PDA

View Full Version : Classic Who

vampricyoda
11-25-2012, 07:57 AM
There wasn't a classic Who cosplay thread on the front page so I thought I'd make one.

Is there anyone on here who's done The 6th Doctor?

patriciarakel
11-26-2012, 11:28 PM
I haven't seen too much of classic Who, but I do have the Fourth Doctor's scarf. I plan on carrying it around at the next convention I attend as Rose and ask all the Doctors I see why I found it in the wardrobe room.

supergeekgirl
01-15-2013, 03:49 PM
A very good friend of mine does the Sixth Doctor. Extremely well, actually. He was lucky enough to have gotten great reference pictures through a friend who knew Colin Baker. The only thing that annoys me about his costume is that he refuses to wear a wig with it!

My husband does the Second Doctor and the Fifth Doctor. I do Romana II and Jamie McCrimmon. I have this lovely dream of making most of Romana's outfits...

MagiFox
01-15-2013, 06:35 PM
I simply love Classic Who. Everyone should at least watch a few of the Classic episodes to get an idea of what Doctor Who was like before the relaunch in 2005.

As for cosplays, I'm currently working on a femme!Three (ordered the blazer; found my wig and going to order it soon) and planning a femme!Six cosplay for this year. I previously did a crossplay of Five, which turned out great, though I'd like to fix a few things before I wear it again. My ultimate goal is to properly cosplay each Doctor, in whatever way I like to express it.

ChatNoir
01-15-2013, 08:37 PM
I'm just starting with Classic Who... after catching up with the new episodes I was like "dude, there are DECADES of this show I can still watch!" so I'm working on that. XD I haven't watched the TV movie yet, but I love the Eighth doctor's outfit and would love to cosplay him one day.

Ironhill
01-19-2013, 09:56 AM
This year is the 50th anniversity of Dr. Who. BBC America is doing specials featuring a different Doctor every month. I believe the first will be next saturday (1/27 at 9:00 PM).

I am working on a traditional Timelord robes. The headpiece will be the challenge.

Scorpion89
02-21-2013, 05:02 PM
Well this year I finally got around to getting my 3rd Doctor Master Costume done just need to build the Sonic Screw Driver

KuruttaKanashii
07-02-2013, 04:50 PM
I'm currently working on a Dodo Chaplet cosplay- Celestial Toymaker outfit, of course, does anyone actually cosplay the others? I'm already going to be a Dodo in a room full of Roses, I may as well be as recognizable as possible.

Tamlin
07-28-2013, 11:30 PM
Oh! Classic Doctor Who thread!!

I've made Romana's white dress from her first appearance in The Ribos Operation, but haven't made the feather vest yet. I need to make the key to time tracer. I plan on making her outfit from The Stones of Blood and The Power of Kroll.

@Ironhill- I would love to make High Council robs! What color are you doing?

KuruttaKanashii
09-13-2014, 08:31 PM
And now I'm being Mags from "The Greatest Show in the Galaxy". I just gravitate towards the obscure characters, don't I?
(I'm just funning, my Dodo cosplay has gotten me lots of positive attention at steampunk cons, including a shout across the room and hug from Andrew O'Neill of The Men That Will Not Be Blamed For Nothing!)
Is anyone going to Long Island Doctor Who con?