PDA

View Full Version : Strange but Relevant Question about Miroku (from Inuyasha)

archangeli
02-25-2004, 10:04 PM
OK, so here's my question:

DOES MIROKU WEAR PANTS??

All I ever see is his black tunic, with the purple "toga" shroud wrapped over him. Does he wear anything underneath?

Thanks!! :dance:

K_Valentine
02-25-2004, 10:09 PM
Maybe not in the anime, but when I cosplayed him, I sure as hell wore some (actually I wore shorts). It was mainly de to my roommate situation at the con.

Eleryth
02-25-2004, 11:08 PM
If it's supposed to be 'ancient Japan', that tunic is probably the top of a men's kimono. So, no pants. That's just my opinion, though, from what little I remember watching. You could wear hakama if you wanted. But I don't think a kimono would be that out of the question (after all, in Samurai Deeper Kyo, Kyo wears one for like, half the series). I did find this picture (sorry, not very clear, was the first one I found) http://nekochan.cupped-expressions.net/wallpapers/miroku.jpg which shows the black peeking out from the bottom of his purple toga-thing. It doesnt seem to have separate pant leg openings, so I would assume it's a mens kimono. Or else the other style of hakama, where they don't have a crotch seam, and are really a men's skirt. Your best bet might be to watch a lot, and wait for him to go flying thru the air - that way, you can see if they are pants or not, I guess.

Good luck.

archangeli
02-25-2004, 11:58 PM
Hehe.. thanks!

*Miroku flies through the air*
*whee!*

This isn't for a costume, per se. We're gonna plushify him!

Infini
02-26-2004, 12:34 AM
I think that in one of the episodes I've seen, it does seem that he is wearing pants underneath, something like leggings that are slightly shorter than the bottom of the robe. I'll check the episode and post back about it, since do recall noticing something in one of the earlier episodes after thinking about this myself. :)

-Infini

EDIT:
Okay, I checked the episode when Miroku first comes in, and you can see that he wears bluish leggings under the robe. I noticed them in the scenes where he is fighting Inuyasha in the town, and when kagome tries to get in the way of kazaana to help IY and hits miroku. I'm not good at describing scenes, but if you have access to the episode then maybe this is helpful...

ssjfan_4evr
02-26-2004, 10:55 AM
OK go here http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3273110314&category=39557&sspagename=STRK%3AMESSE%3AIT&rd=1 well to explain it , a traditional full size Kimono is to go down to your ankles I think and thats what the blackish is its not a seperate clothing piece or anything ok ^_^

Kuniku kun
02-27-2004, 09:23 AM
Actually, Miroku DOES wear a pair of pants underneath his monk outfit. I saw it watching one of my DVDs the other day. You know how Sango wears black pants under her traveling outfit? Miroku wears a pair of pants like these as well, only his are a sea-green type color. -nods-

dustbunny
02-29-2004, 02:43 PM
Yeah i saw him wear pants once...there not baggy there kind of tight fiting...

Eleryth
02-29-2004, 07:14 PM
Sounds like he has a pants-kimono combo. Only makes sense if you're fighting bad guys in old Japan. ;) (that, and the fact that it is now verified that he has pants, and he does have that black sticking out at the bottom of his purple toga-ish thing, implying either a style of hakama or kimono)

Question solved! At least, in my opinion. :)

Sailor Kikyo
03-04-2004, 08:15 PM
I think black leggings or something would work okay.

Malon
03-06-2004, 04:41 PM
Gee and here I am wondering if Miroku ever got a sexual harassment charge...

NiGHTmaren
03-06-2004, 06:53 PM
The leggings are actually gray, but yes, black would work fine I think. ^_^ I also have a Miroku plushie, and his leggings are gray as well...so problem solved. XD

*~Hime no Toki~*

Machiko
03-14-2004, 09:12 PM
teehee...

Miroku is such a pervert so we made him pants!

check him out:
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=117868