PDA

View Full Version : Shishio from Kenshin

Nyoko
11-12-2002, 03:32 PM
I am helping someone make a shishio Costume and I was just wondering how other people made theres or what is the best way you all can come up with to make it?

I was thinking about just making a lose body sute and put velcro on the back and use medical tape. What do you all think??

Koumori
11-12-2002, 04:38 PM
Why not just wrap yourself up? All of the important bits should be covered by your kimono anyway, and you don't want the bandages to look too loose. If you're worried about skin show-through, you could wear some kind of bodysuit underneath, but I'd want it to be tight-fitting. As for medical tape, I assume you don't mean the self-adhesive kind - that would cling too closely and wouldn't give you the "mummy" look.

Nyoko
11-12-2002, 10:30 PM
The only thing about wraping my friend is that it would have to be done everyday and get exstremly old fast and would take to long, so I was trying to find a way to do it the fastest way, because we dont have the time to do that everyday.

Miaka No Baka
11-13-2002, 02:01 AM
a shishio I know made the thing by sewing strips of muslin together into a body suit shape and from what I hear it was kinda a pain for him to get in it but if you were to make a bunch of strips of fabric sew them together and then cut out a pattern for a body suit and put a zipper down the back it might work.

Miaka no Baka

Koumori
11-13-2002, 07:51 AM
Originally posted by Nyoko
The only thing about wraping my friend is that it would have to be done everyday and get exstremly old fast and would take to long, so I was trying to find a way to do it the fastest way, because we dont have the time to do that everyday.

Well, presumably Shishio has to do it every day. ;) How long exactly is your friend planning to be wearing this costume?

Nyoko
11-13-2002, 10:50 AM
She will be wearing it all three days at Katsucon, all day. and for the dances

Koumori
11-13-2002, 11:33 AM
Well, then it's up to you, of course. I just think it would look strange with a zipper up the back.

Nyoko
11-13-2002, 11:55 AM
Ya I can see that. I will have to come you with a way to cover it then. hook and eyes?? they hold well... and dont look as bad as a zipper...

Koumori
11-13-2002, 12:26 PM
Yeah, that might work nicely. You might do a bodysuit that zips up the back, with attached bandages that can help cover the zipper and attach with hooks or velcro or something like that. Good idea!

Miaka No Baka
11-13-2002, 12:41 PM
would you be even able to see the zipper? cause doesn't he wear some sort of clothing? but you could make an extra longer side in the back sew the zipper where it'd normally go the flap would cover the zipper and you can attach it how you like. Or you could use snap tape that'd work good too.

Miaka no Baka

Koumori
11-13-2002, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by Miaka No Baka
would you be even able to see the zipper? cause doesn't he wear some sort of clothing? but you could make an extra longer side in the back sew the zipper where it'd normally go the flap would cover the zipper and you can attach it how you like. Or you could use snap tape that'd work good too.

He wears a kimono, but it's off one shoulder. You can see his back.

L to the 3rd
11-13-2002, 10:39 PM
omg..shisho???? LOL...
was it Saito or Sano who said that he's a ''wrapped up piece of sh*t".

Makura
11-14-2002, 02:19 PM
Errr...I think that was Sano. That sounds like something Sano would say more than Saito-san...
Anyway, the funniest thing about Nyoko's (and my) friend who's going as Shishio is that it's a girl! We're gonna have to bind her chest every morning. Ne, Nyoko-chan?

Nyoko
11-14-2002, 02:46 PM
thats all up to you and her, I have my own chest to bind....

Well anyway I think that will work, and if it does not, then I will resort to plain two!.....I just have not thought about what plain two is yet....

MarshalBanana
11-14-2002, 03:20 PM
ha ha ha!, shishio sucks, ha ha ha!

Aoshi Shinomori
11-18-2002, 05:04 PM
lol.. it burns.. it burns..

Nyoko
11-19-2002, 01:34 PM
lol *glomps aoshi* and just were have you been? lol Anyways, I have yet to see if it works but I am plaining on it today, so I will let you all know how it goes. ^^

Aoshi Shinomori
11-19-2002, 04:29 PM
heh * is glomped* Ive been around.. so your making a shishio outfit? wow.. have fun.. i wanna see pics heh

Nyoko
11-19-2002, 08:23 PM
Well its not for me, its for the large katsu kenshin group ^^ wich I now have rooms for.

Aoshi Shinomori
11-20-2002, 04:36 PM
oh cool.. so who will be your Aoshi hmm? heh pm me or email me ok.. oh and by the way.. i cut my hair.. its like short now ><

Nyoko
11-20-2002, 06:02 PM
You cut it agen?? can it get shorter... how short is it now??

Ok I want to try somthing still with the origanl plain and if that does not work I will consult you all for more ideas.

Nyoko
11-27-2002, 11:49 AM
Ok what would you all do for bandages?? (man I hate bandage costumes... ~.~)

Koumori
11-27-2002, 12:11 PM
Get a few yards of linen or cotton and start ripping.

Nyoko
11-27-2002, 01:17 PM
fun.... oh well here I go agen. ^^

Aoshi Shinomori
11-29-2002, 01:54 AM
well ill take pics at Japan Expo this weekend so u can see how short my hair is heh. we are going to have a RK gathering.

Nyoko
11-29-2002, 09:50 AM
YAY!! ^^ well have fun and if you see a shishio there take a pic of um for me.