PDA

View Full Version : Political thing. Don't click if you do like Bush

SleepingKirby
11-12-2002, 10:23 PM
I just made this one the spur of the moment. If you can give me some feedback, that would be great. Was this impactual? Humorous? Does the animation go too fast? Too slow? Wrong Font? Wrong size? And anything else you want to throw in. Thanks. :D

Setsuki-chan
11-12-2002, 11:09 PM
I'm afraid I can't let you get past here.

Hehe, just kidding. Your picture passes my "This is Classic" test.

Spooky Brew
11-12-2002, 11:36 PM
*giggle fit*

Sami
11-12-2002, 11:55 PM
LOL interesting.. I think it's a bit too slow though, I almost closed out the window because I didn't think anything else was coming after Saddam.

I'm also a very quick, fidgety person who doesn't like ot wait a lot. So that's just me. ^^;

SleepingKirby
11-12-2002, 11:56 PM
That's good to know. I don't know the average person's reading speed so I set it at 4 secs. Maybe I should make it 3?

Evinrude
11-13-2002, 01:14 PM
Who will I be voting for in 2004? (http://www.urbanraven.com/sa/nader.gif)

psythe
11-13-2002, 01:18 PM
That's funny stuff Kirby :thumbsup:

SleepingKirby
11-13-2002, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by Evinrude
Who will I be voting for in 2004? (http://www.urbanraven.com/sa/nader.gif)

LOL!!! Well, I was going to vote for McCain if he ran again, but how could I refuse an ad like that? Go Nader!!! Blow Bush away!!! (literally) :D

Sami
11-13-2002, 01:28 PM
ROFLMAO!! Nader means business this time!!

And yeah, I would speed it up to maybe three seconds, just to see how fast it would be. Four is just too long for my tastes, that's all. ^___^

Mei Lan Chang
11-13-2002, 03:22 PM
Hahahaha....you little animator geek. That's great.

Umi
11-13-2002, 05:37 PM
Ooh both of those rocked... But really I think Nader should run for something else before he goes back to president. I think he'd have a good enough shot in California to make Governer as well as a few other states.

Oh.. but back to the point. Kirby I think the animation is a bit slow as well but that all depends on it's use. Is it just going to be linked to like you had it here? Or is it going to be imbedded on a page with enough information to keep people around for a couple of seconds?

SleepingKirby
11-13-2002, 06:39 PM
Nope, I don't plan to post it anywhere. I just did it cause I was really pissed at Bush at the time and I read someone's post about how much Bush is making the US into another Germany. Just another animator/artist getting his frustrations out onto his work. Know anyone who can spread this little seed of evil of mine? :D I didn't think it'd be funny though... oh well. Whatever works. :D

Here's a new version. I made the animation about 2.50 secs because 3 sec still seemed a little too slow. Plus gif animations are a bit slower than the program says it is.

*I'm just happy that no one complained about my comping mistakes. :p*

Adella
11-13-2002, 07:11 PM
what a beautiful picture.. ::sniff... wipes away tear::

Miroku
11-14-2002, 11:58 AM
Cute cartoon........

Only problem is I like Bush. Something about him not being a draft dodging womanizer really appeals to me. But thats my opinion.

Kusanagi
11-14-2002, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by Miroku
Cute cartoon........

Only problem is I like Bush. Something about him not being a draft dodging womanizer really appeals to me. But thats my opinion.

Amen to that.

Cassandra
11-14-2002, 06:08 PM
Cute cartoon........

Just wait until he reinstates the draft so he can send everyone to war with Iraq....bet you won't like him as much then....

Evinrude
11-14-2002, 07:48 PM
Something about him not being a draft dodging womanizer really appeals to me.

1. Draft Dodging: You're right, he didn't dodge the draft. He joined the Texas National Guard, where he went Absent Without Leave (http://www.boston.com/news/politics/campaign2000/news/One_year_gap_in_Bush_s_Guard_duty+.shtml) for a year.

2. Womanzing: Hmmm.... can't speak to that one. Every politician since the dawn of time has been accused of it.

Umi
11-14-2002, 07:55 PM
OMG.. he went AWOL? I did not know this. What a little turn-coat >.<

Miroku
11-15-2002, 10:18 PM
Well, I dont know if that is true or not, about bush going awol, but all I have to say is this:

If Gore, or just about any other Democrat had been Pres last September I would be hiding under my bed right now hoping my new Afghan masters wouldnt find me.

And what is wrong with the draft? Oh, wait you guys must just be afraid to die defending your democracy against the enemies of freedom!

Cassandra
11-15-2002, 10:26 PM

And what is wrong with the draft? Oh, wait you guys must just be afraid to die defending your democracy against the enemies of freedom!

*rolls her eyes* Sure. Someone forcing you to go halfway across the globe to die (or even worse, not die but come back with horrific diseases....like the Gulf War). It's the point of not having the choice. You don't agree with the war?? Too damn bad. You have to go fight anyway. Nice policy. I thought this was (supposed to be) a democracy.

Miroku
11-15-2002, 10:40 PM
I dont think you understand.

Saddam Husein gasses his own people.

He gets 100% of the vote during the election. (This is no democracy here)

He is producing and/or has chemical, biological, and nuclear weapons.

Do you really think a guy like this needs to be running free?

And who do you think is going to take him on besides the U.S.? Nobody. If you dont think that we need to get rid of this guy once and for all, then I feel sorry for you, because you obviously dont respect the innocent humans who die under this tyrants foot everyday.

Mei Lan Chang
11-15-2002, 11:17 PM
That would be the classic "Let's go get um' boys!" tactic that may work to overturn a corrupt dictator or two, but then sets an example that starts global witch hunts. The United States cannot afford to jeopardize what we have worked so hard to achieve.

I mean, did you completely forget that little event known as the Vietnam War? Sending troops in the direction of trouble fixes relatively nothing and upsets the hippies. National immaturity in inacceptable.

Evinrude
11-16-2002, 12:38 AM
under my bed right now hoping my new Afghan masters wouldnt find me.

Please, PLEASE tell me this was sarcasm. You can't truely believe that just because a democrat was in office, that our nation would have crumbled because of this. That's gotta be the most absured thing I've heard.

die defending your democracy against the enemies of freedom!

I'll gladly die defending democracy....if I felt democracy was threatened, which it isn't. I won't die for A) oil B) the Bush dynasty or C) Political causes I don't believe in.

(edit to add the following)

Do you really think a guy like this needs to be running free?

Nope, but war isn't the way to do it. In 1989, the United States invaded Panama and apprehended Manuel Noriega with minimal loss of life (though still too much in my opinion) A similar, and hopefully as successful, venture could be posed for Iraq. The goal wasn't engaging troops, it was simply a snatch-and-run. Lasted a very short amount of time.

There are always other options aside from war. All avenues should be persued before the killing starts.

Miroku
11-16-2002, 07:26 AM
Evinrude, that bit about me hiding under my bed was sarcasm. My point was that if Gore had been our President last September, I dont think he would have handled it nearly as well as Bush has. I mean look at Clinton, that man rolled over for everyone, he never stood up for this country, and dont forget he went to war with, what country was it Kosovo(?) back in the mid nineties, and did just an okay job of it too. If he had actually planned it out it would have been much shorter, and ther would have been less casulities. So if that was acceptable to the American people than invading Iraq and ridding the world of that tyrant should be too.

I'll gladly die defending democracy....if I felt democracy was threatened, which it isn't. I won't die for A) oil B) the Bush dynasty or C) Political causes I don't believe in.

So are you saying if the potential Democracy of a country is at stake, because its not YOUR Democracy you wouldnt die! That is like saying during WWII just because the Jews were being slaughtered by Hitler it dosent matter because its not happening in THIS country. Read what you said again. Democracy is not just about one person, its about everybody. And the way a Democracy works is that if a majority of the people within the Democracy feel a particular way, than that is the way it will be. And considering that Bush won the election, and is our most popular President in fifty years I would say he has the right to make decisions of this magnitude. Obviously people trust him..........except the people on this board for some reason. Democracy is about the whole world, not just this country. Democrats dont understand this concept. They dont understand that what happens overseas affects us too. WWI and WWII are perfect examples of this. If we had decided not to fight in WWII Hitler would rule Europe right now. And again let me point out this fact about Sadam Husein. HE GASSES HIS OWN PEOPLE! Oh, he must be a pure innocent saint, and were only going after him for his oil because were bad! Please.

I mean, did you completely forget that little event known as the Vietnam War? Sending troops in the direction of trouble fixes relatively nothing and upsets the hippies. National immaturity in inacceptable.

My dad was drafted into Vietnam. He has no problem with Bush, or what he is doing. Because he knows its right.

Cassandra
11-16-2002, 10:19 AM
So every country in the world should be a democracy? Uhh...no. It doesn't work that way.

And I'd hate to tell you....the US is a "democracy." And here, the majority doesn't always have control. It's those in power who have control. And the companies who grease those people's hands to "win" their vote.

And we're not going after Saddam because he gassed his own people. If we were, then we should be attacking half of the African nations for "crimes against humanity." We're going after Saddam because Bush wants to look all righteous after 9/11. Like he's the "Daddy" protecting his "Children" from the "Evil" of the world.

Miroku
11-16-2002, 01:53 PM
Yes, every country in the world should be a democracy.

Look at Communist China. You think a billion starving Chinese people want to live like that. As much as you might think America has problems, they have it worse.

The difference is that some countries can have diplomatic relations like sensible people...........actually sitting down and discussing things. Others cant. Violence is the only language that Sadam Hussein speaks, and were about to take him to school.

Just like in life, if someone is giving you problems, you can talk with them about it, if they are one of those people. If they are a big stupid immoral bully, then the only way to get them off your back is to deck em. Enough said.

Babbit_Chan
11-16-2002, 02:42 PM
Um, I thought this thread said, "DON'T CLICK IF YOU LIKE BUSH." 'Nuff said. Otherwise, let's move it to the serious discussion thread, folks, where the other people are playing nice - or so we think.

Evinrude
11-16-2002, 02:58 PM
Oh, he must be a pure innocent saint, and were only going after him for his oil because were bad! Please.

I can only interpret this in two ways. One, it's flame bate trolling. Or two, you really REALLY misunderstood what I said. Not only did I agree that Sadam is a bad person, I provided a historical fact as evidence that we could capture him with minimal loss of life.

I mean look at Clinton

Won't disagree with you there. Clinton was a lousy president. But it wasn't because he was a democrat, it's because he was a man lacking in vision and with shakey moral standards. Plenty of those to be had in all parties.

the way a Democracy works is that if a majority of the people within the Democracy feel a particular way, than that is the way it will be.

To see if this is true, I suggest you look up the following:
1. Presidential election 1876
2. Presidential election 1888

And came darn close in 2000, as well. :) Also, don't forget that political intrest groups, big business, and personal corruption has a way of making democracy a bit of a farce at times. Democracy as practiced in the United States is not true democracy.

potential Democracy of a country is at stake, because its not YOUR Democracy you wouldnt die!

Didn't say that either. If I felt it were the case, I'd consider it. But the U.S. has a habit of installing puppet governments chock full of corrupt leaders. Don't forget, we supported Saddam during his war with Iran. The U.S. trained Bin Laden durring Afganastans war with Russia.

And it wasn't the extermination of Jews that pulled the United States into World War II, it was the bombing of Pearl Harbor. Your democracy doesn't always stand up to the test global morals. It generally takes something very personal to get it to move.

My dad was drafted into Vietnam.

Good for your dad. Not everyone who was drafted had personal moral conflicts with our war with North Vietnam.

Obviously people trust him..........except the people on this board for some reason.

You need to get out more often. :) Even in my small town I have seen protesters. Watch the news, read a newspaper. Bush doesn't have 100% support. While he does have a high approval rating, it isn't that high. Even a 10% DISAPPROVAL rating equates to a large number of people.

The Bush administration has gone to great lengths to make it difficult to be openly disapproving. Our representatives who have shown disapproval have been labeled as unpatriotic. That trickles down to the common man. No one wants to be seen as unpatriotic.

The Patriot act gave our government sweeping powers over our lives with little resistance. How much longer before we return to the Sedition Act of 1798 (http://earlyamerica.com/earlyamerica/milestones/sedition/s-text.html)?

Evinrude
11-16-2002, 03:00 PM
Doh, sorry Babbit. You are right. We should move this to Serious Discussion.

die-sama
11-17-2002, 02:25 PM
haha i like that XD

bush is..evil ;:-;;

Tea-chan
11-17-2002, 04:40 PM
AHAHAHHA. XD

My god. I don't know if it's my lack of sleep, but that put me into hysterical giggles. Wai. XD

Adella
11-21-2002, 04:54 AM
Republicans... *sigh*

[edit]Do you guys want me to send this to serious discussion?

Evinrude
11-21-2002, 01:10 PM
Do you guys want me to send this to serious discussion?

I think it merged into the two threads "American and Iraq" and "What can you do about it." :) So it's already moved.