PDA

View Full Version : Con-G 2013 - 3 days of Fun - Feb 22- 24, 2013

Pages : [1] 2

Dart:Dense Boy
11-23-2012, 04:17 PM
The thread was older from our promo at AN and ConBravo! so I hope this is ok :)

Con-G 2013 - Season 5!
http://con-g.com/
February 22 - 24, 2013
Delta Guelph Hotel

Back for yet another great year only this time with three days - yes Con-G shinangins will be happening from February 22 - 24, 2013 at the Delta Guelph Hotel (the big hotel for those familiar to Guelph - across the street from the hotel we had our first two years at).

We have some great stuff planned for this year :) So stay tuned for more announcements, I probably should update the website first before I post them here :P

Weekend Prices
Regular pre-reg: $30 [Dec 1 - Jan 31]ONLY 1 WEEK LEFT!!!
At the door: $35
Friday only: $15
Saturday only: $25
Sunday only: $15

Our own forums are now back up on the website (including last years posts) and we've managed to keep it the same usernames etc (easy to sign in with facebook, twitter, etc)

Guests for 2013
Rob Paulsen - Voice Actor extraordinaire - too many characters to list but Yakko Warner, Pinky, Raphael (original TMNT) and now Donatello (new TMNT) are just a few
Debs & Errol - Musical guests
Manda “Whitless” Whitney - actor/writer
404's - comedy act
Bennet the Sage - internet personalities
Derek the Bard - internet personalities
Beetlecat - Master fursuiter
Tom “HeIsAnEvilGenius” White - internet personalities
Dawn McKechnie/Kaijugal - Master costumer
Gravely MacCabre - Master costumer and our MC :)
Kevin Chan
Devin “Featherweight” Harrigan
Dr. Holocaust
Amanda “Elemental” Irwin
DJ Janos
Krystal “Kudrel” Messier
Mai Sheri

ShinobiXikyu
11-23-2012, 06:57 PM
I bought my pre-reg at AN. When do I actually get it emailed to me? All I've gotten is the "you've registered but this isn't a con pre-reg" email.

MutantCanuck
11-23-2012, 09:42 PM
I really need to prereg before December....

Rainbowgasm
11-24-2012, 12:02 AM
When do we get confirmation emails? I got 2 tickets a couple weeks ago and all I got was an email each saying payment was cleared..

Anyways, this is most likely my cosplay lineup:
Friday- Zero (Vampire Knight)
Saturday- Alucard (Hellsing)
Sunday- Lambdadelta (Umineko)

11-24-2012, 10:20 AM
If you purchased tickets at AN and ConBravo! - you have received a confirmation email but not the ticket yet - All I can say is sorry it's taking so long (we have some things happening and we are having a discussion to change ticketing services so we don't want to confuse too many people with 2 sets of tickets) Hopefully it will get resolved in a week or 2.

If you purchased tickets online - you should have recieved a ticket - if not let me know and I can pass the info on. (technology and me are not the best of buddies so I don't do that work :P - dense boy and all)

Rainbowgasm
11-24-2012, 12:42 PM
If you purchased tickets at AN and ConBravo! - you have received a confirmation email but not the ticket yet - All I can say is sorry it's taking so long (we have some things happening and we are having a discussion to change ticketing services so we don't want to confuse too many people with 2 sets of tickets) Hopefully it will get resolved in a week or 2.

If you purchased tickets online - you should have recieved a ticket - if not let me know and I can pass the info on. (technology and me are not the best of buddies so I don't do that work :P - dense boy and all)

I purchased mine online and I don't think I've gotten actual tickets...
This is the emails I got:

***This is an automated response - Do Not Reply***

Thank you Name Here for registering for Con-G 2013.

Start time: 5:00 pm

50 Stone Road West
Guelph, Ontario
N1G 0A9
Canada

Phone: 519-780-3700

Google Map: Map and Directions

We hope that you will find this event both informative and enjoyable. Should you have any questions, please contact caity.thompson@gmail.com.

If you have not done so already, please submit your payment in the amount of C$25.00.

Click here to review your payment information View Your Payment Details.

Thank You.

then also an email confirming I paid for both... nothing else... I also emailed the email they told me to and got nothing XP

ktcaines
11-26-2012, 08:13 AM
I didn't get that above automated message, just an email saying the payment has been cleared, and my transaction i.d

Straywind
11-26-2012, 11:15 AM
I didn't get a ticket either. I paid on November 12th (my name is Rebecca) and all I've heard back was that my payment was received. :(

WARPAINTandUnicorns
11-26-2012, 11:42 AM
Payed during Anime North and like most others got just a confirmation email in late June. ;)

I get the feeling that they will send a batch of emails with tickets with everyone.

Ivy Sun
11-26-2012, 09:26 PM
this con is in 3 months and im not seeing a lot of love for it. it makes me rreally sad, :( Im so excited to go! 2nd year!!!
also pd for my ticket at AN and also still waiting for any kind of conformation about it.

Ohannah
11-27-2012, 10:56 AM
I haven't been to Con-G since the first year it was being held.
This time I'll be in the Artist Alley !!!

First time ever selling in the AA and I'm really excited..!!

11-27-2012, 04:02 PM
this con is in 3 months and im not seeing a lot of love for it. it makes me rreally sad, :( Im so excited to go! 2nd year!!!
also pd for my ticket at AN and also still waiting for any kind of conformation about it.

That makes me sad too that you think we don't have a lot of love for it *tear*

You should have received a confirmation email from purchasing a "ticket" at AN - no actual ticket has been sent yet. If you did not receive a confirmation email, please email us at info@con-g.com - we might have the wrong email address.

WARPAINTandUnicorns
11-27-2012, 04:29 PM
An actually sub forum would promote cosplay gathering request, but there is a tone of love for this con.

BTW I'm opening request up for what I should wear on Friday out of what I've already made. I'm think of Merida, Yukio, or Jack as they are warmer costumes to wear. ;)

Also be carrying frust shape candy and Star candy in masons jars and cupcake shaped truffles around on Saturday as I won't be going to D-TAC in December. lol

I have to remind myself to wrap those truffles individually in cellophane the week before going.

Ivy Sun
11-27-2012, 08:17 PM
what i mean by "not a lot of love" is there isnt a lot of talking and posting in the forums. thats all i ment not anything bad just not a lot of talking between people. sorry for the confuson!

SuperBee
11-27-2012, 08:44 PM
An actually sub forum would promote cosplay gathering request, but there is a tone of love for this con.

BTW I'm opening request up for what I should wear on Friday out of what I've already made. I'm think of Merida, Yukio, or Jack as they are warmer costumes to wear. ;)

Also be carrying frust shape candy and Star candy in masons jars and cupcake shaped truffles around on Saturday as I won't be going to D-TAC in December. lol

I have to remind myself to wrap those truffles individually in cellophane the week before going.

Agreed. And I like candy!!!

My brother... for the most part has decided on Skyrim inspired cosplays. I figure that it is a warmer cosplay AND an excuse to wear my awesome fur boots. Faux fur that is but still toasty. Note on that... I have to start that... lots of hand sewing involved.

KittyCanuck
11-28-2012, 02:42 PM
!! ATTENTION !!

We have switched to a new, better ticketing system to make it quicker and easier for you to sign in when you arrive at Con-G.

If you pre-registered ONLINE prior to Nov. 26th: This means you will receive a NEW TICKET in your email through our new ticketing partner, Ticketbud.com. It will be sent to the email address you used to register online. Your old ticket is now NULL and VOID and cannot be used at Con-G by you or any other person.

If you pre-registered IN PERSON at Anime North or ConBravo!: You will receive your ticket through Tickedbud to the email address you provided to us at the convention.

If you pre-registered online on or after Nov. 26th: Do nothing. You are A-OK!

If you Tickedbud ticket says something like "thank you for your payment of $0.00", just ignore that. We know you've already paid the proper amount, or else you wouldn't be getting a ticket this way at all. ;)

**** Please print out the new Ticketbud ticket, or display it on your smartphone when you come to Con-G to sign in. ****

Ticketbud tickets will be sent out within the next few days. If you do not receive your Ticketbud ticket by December 8th, please check your spam filter, and then email info@con-g.com and we will resolve it for you.

We deeply apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Nightwitch-Kat
11-28-2012, 04:23 PM
So excited I just got mine!

kawaiilove
11-30-2012, 11:41 AM
I'm officially going!

MutantCanuck
11-30-2012, 03:43 PM
I'm officially going!

Yay!

zeekayart
11-30-2012, 06:42 PM
So excited for Con-G!! Have my hotel booked and my ticket bought, woo!

MDA
11-30-2012, 08:26 PM
Tickets bought at AN, hotel is booked, costumes are in the making. I am well on my way for this convention. Just need that blasted transportation issue figured out. That's all that remains :P

Friday: Vincent Valentine (Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children)
Saturday: Final Form Xemnas (Kingdom Hearts II)
Sunday: Rydia (Final Fantasy IV)

SO EXCITED!!!! THIRD YEAR GOING! 8D

ShinobiXikyu
11-30-2012, 08:44 PM
EEE! You're cosplaying Vincent Valentine???

KittyCanuck
12-01-2012, 01:12 AM
It's December 1st!

Earlybird pre-reg is now closed. Regular pre-reg is now open, but it's only $30 for the full weekend!

SuperBee
12-01-2012, 08:47 AM
So excited for Con-G!! Have my hotel booked and my ticket bought, woo!

I LOVE your Cybersix! OH MY WORD!!!

Rainbowgasm
12-01-2012, 10:02 AM
I got my new tickets last night! :) happy! :)
My cosplays are going well too... Lambda's been done since September, but I will have to fix a few TINY things before the con, but I can do that the day before honestly...
Alucard I just need to make the trench coat now and hat cover, and waiting for my gloves and glasses in the mail, and my Seras is making my Cassul and Jackel...
I THINK our 3rd cosplay is going to be Vampire Knight (Zero for me) but we'll see, it depends if our Yuki can come Friday... we might still do it since the manga is ending like the next week, but we might also do something else... we'll see XP

MDA
12-01-2012, 12:01 PM
EEE! You're cosplaying Vincent Valentine???

Yep! I have the base boots (my old steel toe work boots - needed to be replaced, but I don't want to get rid of them, so they're being used for Vincent), all the armour materials, cape is half done, all my fabric, a wig. I'm good to go for him :) All I need is another pair of leather gloves.

Oh and need to make buckles... but the decorative ones will be done with foam and cardboard :P

ShinobiXikyu
12-01-2012, 11:09 PM
Yep! I have the base boots (my old steel toe work boots - needed to be replaced, but I don't want to get rid of them, so they're being used for Vincent), all the armour materials, cape is half done, all my fabric, a wig. I'm good to go for him :) All I need is another pair of leather gloves.

Oh and need to make buckles... but the decorative ones will be done with foam and cardboard :P

I can't wait to see it! *bigVincentfangirl* Are you doing the Advent Children, original game, or Dirge of Cerberus version?

Ohannah
12-03-2012, 11:42 AM
I have a question!~

For people that are in the Artist Alley do we have to sign-in on the Friday to receive our badge or will we get a regular ticket in our email?

( Sorry I'm a first year )

MDA
12-03-2012, 07:59 PM
I can't wait to see it! *bigVincentfangirl* Are you doing the Advent Children, original game, or Dirge of Cerberus version?

I'm taking a bit from Dirge of Cerberus, but mostly from Advent Children. I'm even going to try and have the gun. Assuming it wants to cooperate with me. *isn't the greatest with props, but managed the steampunk gun*

SuperBee
12-03-2012, 09:33 PM
Is it possible that not all the emails went out? I got my ticket, my broth may not have gotten his. Then again getting a straight answer out of him is like pulling teeth from a tiger. I will let you know for sure....

ShinobiXikyu
12-03-2012, 11:35 PM
Yeah, I'm still waiting on my email... (AN pre-reg, here.)

12-04-2012, 11:26 AM
I have a question!~

For people that are in the Artist Alley do we have to sign-in on the Friday to receive our badge or will we get a regular ticket in our email?

( Sorry I'm a first year )

When you show up on Friday there will be a line for Artist/dealers/guest etc so you'll be able to get your AA badge :)

Is it possible that not all the emails went out? I got my ticket, my broth may not have gotten his. Then again getting a straight answer out of him is like pulling teeth from a tiger. I will let you know for sure....

Yeah, I'm still waiting on my email... (AN pre-reg, here.)

Not all the emails have been sent out yet - you will receive them by the 8th - if you don't then let us know :) I know we've gotten through the ConBravo! and earlier online pre-reg emails but we've haven't gotten through the AN ones (soo many :eeek:).

Ohannah
12-04-2012, 04:38 PM
Awesome!! Thank you! <3

Looking forward to the convention! <3

SuperBee
12-06-2012, 08:27 PM
My brother did not get his ticket as of yet. I told him to let me know if he gets it.

hourqueen
12-07-2012, 03:16 AM
My friend got her table so we are going for sure. Just waiting to get paid so we can book the hotel :o)

Rainbowgasm
12-07-2012, 11:04 PM
My friend got her table so we are going for sure. Just waiting to get paid so we can book the hotel :o)

why are you waiting until you're paid? They don't take any money from you until checkout...

MDA
12-08-2012, 12:16 PM
HUZZAH!
Transportation issue: Solved
Hotel: Changed to my name since my friend who booked can't go anymore
Costumes: Underway
Ticket: Booked & RECEIVED!

Just need to fill the fourth space! Waiting on another friend for an answer if she wants to come with.

It shall be a good Con-G indeed.

KakeraのTsuki
12-08-2012, 03:23 PM
Hotel is booked, got the AA table and pass, ride shouldn't be an issue... all as planned! =)

Not sure if I'll be wearing cosplay at the con, but if I am, it'll probably be Esther from Trinity Blood for comfort sake haha~ Otherwise, I'll be wearing lolita.

Cole
12-08-2012, 09:12 PM
I have a few questions regarding panels. Back in September, I filled out the form on the con-g site to run a panel, but I never heard anything back from that. I'm not sure if my inquiry was received at all, or if it was and was rejected.
Has there been any talk of panels yet? Have any panel suggestions been reviewed yet? Will notices of confirmation or rejection be sent out soon?

ShinobiXikyu
12-08-2012, 09:53 PM
Woohoo! Got my ticket. And I finally made some legit progress on Quorra.

hourqueen
12-09-2012, 02:46 AM
why are you waiting until you're paid? They don't take any money from you until checkout...

I still like to have the money before hand when I'm going to be spending a large sum of money. Plus, if I have money from everyone before hand I can kind of guarantee that no one will be ditching out on us.

kawaiilove
12-09-2012, 09:12 PM
I'm going to get my pass soon!
Not sure on the costumes though :/

Ohannah
12-10-2012, 02:39 PM
I've stumbled across a problem..
I do not have a hotel room xDD

If anyone has space in their room and wouldn't mind me rooming with them please please let me know.
I'll be cosplaying as Suppi ( kigurumi ) and i won't have much stuff with me.
Just a suitcase with my Arist Alley stuff..
I'll pay my share and give you free arts >3<)bb
I'm looking for Friday and Saturday night.

Thannnkkk youu!! <3

HareyuNanami
12-12-2012, 03:22 AM
Just booked my hotel room =D
and working on my cosplay! going to be Ice Princess Fionna from Adventure Time =D

sailormoonfan14
12-12-2012, 10:55 PM
I've got my cosplay line up ready! Chun li on Friday, This version of Chii on saturday: http://i01.i.aliimg.com/wsphoto/v0/450832975/TF-costume-CLAMP-Chobits-Chii-luxurious-dress-COSPLAY-COSTUME-Dress-any-size-Cosplay-Japanese-Anime-white.jpg

and lolita on sunday! I've already ordered wigs and started working, now i just need to find a photographer haha XD

xwhiterosewutai
12-13-2012, 06:10 PM
PRE REG'D AND READY TO GO
Just kinda need my costume...
But I might be going as the 11th Doctor from Doctor Who, or depending on progress, Flygon.
Might go as Franzy from Ace Attorney one day, too

Chipface
12-16-2012, 09:03 AM
I can't wait. I'll be cosplaying as Fry with my girlfriend as Leela, time skip Zoro from One Piece and Ichigo from Bleach in his fullbring shinigami outfit.

sweet_kat22
12-16-2012, 09:20 AM
OMG chipface I can't wait to see your futurama cosplays that will be awesome
I looove futurama. I may consider joining if I dont think of anything else. (maybe Amy?) Too bad my boyfriend doesn't want to go to Con-G. (hes only going to AN because he wants to do the Disney cosplay)

SuperBee
12-16-2012, 10:42 AM
I can't wait. I'll be cosplaying as Fry with my girlfriend as Leela, time skip Zoro from One Piece and Ichigo from Bleach in his fullbring shinigami outfit.

Hmmm that might persuade me to finish bender! Futurama is kind of awesome

sweet_kat22
12-16-2012, 10:47 AM
If you made Bender we would have a lot of the group with Fry, Leela, Amy and Bender that would rule! If we had a group I would be in for sure. It would be a lot of fun guys.

ShinobiXikyu
12-16-2012, 02:22 PM
OMG, I can't wait to see that! I love Futurama!

Anaru
12-16-2012, 03:11 PM
My plans for going to Con-G fell through last year... but I think this year I can go on the Saturday! Still no idea who I'm cosplaying, but I'm excited!

SuperBee
12-16-2012, 08:37 PM
If you made Bender we would have a lot of the group with Fry, Leela, Amy and Bender that would rule! If we had a group I would be in for sure. It would be a lot of fun guys.

I started Bender last year, but due to the crap weather I never finished... maybe worth a shot this time round?

sweet_kat22
12-16-2012, 09:28 PM
Yeah that would be cool.

MutantCanuck
12-26-2012, 01:50 PM
Wondering whether I should cosplay Tris from Divergent (awesome book series) or Beatrice Castiglioni from Umineko (a VN series I'm slowly getting into.) Both would need seperate wigs, unless I cheat and give them the same....

sailormoonfan14
12-26-2012, 10:12 PM
Hi, just wondering, i sent 2 emails, one a while ago and one more recently about hosting a lolita fashion panel at con-g 2013. When will i get a reply about that?

Rainbowgasm
12-26-2012, 10:39 PM
Wondering whether I should cosplay Tris from Divergent (awesome book series) or Beatrice Castiglioni from Umineko (a VN series I'm slowly getting into.) Both would need seperate wigs, unless I cheat and give them the same....

we are going to be hosting a Umineko tea party on Sunday (might not be an actual panel, as I've submitted the forms and got no response :() hosted by Rainbowgasm Cosplay and Crochet is Magic, and I know we have 2 Beatrice's already, but its open to anyone (if its a panel, if not, I'm not sure if we're allowed to just... do it in a seating area or something?) so you are welcome to join us!

MutantCanuck
12-26-2012, 11:04 PM
we are going to be hosting a Umineko tea party on Sunday (might not be an actual panel, as I've submitted the forms and got no response :() hosted by Rainbowgasm Cosplay and Crochet is Magic, and I know we have 2 Beatrice's already, but its open to anyone (if its a panel, if not, I'm not sure if we're allowed to just... do it in a seating area or something?) so you are welcome to join us!

I do believe you just influenced my choice. And hey, this Beatrice is the original ;P Besides, how many Bice's do you ever see?

SuperBee
12-27-2012, 10:10 AM
Question about the pokemon:

For the DS game battle... my mission is to not epically fail this year... are we playing black/white 2? or the first one?

Rainbowgasm
12-27-2012, 10:28 AM
I do believe you just influenced my choice. And hey, this Beatrice is the original ;P Besides, how many Bice's do you ever see?

lol well I think we have Silent Beato and Elder (suit) Beato... I'm not 100% sure as my Beato has been talking about it with the other Beato, but they are both being Beato XP... we also have Endless Sorcerer Battler, Maria and I'm undecided, i could do normal Battler, try to get together B.Battler or I could do Lambdadelta...

Cole
12-27-2012, 11:00 AM
I am sorry to ask this again, but has there been any word on panels yet? Has anyone who submitted a panel form gotten any response?

MutantCanuck
12-27-2012, 11:18 AM
lol well I think we have Silent Beato and Elder (suit) Beato... I'm not 100% sure as my Beato has been talking about it with the other Beato, but they are both being Beato XP... we also have Endless Sorcerer Battler, Maria and I'm undecided, i could do normal Battler, try to get together B.Battler or I could do Lambdadelta...

Never too many Beatos! Ahaha.wav! >.> <.< But yeah, any other costume is too intricate to make on my school schedule,budget and expertise right now. Plus I like the idea of cosplaying the woman who started it all. XD

mokulen22
12-27-2012, 12:26 PM
I am sorry to ask this again, but has there been any word on panels yet? Has anyone who submitted a panel form gotten any response?

I have heard nothing back from them...they E-mailed me about a plushie workshop over a month ago then ziipppooo reply back. Perhaps, I'm use to dealing with larger cons now that I get peeved with unprofessional-ism like this..but it just turned me right off wanting to do it.

Rainbowgasm
12-27-2012, 01:56 PM
Never too many Beatos! Ahaha.wav! >.> <.< But yeah, any other costume is too intricate to make on my school schedule,budget and expertise right now. Plus I like the idea of cosplaying the woman who started it all. XD

Indeed! :) You're welcome to join us at any point in the day, and during the panel if we get a response soon... I just sent them a more detailed email that a friend of mine came up with (she can't make it but she runs lots of things like this at other cons, so she knows how to word it and will help us plan even if she can't come!) if we dont get a panel, or even if we do, we'll probably have a photoshoot with some of the run around photogs at the con for sure! :)

MutantCanuck
12-27-2012, 03:01 PM
Indeed! :) You're welcome to join us at any point in the day, and during the panel if we get a response soon... I just sent them a more detailed email that a friend of mine came up with (she can't make it but she runs lots of things like this at other cons, so she knows how to word it and will help us plan even if she can't come!) if we dont get a panel, or even if we do, we'll probably have a photoshoot with some of the run around photogs at the con for sure! :)

Only thing I'm worrying about is the wig. Her hair is serious business. Why are all the costumes so detailed besides Biche's? Ahhhhhh. >.<

MutantCanuck
12-27-2012, 07:14 PM
Thinking of switching to Lion, if I can get someone to make it instead. Ai yah.

Rainbowgasm
12-27-2012, 09:42 PM
Thinking of switching to Lion, if I can get someone to make it instead. Ai yah.

Lion is cool too! :) I haven't read as far as some of my friends (I'm on the first volume of manga and I watched the anime) but I know Lion is pretty cool!

MutantCanuck
12-27-2012, 11:54 PM
Lion is cool too! :) I haven't read as far as some of my friends (I'm on the first volume of manga and I watched the anime) but I know Lion is pretty cool!

I know the whole plot, though going through each VN will obviously deepen it. I'm being naughty and starting with 7. XD And my friend is going to make it for me. She's in New Hampshire, but everything is still awesome. She gets paid, I get awesome cosplay. I have to get the wig though. XD

12-28-2012, 09:22 AM
Just an update for panelists. I'm very sorry - we're had some issues with our panelist coordinator this year. :bigcry:

You should be hearing back from me by the end of the weekend - again I'm very, very sorry about the delay in responses as it means the world to us to have the kind of panelists we have at Con-G. Thank you for your patience.

ShinobiXikyu
12-28-2012, 12:03 PM
Ought to have the non-lit portions of Quorra done by the end of next week, and Twilight Sparkle almost done by the end of next week.
I do have a question involving the masquerade, though- since I plan on competing with Quorra, to show off the lights in full for a few moments I'd want the stage lights cut/dimmed as low as possible during. Is that possible with the stage's setup? Also, I may need my boyfriend to help me out with the switches, battery replacement, etc. while in the green room (not 100%, it'll depend how long my batteries last and where my switches end up). He's not competing, though, so he'd be something more like a handler, but not needed on or exiting the stage. Is that allowed?

Ivy Sun
12-28-2012, 04:37 PM
thank you everyone for listing all your cosplays it has inspired to go work on mine!
@MDA I have some one that can fill the last spot if you dont have any one yet. I will fb you too.

SuperBee
12-29-2012, 10:50 AM
I hate to repeat but: which pokemon version will be used in the tournament?

Also a question about panels. I have read some of the suggestions and if there is room I could volunteer to do a skill (knitting, crochet, etc etc) if there is time available? I know that you need to email on the site. Are times given to you or assigned?

12-30-2012, 09:08 PM
I hate to repeat but: which pokemon version will be used in the tournament?

Also a question about panels. I have read some of the suggestions and if there is room I could volunteer to do a skill (knitting, crochet, etc etc) if there is time available? I know that you need to email on the site. Are times given to you or assigned?

Sorry I had to check with the people running the pokemon tourney :)
5th generation game: that is, Pokemon Black, White, Black 2 or White 2

To suggest a panel - just use the email form on the website :)

SuperBee
12-30-2012, 09:59 PM
Sorry I had to check with the people running the pokemon tourney :)
5th generation game: that is, Pokemon Black, White, Black 2 or White 2

To suggest a panel - just use the email form on the website :)

Thank you for getting back! That means I need to put away Paper Mario and get Pokemon 2 (starting out fresh might be a good choice).

I did suggest a panel - even offered to run it :) That is if anyone made sense of my jot-notes...

12-30-2012, 10:28 PM
Okay so I think i've gotten back to everyone who emailed us (with the exception of the past few days, still have a few of those to do). If anyone hasn't heard back from us, please resubmit your panel idea - I'm concerned our site is eating forms again.

Again thanks for everyone's patience in regards to this matter!!!

Also looking forward to Jan to release some of our guests *evil grin*

MutantCanuck
12-31-2012, 02:21 PM
Okay so I think i've gotten back to everyone who emailed us (with the exception of the past few days, still have a few of those to do). If anyone hasn't heard back from us, please resubmit your panel idea - I'm concerned our site is eating forms again.

Guests, woot! Now is that early Jan., middle or late? I'm picky. :P And excited!

SuperBee
01-01-2013, 10:56 AM

Thanks! I hope mine didn't get eaten from the site monster.

Stupid excited for Con-G! Great guests last year (even though I can't stand ponies).

*is it possible to suggest another panel? I gots another idea!

WARPAINTandUnicorns
01-02-2013, 10:33 AM
Back from holidays and sickness. (why do i always get sick after meeting with both sides of the family >_<)

It's time to get cosplay cracking! Need to dig out my patterns but probably won't touch the sewing machine till Sunday. lol

ShinobiXikyu
01-02-2013, 03:36 PM
I just have to sew the waistband/fasteners and pocket on my Twilight Sparkle skirt and make her horn (and my shoulderbag, I probably won't have done on time, but it's not needed).... and do a lot more for Quorra. Mid-January it's time to get the wiring done and I'll be spending ages sewing things onto the suit to finish. Plus I still have to style the wig and get started on altering the boots.

MutantCanuck
01-02-2013, 04:23 PM
Woo, switching around ideas for cosplaying Umineko based on the shoes. Stupid hard to find shoes....

Rainbowgasm
01-02-2013, 05:12 PM
I'm finished my Alucard costume for Saturday, so now all I have to do it decide wether to be Battler or Lambdadelta for Sunday for the Umineko stuff...

MutantCanuck
01-02-2013, 08:12 PM
I'm finished my Alucard costume for Saturday, so now all I have to do it decide wether to be Battler or Lambdadelta for Sunday for the Umineko stuff...

I'm going as Lion, so whatever floats your boat. Lambdadelta would be cool, at least in my head. But it's your choice.

siyrean
01-04-2013, 05:39 AM
looks like my group is doing DC villians(ugh) ...I mean yay being part of a group! Gotta loose 10lb's to look presentable in a catsuit. I'm working on convincing them to do a closet Once Upon a Time cosplay as well, or maybe through in some steampunk.

SuperBee
01-04-2013, 08:58 AM
looks like my group is doing DC villians(ugh) ...I mean yay being part of a group! Gotta loose 10lb's to look presentable in a catsuit. I'm working on convincing them to do a closet Once Upon a Time cosplay as well, or maybe through in some steampunk.

Once upon a Time is awesome and should be done!

Finally bought stuffs for Skyrim.... Faux Fur is expensive....

Cole
01-04-2013, 02:16 PM

Which DC villains will your group be doing?

MDA
01-04-2013, 10:34 PM
I'm switching to doing Vincent Valentine as a woman - the pants and shirt material weren't accurate for doing him properly so woman it is.... but at least when I do him properly in the future, all I'll have to actually make is the pants and shirt. Vincent's also being turned into a woman due to all the work I have to do on Jinx, Rydia, and Xemnas.

ShinobiXikyu
01-04-2013, 11:15 PM
ARGH! I can't find the pieces I cut out for my Quorra boots...I reallllly need to get them done this weekend so I'd better not have left them at my Mom's house! And on top of which, handsew the waistband of Twilight Sparkle's skirt and the pocket, and try and finish the hoof pieces.

SuperBee
01-06-2013, 09:43 PM
Oh my goodness! Started the Skyrim cosplays. Vinyl work is a pain in the rear especially the blisters I have been getting (on my hands, not my rear...). Bro's warrior is going well, the vest is sewn, and some of the medallions are drying, but attaching them will be another story... I started my quiver and I need to strengthen it somehow... Also started crocheting a belt for the archer. I have never played Skyrim so I am just going off pictures and there really isn't one with an archer so I am winging it.

Oh AND I am training my pokemans :P

KakeraのTsuki
01-06-2013, 11:23 PM
I'm going to see if I can get a shinseki yori girls uniform done by this con. P:

Not sure if I want to be maria or saki yet lol.

WARPAINTandUnicorns
01-07-2013, 10:38 AM
Love that show! Maria got those crazy legging.

http://www.emptyblue.it/data/wallpaper/ShinSekaiYori/shin_sekai_yori_92.jpg

KakeraのTsuki
01-07-2013, 11:03 AM
Love that show! Maria got those crazy legging.

http://www.emptyblue.it/data/wallpaper/ShinSekaiYori/shin_sekai_yori_92.jpg

Yes! I love those haha. <3 It'll be a nice comfy costume to do artist alley in, too. =) Hopefully I have time to get it done.

WARPAINTandUnicorns
01-07-2013, 11:09 AM
When in doubt you cold commission it now. ^_^
http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?p=4581071#post4581071

KakeraのTsuki
01-07-2013, 11:24 AM

Yep, I saw those on taobao and I'm gonna use their product pictures to plan my own. XD I have all the fabric in my stash though so I figured it'd be better to make a dent in my stash than to buy one. haha.

siyrean
01-09-2013, 04:19 AM
am i correctly reading the Delta website and that the bloc is sold out? the BW doesn't have a con g option so before i bother calling, is the con rate still available there?

Which DC villains will your group be doing?
looks like they're changing their minds now. but if we still do, it'll be catwoman, poison ivy, red hood, and scarecrow.

sweet_kat22
01-09-2013, 08:36 AM
Oh man I've been so busy with frostcon I have forgotten about getting a room for con-g
This is what happens when I plan too many cons :p I prob wont end up going
because of M-tac right after. Hope you all have fun :) Maybe next year.

DireKitty
01-09-2013, 08:53 AM

cosplaysky seems to have some nice stuff on their websites...

WARPAINTandUnicorns
01-09-2013, 10:16 AM
^ I notice that too. Have not heard a thing about them as a seller, but they do a good job as showing the costume designs off.

(Their Yin dress has nice details to it as well lol)
http://cosplaysky.com/darker-than-black-yin-cosplay-costume-outfit.html

MaiSheri
01-09-2013, 03:18 PM
am i correctly reading the Delta website and that the bloc is sold out? the BW doesn't have a con g option so before i bother calling, is the con rate still available there?

I booked over the phone a few days ago and got the con rate, for what that's worth.

zeekayart
01-09-2013, 04:27 PM
@siyrean - The online reg has been buggy, it said sold out months ago too, just call the Delta and they should be able to help you :D!

And now, for the reason I came to this thread... THE GUEST ANNOUNCEMENT OF ROB PAULSEN!! (http://con-g.com/2013/guest-spotlight-rob-paulsen-narf/) OH MY GOD!! I HAVE NEVER BEEN THIS EXCITED FOR A GUEST.

SuperBee
01-09-2013, 05:48 PM
And now, for the reason I came to this thread... THE GUEST ANNOUNCEMENT OF ROB PAULSEN!! (http://con-g.com/2013/guest-spotlight-rob-paulsen-narf/) OH MY GOD!! I HAVE NEVER BEEN THIS EXCITED FOR A GUEST.

YES YES DITTO *narf*

I loved Pinky and the Brain growing up!!!

MutantCanuck
01-09-2013, 07:10 PM
He is part of my childhood. I'm already starting to practice nations of the world. XD

Rainbowgasm
01-09-2013, 11:19 PM
lol i feel really weird not knowing who this is... I honestly don't know anything about this guy... never watched TMNT as a kid, never watched Pinky and the Brain other then a few episodes in the background of something else... so I have no idea who this guy is... and because of that, I'm disappointed... but I guess if others like him thats what matters, not everyone can be happy XP

MDA
01-10-2013, 12:04 AM
OMG MY CHILDHOOD!!!!

I need him to sign something O_O Even if I have to find a picture of one of the characters he's voiced off the internet and present it to him!

Can you tell I'm a fan?

zeekayart
01-10-2013, 01:52 AM
@rainbowgasm Really?? Never watched Animaniacs? Hahaha my childhood was a steady diet of Animaniacs, Freakazoid, and Pinky and the Brain so I'm really excited!! And I've been watching the new TMNT and he's great as Donnie (my favourite turtle in this series :D) so that doubles the excitement! I have to draw a TMNT print for him to sign now! The only thing that would make this more awesome would be Maurice LaMarche coming too... I can dream!!

@MDA HAHA yes!! I have so much respect for this man! Just to be in the same general area as him will be awesome lol.

@mutant Yes omg hahaha! I hope he has some stories about the industry to tell us :D!

sweet_kat22
01-10-2013, 08:34 AM
My boyfriend's childhood - pinky and the brain :p too bad I can't go maybe
if I get some money.

SuperBee
01-10-2013, 08:58 AM
OMG MY CHILDHOOD!!!!

I need him to sign something O_O Even if I have to find a picture of one of the characters he's voiced off the internet and present it to him!

Can you tell I'm a fan?

I know! I tried to hit ebay last night.... then the internet went down -.-

@rainbowgasm Really?? Never watched Animaniacs? Hahaha my childhood was a steady diet of Animaniacs, Freakazoid, and Pinky and the Brain so I'm really excited!! And I've been watching the new TMNT and he's great as Donnie (my favourite turtle in this series :D) so that doubles the excitement! I have to draw a TMNT print for him to sign now! The only thing that would make this more awesome would be Maurice LaMarche coming too... I can dream!!!

Freakazoid yesssssss!!!!

WARPAINTandUnicorns
01-10-2013, 09:17 AM
^ Are you on Rogers? I was pissed thinking my modem was toasted(burnt out) all night as noting was coming in. I was just down until 11pm. >_<

SuperBee
01-10-2013, 09:33 AM
^ Are you on Rogers? I was pissed thinking my modem was toasted(burnt out) all night as noting was coming in. I was just down until 11pm. >_<

Yea I am.. Bro is too. Sounds like most of southern Ontario was out (including cell phones). Was slightly annoying, I thought I had a virus...

01-10-2013, 09:47 AM
Lol at you guys :P You beat me to it.

Yes we have announced a few other guests as well - so you may want to check out out webpage :P And a few more have yet to be announced.

But our Guest of Honour this year is Rob Paulsen - VA extraordinaire :) and chances are if you don't know the name you know a few of the characters he's voiced over the years :) not to mention he's a award winning voice actor!

*ahem*
Snow job, Trip wire, american ghost, etc - GI Joe (original 1980's version)
Hadji (original jonny quest series) AND the real adventures of jonny quest
Slingshot, Air Raid, Chase etc - Original Transformers
Gladstone Gander - DuckTales
Boober Fraggle / Marjory / Sprocket - Fraggle Rock
Flash / Female Panda / Heebee - chip N dale rescue rangers
Voices in dino-riders
Voices in denver the last dinosaur
Dr. Debolt / Ratchet / Khan Pilot - Talespin
Gusto Gummi / Knight / Minstrel, etc - Gummi Bears
Rapheal - the original Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Steelbeak / Flarg / Barada - Darkwing Duck
P.J. Pete / Biff Fuddled / Bob, etc - Goof Troop
Arnold the Pit Bull / Concord Condor / Fowlmouth, etc - Tiny Toon Adventures
Mr. Normanmeyer / Uncle Cleaver / Underman, etc - Adams Family Cartoon
Ma's Henchman / Pig / Stand Up Comedian, etc - Bonkers
Squishington - Bump in the Night
Timothy Platypus / Axl / Didgeri Dingo, - Taz-Mania
Spike - Land Before Time 2& 3 at least (not sure about the rest of them :razz:)
Throttle - Biker Mice From Mars
Yakko Warner - animaniacs
Banzai the Hyena / Cheetato / Peter-Lorre Husband,etc - Timon and Pumbaa tv show
Arthur / Caped Chameleon / Captain Mucilage - The Tick
Stanley Ipkiss / The Mask - The Mask TV Shows
Hydro-Man - Spiderman 1990 series
Pinky - Pinky and the Brain
Rothchild / Cole Lampkin, etc - Samurai Jack
Lightray / Helmsman - Justice League
Major Glory / Bully #3 / Puppet Pal Clem - Dexter's Lab
Boomer / Brick / Brick & Boomer, etc - Powerpuff girls
Carl Wheezer - The Adventures of Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius
Gordon - Cat Scratch
Jack Fenton, The Box Ghost, Nicolai Technus, etc - Danny Phantom
Francois / Hank Perkins / 'Man Overboard' Host, etc - Kim Possible
Rezard / Shen - new thundercats
Rhomboid Vreedle / Baz-El - Ben 10
Donatello - 2012 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
and about a bajillion other shows :P
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0667326/

okay i'm done for now :P

HidoshiNobunaga
01-10-2013, 03:51 PM
I knew about a handful of his roles, but HOLY BALLS, dude is amazing!

Now to find the single most embarrassing piece of merchandise for him to sign.

Rainbowgasm
01-10-2013, 06:32 PM
@rainbowgasm Really?? Never watched Animaniacs? Hahaha my childhood was a steady diet of Animaniacs, Freakazoid, and Pinky and the Brain so I'm really excited!! And I've been watching the new TMNT and he's great as Donnie (my favourite turtle in this series :D) so that doubles the excitement! I have to draw a TMNT print for him to sign now! The only thing that would make this more awesome would be Maurice LaMarche coming too... I can dream!!

lol I never saw any of those shows on a regular enough basis to know or care who voiced everyone XP heck I didn't care who voiced who in anime until like a year or two ago and I've been going to cons since 2005!

SuperBee
01-10-2013, 07:34 PM
I knew about a handful of his roles, but HOLY BALLS, dude is amazing!

Now to find the single most embarrassing piece of merchandise for him to sign.

Ninja turtles underpants!

HidoshiNobunaga
01-10-2013, 08:10 PM
...I need a Pinky and the Brain thong.

MaiSheri
01-11-2013, 12:53 AM
...I need a Pinky and the Brain thong.

Get me the thong and I'll totally paint Pinky and the Brain on it. ~_^

Also hadn't realized just how much of my childhood he had a hand in - Fraggles? The Tick? Even Powerpuff Girls???

SuperBee
01-11-2013, 09:04 AM
Final Fantasy X-2 (Video Game)
Tobli/Lian Ronso (voice: English version) <------ I wanted to stab that guy!

Since he also played Carl Weezer - what about an inhaler?

He was Mighty Max?! Man... I feel old...

MutantCanuck
01-12-2013, 04:48 PM
OMG, why can't there be a non-voiced over Legend of the Golden Witch available. I'm too nervous to download through Witch-Hunt....

Rainbowgasm
01-12-2013, 05:10 PM
OMG, why can't there be a non-voiced over Legend of the Golden Witch available. I'm too nervous to download through Witch-Hunt....

the manga's first volume is out in Canada if that helps... its like 600 pages lol XP its under Umineko: When They Cry

MutantCanuck
01-12-2013, 05:29 PM
the manga's first volume is out in Canada if that helps... its like 600 pages lol XP its under Umineko: When They Cry

I have the first volume, or half of the full manga, yeah. I'm trying to psyche myself to upload the demo. My anxiety is just getting the better of me.

MutantCanuck
01-12-2013, 05:47 PM
I uploaded the demo with no problem! You should try it too, Rainbow XD

MutantCanuck
01-12-2013, 06:19 PM
I'm downloading the first four games (they're packaged together) as I type. So excited XD

MDA
01-12-2013, 10:10 PM
Finally got to work on Rydia. Bodysuit, and the two hip scarves are done.

Now for armlets, jewelry, and capes. And the boot covers too. Sewing is easy, but it's the details that will take time.

Vincent I'll go back to work on tomorrow and try and get the cape finished. And the shirt. Which pissed me off when I sewed the sleeve so I kinda threw it >>

And Xemnas I'll see about finishing the lining and getting the hood done. And then... LOTS AND LOTS of drawing to be done!

Yavarice
01-13-2013, 12:58 AM
So sad I can't go =(

Someone must get Rob Paulsen to please sing the countries song! I DON'T CARE THAT IS IS OUTDATED!

SuperBee
01-13-2013, 09:10 AM
And Xemnas I'll see about finishing the lining and getting the hood done. And then... LOTS AND LOTS of drawing to be done!

Is that the evil dude in Kingdom Hearts? If I am thinking of the right guy, I don't like him... he kicked my butt -.-

Nightwitch-Kat
01-13-2013, 10:30 AM
Just waiting on my Fionna wig and then my cosplay is set!

Cole
01-13-2013, 11:03 AM
So sad I can't go =(

Someone must get Rob Paulsen to please sing the countries song! I DON'T CARE THAT IS IS OUTDATED!

Apparently he sings it at almost every appearance he makes as it is requested that much. I'm sure there will be many recordings of him singing it at the con.

HareyuNanami
01-19-2013, 04:53 AM
I still haven't started my Ice Princess Fionna yet OwO
I should probably do that this week xD

MDA
01-19-2013, 08:44 PM
Is that the evil dude in Kingdom Hearts? If I am thinking of the right guy, I don't like him... he kicked my butt -.-

Tan with a cow coat and silver hair? Yeah that's him.
A lot of people don't like him :P

ShinobiXikyu
01-19-2013, 10:47 PM
Progress this weekend is steaming ahead on Quorra. Half the torso armour, right boot, and one arm piece are wired, I'm working on the lightstrip for the tights and finishing the sewing for the boots, and with luuck before my boyfriend heads back home Monday we'll have the torso soldering finished.

SuperBee
01-20-2013, 09:03 AM
Tan with a cow coat and silver hair? Yeah that's him.
A lot of people don't like him :P

Oh yes that guy... Yea I still don't like him.

And since the snow is traveling horizontally I think I will get some mache-ing done.

KittyCanuck
01-20-2013, 11:17 AM
Only 32 days until Con-G! Have you booked your hotel yet?
No?
Well, you’d better get on that! The hotel is filling up and if you want to stay right in the thick of things, booking a room at the Delta is the way to go.
The official hotel for Con-G 2013 is the Delta Guelph Hotel. This is a different location than 2012.
Delta Guelph Hotel
50 Stone Road West, Guelph, ON, N1G 0A9
519-780-3700 or 1-866-520-4552
Delta Guelph Hotel Website
There is a Con-G block available!
Check in time is 3:00 pm, and check out time is 11:00 am.
$115.00/night
Delta Room with 2 Queens
$125.00/night
Premier Room with 1 King
$135.00/night
Deluxe Queen Terrace
The booking code is CON022113.
**IMPORTANT** The online booking for the Delta is currently not working – they are aware and are trying to fix it but for now call in to book your rooms.
If you want to save a bit of cash (for spending in the Dealers Room, of course), the Best Western is directly across the street from the Delta.
Best Western Royal Brock Hotel and Conference Centre
716 Gordon Street, Guelph, ON, N1G 1Y6
Phone: 519-836-1240
Toll Free Reservations: 800-780-7234
Best Western Hotel Website
There is a Con-G block available!
Check in time is 3:00 pm, and check out time is 12:00 pm (noon).
$93.00/night
Standard Room with 2 Queens
Just tell them you want the Con-G block.

All hotel prices do not include tax or extras.

MutantCanuck
01-20-2013, 04:11 PM
And this is why living on campus helps. XD

ShinobiXikyu
01-20-2013, 06:16 PM
Lucky for me and my boyfriend, he lives just outside of Guelph and I'm travelling up to stay at his house. So free accomodations.

raevix
01-20-2013, 08:17 PM
If anybody is staying at the hotel and is looking to make up a bit of money I could really use the use of your room to put on my costume for the convention, and I can help pay for your room for the service. Please send me a PM if you can!

MDA
01-20-2013, 08:23 PM
I'm at the Days Inn on the next block :P I know this cause I stayed there and went past the Delta every day of Faery Fest. YAY FREE BREAKFAST

raevix
01-20-2013, 08:30 PM
Oh, I spent a day at Faerie Fest. It was fun! Were you in costume there?

MDA
01-20-2013, 11:36 PM
Yes I was~ Saturday I was a Steampunk Earth Faery (two of my friends were elves with spears with me, and another was a faery with a lantern). Sunday I was Velvet from Odin Sphere :)

You?

raevix
01-21-2013, 12:34 AM
I was only there breifly on Sunday, but I was the Dragonborn wandering around the stage area during the costume show. This is actually the outfit I was planning to wear to Con-G, and One big thing I learned at Faerie Fest is that I do NOT want to get worn out on the bus ride over. My time at Faerie fest was unfortunately very limited due to the amount of time I spent walking just trying to find the dern place ^ ^;

Planning ahead this time! Or at least trying to. I was hoping somebody would lend me their hotel room to change in in exchange for some of the room cost.

SuperBee
01-21-2013, 08:49 AM
And I'll be at my brother's house. Also yay free accommodations.

Anywho.... really 32 days? And I thought I would have my cosplays done early this year... pfft yea not looking that way.

siyrean
01-21-2013, 12:03 PM
ok, well i opted to stay at the best western since i'm footing the bill and $45+tax is a decent savings, I hope it's as close as you say it is?

MutantCanuck
01-21-2013, 01:55 PM
ok, well i opted to stay at the best western since i'm footing the bill and $45+tax is a decent savings, I hope it's as close as you say it is?

it is, don't worry XD

sweet_kat22
01-21-2013, 02:00 PM
I want to go so bad hoping my situation improves.

01-22-2013, 12:34 PM
Okay so updated with our other guests (they're all up on the website anyways :))

Re:Hotels

There are still rooms available at the delta - we put more into our block if anyone is dying to stay in the same hotel.

The other hotel, The Best Western is right across the street and was our home our first two years so their accommodations are quite nice and they have a lower room cost to compensate for the 5 minute walk :P

sweet_kat22 - not sure which your situation is but you can also volunteer to help pay for a pass at the con assuming transportation and accommodation isn't an issue :)

ktcaines
01-22-2013, 07:47 PM

Is that the price for a single person, or are you and someone else splitting the bill? I live in Brampton and would like to go for 2 days but I didn't want to get a hotel room for $100 or so a night, but driving would be 1 hour both ways. My last resort was to just go on Saturday, but since the weekend pass was so cheep I didn't want to pass up going a for at least friday and saturday.

siyrean
01-23-2013, 04:13 AM
that's the price difference, not the cost. I'm saving $45 by staying at the Best Western rather than the Delta. The total bill will be around $200.

I'm trying to convince my brother to come, I wanna stick him in a plaid shirt and not tell him he's Charming when I'm dressed as Emma. It's kinda crazy how similar he looks to Charming when you consider I'm somewhat similar to Emma and we're related. He has a bit of a thing for my friend that's going who could pull off Snow, but I'm having a hard time convincing her to wear a pink cardigan.

sweet_kat22
01-24-2013, 03:20 PM
sweet_kat22 - not sure which your situation is but you can also volunteer to help pay for a pass at the con assuming transportation and accommodation isn't an issue :)

moving this feb money is going to that so far if i make more money i can go
probably cant afford the hotel/ trip there. But im hoping to make more by then.

Evabee
01-24-2013, 03:57 PM
This is going to be my first year attending Con-G, super excited! :)

raevix
01-24-2013, 03:59 PM
This will be my first year too, I'm very excited and a little nervous

SuperBee
01-24-2013, 07:13 PM
This is going to be my first year attending Con-G, super excited! :)

This will be my first year too, I'm very excited and a little nervous

It is a kind of awesome con! Went on Sunday to check it out, and been going ever since.

raevix
01-24-2013, 07:45 PM
As kind of a clarification about my previous post about looking for somebody to lend their hotel room for me to change into my costume, Even a room at the Best Western across the street would be adequate, and I am willing to pay a quarter of your room cost for the service. So please give me a PM if you are willing.

DiGi_Rin
01-29-2013, 01:37 AM
I'm really looking forward to this convention. I can't believe I'm almost done school in Guelph University, yet this is the first time I'll be going to this convention.

HareyuNanami
01-29-2013, 01:44 AM
my first year at ConG as well =D
Slowly finishing up cosplay's ~~
=3
I can't believe its only a month away now !`

Angathol
01-30-2013, 12:53 AM
Hey Con-G attendees! Ackson Lee is looking for video submissions from cosplayers for a convention promo video compilation.

Details here: http://sadpanda.us/images/1380088-C8CXM73.png

P.S. Sorry about the lack of Con-G forum. Wish I could add it myself but my moderator powers are too limited. :<

KakeraのTsuki
01-30-2013, 12:58 AM
Decided to bring my CC butterfly gown and maybe wear it for a bit since I have no time to make any new costumes for Con-G. ;__; Whether I'll actually wear it will depend on how crowded the con space is though, since big ball gowns are a nuisance to everyone if it's too crowded.

Otherwise, stuck in artist alley as a normie... or maybe a lolita. haha.

MutantCanuck
01-30-2013, 07:22 AM
Hey Con-G attendees! Ackson Lee is looking for video submissions from cosplayers for a convention promo video compilation.

P.S. Sorry about the lack of Con-G forum. Wish I could add it myself but my moderator powers are too limited. :<

I love acksonl!

WARPAINTandUnicorns
01-30-2013, 10:53 AM
Decided to bring my CC butterfly gown and maybe wear it for a bit since I have no time to make any new costumes for Con-G. ;__; Whether I'll actually wear it will depend on how crowded the con space is though, since big ball gowns are a nuisance to everyone if it's too crowded.

I'd say go for it!

If I can tough it out in my Red Queen during Fanexpo 2010 (the horror, the horror) and Anime North 2011 you can do a larger space Con-G this year. ;)

Well I'm making wig right now,taking a bit longer then i tough with stopping to take progress photos but should be finish tonight.

I have 3 week to make a dress. (Sadly most of January I was battling mice in the building >__<)

Rainbowgasm
01-30-2013, 03:17 PM

I think you should! We wore our Euphemia and CC gowns Sunday of FanExpo because it was an easy thing to wear for us... ballgowns are the LEAST combersome cosplays for us lol XP oddly enough... and ConG is in a new, much larger space this year, so even if we increase numbers, it will be fairly open i imagine! :)

ShinobiXikyu
01-30-2013, 11:12 PM
I assume there's a coatcheck again like last year? Also, is parking still free?

SuperBee
01-31-2013, 09:21 AM
I don't know about a coat check but I read that parking is free.

sweet_kat22
01-31-2013, 04:26 PM
Is Con-G capped? Will we be able to buy tickets at the door? Not sure if I can go. I wont know until the middle of the month because we are unsure if we are moving that weekend or the beginning of March :(

WARPAINTandUnicorns
01-31-2013, 05:22 PM
Wig done!
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3345998/

Now to make a ton of yellow of bias tape. ;)

Can-G has not been capped in the previous years. This is my first time per-buying my ticket as I usually only get it the on the one day I would go. ;) (Hard to believe I was one of the 350 the first year. lol)

There seems to be a coat check again this year.
http://con-g.com/information/faq/

Dalek Dreadnaught is coming......

sweet_kat22
01-31-2013, 08:34 PM
Thanks glad to know its not capped still not sure whats going to happen crossing fingers.

01-31-2013, 09:35 PM
I assume there's a coatcheck again like last year? Also, is parking still free?

We do have a coat check :) The cost is $2/day :) With proceeds going to one of our charities.

We have arranged with the hotel for free parking (normally it costs money to park at teh delta but we've rented the parking lot too :)) Also that sounds really funny.

Is Con-G capped? Will we be able to buy tickets at the door? Not sure if I can go. I wont know until the middle of the month because we are unsure if we are moving that weekend or the beginning of March :(

Oh geez, techincally Con-G is "capped"....but I doubt our attendance will be anywhere near the fire code for our new hotel this year ( aka this is why we moved from the Holiday Inn). So I'll say no worries :)

01-31-2013, 09:37 PM
Also LAST NIGHT TO PRE-REG!!!!!

http://con-g.com/information/registration/

harudae
02-01-2013, 03:10 AM
Does anyone have any tips for taking public transit to Guelph from (downtown) Toronto? It's going to be my friends and I's first time at Con-G and we'll most likely be taking a Greyhound bus there to Guelph U since it's not too far from the con; but I'm just wondering if anyone knows any other efficient routes and ways to get there.

Thanks! c:

02-01-2013, 09:29 AM
Okay - several options for Transit from Toronto to GUelph

1) Greyhound - probably the most recommended in my opinion as it's the quickest 1.5 - 1 hr drive - The greyhound goes from the station in TO and only has 1 stop at Aberfoyle before hitting the University of Guelph. You will actually drive past the hotel before it turns into the university. It's then maybe a 5-10 minute walk and there is an entrance into the Delta from the corner of stone/gordon (main intersection).

2) Go Bus/Train - 2 hr trip - but tends to be a bit cheaper
Depending on what time you leave on Friday night you can take the train from Toronto to Guelph. All the other times it's the bus that takes a few stops along the way. There are a few different buses with some leaving from missisauga, union station, and a handful of others.
There is the option to go to the university - just let the driver know otherwise the stop is downtown Guelph and you'll have to take the University city bus to get to the convention (not a huge deal but $3 more or so).

3)Via Rail also goes from Toronto to Guelph - but again you'd have to take a city bus down to the hotel but this seems to be the fastest route with just over an hour to get there.

WARPAINTandUnicorns
02-01-2013, 02:20 PM
The 15 University bus doesn't go downtown anymore it now a perimeter route for the area stopping at the University.

The bus you need to take is the 2A if your Downtown. (It's the one I will be taking)
It stops at the University or one half block east (in front of the Athletic Club) of the Delta is your two options to get to the Delta.

You just pass the Delta on the but if you stop at the Athletic Club stop on the bus. ;)

Quote of the day.
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mbto6fzPfK1qzqnxxo1_500.jpg

siyrean
02-01-2013, 08:46 PM
I'm starting to get excited for this. It feels like a less stressful Anime North but with higher concentration of nerd.

The fact that I've got nothing to work on for my costume is leaving me extra fidgety when I get home from work. I feel like I should be rushing with something but then realise I can't do anything.

sailormoonfan14
02-01-2013, 09:02 PM
My Ranka Lee coplay came in the mail, making half my cosplay work done, and i picked up the fabric for my chii cosplay today! Almost done, hallelujah :) Anyone else cosplaying Macross on friday?

Ninja Kitty
02-03-2013, 03:26 PM
I'll be going as a female Gangnam Style dancer (the iconic white outfit with the sparkly shorts) and Orihara Izaya. If you see me as the dancer, yes, I will dance the full proper dance if you ask me to. I'll be bringing an audio player for it.

ShinobiXikyu
02-03-2013, 04:16 PM
Been working all day on Quorra, almost at the point where I can pack it up for the day. Now, back to the sewing machine...

HareyuNanami
02-03-2013, 11:41 PM
Friday: Fancy Dog Tier Jade
Saturday: Ice Princess Fionna
Sunday: Nuffin xD to lazy~~

yup that is my weekends cosplay =D

MutantCanuck
02-03-2013, 11:57 PM

Woot, made mine with little time to spare! Took me five times to get it without stumbling. Still don't think I pronounced my web name right though, lol. We'll see. Hope it makes it on it. x.x

ShinobiXikyu
02-04-2013, 12:58 AM
Ugh, soooo nervous about my Quorra cosplay. I think the majority of it looks like crap and I'm so nervous about the wiring not breaking/holding up well enough. And me having not done anything bad to it while sewing diffusing strips on. And that I have no facial resemblance at all to Olivia Wilde, and I'm still trying to figure out my masquerade walkon.... GAH.

SuperBee
02-04-2013, 09:57 AM
Skyrim is coming along slowly....

I gots a problem hoping someone can help here or offer a suggestion. I am making a sword, the base is foam core then paper mache around it. It looks good except for some reason the part by the handle and base of the sword is soft and a little floppy. How can I fix this? More mache?

MDA
02-04-2013, 01:14 PM
Xemnas is finally pushing some progress. Drawing the hell design on right now @_@ Half an hour and a quarter is finished.

Rydia and Vincent have a few things left.

But still have Grell (night time only!) to start/finish. But that'll be a day. Literally because that cosplay is EASY!

And my Red Arrow commission *looks at pile of fabric* oh dear. Good thing it's spandex so I can make it smaller than my friend's measurements.

HareyuNanami
02-04-2013, 10:17 PM
Alright I have 2 questions;

1) how much is the GreyHound from Union Station to where the convention is (and what is the stop called?)

and 2) Would Coat check be able to hold luggage on the Sunday or no? Or should the Best Western have a luggage check?
I haven't been to Con G before so this is new xD

02-05-2013, 01:44 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v410/guardian_sandi/crazy-linds.png

MutantCanuck
02-05-2013, 07:16 AM
Ugh, I don't know if my friend will be able to do my Lion Ushiromiya cosplay in time, because apparently she's behind, in like EVERYTHING. D:

MutantCanuck
02-05-2013, 09:19 AM
Ugh, I don't know if my friend will be able to do my Lion Ushiromiya cosplay in time, because apparently she's behind, in like EVERYTHING. D:

And yup, she most likely won't be able to do it in time. Either I do Tris for Friday and Sunday, or make a casual Lion outfit. Hmmm....

WARPAINTandUnicorns
02-05-2013, 10:32 AM
Alright I have 2 questions;

1) how much is the GreyHound from Union Station to where the convention is (and what is the stop called?)

and 2) Would Coat check be able to hold luggage on the Sunday or no? Or should the Best Western have a luggage check?
I haven't been to Con G before so this is new xD

If your a student or purchase your tickets online in advance it $24 round trip.
In person it's $44 round trip without a student discount.

You take the Greyhound not from Union but The bus terminal next to the Eaton Centre and close to Dundas Square.

You get off at the University loop in Guelph.

Phone the Best Western about luggage check. ;)

Rainbowgasm
02-05-2013, 11:00 AM

Thats okay... there is no group anymore... just the 3 of us (Beato, Battler and Maria..)

MutantCanuck
02-05-2013, 04:54 PM
Thats okay... there is no group anymore... just the 3 of us (Beato, Battler and Maria..)

I still really wanna cosplay Lion, I love him. XD Think I'm going to see if I can do this outfit from the manga. http://images.wikia.com/umineko/images/c/c5/Young_lion.jpg Getting close to that seems more easy maybe? Last minute, last minute, ai yah.

MutantCanuck
02-05-2013, 05:00 PM
I still really wanna cosplay Lion, I love him. XD Think I'm going to see if I can do this outfit from the manga. http://images.wikia.com/umineko/images/c/c5/Young_lion.jpg Getting close to that seems more easy maybe? Last minute, last minute, ai yah.

Almost wondering though, if I spare myself the headache for now and just do Tris Prior for the previously Lion-filled day. I do love me some Divergent.

sailormoonfan14
02-06-2013, 01:50 AM
Question! I'm cosplaying Ranka Lee on friday, and was hoping to get some nice photos of it :) Does anyone know some less expensive photographers that have space in their schedule for friday? :)

hourqueen
02-06-2013, 05:04 AM
Pretty sure I'm going as Sailor Mars (anime version), if I can get it done on time!!

MutantCanuck
02-06-2013, 12:35 PM
Now planning to make a badminton outfit for Lion Ushiromiya....if I can order shorts off amazon, the outlying issue is where to find a badminton racquet....

WARPAINTandUnicorns
02-06-2013, 02:25 PM
I properly convinced splitpsychosis to be Assistant to my Watashi. I'm going to be so un-Watashi like around her the first hour of squealing. lol

I'm not sure If I'm going ton Friday anymore. I might come for the evening but out of costume after work.

Is there anyway to have the Con-G Masquerade entry forms posted as a pdf on the site?

seiryuux
02-06-2013, 08:57 PM
Heard from a friend there might be a Persona group he's planning so I might go as well

Rainbowgasm
02-06-2013, 10:20 PM
Question! I'm cosplaying Ranka Lee on friday, and was hoping to get some nice photos of it :) Does anyone know some less expensive photographers that have space in their schedule for friday? :)

There's a few who walk around the con and offer free shoots...

WARPAINTandUnicorns
02-07-2013, 09:08 AM
^ I honestly never got the photo's of me that were taken for free last year. The group never posted them on their website in 6 months afterward (and I lost the card now.) lol

Convoke is coming. I badgered the team to show up to give a backdrop and studio lighting option. ;)
http://photo.convoke.info/events/
Their rate is usually around $20 a shoot.

Chibi Lenne
02-07-2013, 11:39 PM
Depending on how I'm feeling / how cold it is / I have a 'handler' since con + anxiety doesn't always go so well together, I may do a few free short photoshoots for free, mostly a dozen or so poses.

Costumes for self? Not sure yet, maybe the fire nation if it gets done

Rock nam Lee
02-08-2013, 11:54 AM
I'm still open for photoshoots in case anyone is interested.
They start at $20, more info can be found on my site for the curious http://eleventhphotograph.com/photoshoot-details
I'll be there all three days. : )
Feel free to email me (Mailto: mike@eleventhphotograph.com)!

Rainbowgasm
02-08-2013, 12:39 PM
^ I honestly never got the photo's of me that were taken for free last year. The group never posted them on their website in 6 months afterward (and I lost the card now.) lol

Convoke is coming. I badgered the team to show up to give a backdrop and studio lighting option. ;)
http://photo.convoke.info/events/
Their rate is usually around $20 a shoot.

If you bring a laptop, a few of the photographers will let you snag the memory card during some downtime ;)

But yes CONVOKE! We always head to them when DROO isn't available, or sometimes we do both XP we will definately be doing a shoot with them on Saturday... maybe the other 2 days we'll get some but 2 of us have pics by them of those characters... its just Yuuki/Maria... so maybe we'll get some group shots in that case and let her get individuals :)

I love photographers who let you take all the images and CHOOSE the ones you want and EDIT them the way you want... I'm sorry photographers, but you just don't edit the way I like... sure it looks cool conceptually, but I'd like to be able to make my own further edits to make myself look my best! because to be honest... I dont look good in most photos, you know the saying that the camera adds 10 pounds? yeah that... but photographers never fix that... and if I've paid for photos, I want to be proud of how i look in them...

WARPAINTandUnicorns
02-08-2013, 01:49 PM
^ haha

I HATE getting my photo taken for that reason and my only current photo's of me are from cosplays. Studio light helps to give depth back into a photo so that you don't look flattened and larger then you are.

See I love the way I look in person in my costume but I always cringe at my female cosplay photo's. >_< In guy's stuff I look perfect. lol

sweet_kat22
02-08-2013, 02:46 PM
I might be going. Just dunno what to do with the costume it is going to be last minuet.

02-09-2013, 11:17 AM
Okay so if anyone was looking for the masquerade forms early - I've put them online on our website site. So if you're thinking about entering the masquerade (ahem which you should :P) you can fill them out before you get there so not as much time to wait in line :)

Rainbowgasm
02-09-2013, 09:19 PM
Okay so if anyone was looking for the masquerade forms early - I've put them online on our website site. So if you're thinking about entering the masquerade (ahem which you should :P) you can fill them out before you get there so not as much time to wait in line :)

WOOP! Printed mine off and filled it out already... just a note, my printer didn't like it that much, I had to hand write back in the levels on the entry form because it didn't come out at all, and the very last few lines of the end of the sheet wouldn't print... and it did the same both times I tried, while other things printed just fine (like my tickets and the sound form!)

02-09-2013, 10:05 PM
Hrmm I'll look into that - i converted that file differently.

ShinobiXikyu
02-10-2013, 09:29 PM
Hm, for the masquerade this year, is it possible to ask for fairly simple lighting cues? I'm cosplaying from Tron: Legacy, and the lights on the suit are a big component of the costume- if I can get lights/spotlight off for a few seconds at the end of my skit to show them fully illuminated it would make a huuuuuge difference.

02-11-2013, 09:16 AM
No lighting cues are allowed unfortunately we don't have any complicated lighting systems so the lights stay on.

WARPAINTandUnicorns
02-11-2013, 09:48 AM
Here a strange thing about the pdf's it the form feild vaniched when you uploaded them to the site.

I opened the files back up and activated them again, but one of the reasons the lines might have not been showing up is that the field boxes were overlapping them.

Entry form
http://www.mediafire.com/view/?24bnteahd1mn8mm

Sound form
http://www.mediafire.com/view/?3cn111opq4ndu37

Straywind
02-11-2013, 11:26 AM
Really looking forward to Con-G. I'm glad it's just a couple of weeks away. (^^)

I'm still working out my costume plans, but I'll be bringing Sailor Moon, Edonia Sherry from Resident Evil 6, probably Nurse Lolita Rebecca from Resident Evil: Mercenaries 3D and maybe casual Hotaru from Sailor Moon S or something else that's simple for Sunday. I can't decide. XD

I hope we have nice weather next week! After that storm last week, I'm ready for a break from winter. (^^);;

WARPAINTandUnicorns
02-11-2013, 11:37 AM
It will be snowing after today leading up to the con. I'd rather have snow then rain and mud. lol

MutantCanuck
02-11-2013, 01:39 PM
It will be snowing after today leading up to the con. I'd rather have snow then rain and mud. lol

True that. Thank goodness for living at the university. Not -too- far of a walk.

sweet_kat22
02-11-2013, 02:30 PM
I might wear Sailor Venus updating the costume looking forward to it :)

ShinobiXikyu
02-11-2013, 10:16 PM
No lighting cues are allowed unfortunately we don't have any complicated lighting systems so the lights stay on.

Darn. Brightness-adjusting knob it is! Won't be able to change the settings without my boyfriend de-disking me and turning it (I'd never be able to reach myself), but at least I can turn up the brightness for the stage.

zeekayart
02-11-2013, 10:20 PM
Less than two weeks now!! Gotta get my new costume done!! I am expecting like 3 people to recognize me but the ones who do will probably run away screaming. I can't wait!

ShinobiXikyu
02-11-2013, 10:54 PM
If you wear that Cybersix costume in your avatar, that would be awesome! Is that what it is?

kawaiilove
02-11-2013, 11:34 PM
I haven't started OOPS
I'm lazy but tomorrow gonna start!!! :D
Hope my wig comes in time!

sailormoonfan14
02-12-2013, 12:44 AM
http://i1188.photobucket.com/albums/z401/iluvgaara15/c2ff2feb-c281-480c-a6fd-44271c9c5bb2_zps7d380822.jpg

Progress! ;7; It's finally starting to look like Chii's outfit, after 9 straight hours of sewing. How is everyone elses cosplay progress going?

SuperBee
02-12-2013, 07:38 AM
Progress! ;7; It's finally starting to look like Chii's outfit, after 9 straight hours of sewing. How is everyone elses cosplay progress going?

I have all the bits and pieces of my skyrim one... now I need to put it all together. And my not so helpful brother hasn't touched his Auron sword that he wants fixed. I am NOT touching it... he didn't even help me with the skyrim crap *rants* Now to figure out a skit or whatnot for the masquerade.... and knowing nothing about skyrim doesn't help.... all I know is something about an arrow in the knee, but I don't get it.... Help please?

Still need to tinker with Hex... I might just end up using the handy-man's secret weapon to steady the shoulders.

And I was going to make an awesome beaded mask for the third day (to turn into a Zapdos), but I can't be arsed to do it... so the Frog head (Kerero) is coming.

ShinobiXikyu
02-12-2013, 08:32 AM
I REALLY hope I can find my camera. I haven't been able to take any progress photos, and it'll majorly suck to not have any con photos.

siyrean
02-12-2013, 10:48 AM
over a month and my new wig still hasn't arrived. That's it, I'm emailing China.

HidoshiNobunaga
02-12-2013, 11:03 AM
"I'm emailing China" may be one of my favourite statements ever.

02-12-2013, 01:07 PM
Hey Attentions Cosplayers - I'm looking for videos of old/new Masquerade skits to show during a panel at Con-G to be critiqued. I'd love some good and bad examples of ones (we obviously can't critique ones we don't have permission to use) and maybe some Masters have links to their Novice debuts?

ALSO LOL emailing China.

ShinobiXikyu
02-12-2013, 03:37 PM
I don't know if the video's still up, but my first (and best novice-winning) skit from Con-G last year is free for the using. I put the link on the costume info for my Schala cosplay. I'm on my phone now, though, so I can't double-check that it's still there.

MDA
02-12-2013, 08:08 PM
I almost got done painting Xemnas' coat.... and then I ran out of paint TT_TT Tomorrow's mission is to get more black paint. And all I have left is half of a sleeve! And to do the chains. Then I can consider this beast done.

Vincenza (femme Vincent) still needs her headband and at least the glove armour.

Rydia, barrettes and boot covers. I might see about different boots for her though >>

KakeraのTsuki
02-12-2013, 09:50 PM
So it's been decided that I'll be wearing my CC red butterfly dress on Saturday with my friends as Euphemia, Anya and Nunally (all artbook versions). :3 Hopefully some of us will be doing a little number for the masquerade too.

I'll be in lolita the other two days for comfort's sake.

Excited for Con-G! It's always so much fun. ^^

HareyuNanami
02-12-2013, 10:12 PM
http://www.gotransit.com/publicroot/en/schedules/pubsched.aspx?table=31&direction=1&day=1&page=2&New=&station=&zone=

I really really dont understand the GO bus guys...
So does that mean it dosen't stop at Guelph University? Was hoping to take the 10:30, 11:20 or 11:30 bus.
and how long is that roughly owo 2 hours?
I dont take the bus often so I am dont get it honestly?~

Rainbowgasm
02-12-2013, 10:29 PM
So it's been decided that I'll be wearing my CC red butterfly dress on Saturday with my friends as Euphemia, Anya and Nunally (all artbook versions). :3 Hopefully some of us will be doing a little number for the masquerade too.

I'll be in lolita the other two days for comfort's sake.

Excited for Con-G! It's always so much fun. ^^

AWESOME! I can't wait to see it! :)

I certainly hope you aren't a Journeyman because I will get my butt kicked (I'm sorry if you're like Master or something and that's insulting to you! :S I have only been in 1 masquerade where anyone who was really anyone was in it and it was AN and AN is like... impossible to know who's who!)

Well my Friday cosplay (Zero) has been finished for 3 years now... I just have to make sure all the pieces are together...
Saturday (Alucard) is done as far as I can work on them, my Seras is making my guns for me... I just have to do a bit of minor sewing on my Seras's gloves...
Sunday (Battler), I just have to fix the zipper a bit (one corner is starting to loosen up on its seam!) and take in my Beato's new vest (suit/19th visitor version)

ShinobiXikyu
02-12-2013, 10:57 PM
Goodness, wearing eight makeup items on your eyes alone is a novelty. I've got three colours eyeshadow, three kinds of eyeliner, mascara and false lashes on for Quorra. @_@

KakeraのTsuki
02-12-2013, 10:58 PM
AWESOME! I can't wait to see it! :)

I certainly hope you aren't a Journeyman because I will get my butt kicked (I'm sorry if you're like Master or something and that's insulting to you! :S I have only been in 1 masquerade where anyone who was really anyone was in it and it was AN and AN is like... impossible to know who's who!)

Thanks, I'm excited to wear it on Canadian turf! =) Especially since I didn't cosplay my last Con-G so I'm itching to mingle in costume. *-*

Lol no, not journeyman, and I'm not insulted at all. ^^ I'm artisan/master (not sure which one to put myself in).

AN masquerade was insane. I only got to know the people in my den and my friends who I knew were entering. I recall seeing your Code Geass entry though! What are you entering for Con-G?

02-12-2013, 11:50 PM
http://www.gotransit.com/publicroot/en/schedules/pubsched.aspx?table=31&direction=1&day=1&page=2&New=&station=&zone=

I really really dont understand the GO bus guys...
So does that mean it dosen't stop at Guelph University? Was hoping to take the 10:30, 11:20 or 11:30 bus.
and how long is that roughly owo 2 hours?
I dont take the bus often so I am dont get it honestly?~

What station are you coming from and I can help sort you out :)

SuperBee
02-13-2013, 09:44 AM
Quick question (I have emailed twice but may have gotten lost)

Do the projectors for the panels have an HDMI input?

Rainbowgasm
02-13-2013, 12:19 PM
Thanks, I'm excited to wear it on Canadian turf! =) Especially since I didn't cosplay my last Con-G so I'm itching to mingle in costume. *-*

Lol no, not journeyman, and I'm not insulted at all. ^^ I'm artisan/master (not sure which one to put myself in).

AN masquerade was insane. I only got to know the people in my den and my friends who I knew were entering. I recall seeing your Code Geass entry though! What are you entering for Con-G?

Yeah, at AN I only got to know a few people in my den, and not even by name, except I'm sure that a few people from cosplay.com were in it... we were SO nervous and I basically froze solid on stage, I couldn't look up! XP but I've had some minor practice since so I shouldn't be like that here! I'm entering my Alucard costume! :)

MDA
02-13-2013, 12:59 PM
@Kakera - Since you won with Vickybunnyangel at Otakuthon, you'd be in Master now :)

Me I'm still in Novice. But I'm quite proud of my Xemnas so *fingers crossed*

SuperBee
02-13-2013, 01:30 PM
@Kakera - Since you won with Vickybunnyangel at Otakuthon, you'd be in Master now :)

I'll be *hopefully* entering for my first time. Don't think I have a chance but worth a shot.

ShinobiXikyu
02-13-2013, 02:03 PM
I'm entering in Journeyman, and obviously I'm hopeful. I'm not expecting a tailoring award, though. Handsewn pleather doesn't look impressive at all on the underside.

Rainbowgasm
02-13-2013, 03:12 PM
I'm entering in Journeyman, and obviously I'm hopeful. I'm not expecting a tailoring award, though. Handsewn pleather doesn't look impressive at all on the underside.

they don't really look at the underside though, especially if its close to your body... I've only competed 3 times, but even at AN they've never asked me to take anything off for them to inspect, they've mainly looked at the outside with a bit of prodding, but not much (They mostly wanted to see how i had my hat attached to my wig and bow on my back for Ciel and the hems for my dresses), and asked how I made it and a few other questions for things I didn't mention... But I guess each judge could have their own way... but i doubt anyone would ask you to take anything off (it would be unfair to ask someone with a jacket to take it off to inspect it, but not able to ask someone to take off a corset (because obviously they CAN'T) to inspect it, you know?)

ShinobiXikyu
02-13-2013, 03:32 PM
I actually need to see if I can have my boyfriend with me in the green room for a handler of sorts- I need him to adjust my brightness knob, slot in fresh batteries and be readily available in case an emergency repair is needed. And maybe help me navigate the stairs. If he's allowed under those circumstances in the green room, he'll have to take off my disk dock case to show the circuitboard and such off. No way can I reach it myself and it's the biggest/hardest part of the costume, so I'd show it to the judges if possible. I guess I'll have to ask when I register.
(Also, the workmanship judges at Con-G last year did look at seams pretty well. If it could easily be flipped up/back to look at they did, and a few parts of my costume can be rolled back or unfastened to look at.)

KakeraのTsuki
02-13-2013, 04:25 PM
Yeah, at AN I only got to know a few people in my den, and not even by name, except I'm sure that a few people from cosplay.com were in it... we were SO nervous and I basically froze solid on stage, I couldn't look up! XP but I've had some minor practice since so I shouldn't be like that here! I'm entering my Alucard costume! :)

Haha yeah, I was super nervous my first masquerade too. =) It's okay, you get used to it~
I'll look out for your Alucard at the con then!

Ahaha, not sure if that even counts. <_< We entered in master because she's a master, and we only got a minor award so... Idk. People have been telling me to enter in master but I don't feel like my skills or experience are there yet.

Ooh you're entering Xemnas? Can't wait to see it! =)

WARPAINTandUnicorns
02-13-2013, 04:49 PM
I'm watching KH 3D (because I refuse to buy another game device just to play it!).
I have so much love seeing tribal Xemnas on screen and lamenting what Tulip fabric paint failed in washing machine when I did his costume the first time. (aka the opacity washed out of it!)

If I ever get the proper leatherette I'll remake him some day. lol I still have a my rave stick!

I'm not sure If I'm entering as I'm still working on the undershirt and it's silly layers. (I pray the jumper will be easier!)

Rainbowgasm
02-13-2013, 05:08 PM
Haha yeah, I was super nervous my first masquerade too. =) It's okay, you get used to it~
I'll look out for your Alucard at the con then!

Ahaha, not sure if that even counts. <_< We entered in master because she's a master, and we only got a minor award so... Idk. People have been telling me to enter in master but I don't feel like my skills or experience are there yet.

Ooh you're entering Xemnas? Can't wait to see it! =)

It was actually my 2nd (my CCs first) as i did ConBravo 2011, but I failed even WORSE at that one and I don't usually speak of it lol XP at least I can look back on AN 2012! I can't even make myself watch my CB 2011 entry!
I'll be with my Seras and Rip all day before it and they will be cheering me on from the audience XP You're CCs gunna be great!

Cole
02-13-2013, 06:34 PM

From what I have read, and been told in the past, according to ICG guidelines, if you have ever won a "Best in Show", or won any award in the Master class, then you are supposed to enter in Master from then on, even if it was part of a group.

I do have a question about the masq, though. Although I will have flip flops or slippers of some kind for walking around, the character I am cosplaying is usually barefoot. What are the rules regarding footwear while on stage? Can I go barefoot, or would I be required to wear the slippers/flip flops?

Rainbowgasm
02-13-2013, 07:20 PM
From what I have read, and been told in the past, according to ICG guidelines, if you have ever won a "Best in Show", or won any award in the Master class, then you are supposed to enter in Master from then on, even if it was part of a group.

I do have a question about the masq, though. Although I will have flip flops or slippers of some kind for walking around, the character I am cosplaying is usually barefoot. What are the rules regarding footwear while on stage? Can I go barefoot, or would I be required to wear the slippers/flip flops?

as far as I know you'd be allowed to take them off just as you go on stage (you'd have to ask for sure WHEN but at AN people are barefoot on stage all the time!)

sailormoonfan14
02-14-2013, 01:09 AM
i'm unsure what division to enter my Chii Cosplay, i've only ever competed in one masq, last years con-g in the novice and didn't win an award i don't think. But my skills are a lot better this year after lots of lessons + many sewing tests for colleges, and this is a rather detailed costume, so i don't know whether to enter up or not

02-14-2013, 09:58 AM

Best in show - automatically bumps you to the next tier is how i've understood it. I won best in show with Tiger so got bumped from Journeyman even though that was my first time entering Journeyman.

You can go barefoot on stage - I don't really see a problem with that :P Not really used to barefoot questions when you're in the winter :P

i'm unsure what division to enter my Chii Cosplay, i've only ever competed in one masq, last years con-g in the novice and didn't win an award i don't think. But my skills are a lot better this year after lots of lessons + many sewing tests for colleges, and this is a rather detailed costume, so i don't know whether to enter up or not

Enter the division you feel comfortable in :) Often times when you sign up if you ask at the table they might have some suggestions too :)

Angathol
02-14-2013, 11:00 AM

I entered with a group of eight at Anime North 2008; since some of our group members were Masters, we had to enter in that category. We ended up winning Best Master Craftsmanship and Best in Show, but it was my first ever masquerade. When a fellow novice from that group and I entered by ourselves the following year, we asked the masquerade desk what we should do. They suggested Journeyman, so we went with that. A bump up one level sounds a bit more understandable if you wouldn't belong in that level on your own.

flash1616
02-14-2013, 01:03 PM

I know your barefoot question was answered, but I'm going to recommend that in the future for anyone who wants to cosplay someone with barefeet, get yourself a pair of sticky sandals. They are awesome, perfect for looking like you're not wearing shoes for cosplay but allowed in stores, and perfect for not getting tan lines in the summer.

Rainbowgasm
02-14-2013, 02:58 PM
Best in show - automatically bumps you to the next tier is how i've understood it. I won best in show with Tiger so got bumped from Journeyman even though that was my first time entering Journeyman.

You can go barefoot on stage - I don't really see a problem with that :P Not really used to barefoot questions when you're in the winter :P

Enter the division you feel comfortable in :) Often times when you sign up if you ask at the table they might have some suggestions too :)

really? in all the research I've done, it just says once with any bigger win in Novice to go to Journeyman, and after that, you can win up to 3 times, anything major before jumping again... I'm the kind of person that's both paranoid about where I should enter and paranoid I don't belong in where my past experience is putting me, so I'm constantly doing research XP

ShinobiXikyu
02-14-2013, 10:52 PM
Audio for my skit's getting done, and I need to practice my moves a little more... I just hope my intro's not too long. My boyfriend's essentially doing an impersonation of Jeff Bridges/Kevin Flynn speaking on the "The Grid" track in the soundtrack, and the speech goes on for a little over thirty seconds- the version bf did is about twenty. FORTUNATELY it has a fantastic musical buildup, but still, empty stage for that long? Think we might have to speed the music up a hair and even cut some phrases to shave time off the intro.

MutantCanuck
02-15-2013, 12:35 AM
Contemplating whether I should make a makeshift Lion Ushiromiya cosplay or wait until my friend can make the costume (once she starts it won't take long). I have the wig, though I need to cut it. If I don't do Lion, I could be Tris Prior (from Divergent) for Friday and Sunday. It's tempting.

zeekayart
02-15-2013, 09:37 AM
ONE WEEK LEFT!
I'm pretty much done my Nanalan' cosplay. HAHA. Just need to make Russer and it'll be pretty much done! I was going to wear Cybersix too but I think it's too cold for it, hmm, I wonder how warm the hotel is going to be on the weekend? I could always wear it and not go outside haha!

One week left till my reading week and the weekend of awesome!!:bigtu:

WARPAINTandUnicorns
02-15-2013, 10:18 AM
Mehttp://www.gmaker.org/forum/smileys/whip.gif

I'll get Watashi done...

MaiSheri
02-15-2013, 01:25 PM
I'm going to be spending the next week doing nothing but Con-G prep I suspect. I have to record and edit a video, get materials ready for my mask workshop, collect images for my other panels, have a new costume to start, a paper mache prop to finish, and several pieces of art to whip up. Oh, and printing new contact cards. T_T

☆ KEITA
02-15-2013, 02:20 PM
Now that reading week has started, work on all the Con-G cosplays! :D

HareyuNanami
02-15-2013, 02:23 PM
my Serenity wig that I wanted to use for my Fionna next weekend broke T_T ARG

02-15-2013, 03:25 PM
Audio for my skit's getting done, and I need to practice my moves a little more... I just hope my intro's not too long. My boyfriend's essentially doing an impersonation of Jeff Bridges/Kevin Flynn speaking on the "The Grid" track in the soundtrack, and the speech goes on for a little over thirty seconds- the version bf did is about twenty. FORTUNATELY it has a fantastic musical buildup, but still, empty stage for that long? Think we might have to speed the music up a hair and even cut some phrases to shave time off the intro.

Hands down cut it - 30 seconds of nothing is a loooong time on stage, even an intro, I'd cut it down for sure :) The time limit is 2 minutes but i've seen several entries that would have won awards if it was shorter and they cut the entry off before it got stale.

ONE WEEK LEFT!
I'm pretty much done my Nanalan' cosplay. HAHA. Just need to make Russer and it'll be pretty much done! I was going to wear Cybersix too but I think it's too cold for it, hmm, I wonder how warm the hotel is going to be on the weekend? I could always wear it and not go outside haha!

Excuse me, ahem *AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhh *:mfg:

Also when we've been into the hotel it's felt fairly warm so you'll probably be ok.

I'm going to be spending the next week doing nothing but Con-G prep I suspect.

Hrmm me too I suspect :P

(Sorry lack of sleep to get all the awesome-ness contained into a program :drunk:) - also schedule (http://con-g.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/Con-GSchedule2013_Feb13.pdf) if anyone hasn't seen it yet.

harudae
02-15-2013, 06:35 PM
Sadly my reading week is the week after Con-G and this week is my midterm week. D:

I'm excited though! Looking forward to a con after all my schoolwork's done~ Gonna work on cosplays this weekend. "orz

flash1616
02-15-2013, 06:40 PM
ONE WEEK LEFT!

Oh man, are you going to be Mona?! That'll be so cute!