PDA

View Full Version : Signature picture >_<

Fuyuko
02-24-2004, 12:25 PM
Help :waaaah:. I'm having a problem with my Signature picture. It isn't shown as a broken picture. It's originally put on a website I made. I'm wondering if I'm doing something wrong or should I put the picture somewhere else?

zoinomiko
02-24-2004, 01:52 PM
Geocities doesn't allow direct linking, so it won't let you post here. Even if it did, it'd use up all your bandwidth pretty quickly. I suggest either getting a different host or uploading it to your gallery here.

Fuyuko
02-24-2004, 02:14 PM
Thanks Zoinomiko. I'll probably end up uploading it to the gallery. I had no idea about Geocities. Thanks again ^-^.

Kantaris
02-27-2004, 09:39 PM
you could try the old geocities trick. Rename the file with a .txt extension. Then direct link it in your sig with the IMG tag, it would show up as a pictuer

Rune
02-28-2004, 08:31 AM
I would suggest angelfire.com...i keep a site open just to upload images too with the words UNDER CONSTRUCTION in a index.html file so they go and rip it down because there's nothing there....i've done this for years with sig images for quiet a few forums and i've never run out of bandwidth...and 20 megs for pics and what not comes in handy...just an idea for you to kick around. does anyone know what the max size of a sig image is?

Thanks,

Rune

Leon
02-28-2004, 10:14 AM
you could try the old geocities trick. Rename the file with a .txt extension. Then direct link it in your sig with the IMG tag, it would show up as a pictuer

That's the only reason I've kept my old GeoCities account....though, I intend to upgrade my Tripod account soon....

Fuyuko
02-28-2004, 10:50 AM

I gave it a try and it worked ^^. Thanks Kantaris.

Kantaris
02-28-2004, 11:11 AM
no problem, just helpin out. Cool sig by the way...I gotta make a new one for myself now

Rune
02-28-2004, 04:02 PM
nice sig Kan....does anyone know just how big is too big? i don't want to use something too large and cause any problems my first day here

Kantaris
02-28-2004, 04:18 PM
personally, I think your sig is cool.

la_belle
02-28-2004, 08:33 PM
nice sig Kan....does anyone know just how big is too big? i don't want to use something too large and cause any problems my first day here
i think its anything over 8 lines including text