PDA

View Full Version : Saving Pics from Your Own Gallery

Hanyaan
02-26-2004, 11:28 PM
OK, I was really stupid and deleted a cosplay pic that is in my gallery here. Prob is, every time I try to save it (and I'm logged in as me), I get an "index.html" file that when opened takes me to images.cosplay.com. Is there any way I can retrieve it?

dani
02-27-2004, 12:07 AM
do a right click on the pic, choose properties, and you'll get the URL of the pic itself. copy the URL and open it in a new IE window. Then you'll be able to save it.

Hope it works...
Dani

ZiggyB
02-27-2004, 12:09 AM
It's one of the protections against direct linking on LiveJournal or another forum. Your browser is probably doing something wrong when you try to save. Try using another browser, I don't have problems with Mozilla or Firefox ( http://www.mozilla.org/ ) you may wanna try Opera as well.

Hanyaan
02-27-2004, 12:13 AM
Ah, thanks. XD FYI, I'm using Safari, and most Mac users use Safari. XD Hate to bring it up but seriously that's not good news for Mac people, for while we are a mere 5%, we are the most vocal 5% I've ever seen...

EDIT: No that's not a threat or anything... It's just mentioning that every Mac user I've seen has a serious "Macs-Are-Better" superiority complex of some sort, and while I have come to terms with the fact that most people use windows, there are some dumbass mac people out there who will flame anything that isn't 100% Mac-compatible. XD I wish more of the Mac community wasn't like that, but oh well.

ZiggyB
02-27-2004, 12:38 AM
Actually it's a browser thing, it really doesn't matter what OS it's on, Mac, Windows, Unix. It's a quirk in the broswer. :)

And btw, Mozilla is native on the Mac. :)