PDA

View Full Version : About the competition in cosplay event.

googgig
02-25-2004, 03:36 AM
Well it's a little serious topic but don't too stress ^๐^

Now in my country. We are discuss about the competition in cosplay event that should have it or not. Now we think that the cosplay event in my country is too commercial. Someone just costume for the money not because they love anime and love to cos.

And the big ploblem is the judge is not fair. Most of the cosplayer can't accept the winner of the some cosplay events.

But I think if there are no competition. We don't have anything to do in the cosplay event. (in my country,the event is not big.)

So should we develop the competition or cut it off. Thank you for advice and sorry about English because i'm not good about English

Eleryth
02-25-2004, 06:14 AM
Hm. Most conventions that I attend don't give monetary prizes. People do it for the recognition, and to know they did something well. Some places give memberships to the convention the following year for the best in show, and ribbons or certificates to everyone else. Perhaps something similar to that should be done - then the competetion is not about money or prizes, but for your own personal goals and community recognition.

Good luck with it all, and your English. It's pretty good, actually. :) Keep it up.

Eriol
02-25-2004, 09:42 AM
A) Most conventions in the U.S. do not offer monetary winnings. Winnings are usually trophies, ribbons, and certificates like Eleryth said. Occasionally, merchandise donated by the dealers is used as prizes.

B) A few conventions don't have ANY awards. It's basically an on-stage presentation. Some people love to be in the spotlight and will just go on-stage and perform, regardless whether there is a prize or not.

Option B is the ultimate level of fairness since no judging takes place. You just go up and have your time in the spotlight.

Koumori
02-25-2004, 10:03 AM
<post deleted - apologies>

googgig
02-28-2004, 05:24 AM
Thank you so much ^^