PDA

View Full Version : Is the board safe from hacking?

VashzMynBackOff
02-26-2004, 07:43 PM
Okay, I just updated my profile, then I went to check it the "public" version. I don't have a homepage, but under where is says "Home Page" there was a URL. I was thinking to myself, "When did I put that there?" So I went to go click on it, and it had some pretty nasty stuff on it, so of course without even bothering to continue reading, I closed the window. I SWEAR TO GOD I NEVER USED THAT SITE AS MY HOMEPAGE. So I was just curious to wonder, is the board protected from hackers? ---F.Y.I. NO DUH, I REMOVED THE URL.

la_belle
02-26-2004, 07:46 PM
its still there o_0

Ghetto Robo
02-26-2004, 07:56 PM
My guess is it's something on your computer, not the site. The same thing happened to me. I checked your profile and the link is still there, it'll just reappear even if you erase it. The only way I was able to change mine was to enter a different URL, then the space is just left blank, so that's how I've kept it.
I've also got something similar on my AIM profile, but I haven't been able to get rid of it either of them. ~_~

Kantaris
02-27-2004, 09:36 PM
Theres no such thing as 'safe from hacking' the most secure thing out there would probably have to be the verisign key. It's a hash alogrythim (sp?) with 128 bit encryption. Unhackable to date. But even still, it's theoretically possible to hack into anything. As for your link, it's probably just a fluke.