PDA

View Full Version : Naruto Leg Wraps

baku_neko
02-27-2004, 09:51 AM
Don't know if this has already been discussed, so sorry if it already has.

For those of you who have cosplayed as characters from Naruto, how did you do your leg wraps (if your character need some)? I'm trying to wrap fabric around my leg (I'm gonna be Sasuke), but it keeps sliding down after a bit of moving around. I tried wraping my legs in athletic tape, but that just made my leg un-movable (never used that stuff before!). So I'm lost as to what I should do....

Well anyhow, please help! Thanks!

mitylene
02-27-2004, 10:07 AM
It depends on the fabric you use. I made my dark Sasuke bandage wraps from white fabric. The first kind frayed really badly. The second try I used much stretchyer white fabric that doesn't fray and it worked great. I could just tuck in the end into the wrapping itself. I have a pic of dark Sasuke in my gallery if you want to see.

baku_neko
02-27-2004, 10:25 AM
It depends on the fabric you use. I made my dark Sasuke bandage wraps from white fabric. The first kind frayed really badly. The second try I used much stretchyer white fabric that doesn't fray and it worked great. I could just tuck in the end into the wrapping itself. I have a pic of dark Sasuke in my gallery if you want to see.

I wanted to use some stretchy stuff, but my friedns said it wouldn't look right. Well, I think it looks just fine when you used it, so blah to them. ^_^

Did you use heavy-fabric stretchy stuff or light weight like spandex? And any ideas on how to get the blue straps on the top and bottom to stay on? I thought I could just tuck them into the wraps, but they slide out, especially the bottom ones. Any way to secure them and still make it look good?

TyJILDown
02-27-2004, 12:22 PM
My boyfriends mother works in a hospital and was able to get white ACE bandages (unlike the brownish ones sold).

They worked great for my Sakura, his Sasuke & Kakashi costumes.

Easily to use, and basically looks like what is used in the series..

baku_neko
02-27-2004, 09:42 PM
My boyfriends mother works in a hospital and was able to get white ACE bandages (unlike the brownish ones sold).

They worked great for my Sakura, his Sasuke & Kakashi costumes.

Easily to use, and basically looks like what is used in the series..

That's a great idea!

Gandaulf3
02-28-2004, 05:48 PM
Great idea with the white ace bandages, I work at a hospital and I'm working on a kakashi costume, I'm so gonna jack some of those bandages for work and use them.

baku_neko
02-28-2004, 09:05 PM
Wah....everyone has connections to hospitals! [sniff] I want some white ace bandages...

allyunion
02-29-2004, 12:00 AM
Volunteer for a hospital?

Do a search online?

TyJILDown
02-29-2004, 11:06 AM
eBay OCCASIONALLY sells them but they have restrictions to who can buy them. They required you to provide information on your business and that it will be used for medical practice.(I don't know what is so special about the white ones!)

I am thinking about buying a lot of them though, being as I am a physical therapist's aide & work in an orthopeadic clinic and selling them to those who need them for cosplay use...

The brown ones just aren't the same as using these crisp white ones.

huggableshinobi
02-29-2004, 01:58 PM
My friend kate and I used gauze when we were Iruka and Mizuki last year at Otakon. They worked really really well if you wrapped them right.

baku_neko
03-01-2004, 09:53 AM
I am thinking about buying a lot of them though, being as I am a physical therapist's aide & work in an orthopeadic clinic and selling them to those who need them for cosplay use...

The brown ones just aren't the same as using these crisp white ones.

If you could hook me up, that'd be great!

Yeah, I saw some online for sale allyunion, but you had to have proof that they are for your medical business and what not....as for working at a hospital, I already have a job I love very much, and school to deal with too, so I really don't have time for that....