PDA

View Full Version : Anime Matsuri 2013

benihime
11-05-2012, 10:21 PM
Hey guys!
Have any plans for the convention yet? You only have about 5 months~
I've already started gathering pieces for my hana outfit. I'm doing several new things so it should be interesting!

I'm also going to try and make Jill Valentine (S.T.A.R.S.) and Toph (fire nation outfit) and maybe something else.

what about you guys?

Zaiten
11-06-2012, 06:42 PM
I'm just getting back into cosplay and I've added this con to my list to try and get to next year. =) I'm hard at work making a bunch of new cosplays and props. Mostly Fire Emblem, at the moment, but I think I'll be adding in a few other titles by the spring.

I'm debating between quite a few things, such as Yu-Gi-Oh!, more Final Fantasy, Sailor Moon, and possibly some lesser known things like Shadow Hearts and Lufia.

Sailor Moon
11-07-2012, 05:45 PM
This con is still up in the air for me. I partially don't want to go cuz of how much they've angered me before, and I really don't like the people who run it. But on the other hand, it's like the only convention in Houston left, and I'd only have to pay for the badge (even though it's way over priced), no hotel or anything, so I want to go just so I can have another one to go to, and it'll be cheap.

If I do end up going, I'll be taking my new Chii (Chobits) outfit, and whatever costume wins my contest on FB (looks like it's going to be Marvel's Black Cat) =P

yamibakura03
11-10-2012, 07:59 PM
I be too busy with other cosplay plans but if I have extra money I'll go for saturday only. My cosplay pick would be Lloyd Irving from Tales of Symphonia.

pooker
11-19-2012, 03:00 AM
I was thinking I wouldn't be able to make it, but I see they moved and it is conveniently located next door to where I will be working. I am excited! Does anyone know why they moved from The Woodlands though?

Sailor Moon
11-19-2012, 05:55 PM
... but I see they moved ...

OMG I totally didn't notice that! I'm so happy, it's A LOT closer to me now! Now I'm really thinking about going XD

Slayer Alex
11-23-2012, 12:37 AM
I was thinking I wouldn't be able to make it, but I see they moved and it is conveniently located next door to where I will be working. I am excited! Does anyone know why they moved from The Woodlands though?

the offical reason is because they are growing so much and that it can hold more people there. not sure if thats the real reason but im glad its at a place with no more dumb wristbands.

iKuraudo
11-25-2012, 03:42 PM
I'll be going with a friend of mine. I live an hour away from the Woodlands, TX and my cosplay is almost determined.

Zaiten
11-25-2012, 10:59 PM
Ahh, I can't seem to decide what to make! One day I'll pick one thing and by the next I've fangirled into something else. So many options make it so hard.

Sailor Moon
11-26-2012, 12:43 AM
Ahh, I can't seem to decide what to make! One day I'll pick one thing and by the next I've fangirled into something else. So many options make it so hard.

Make them all, then decide when Matsuri rolls around? LOL

Zaiten
11-26-2012, 06:59 PM
I totally would if I could right now. If I get this new job I interviewed for today I may just do that. :3 I know in a few years I'll be having the opposite problem and I'll be looking back and laughing.

I think the hard part is what type I want to do. Something old school like Sailor Moon, DBZ, etc. Something funny that's currently being abridged, like Yu-Gi-Oh!. Or just a favorite, regardless of it's ever been popular or not like Chrono Cross or Shadow Hearts.

Sailor Moon
11-26-2012, 10:31 PM
Well if you go old school with it, I'd avoid Sailor Moon, being in the fandom and whatnot, it's not only brutal, but totally overdone ... like to the point to where it doesn't matter how good your costume is, no one will look at it cuz they're tired of seeing SM cosplay XD (ok, exaggerating a little, lol). If you do decide to go with something Sailor Moon, do something that isn't done a lot, like villains or rare forms of one of the senshi. And sadly DBZ doesn't have a lot of girls, much less with cool costumes ... I cosplayed ChiChi and felt like I was just walking around in regular clothes, haha.

I'd just go with your favorite, like right now I'm making a cosplay from a video game that just came out a few months ago from Japan, I doubt anyone even really knows about it yet cuz it hasn't had a chance to blow up yet, but I'm still doing it ... every time I post a picture or something, I keep getting asked what it's from, but it's still cool, because that means you're doing something different!

Zaiten
11-27-2012, 12:07 AM
I can imagine what it will be like the second half of next year for Sailor Moon, I'm really looking forward to seeing it's revival.

I'll probably end up doing a Chrono Cross cosplay, most likely Serge since I'd really like to try and make his weapon as well as the outfit itself. He keeps coming back up over and over plus that was one of my favorite games, even though the plot is quite the mind-eff. Beyond that, though.. I'm sure something will hit me beyond momentary "Ooh." soon enough.

TinBunni
11-27-2012, 12:14 AM
So far, I'm planning on bringing my Saya from High School of the Dead, Miwako from Paradise Kiss, and at least one videogame cosplay. I have yet to decide if I want to do a Boss character from The World Ends With You or Someone from Star Ocean the Last Hope. Now... Squeezing all three inbetween seeing the fashion show and going to the tea party will be a feat, lol!

Sailor Moon
11-27-2012, 12:28 AM
I can imagine what it will be like the second half of next year for Sailor Moon, I'm really looking forward to seeing it's revival.

I'll probably end up doing a Chrono Cross cosplay, most likely Serge since I'd really like to try and make his weapon as well as the outfit itself. He keeps coming back up over and over plus that was one of my favorite games, even though the plot is quite the mind-eff. Beyond that, though.. I'm sure something will hit me beyond momentary "Ooh." soon enough.

Oh god, don't remind me ... I am HOPING that the new anime won't have any new outfits, I mean yeah, it'd be cool, but as of right now, I have at least one of each of her forms, and I'm officially done making new Sailor Moon costumes (only after 10 years @_@), and I know if they have a new form, I'll HAVE to make it ... and I was so looking forward to being done with making Sailor Moon costumes so I could move on to other things. Though I'm sure it will blow up again and everyone and their dog will be cosplaying Sailor Moon XD

Weapons are always fun, me and my bf are going to have our try at making me a scythe, which will be my first major prop construction in my 10+ years of cosplaying, so I know the feeling of looking forward to making a fun prop =P Lol, you say mind-eff, and I immediately think of FLCL XDD *random*

Good luck with deciding on something though ^_^

Zaiten
11-27-2012, 02:57 PM
Oh god, don't remind me ... I am HOPING that the new anime won't have any new outfits, I mean yeah, it'd be cool, but as of right now, I have at least one of each of her forms, and I'm officially done making new Sailor Moon costumes (only after 10 years @_@), and I know if they have a new form, I'll HAVE to make it ... and I was so looking forward to being done with making Sailor Moon costumes so I could move on to other things. Though I'm sure it will blow up again and everyone and their dog will be cosplaying Sailor Moon XD

Weapons are always fun, me and my bf are going to have our try at making me a scythe, which will be my first major prop construction in my 10+ years of cosplaying, so I know the feeling of looking forward to making a fun prop =P Lol, you say mind-eff, and I immediately think of FLCL XDD *random*

Good luck with deciding on something though ^_^

Watch them change everything just to mess with the cosplayers. Hair colors, outfit colors and designs.. that would be so mean to everyone.

And thanks for the help! Hopefully it'll be something awesome no matter what I pick. I hope to see you there, too.

Sailor Moon
11-27-2012, 05:08 PM
Watch them change everything just to mess with the cosplayers. Hair colors, outfit colors and designs.. that would be so mean to everyone.

And thanks for the help! Hopefully it'll be something awesome no matter what I pick. I hope to see you there, too.

omg don't say that ... I'd die @_@

No problem! Good luck with your costumes! ^_^ See you there!

Zaiten
12-30-2012, 07:42 PM
I don't know about anyone else, but now that Ikkicon is over I'm even more excited for Matsuri.

benihime
01-01-2013, 07:37 PM
I didn't go to Ikkicon, but I HAVE been excited for Matsuri.

Sailmoon2012
01-01-2013, 08:08 PM
My boyfriend and I will be attending, as well as our group!
Not sure if y'all have heard the rumors circulating around, but I've heard down the rumor mill that this is AM's last year if they don't raise any profit. I'm not believing anything until the officials themselves say something, so let's just all hope and pray that one of our beloved Texas cons isn't going away!

Anyway, we're entering the WCS in our secret cosplays, but we know that our group is for sure gonna cosplay Eureka Seven. We'll have a Holland, Eureka, Renton, and Gidget for sure. Talho and others are tbd at the moment.

Sailor Moon
01-02-2013, 12:23 AM
I didn't go to Ikkicon, but I HAVE been excited for Matsuri.

I actually wasn't excited until I woke up today and realized "omfg it's 2013 already" and that I'm not nearly as close to being done with my current costumes as I would have liked, so I got really nervous, then realized AM is only a couple of months away, got excited, then more nervous ... now I'm just kinda jumping in between the 2 XDD

Not sure if y'all have heard the rumors circulating around, but I've heard down the rumor mill that this is AM's last year if they don't raise any profit. I'm not believing anything until the officials themselves say something...

Nope, hadn't heard that before, but I have mixed feelings about it. On one hand, I'm sad to see it go, because it's the last Houston con we have, Kamikazekon died out years ago, Delta-H-Con isn't even big enough to be considered a convention, and Oni-con moved down to Galveston where the hotel prices are beyond outrageous ... if AM leaves, we're going to be down to 0 in-town conventions for those of us who live here =/
On the other hand, I've only been to AM once before, and it was because I had a table in the dealers room, so I didn't really get to run around a lot, and didn't get to participate in any events or anything, so I don't really know how the convention is, though I've heard mixed things, some say it's awesome, others say it's really bad, all I know is I've dealt with the staff, higher ups, and even the owner/starter of the convention, and they all suck, they're rude, they lie, and they do everything they can to jip you out of money, so in that sense, I'd be happy to see it go. /rant

Maybe if the rumors are true, someone could just jump in and take over, and keep everything going, but replace the staff and run it better? That would be cool, lol. But yeah, I agree, I wouldn't believe anything until you hear something from the officials.

originalityes
01-02-2013, 01:47 AM
I'm working on two different Zelda cosplays, literally... One TP Zelda and the other Tetra....
What fabric do you guys think i should use for Zeldas Purple/Pink bodice (Velvet, poly-satin- taffeta, etc.)???

Viverra
01-03-2013, 12:18 AM
I'm planning on having Aria T'loak from Mass Effect and C.C. Empress Dress from Code Geass at AM. This will be my first Matsuri (:

RobbyKun
01-03-2013, 09:16 AM
I'm super stoked about the new location for AM this year! Mainly because it's going to be alot closer to where I live.

Also, it gives me a chance to make up for my laziness of cosplays from the rest of 2012.

I got Shinya Kougami from Psycho Pass and Gilgamesh from Fate/Zero planned.

lady.otaku
01-03-2013, 02:05 PM
Totally doing Sakuya (SAO), Erika (Pokemon) and Juvia (Fairy Tail). So excited for Matsuri this year...first con that I'm 21 >:D

yamibakura03
01-03-2013, 05:46 PM
After rechecking the guest that are coming to AM, im super hype especially Johnny Bosch appearance. I can finally have him sign my Tales Book. So I will eventually get a room soon. Any chance anyone knows if I need to make a deposit or no to book a room. Some hotels do ask for a deposit and all.

Zaiten
01-04-2013, 09:09 PM
No deposit at the con hotel, I booked and they are holding it with my credit card number.

yamibakura03
01-04-2013, 09:55 PM
No deposit at the con hotel, I booked and they are holding it with my credit card number.

Ah man, that sounds even better. Thanks for telling me this, I will go ahead and make the reservations.

Zaiten
01-05-2013, 04:01 PM
Ah man, that sounds even better. Thanks for telling me this, I will go ahead and make the reservations.

Yeah, I know.. I hate when hotels need a room paid in advance. I think A-kon's hotel is doing that and that's why I'm holding off on them til much later. But glad I could help!

spazz
01-07-2013, 12:56 AM
i'm pretty stoked for matsuri this year! i'll be attending as sinbad from magi, shion from psycho-pass, and formal!gilbert from pandora hearts :D

Sailor Moon
01-07-2013, 05:39 PM
I'm super stoked about the new location for AM this year! Mainly because it's going to be alot closer to where I live. ...

I know right?! AM went from being 45+ minutes away from me last year to like 15 minutes away from me this year, SUPER HAPPY about that =D

Totally doing Sakuya (SAO), Erika (Pokemon) and Juvia (Fairy Tail). So excited for Matsuri this year...first con that I'm 21 >:D

Oooo, must get a pic of your Juvia =D And yay for being 21 at a con! XD

Well I FINALLY got around to figuring out exactly what I'll be taking to AM this year, this is my final list, no more changes XD

Friday: Chii from Chobits (red and white dress)
Saturday: Marvel's Black Cat (ultimate version)
Sunday: Usagi from Sailor Moon (Live Action)

I already have Chii and Usagi done, so I'm super happy about that, and I've got like half of the materials for Black Cat, so once I finish Eva, I can jump right on making BC =D

benihime
01-07-2013, 05:56 PM
i'll be Chibi moon in her summer school uniform (type thing) on Sunday! I want to get pictures together :P

Sailor Moon
01-09-2013, 12:05 AM
JES! Amg yes ... though chibi isn't in the live action ... NO ONE NEEDS TO KNOW!
Speaking of Chibi, are you gonna be doing any of her other outfits this year? Or be taking this outfit to another con? Matsuri is like the only con where I'm not really doing a big Sailor Moon costume XD

benihime
01-09-2013, 01:50 AM
JES! Amg yes ... though chibi isn't in the live action ... NO ONE NEEDS TO KNOW!
Speaking of Chibi, are you gonna be doing any of her other outfits this year? Or be taking this outfit to another con? Matsuri is like the only con where I'm not really doing a big Sailor Moon costume XD

i keep planning on doing more but it really depends on my weight situation :\

vietgirl018
01-12-2013, 10:26 PM
Dont know if anyone remembers the series anymore...but im cosplaying as Skuld from Oh my Goddess. I'm doing her artbook outfit with wings as well :) I hope I finish it in time.

Zaiten
01-13-2013, 03:00 PM
I always wanted to cosplay Belldandy when I was younger, haha, never did try to make it though. Not even sure if I could now.

Red Destiny
01-13-2013, 04:51 PM
Whelp, some of my friends have reserved hotel rooms for the con already. I myself may or may not just drive to and from the con since I'm local to the area.

The characters I'm cosplaying are listed in my signature below :3

vietgirl018
01-18-2013, 01:36 AM
I always wanted to cosplay Belldandy when I was younger, haha, never did try to make it though. Not even sure if I could now.

you should one day! I found a Urd but she is only gonna wear it for one day I think. Just need a Belldandy now :D

yamibakura03
01-18-2013, 01:59 PM
Took me awhile since I was busy on the weekdays but I got a room reserved already. Now I must continue to work on my cosplay, but first I need finished off two plushie commissions Im working on. I got another one coming soon but its due before AnimeFest.

Zaiten
01-19-2013, 10:20 PM
you should one day! I found a Urd but she is only gonna wear it for one day I think. Just need a Belldandy now :D

Well, well, perhaps I will! If I ever do, I'll let you know for sure.

Edit: You know, it's funny, I look at her now and she's not nearly as intimidating as she once looked. The only thing that gets me would be the yellow trim.

sylphkeeper
01-23-2013, 12:48 PM
I'll be going as Loki(Avengers-full armor), and Andrea with a Walking Dead group. I'm also on the committee for the formal dance-which is gonna be awesome and you guys should totally all come check out.
As far as Matsuri in general goes I'll be the first one to agree that they've definitely had some issues in the past. But after talking with John(the director of the con) in person about the convention I do fully believe that they are working hard to make it better. And the rumor that this is Matsuri's last year is totally false. John specifically said that he is excited for the convention to grow each year, and that's the reason for the new location too. I've been in the new hotel and been shown where things will be and I can say that the layout looks great. The hotel looks excellent and is a lot bigger than the Marriott, so there's lots of room for growth. So, I know that Matsuri has problems, just like every con, but I think that they deserve another shot and this will be a great year to see how they've improved.

Arceus2072
01-23-2013, 07:22 PM
If I play my cards right(you get what I mean. xD) I may be able to go. If I do, I'll bring the same cosplays I brought at Ikkicon VII, being Trainer Red w/Pikachu, Bulbasaur and Poliwhirl plushies, SSJ Bardock, Alucard and Human Shadow the Hedgehog. :D

Zaiten
01-24-2013, 07:17 PM
*Sigh!* Time is starting to tick away and I still have no final cosplay plans. I have my Aerith and Marth, but nothing new in the works other then a few ideas floating around in my head. Anyone have a suggestion or need someone for their group?

vietgirl018
01-28-2013, 07:59 AM
*Sigh!* Time is starting to tick away and I still have no final cosplay plans. I have my Aerith and Marth, but nothing new in the works other then a few ideas floating around in my head. Anyone have a suggestion or need someone for their group?

I still need a belldandy :P Just saying.

The outfit that u were talking about, are u talking about her outfit that everyone knows? Are you talking about this outfit?: http://static.zerochan.net/Belldandy.full.63111.jpg

I think for that yellow trim in the picture, I saw be creative and use lace or something.

Zaiten
01-28-2013, 12:05 PM
I still need a belldandy :P Just saying.

The outfit that u were talking about, are u talking about her outfit that everyone knows? Are you talking about this outfit?: http://static.zerochan.net/Belldandy.full.63111.jpg

I think for that yellow trim in the picture, I saw be creative and use lace or something.

You know, I think I might just give it a shot! I am talking about her usual blue/white outfit with yellow triangle trim. I always did want to cosplay her so why not give it a try! :3

Edit: Are you guys going to be making wings at all? >.>

vietgirl018
01-28-2013, 02:27 PM
You know, I think I might just give it a shot! I am talking about her usual blue/white outfit with yellow triangle trim. I always did want to cosplay her so why not give it a try! :3

Edit: Are you guys going to be making wings at all? >.>

My boyfriend is making Skuld's wings for me. They are looking pretty good so far. But im doing her artbook verison: http://www.oocities.org/tokyo/4324/amg17c.jpg

Urd is making her wings I think.

Zaiten
01-28-2013, 05:00 PM
My boyfriend is making Skuld's wings for me. They are looking pretty good so far. But im doing her artbook verison: http://www.oocities.org/tokyo/4324/amg17c.jpg

Urd is making her wings I think.

All righty, I'll see if I can muster up some wings then! It'll be my first time making some!

Pain-Chan
01-29-2013, 03:03 AM
I am so excited for AM this year! I can't believe it's almost here. ^^

DJKafka
01-29-2013, 08:29 AM
How about an OMG! photo-shoot?

vietgirl018
01-29-2013, 01:05 PM
How about an OMG! photo-shoot?

can you message me on my facebook page about it?

Zaiten
01-29-2013, 11:14 PM
I know I mentioned it on Facebook, but I may have a Keiichi with me. :3 Good friend of mine is finally moving here and I asked if he would and said yes, as long as he gets time off.

DJKafka
01-30-2013, 05:16 PM
can you message me on my facebook page about it?

Sorry, but I don't have a personal Facebook. I do have a Page & DA account (see sig).

Sailor Moon
01-30-2013, 06:06 PM
DJKafka ~ You can msgs through a page, just get on your page, and send her a msg.

sweetnsassy
01-31-2013, 07:26 PM
I just found out that the con is going to be at the Hyatt this year and I'm super excited! I haven't been able to go while it was in the Woodlands, but hopefully now that it's closer to me, I'll be able to convince my roommate that it's time for us to get back into the con scene. I'm already thinking of ideas for a gown to wear to the formal ball :toothy:

Koona K.
02-02-2013, 02:16 PM
I'm super excited that I found out AM will be at the Hyatt. I work just next door (Allen Center Two)!! I wasn't going to go but seriously? When does a con actually come this close? I'm soooo getting out of work early and heading over. Not sure if I'll get a room or not since its in Houston but I hate driving at night when I'm dead tired.

Cammy W. will probably make an appearance both days if I can't think of anything else.

volcanon88
02-05-2013, 12:30 AM
This is my first time going to AM and i am very excited. I will be cosplaying as Luffy from One Piece and Tobi from Naruto.

volcanon88
02-05-2013, 12:32 AM
If there is a Street Fighter Photoshoot going on...then i will hurry up and finish my Guy Cosplay.

Speaking of which can all of of you take a look at this thread and see if anyone of the listed photoshoot event happening: http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?p=4602553#post4602553

Thank you!

Zaiten
02-10-2013, 10:38 PM
Looks like Neptune and Uranus may be a no-go for me. =/ Boo. But working hard on Belldandy! Trying to think of a cosplay I can replace Neptune with.. perhaps I'll jump Chibimoon up or make another senshi who could be better suited alone. Or something entirely new.

gothixloli
02-12-2013, 01:08 PM
Would anyone want to cosplay as panty with me as schoolgirl panty and stocking? Also a brief would be nice

rikkuchan01
02-13-2013, 07:34 PM
Hello I'm new in Texas and really wanted to go to convention even if its small, I was wondering if its okay to walk around in cosplay? Or do I have to buy a badge to even be in the outside area that isn't in the vendors hall? Also how is this con? Any info is much appreciated! Thanks.

Sailor Moon
02-13-2013, 07:42 PM
You don't need a badge to be in the outer area, but you will need a badge to get into any panels or events, and the dealers room ... you could just roam the halls if you don't buy a badge, but I dk how entertaining that'll be, lol.

rikkuchan01
02-13-2013, 08:03 PM
You don't need a badge to be in the outer area, but you will need a badge to get into any panels or events, and the dealers room ... you could just roam the halls if you don't buy a badge, but I dk how entertaining that'll be, lol.

It's alright I'm used not going in those since my cosplay sometimes sucks me dry of money. And usually I don't sit down since if I do people will ask for a photo anyways. I just hope it's not too cold since the only cosplays I have that are not missing anything are rikku (ffx-2 thief) and black rock shooter and maybe kairi. haha thanks :3

Angii
02-23-2013, 01:35 PM
Ahh since my plans have finally gotten finalized for the con, I can actually post them up now. Too many groups to communicate between. @__@ Much less the fact that they all seem to have busy schedules so making 3 groups consisting of all different people is crazy difficult.

I'll have Rei Shingetsu (YGO!ZeXal), Asami Sato, Hope Estheim (FF:XIII), and "Marth" from Fire Emblem Awakening.
I'm also gonna have a Jack Frost cosplay for when I go out with my roomies to eat and on Sunday when I pack up the car, but it's not really gonna be on the con floor. XD;

Zaiten
02-25-2013, 02:29 PM
I think I finally have some idea of who I'm bringing. It's looking like Belldandy(Oh! My Goddess), Tamaki(Ouran), Aerith(FFVII), and Marth(SSBB). Subject to change based on my lazyness but it's a good chance for these.

Edit 3/7: It changed all right. Looks like Celes Chere (FFVI), Tamaki (Ouran), Aerith (FFVII), and Rinoa (FFVIII). May bring Marth if I feel like it but that cape and armor is murder.

Maury V.
03-07-2013, 04:05 AM
I hear K-pop dance group Waveya is performing at AM this year. I currently live in South Korea and i'm going to conduct an interview with them next week. If anyone has any questions they'd like to ask, i'll be more than happy to ask them on your behalf. :)

CrimsonandRoses
03-09-2013, 12:30 AM
Just moved down to Texas and looking forward to my first con here!!! I'll be around as Poison Ivy, Psylocke, and Black Phoenix. Can't wait!!!

Zaiten
03-12-2013, 01:47 PM
Uh oh, we're getting closer guys. It's crunch time now!

yamibakura03
03-12-2013, 03:22 PM
Uh oh, we're getting closer guys. It's crunch time now!

Don't remind me ..>.>
I already started to work on my cosplays and so far its going well :D

Zaiten
03-12-2013, 03:59 PM
Don't remind me ..>.>
I already started to work on my cosplays and so far its going well :D

I'm doing good too. :3 I have the money for all I need to no sewing the morning of the con for me, I hope. Rooms all paid up, ticket is paid, all supplies for cosplays are bought, except maybe some beads and 1 wig from across the street. All in all it's good this time. Just going to sew before work everyday and get it done!

I'm also really excited to see everyone. For anyone I've been talking to, if you'd like to meet up at Matsuri, just send me a message for my number so we can get in touch! :3

yamibakura03
03-12-2013, 04:41 PM
I'm doing good too. :3 I have the money for all I need to no sewing the morning of the con for me, I hope. Rooms all paid up, ticket is paid, all supplies for cosplays are bought, except maybe some beads and 1 wig from across the street. All in all it's good this time. Just going to sew before work everyday and get it done!

I'm also really excited to see everyone. For anyone I've been talking to, if you'd like to meet up at Matsuri, just send me a message for my number so we can get in touch! :3

I don't have a phone (i know it sucks) but Im pretty sure we'll bump into each other somewhere. I will most likely be in the gaming room or at the dealer room looking through stuff :3

Sailor Moon
03-12-2013, 05:40 PM
Yeah ... we've only got about 2.5 weeks @_@ I'm really trying to bust ass to get Black Cat finished this week, god I hope everything goes smoothly, lol.

On another note, I don't think I'll be bringing Live Action Usagi Tsukino anymore, not only is my hair not as long as I thought it would be by now, but I pulled my costume out, and the shirt has a big rip down the front O_o no idea how it happened, but with the material it'd be a total pain to try to fix =/

I dk if I'll try to bring another costume, or just not cosplay on Sunday, but when I figure it out, I'll let ya'll know XD

LadyRoux
03-14-2013, 07:23 PM
if i can nail down my stinking ride from fort worth to houston ill be good. she keeps changing stuff on me.
everything else is set up
this will be my second con and my FIRST con cosplaying
ill be going as harley quinn
my boyfriend is going to be joker.
also a side note....we are going to be getting married during the con ^_^

Zaiten
03-15-2013, 01:05 AM
Good luck on the ride, Roux!

I'm seriously debating on entering the cosplay contest. But I have only until Saturday to decide. I wouldn't even know which cosplay to enter with, either..

yamibakura03
03-15-2013, 01:19 AM
So hows everyone doing?
So far, my skirt came out pretty well and so did the corset. First time making them :3
I have plenty of sewing (mostly details) to do, but I got most of the base work done. I still need to style one wig and I think I won't have Lloyd ready. So I will hold that one off.

Im going to cheat on my shoes and buy some pink legging unless I have plenty of pink fabric to make some boot covers.

Zaiten
03-17-2013, 11:04 PM
I'm crunching it, but with an extra day off this week I think I'll do fine. :3 If I had to guess.. Celes is about 60% done. Maybe more. Rinoa is about 75% done. Aerith is at 95%. Tamaki is 40%. Tamaki is going to be the last one done if I manage the time to sew up the blazer and my patch gets here on time. I may even repair Marth and bring him if I'm up to that heavy cape.

Mistbreeze
03-18-2013, 02:47 PM
I'm so excited I just can't contain it anymore! =D My friends who love cosplay are starting to get sick of me talking about what I have to do or what I have done. So what better place to vent than here.

So I'm doing Miku Magnet version on Friday. I'm about 70% done. I have to finish her hair clips, brush out her wig, and modify my dress to strapless and make it shorter.

I'm going as Princess Tutu on Saturday and it's about 80% done. I have to sew the pink tulle to the tutu and finish the skirt. And fix something on the bodice and make the crown. I have to make it perfect since it's in the cosplay contest as a skit entry. I'm doing a dance skit by myself so there's that to perfect.

The Sunday I don't know... I'll probably go as one of them again.

So I have all that to do plus college plus 2 midterms plus not being a recluse. It'll be a small miracle to pull this off but I'll do it somehow. I would love to hear updates from other people as well it makes feel better that I'm not the only one stressing. I hope to see you at AM. ^.^

loyalkng
03-19-2013, 03:00 AM
ill be going as
kirito- SAO
yata- from K
yahiro- from zetsuen no tempest!

Zaiten
03-19-2013, 03:44 PM
I'm so excited guys! I have the next two days off, so when I get home from work tonight I'm going to start working on everything again. :3 I still don't know what days/times I'll be doing what cosplay but do check out my tumblr for the cosplays so you can spot me and say hello!

Sailor Moon
03-19-2013, 09:02 PM
I'm not so much excited as I am freaking the f out ... I haven't really gotten much at all done to Black Cat, so she's STILL sitting at about 50% ... and we only have about a week and a half left @_@

Gonna try to bust SOMETHING out tonight ... but we'll see how that goes, lol.

Angii
03-19-2013, 10:46 PM
Haha, so much work to be done on my end. XD; Part of me wishes I hadn't gone on that trip over Spring Break, 'cause at least then I'd be close to getting done at this point.
On the other viewpoint of things, though, I'm nearly done with all the things that need to be sewn together, and now have to deal with all the stuff that has to be constructed or painted. Marth, why does your entire outfit have to be made of panels of fabric? It makes everything take 10 times longer. D:

Zaiten
03-20-2013, 12:27 AM
I believe in you guys! (I'll freak at on about.. ohh, Saturday I'm betting.) And Marth has to be annoying because he's Marth. He's awesome like that.

loyalkng
03-20-2013, 01:52 AM
my mahiro fuwa luckily is at 85% done :D and kirito is at 85% as well so its yata haha hopefully i have enough money to get everything :D

Maury V.
03-20-2013, 02:19 AM
Family, I managed to interview Waveya, one of the guests for this year's AM, here in South Korea. Give it a look see when you can. This is a little something you can expect from this young dance team that got over 100 MILLION views on their cover of Gangnam Style.

Waveya interview! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QB5UfT1FXY)

Peace and love!
Maury V.

yamibakura03
03-20-2013, 08:46 AM
gOt tons to work on. Judas was easy, Im almost done with his. Its Harold Im having trouble with, I got all the pieces cut out but I can't find some black fur or dark purple ruffles T.T.

Going to storm the fabric store in downtown houston and see if they have some.

hyrulessavior
03-20-2013, 06:16 PM
It's so soon :3 I am sooo excited eppp my friends are probably tired of me talking about my cosplay ^^ I'm going to cosplay Chii! Anyone interested in a clamp photo? I might suggest that to matsuri I know they have a vocaloid and Pokemon one so there should be a CLAMP ONE TOO! See you Saturday! :DDDD

Angii
03-20-2013, 08:49 PM
Congratulating myself on getting almost all the sewing for Marth done. Now I just have to deal with armor and small props, as well as finishing up my sword's hilt. Gahhh. Everybody is making a habit out of reminding me of how close it is, and I wanna hit 'em! Don't need to be freaking out more than I already am! xD

Astrokid248
03-21-2013, 03:02 PM
Is anyone doing a fancy cosplay video at the con? I know there's a crazy thing involving SyFy and the cosplay contest, plus the WCS and the Marvel contests, but I'm sure someone out there has a slo mo camera and too much techno music.

Sailor Moon
03-24-2013, 11:27 PM
SNAPFU GAIS I GOT IT DONE!

http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3365156/

I can now relax, and finally be able to start getting excited about the con XD

Zaiten
03-27-2013, 05:10 PM
We're almost there guys! Rush those last minute details!

Sailor Moon
03-28-2013, 02:22 PM
This time tomorrow and we'll all be at the con!!!

And it turns out I'm not gonna be able to bring Chii =/ While I got all of the last minute fixes and whatnot done, AM events is preventing me from bringing her, so I'm just going to be in Black Cat Friday and Saturday, haha.