but it would be hard to explain to her.....

Alaria
11-13-2002, 03:42 PM
yesh, I certainly hope it is Lulu!
Gothic_Lulu , I understand your mom's concern; its never easy for parents to trust their children's internet friendships, and I don't blame them. Maybe if we submitted to her some forms of identifaction, she'd feel better?

Gothic_Lulu
11-13-2002, 03:52 PM
yesh, I certainly hope it is Lulu!
Gothic_Lulu , I understand your mom's concern; its never easy for parents to trust their children's internet friendships, and I don't blame them. Maybe if we submitted to her some forms of identifaction, she'd feel better?

Hmmmm...maybe! It is worth a try at least ^^! I would really like to get a room if I go.....it would be a lot more convient...or at least I think so....I jus think that it would be pretty hard to convince her.....*thinks*....I trust you all though

anyway...I found a article on the whole Final Fantasy X-2 Lulu thing......

http://www.rpgamer.com/news/Q4-2002/102302b.html

Sami
11-13-2002, 03:54 PM
*after mass amounts of thinking*

Ahh screw the walkon, the skit sounds much more fun. ^_^ (Although I'm sort of iffy about pre-recording my voice; I hate the way I sound on tape and on answering machines!) Besides, it's a good excuse to make feet for my Red XIII costume. :)

Alaria
11-13-2002, 03:56 PM
Sami, a Red XIII costume is going to be so cute! I can't wait to see!!

Gothic_Lulu
11-13-2002, 04:06 PM
*after mass amounts of thinking*

Ahh screw the walkon, the skit sounds much more fun. ^_^ (Although I'm sort of iffy about pre-recording my voice; I hate the way I sound on tape and on answering machines!) Besides, it's a good excuse to make feet for my Red XIII costume. :)

YAY!! Voice recording will be a bit tricky but at least we won't be able to forget our lines ^^...

Sami
11-13-2002, 04:13 PM
> Sami, a Red XIII costume is going to be so cute! I can't wait to see!!

Thank you! ^__^ I actually already made it, and wore it (albeit briefly) at Anime Expo NY. You can see a photo of it in my gallery, I honestly don't have any better ones without me looking like a goober. ^^;

I do want to spruce it up a LOT; there's a few things that are sort of chinsy and not very well done.. we'll see!

> YAY!! Voice recording will be a bit tricky but at least we won't be able to forget our lines ^^...

LOL very true! Especially for a first skit (for myself at least!), it's just one less thing to worry about! :D

TyJILDown
11-13-2002, 07:40 PM
I have no clue who I'm gonna room with but I'm going regardless. My mom will pay for my train ticket as part of my b-day gift since it's right around the same time.

And whoever this character is...that design looks pretty cool just from the shadows...but it does look A LOT like Lulu...I mean I think she's also wearing a fur wrap O_O

Alaria
11-13-2002, 07:43 PM
And belts, And something that looks like Chappu's sword...hmm, mebbe Lulu has an unknown sibling?

Something Lulu
11-13-2002, 09:07 PM
It would be cool if she were related to Lulu. I hope they don't make her completely unrelated, since the "pictures" resemble her.

If we could get a hotel situation set up early on that would be cool, cuz it would give me a monetary goal to reach for. As for getting to MA, my friend might pick me up, or I'll take the train. If anyone else from NY is going maybe we could work something out with that.

Gothic_Lulu
11-13-2002, 09:10 PM
It would be cool if she were related to Lulu. I hope they don't make her completely unrelated, since the "pictures" resemble her.

If we could get a hotel situation set up early on that would be cool, cuz it would give me a monetary goal to reach for. As for getting to MA, my friend might pick me up, or I'll take the train. If anyone else from NY is going maybe we could work something out with that.

Hmmmm....we should arrange things as soon as possible so we can get a room in the hotel....especially while there is a special rate ^^

Studmaster
11-13-2002, 09:55 PM
I just got word. I can be in the Masqurade as long as my shift is done, and I don't wear the same costume I was volenteering in.

So in that case....I'll be your Generic Over the Counter Knight from Final Fantasy Tatics.

TyJILDown
11-13-2002, 09:59 PM
I'm in NY as well, I'm on dreaded Long Island so I would love to be able to travel with others ^^

Something Lulu
11-13-2002, 11:05 PM
I'm in NY as well, I'm on dreaded Long Island so I would love to be able to travel with others ^^

Cool! Maybe we could work something out. Do you think you'd be going out of Penn Station? That's probably where I'd leave from if I take the train.

Studmaster
11-13-2002, 11:43 PM
Cool! Maybe we could work something out. Do you think you'd be going out of Penn Station? That's probably where I'd leave from if I take the train.

How much is the train to Boston though. Because I would travel with you too, but I may need to get there Thursday Afternoon.

Something Lulu
11-13-2002, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by Studmaster
How much is the train to Boston though. Because I would travel with you too, but I may need to get there Thursday Afternoon.

The times I've gone I seem to remember round trip being about $80 or so. ::checks calendar:: What days are the con, the 18-20? It makes sense to go on Thursday, right? But that's another night of paying the hotel... But I'm not a morning person and I don't want to go to MA at the crack of dawn on Friday... >_< ack! I guess money will decide. Maybe I can stay with my friend Thursday night. Depends on the hotel rooming situation, I guess.

TyJILDown
11-14-2002, 03:56 PM

I'm about 30 minutes by train from NYC, I take the LIRR from Valley Stream station straight into Penn.

I'm not a morning person myself but I really don't wanna pay an extra night at the hotel. There's always nap time on the train ^^;;

Gothic_Lulu
11-14-2002, 09:18 PM
Huzzah! I just should my mom the thread...specifically the part about sharing rooms....

She oddly enough did not seem to mind...lol....I am a bit suprised...but in a good way...

So I guess if there is anyway that she can see some info she would not mind. Yay!........

I should be able to know for sure tomorow.....but I am pretty sure she will let me!

other than that....I am still waiting on people....not sure if they are all going to reply...but I guess if the group is smaller the lady from Anime Boston will be easier on me.....ugh...will she ever reply?! LOL

Also I have a friend that I convinced to be Aerith...she joined but she is a Disney right np so she cannot post yet....

Something Lulu
11-15-2002, 02:26 AM
Great! Glad your mom is cool with it. I'm technically a responsible adult, if that helps lol. I'm really bad with finding out info about stuff like this, so if you found out information about the hotel and basically just told me how much I'd have to pay, that would be cool.

Jil - very true. A 4 hour ride does allow time for sleep, and it's probably worth it to just get up early, as opposed to paying for another night.

Gothic_Lulu
11-15-2002, 05:35 AM
http://www.animeboston.com/location/hotel.html

That page is devoted to the hotel info.....

Depending on how many want to share a room will basically affect the price (i guess we divide the total between how many people are sharing).

This is sort of random....but my mom probably would not like men sharing a room with me being in it.....lol.....but so far i think that would only affect Studmaster....but it probably won't because i heard that people that are working at the con get "crash space" that they can use....

So if anyone is intrested, please say so ^^!

-Gothic Lulu :devil:

Something Lulu
11-15-2002, 12:24 PM
Count me in! I should probably see if my friend from MA definately wants to go and stay in the hotel. I figured your mom would say "no boys," cuz I know my mom would have when I was still living with her. (Now my roommate is a boy!) We could get a double and then just say we've got two people and bring blankets and stuff. I don't have a problem sleeping on a floor if it comes to it.

Alaria
11-15-2002, 05:39 PM
Me, too, if I end up going (which is looking pretty good right now!)Glad ur mom's ok with it :)

TyJILDown
11-15-2002, 11:40 PM
My mom is being really cool about everything since I've shown to be responsible. I'll be having a few guys in my room at Otakon, but in any case it won't matter who stays in our room, just us gals for this one!

But yes, I'm all up for sharing a room! More money for goodies *_* I don't mind where I sleep, shove me in the bathroom if we must lol

btw, Something Lulu, what part of NYC do you live in?

Something Lulu
11-16-2002, 10:20 AM
Living in Brooklyn, but I'm from the Bronx. (It's been almost a year and I still can't say I'm from Brooklyn lol) Besides, I'm in the Bronx now.

omg We're gonna have a room full of Lulus. LOL That will be so fun! Even if we don't all dress as her at the same time it'll be like a Lulu Cosplayers Support Group LOL. So, what do we have now, at least 4 people? I have to call my friend in MA back, I couldn't reach her yesterday. Rooms are $119 a night for a double, so it would be like $30 a night each if we neglect to tell them the amount of ppl we have lol. That's not bad. When should we actually reserve the room? Who wants to handle that?

Oshi
11-16-2002, 10:26 AM
I'm not sure of my room status with NYO... so keep a spot open for me just in case ^^;
interesting... four lulus and an auron? O.o;;;
Then again, you girls probably wouldn't want a guy among yas...
Nyeeevermind.

Gothic_Lulu
11-16-2002, 11:10 AM
Living in Brooklyn, but I'm from the Bronx. (It's been almost a year and I still can't say I'm from Brooklyn lol) Besides, I'm in the Bronx now.

omg We're gonna have a room full of Lulus. LOL That will be so fun! Even if we don't all dress as her at the same time it'll be like a Lulu Cosplayers Support Group LOL. So, what do we have now, at least 4 people? I have to call my friend in MA back, I couldn't reach her yesterday. Rooms are $119 a night for a double, so it would be like $30 a night each if we neglect to tell them the amount of ppl we have lol. That's not bad. When should we actually reserve the room? Who wants to handle that?

Hmmm...I'll would wait untill the middle of next week to make an actual reservation so we get everyone that wants to join in and by then everything should be fun....

30 bucks a night sounds really good (my mom would be happy to hear that ^^)....I would handle the reservation but I don't think I could do it.....

Also either today or tomorow I am going to sign us up for the skit....I still have not got a reply from her so she must not have a problem with it....

So how many of you are registered? What are you dressing up as?

I need to list them on the registration....

Oshi, haha four Lulus and a Auron would be funny....I think all of us that are dressing up as Lulu should do it on one day.....we could be a herd of Lulus.....I would say that is alright to share a room with us....but my mom would not have it ^^;....sorry....i feel like such a dork...lol

-Gothic Lulu
:devil:

Something Lulu
11-16-2002, 11:27 AM
I'm actually not registered yet... ::hides:: I have to do that soon. Possibly next weekend. When we register for the hotel, we don't pay anything then, right? I mean, I know we still have to pay even if we don't go, but they don't want $ upfront, do they? If not, I might be able to call about it and make the reservation.

TyJILDown
11-16-2002, 01:21 PM
I think we just make a reservation and they have our name(s) down for the dates and have a room set aside, I doubt they need money up front but maybe they may ask for a credit card number *shrugs*

I also still have to register for ABoston, I plan on doing that after the holidays as I am spending money like a bastard when I shouldn't be!!

I already signed up for the Masquerade with a walk on spot for Sivil though.

Something Lulu
11-16-2002, 01:51 PM
Money, ack! I bought 4 wigs this week. >_< For good prices, but they're still not cheap.

Okay, I'm willing to call the hotel, I would just like to know all the people who are definately in. I'll probably call around the end of this week or so.

Also, how many days do we want the hotel, and if I call, will I have to be the one to check in? I know we want a double with two beds, but is it just for Friday and Saturday nights? That's probably best. Let's figure out the details and I'll make the call.

TyJILDown
11-16-2002, 02:36 PM
Probably Friday through Sunday, just the 2 nights we'll need it for. I plan on leaving Sunday evening.

I also have to buy 3 wigs, $50 worth of theatre makeup and $150 boots for costumes!! *needs to whore more on eBay!*

Something Lulu
11-16-2002, 02:52 PM
Okay I have to find out the check out time then. Hotels usually make it around 11am, so that's when we'd have to have all our stuff out by, otherwise you end up paying for another day. If we leave Sunday evening we need to figure out what to do with all the luggage. I'll see if I can arrange to have a car to stash it all in.

Alaria
11-16-2002, 11:27 PM
Omigoodness this all happening so fast! :::runs around frantically:::: I haven't signed up either, still need to ok it and find airline tickets O_o...cheap ones.....to make sure I can get there. U guys are so lucky, all over there on the east coast

Gothic_Lulu
11-16-2002, 11:51 PM
I am so screwed.....

My mom decided to change her mind about the hotel room....so yeah....I probably can't stay now:( ....oh well....it was worth a try...maybe I still can but I was wondering if we can postpone and reservation making for a couple of days.....

Hmmmm....otherwise I am still going and being in the skit though....it would have just been more convient to stay at the hotel cuz now I am going to have to get up really early and like get into costume there and travel to the con (*cries*).....might be funny to see the reactions on ppls faces though....muhahahaha

Studmaster
11-17-2002, 12:46 AM
Awwww: Poor Gothic Lulu. *Hugs*

I would love to help with a hotel room, but I my hotel plans are covered with my Volenteer status.

Alaria
11-17-2002, 12:47 AM
wells, there's still time until the con...mebbe she'll change her mind again? Just give it a bit o' time

Gothic_Lulu
11-17-2002, 12:54 AM
Perhaps...Perhaps....I won't argue with her too much because my mom does pay for my cosplay habits....and I am still going....it is just very hard to help ppl understand things...especially that not everyone on the net is a wierdo....LOL....I must sound so stupid...

This just means that I am going to have to work harder....oh well....whatever ^^....this is not untill April anyway.....

It was just that I was bashed about this by my family so I am just at the point where I have no idea about it anymore...

Hahahaha...I just tell myself that every thing will work out ;) ....

Ack...I have to sign out that skit registration form soon....

Alaria
11-17-2002, 01:55 AM
::hugs::: everything will work out, one way or the other :)
And no, u don't sound stupid, don't say that at all! My mum's the exact same way, and I think for a lot of peeps its hard to get their parents to understand cosplay

Something Lulu
11-17-2002, 09:38 AM
Actually, I don't think my mom would have even considered letting me go alone to stay with a bunch of people she didn't know. She would have laughed and said "No way! You should have known better than to even ask" or something to that effect. Well, you still have until April, and if she changes her mind we'll get you in that room somehow. :) If, by the time the con rolls around, she's still holding out, it really might help to meet us and see what nice and cool people we all are. lol I hope she changes her mind, but we'll still have lots of fun there anyway.

Gothic_Lulu
11-17-2002, 10:42 AM
Thanks! You are still reseving the room anyway (and you probably don't have to pay untill you check in) so I still do it.....but it all depends....

As long as we are still hanging out at the con.....

Now we should focus on the registration

http://www.animeboston.com/events/masquerade/form.html

I need all that info *cries*.....

Studmaster
11-17-2002, 11:22 AM
Oh...Lord...That's a lot of information that needs to be disclosed. Are you sure you have it Gothic? Or should I do it?

Gothic_Lulu
11-17-2002, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by Studmaster
Oh...Lord...That's a lot of information that needs to be disclosed. Are you sure you have it Gothic? Or should I do it?

I don't have all of it yet because I need whoever wants in to give me their info..

TyJILDown
11-17-2002, 01:36 PM
Well if by chance GothicLulu can't stay with us it still shouldn't be too much money for us to stay ^^

As for transportation, hopefully Something Lulu will be able to travel with each other...not gonna be like AXNY where everyday I had to ride the LIRR & Subways with my hair all done up like Lulu X_x

Gothic_Lulu
11-17-2002, 02:14 PM
Well if by chance GothicLulu can't stay with us it still shouldn't be too much money for us to stay ^^

As for transportation, hopefully Something Lulu will be able to travel with each other...not gonna be like AXNY where everyday I had to ride the LIRR & Subways with my hair all done up like Lulu X_x

Yeah....it should not affect the price to much.....but I still might go...hopefully....

Ack....I might have to take the T (train) in costume....LOL...that is going to be a experience....imagine seeing a Lulu on the train....with a large cactus.....or a Squall girl wanabe carrying a large Gunblade....hahaha...I would have to carry it in a garbage bag.....

Alaria
11-17-2002, 02:53 PM
oro, if u need to take the train, u could always bring the stuff and then change in the hotel room, neh?

Gothic_Lulu
11-17-2002, 04:17 PM
oro, if u need to take the train, u could always bring the stuff and then change in the hotel room, neh?

I never thought of that ! ^^;.....that could work too.....

Something Lulu
11-17-2002, 09:03 PM
You could even stash your stuff there! LOL The T.... I've ridden the T and for some reason I find it hilarious.

I'll be glad for the company on the ride to MA. :) That should be easy enough to plan out.

Oshi
11-17-2002, 10:21 PM
I'm driving up there... by myself... that's a four hour plus drive... hoo boy... I almost went insane going to Nekocon with the same amount of driving...
Mwee, I love this, I'm planning for Katsucon, ABoston, and otakon all at the same time XD
Katsu is basically settled... so is Otakon... *focuses on this*

Something Lulu
11-17-2002, 10:36 PM
Driving. @_@ There's something I need to focus on. If I had a car just think of all the cons I could go to! lol Among other things, of couse. I should probably think about learning to drive first. >_<

I'm planning for Anime Boston, Anime Expo, Comic Con, and Shoujocon. I guess I should probably think about the con in Manhattan (This year it was BAAF/AXNY...is it just BAAF next year or what?) but I've never cosplayed there because I don't want to have to commute in costume or worry about changing. But maybe next year I will. Who knows?

Oshi
11-17-2002, 10:54 PM
...*blinks* ...erm... how the hell am I gonna fit my 7' Auron Sword in my car O_O;
ah, it'll fit... i hope...
So yeah. Hotel-wise I'm waiting on something going on with NYO. So I'm probably set...
I'm yet to pre-reg for either Katsu or ABoston... cuz... well... I'm kinda short on cash right now... >.>;

Gothic_Lulu
11-17-2002, 11:11 PM
You could even stash your stuff there! LOL The T.... I've ridden the T and for some reason I find it hilarious.

I'll be glad for the company on the ride to MA. :) That should be easy enough to plan out.

It is funny.....I actually find the train systems in New York to be cleaner....LOL....

Something Lulu
11-18-2002, 12:10 AM
Just what is NYO about? I know I registered for Anime Expo, I think I did for Comic Con, and I have yet to for any of the other 5 cons I'm going to next year. >_< Gah, that's crazy! I don't know how I think I can afford all that.

You know, I think the same thing about NYC subways! When I rode the T last year I had to look around for a seat that wasn't all messed up. They'd be better off without cloth seats.

Oshi
11-18-2002, 11:27 AM
NYO is just... New York Otakus... I'm kinda an exception to the name though, heheh. But yeah, since you're in NYC, you should definately look us up.

Something Lulu
11-18-2002, 11:48 AM
Cool! Thanks, I definately should.

Hey, you're being Auron at ABoston, right?

Oshi
11-18-2002, 05:01 PM
Yeah. Seifer and Auron are definates there.

Gothic_Lulu
11-18-2002, 06:24 PM
"You know, I think the same thing about NYC subways! When I rode the T last year I had to look around for a seat that wasn't all messed up. They'd be better off without cloth seats."

-Yeah I know.....those friggin clothes seats are disgusting *vomits*. The day after they put them in the were trashed...LOL...

Oshi- Yay! Auron and Seifer!!! ^^

-Gothic Lulu

TyJILDown
11-18-2002, 09:11 PM
Driving. @_@ There's something I need to focus on. If I had a car just think of all the cons I could go to! lol Among other things, of couse. I should probably think about learning to drive first. >_<

I'm planning for Anime Boston, Anime Expo, Comic Con, and Shoujocon. I guess I should probably think about the con in Manhattan (This year it was BAAF/AXNY...is it just BAAF next year or what?) but I've never cosplayed there because I don't want to have to commute in costume or worry about changing. But maybe next year I will. Who knows?

Blah I'll probably be driving by then but with the cost of gas, tools etc., it may be easier to be able to relax in a train and pay for the ride ^^

I traveled to AXNY Saturday and SUnday and brought my Lulu costume in a hefty bag, wearing my thigh his, high heels, corset, and hair all done up on the train!! The stares I got, oh boy! lol

This year for BAAF (no AXNY!) I will be getting a room, much easier and will be more fun!! I plan on definatly going to ABoston, ICON, Otakon, and BAAF. There are some I am unsure of yet.

Something Lulu
11-18-2002, 10:43 PM
I would think parking is the worst problem. I don't even feel like it's realistic for me to be worrying about driving just yet.

I saw your costume at AXNY...I can't imagine having to carry that back and forth on the train! It was raining that weekend (if I remember correctly) and I was low on cash and time, so I couldn't get my hair done, which is necessary for most of my costumes. I also didn't want to commute, but after hearing that you did all that...@_@ I'm inspired lol.

Do you know anything about your room arrangement yet for BAAF? This year some of my coworkers went to Otakon but I was still broke from AX and CC, and I don't really know how I would get there. ABoston feels different because I know ppl in MA.

TyJILDown
11-19-2002, 08:24 PM
Gah darn it, there could have been 3 Lulus! With me and the other Lulu, we were being called 'The Doublemint Twins' ^^;; The commute was a bitch but overall it paid off...just wouldn't do it again!

I'm not exactly sure on my room arrangements at BAAF, all I know is what costumes I have lined up.

Something Lulu
11-19-2002, 09:41 PM
So we could have been the Doublemint..Triplets? lol Well we can have lots of good old fashioned Lulu fun at ABoston if we all have our costumes.

Hmmm, what's this about a skit for Masquerade? lol

TyJILDown
11-19-2002, 09:46 PM
Well at ABoston I don't plan on doing a skit, I really want to do a walkon for my Sivil costume so I'm not quite sure on details myself.

Alaria
11-20-2002, 01:30 AM
well, skit or no skit, we're definitely gonna have a Lulu posse going on there!!

Something Lulu
11-20-2002, 01:51 AM
It's going to be so much fun! I have to make sure to stock up on film for it. We should think of some really cool poses. When I had my FFX group at AX we switched poses for a bunch of pics. Here are a few funny ones...
Yuna and Lulu switch poses:
http://satokasunoai.crosswinds.net/ax02/friday54.html
Normal poses:
http://www.risingsun.net/gallery/ax2002/19/source/ax2002-1327.shtml
Yuna as Tidus, Lulu as Yuna, Tidus as Lulu:
http://www.risingsun.net/gallery/ax2002/19/source/ax2002-1330.shtml
And the attached pic is just funny.

Gothic_Lulu
11-20-2002, 05:41 AM
well, skit or no skit, we're definitely gonna have a Lulu posse going on there!!

Huzzah! Definetly LOL...this is going to be so fun

(ugh parent teacher conference...last night *cringes*)

Yeah....we have to figure out the skit still ^^....the stupid form has to be done to but I need to no what we are doing first...Hmm...

There are going to be 3 Lulus there even without Jil...Me, Something Lulu, and Alaria if she comes ^^.....I already registered for the con so I am definetly going...we are also probably going to have Studmaster and Sami.....and possibly a friend of mine as KH Aerith....for the skit I will probably end up doing Squall and I think one day all of us should dress up ass Lulu....muhahaha that would be so fun....

Any ideas?

-Gothic Lulu

Oshi
11-20-2002, 10:44 AM
Don't forget meee... Seifer or Auron, whichever is needed...
Four Lulus and an Auron... Auron's in heaven XD

Something Lulu
11-20-2002, 11:14 AM
Yes, we should definately coordinate our Lulu day so you can be our Auron. :)

And can I please take some pics of me wielding your sword?? LOL I love carrying swords around cons, but I don't have any and I haven't cosplayed anyone who does. (Partly why I'm so interested in this "Pain" chick from FFX-2!) When I was Tifa at CC I was running around with a waterblade lol. It was so fun. ^_^

Anime_kidd2k2
11-20-2002, 12:12 PM
hey lulu! im going to cosplay zell (ff8) so uh.....well i just read your private message an i havent been online in a while either....well just lettin evry1 know! wheee!

Anime_kidd2k2
11-20-2002, 12:18 PM
well.....chibi zell that is....im so young *cries* WAAAA *wipes face* well ill be a chibi (look at my profile if u want my age :P) if u guys wanna do some funny freaky pic or sum....well bye for now ppl!

Something Lulu
11-20-2002, 01:14 PM
Lots of Final Fantasy goodness!

Gothic_Lulu
11-20-2002, 02:52 PM
Yes, we should definately coordinate our Lulu day so you can be our Auron. :)

And can I please take some pics of me wielding your sword?? LOL I love carrying swords around cons, but I don't have any and I haven't cosplayed anyone who does. (Partly why I'm so interested in this "Pain" chick from FFX-2!) When I was Tifa at CC I was running around with a waterblade lol. It was so fun. ^_^

You can run around with my gunblade too! LOL two swords at once!

Yay 4 Lulus and a Auron :devil: ...Muhahahahahaha!

-Gothic Lulu

Something Lulu
11-20-2002, 11:09 PM
Yay! Two swords!

Woo ha! Watch out, Lulu's belts finally got to her!

Oh man this is gonna be fun....

Studmaster
11-22-2002, 01:22 PM
Don't forget the Generic Final Fantasy Tatics Knight.

Gothic_Lulu
12-08-2002, 02:07 PM
Ack....it has been awhile...

Ok...now we have to start seriously thinking....

So we got: Alaria, Me, Studmaster, Sami, Something Lulu.....right? If anyone else wants to join in..please tell me ASAP please....

Ok...Now teel me for the skit which character do you want to be: For myself I have decided to definetly pich Edea ( not Squall because I think it will be easier to work with her character) and Stud wants to do a Knight from Tatics....

From the sound of it, it will be pre recorded so that can be handled....we will also have to practice the friday we get there so we can be ready Saturday night....

Also I need to know if any of you have Pre-Reg....does not matter when you do....just need to know...

I also need a title or a cosplay group name which would be easier at the moment...

If anyone wants to be judged for workmanship it can be done....just tell me and I will add that...

I also need to know if we want special audio or lighting affects...
or if we will be having any props...

and any other random special requests...

Oh and I need real names from everyone....you can PM me them if you do not want to post them.....

Sami
12-08-2002, 02:49 PM
Cool! ^__^

If you're not going to be KH Squall ("Leon", LOL) than I'll do it.. I'll have a gunblade done by then, too. ^^ And hopefully this one won't break!

Have we figured out exactly what kind of skit we're doing yet?

My real name is Sara, and my email is jibrille@jibrille.org if it's needed. ^^

Gothic_Lulu
12-08-2002, 04:15 PM
Cool! ^__^

If you're not going to be KH Squall ("Leon", LOL) than I'll do it.. I'll have a gunblade done by then, too. ^^ And hopefully this one won't break!

Have we figured out exactly what kind of skit we're doing yet?

My real name is Sara, and my email is jibrille@jibrille.org if it's needed. ^^

Huzzah! Cool then....good luck on your gunblade...hehe...I am cheating and buying mine probably ^^;.....

Cool...cuz I think i will need to give your email too.....

As for skit....many suggestions have came up....

I think it will be depending on what characters we have....

Here are some suggestions I got so far ^^:

Some sort of a parody on a cheesey dating game....

Depending on how many Lulus there are...some sort of identity crisis/ revenge type of skit...

Battle orientated skit....Stud said something about Edea being angry about the popularity of Lulu and crazyness starts....hehe..

A joke about how many cosplay skit cliches we can fit in 3 min LOL...

Please feel free to post any ideas too ^^

Also, I found out that there is going to be a Final Fantasy photo shoot on Saturday....we can all go ^^!

What else....For sure I am bringing Lulu, Edea, and probably Leon (LOL)....but I might bring something else....

Studmaster
12-08-2002, 04:36 PM
Yeah, of course I'm down for this skit. So far we have.

Studmaster
Gothic Lulu
Alaria
Sami
Something Lulu
Oshi(?)

and anyone else who wants to join.

If anyone wants my full skit idea, then just tell me and leave your E-Mail here and I'll e-mail it to you.

I would like to see other ideas as well.

TyJILDown
12-08-2002, 09:12 PM
I would love to do a skit but I really wanna do a walk on...gah I don't even know if I am dragging my Lulu with me!

Koumori
12-08-2002, 09:30 PM
Same here. I'm back to doing a walk-on with Wedding Yuna (I keep typing "Tuna" and it's making me giggle). I wonder if it's going to be an All-FFX, All The Time cosplay...

Gothic_Lulu
12-09-2002, 09:20 PM
This is who we got so far:

Me (Gothic Lulu)
Studmaster
Oshi
Something Lulu
Sami
Alaria

and I might have a friend that is moving to the Boston area that might join in as Aeris (I just have to convince her ^^)

-Gothic Lulu

Something Lulu
12-10-2002, 11:05 AM
Hmmm, I kinda like that "cliche" idea because at least it's making it clear that we know what we're doing...

I will most likely be bringing Lulu and Tifa. The other stuff I'm working on is going to be debuted at AX with a group, and I don't know about Momo or Miwako yet. If I have them done I'll probably bring them along.

Oh yeah, I'm Alexis. ^_^ I haven't registered yet but I plan to do it soon.

Did we ever figure out the hotel situation? I'm up for rooming with ppl.

Gothic_Lulu
12-10-2002, 02:06 PM
As for rooming,

I am willing to room with ppl....but it depends on what my mom says....

I think that the plan from earlier posts is good.....we do not have to pay untill we actually get to the con so either way I can still stay last minute...

So I say whoever is intrested makes a reservation and when we get there, people who want to stay pay....that way people have up untill the last minute to decide..and I have up untill the last minute to persuade my mom....even If i don't I don't think the price will be that different ^^...

So count me in (if I can) because we can all pay when we get there...

Oh..special request...only girls...no boys....if there are boys...there is no way in hell I can stay ^^;;;;;

Gothic_Lulu
12-10-2002, 02:06 PM
As for rooming,

I am willing to room with ppl....but it depends on what my mom says....

I think that the plan from earlier posts is good.....we do not have to pay untill we actually get to the con so either way I can still stay last minute...

So I say whoever is intrested makes a reservation and when we get there, people who want to stay pay....that way people have up untill the last minute to decide..and I have up untill the last minute to persuade my mom....even If i don't I don't think the price will be that different ^^...

So count me in (if I can) because we can all pay when we get there...

Oh..special request...only girls...no boys....if there are boys...there is no way in hell I can stay ^^;;;;;

TyJILDown
12-10-2002, 03:01 PM
I need to plan rooming as well. My friend from my town, Tim, may be coming to ABoston as well but he is staying with his friends from the ArticNightfall forum.

Gothic_Lulu
12-22-2002, 12:25 PM
Ok everybody! ^^

I have decided that the day after Christmas I will send in the skit registration form ^^......let me just conferm everything so far ^^...

Also keep in mind that if anything changes I can just email the head of cosplay at AB and tell them so it is no prob if something arises *I.E Can't make it or group skit plot...etc*

Group members:

Something_Lulu (Alexis)
Gothic_lulu (Jessica)
Sami (Sara)
Studmaster (Linwood)
Alaria ( Alaria .....*hope this is your real name* ^^;;;)
Mizhuo (Sara)
Oshi (Paul (?)

If you change your mind at any point email me or AIM me and I will email then email the cosplay person at AB.....

Also please tell me ASAP what characters you are going to do this is what I know so far....

Gothic_Lulu : Edea
Sami: Leon
Studmaster: Tatic's Knight

Entry Title: (?) (give me some suggestions otherwise I will give a tentative title for the time being)

Will we have a script: Yes

Emecees aunnoucement: What the guy should say when we get on stage....this can be left blank but give me some suggestions....

Microphones: We are going to do are best to pre record since it is highly reccomended...

Audio: Any music....probably will have some sort of FF music....

Special effects: Props...will anyone need any?

Please is anyones has any other special requests just tell me ^^...

Oh...if anyone wants to be judged for their costume just tell me so I can list that.....

-Gothic Lulu

Mizuho
12-22-2002, 01:02 PM
Hey LULU!!! ^o^

I'll go as either Aeris or Quistis. I just finished the main part of my Quistis costume last night. I just have to add the beads on the belt, and edit the arm-warmers. Apperance-wise, I think I make a better Quistis than an Aeris, although I'd be happy to do either one!

Gothic_Lulu
12-22-2002, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by Mizuho
Hey LULU!!! ^o^

I'll go as either Aeris or Quistis. I just finished the main part of my Quistis costume last night. I just have to add the beads on the belt, and edit the arm-warmers. Apperance-wise, I think I make a better Quistis than an Aeris, although I'd be happy to do either one!

Hello! ^^

You can do either one ^^. We don't have a Quistis or Aeris so either one would be cool! Do the one you like the most....

Something Lulu
12-23-2002, 12:11 AM
LOL If she's Aeris maybe I'll bust out my Tifa costume

Gothic_Lulu
12-31-2002, 11:44 AM
IMPORTANT!!!

The hotel rooms are going fast so I would consider reserving now!

I would but they don't let anyone under 18 do it.....

Something Lulu
01-01-2003, 10:22 PM
Can you send me whatever info you have for it? And anyone who's interested in being in a room, let me know! PM me or whatever

Gothic_Lulu
01-02-2003, 10:00 AM
Something Lulu:

http://www.animeboston.com/location/hotel.html

This has all the info you should need ^.~

-As for people that want to join: I would recomend you tell us now...if you are uncertain...it is alright because we have to pay when we arrive there I think.....

I might be in it....I will tell you when I get there and If I join I will pay the amount needed ^^

Also make sure you ask for two beds....otherwise they will give ya one......

So respond if you are definete or are considering....

Thanks!

TyJILDown
01-03-2003, 01:49 PM
I definatly need some people to room with, you already asked me about this Something_Lulu Just let me know what you guys do!

Oshi
01-03-2003, 02:03 PM
I need a room too... heh... ^^;;

Gothic_Lulu
01-04-2003, 01:21 PM
Just submitted the skit form....YAY!

Gothic_Lulu
01-06-2003, 03:19 PM
This email is to let you know that you are officially entered in the Anime Boston Masquerade.

Just a reminder to keep me updated on any changes you may need to make to your entry forms, and to make sure the title you have chosen for your entry is something that you will recognise on the Fourms for Anime Boston. The schedule for the Masquerade is not set in stone just now, so keep yourselves updated by checking the website often. If there is anything you need to know, ask me! I may take a little while to reply, but I will reply eventually! ^_^

I'll keep you updated with any essential information!

-Michi
Anime Boston 2003 Masquerade Director

Gothic_Lulu
01-09-2003, 10:13 PM
Everyone:

The cosplay director at Anime boston wants full names ( I put down first names for most of you) so can you please PM them to me ^-^.....I also think that we should start to think about some ideas now.....

Is anyone else that has a Lulu costume interested in going in a big Lulu group for a day? I can wear mine either Friday or Sunday so maybe we can get something organized ^-^.....cuz I know a few of ya have one....anyone else is willing to join in....I don't think I will be able to bribe any of my frinds into coming LOL! None of them like anime XD so it would be nice to hang around with people from here because I don't want to be alone ^-^.....

TheAnarCHris
01-14-2003, 01:15 AM
Greetings all (wow a lot of ppl I know are here.....) I too am going to AB as Leon/Squall from KH (well I'm going to a lot of cons as Leon but that's beside the point). Anywho as far as I know I'm in a skit (and Oshi, TyJillDown, me thinks our faithful leader Dj Ranma has u 2 attached to it too so you might wanna talk to him about it if you already haven.t) but I think us FF cosplayer should set up a FF photo shoot. I've done it at AXNY and AnimeNEXT, and would like to keep the tradition up.

TyJILDown
01-14-2003, 07:56 PM
I've gotta figure out WTF is going on, if I'm doing the group or the walkon, cause I'm already registered for a walk on *shrugs*

As for a FF photoshot, one is secheduled for Saturday, the schedule can be at the ABoston boards. Unfortunatly, I'm wearing my FF costume that Friday ^^

Gothic_Lulu
01-16-2003, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by Bunny
ahh.. I am going to do a cat walk. It is going to be my first con ever. what is this group thing about? I think I might want to join..

Peace out

The members in this gorup wil be performing a final fantasy themed skit for the masqerade at Anime Boston. If you are interested and have a Final Fastasy costume, you are welcome to join ^_^...Just tell me ASAP....

Gothic_Lulu
01-28-2003, 03:32 PM
I think I am going to try to start the skit ( With Stud's help ^_~...because I will need it)

I was just wondering if anyone was planning to bring a FF7 costume.....I will be doing a Aeris cosplay one of the days so maybe we can for a group and take some pics ^_^....Something Lulu is going to have her Tifa costtume so it would be cool if we can find some other people for pics ^_^

TyJILDown
01-28-2003, 11:15 PM
I'll have my Wallmarket Cluod with me so I'm up for it ^^

Gothic_Lulu
01-29-2003, 02:20 PM

Cool ^_^ I can't wait to see it....I have not seen anyone do that before...

Something Lulu
01-29-2003, 10:39 PM

SO perfect. mwahahahah this is going to be so much fun ^_^

Cloud in drag, with a Tifa and Aeris. :) I can't wait.

Um, yes, about the skit. lol What are we doing again? So Gothic Lu, you're gonna work on it with Studmaster, lemme know if you guys need help.

This thing is 3 days long, right? Hmmm, I guess I'll be bringing along Tifa and Lulu then. Those are my only definites. And if I manage to finish anything else by then we'll see. I'm going costume supply shopping Saturday, so hopefully I will be able to get some stuff done quickly.

Gothic_Lulu
01-30-2003, 02:23 PM
SO perfect. mwahahahah this is going to be so much fun ^_^

Cloud in drag, with a Tifa and Aeris. :) I can't wait.

Um, yes, about the skit. lol What are we doing again? So Gothic Lu, you're gonna work on it with Studmaster, lemme know if you guys need help.

This thing is 3 days long, right? Hmmm, I guess I'll be bringing along Tifa and Lulu then. Those are my only definites. And if I manage to finish anything else by then we'll see. I'm going costume supply shopping Saturday, so hopefully I will be able to get some stuff done quickly.

Any help is needed on the skit at this point ^_^;;;;.....we need to get to work lol.....I guess we actually have to have the absolute defineite list of the characters for it then we can see what we can do ^^ Stud wrote a first draft that was really goo, but it will need to be altered a bit because we have had some changes ^_^....

Something Lulu
01-30-2003, 09:38 PM
Cool! You've got my e-mail, right? Go ahead and send it to me.

Gothic_Lulu
02-01-2003, 12:08 PM
yep, I will send it ^_^