PDA

View Full Version : Ahhh! (&^$%#^)@!!!

Yuna
11-12-2002, 09:52 PM
AHH! I can't believe it, it's really here, I could cry! The new Samus game is FINALLY coming out! My brother and I ahve been waiting for this game since Super Metroid on SNES *-* I saw the comercial for it and you can change the views to inside her helmet and all this awesome stuff *-* Yay!!! I can't wait to tell my brother when he comes back from his submarine trip thing *-*

Is anyone else totally flipped out over this game, or is it just me who's been waiting like 10 years for this game?!?

:eek: :eek:

RyuHayabusaDOA2
11-12-2002, 10:15 PM
I'm waiting happily for this Game, Yuna-sama. Gosh,. I love playing the original Metroid on my Dreamcast(Nintendo Emulator for the DC) and man, I wouldn't mind playing Super Metroid as well.! Thank god I got a cool screensaver of Samus...got it from a free gamecube promo DVD at Funcoland/Gamespot

psythe
11-13-2002, 06:58 AM
This game is going to kick @$$.....even the menu system is gorgeous.

Yuna
11-13-2002, 10:00 AM
*-* You know what would ROCK... if someone cosplayed Samus... every guy would seriously jeeze his pants... lol. If I knew how to make Armor, I'd cosplayer her in a heartneat.

psythe
11-13-2002, 10:04 AM
0o0o0o0o!!! Samus Cosplay!

That would be a show stopper indeed.

Although, that would be quite the task, considering it would probably need vacuum formed pieces, a la BGC2040 Hardsuits or Stormtrooper gear.

katchoo
11-13-2002, 10:31 AM
Have it on reserve...can't wait!!!

Yuna
11-13-2002, 10:40 AM
OoOoOo... I know Storm Troopers...

Ranma Saotome
11-13-2002, 11:13 AM
I am a bit indifferent about it being a FPS. But I do love the graphics on it. I hope Nintendo makes the next on like the original. ^^

psythe
11-13-2002, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by Yuna
OoOoOo... I know Storm Troopers...

There ya go..:thumbsup:

Sirami
11-13-2002, 11:47 AM
Oh yah, I've been looking forward to this game. I was a little worried when I heard it was going to be a FPS, but I'm not worried anymore. I wonder if I can find a mouse and keybord for gamecube.

Yuna
11-13-2002, 12:22 PM
lol... I almost make it sound like i know real ones or something... lol

I think everyone was worried about the FPS, but I accually think it will be really interesting. Also if they cut out Ridley (sp?) and the Mother Brain AND All her little friends, I'm gonna be pissed XD

psythe
11-13-2002, 12:28 PM
lol.....Sith Empress Yuna....O_o

The effects on the visor are out of hand, and the overall motion looks really sweet. I can see the playstation 2 taking a vacation when this comes home.

Yuna
11-13-2002, 12:38 PM
I can see X-Box taking one too. They've made us wait over 10 years for this... it's going to be SOOOOOOOO BOMB...

::explodes::

I haven't been this excited about a game since FFX *-*

Studmaster
11-13-2002, 12:49 PM
I'm acutally more excited for Metroid Fusion than this one to be honest. The game should rock, but I don't expect it to beat Super Metroid out, which remains argurably the best game ever. I don't have a GC either, so I'll probably get more excited when I get one.

Adella
11-13-2002, 06:04 PM
Hm. I was actually considering cosplaying Samus for Anime Expo. If I did though it would be very accurate..

psythe
11-13-2002, 06:10 PM
The one west coaster Im gonna make it to is gonna be AX03 so if either of you do Samus pleeeeeez make it at AX ^^;

Aoshi Shinomori
11-13-2002, 06:11 PM
well from the looks of it, it looks like a first person shooter.. I usually cant play first person shooter for too long. I get dizzy spells..

Yuna
11-14-2002, 03:49 AM
people said the same thing about Zelda on N64.. I didn't ever get dizzy

ThrustPuppy
11-14-2002, 05:38 AM
It's only old games that ever made me dizzy, like Shadows of the Empire for N64. I think it's due to choppy frame rates, and terrible cameras. Neither should be problems anymore.

KaitouKurogo
11-15-2002, 01:42 AM
Pleeeeeese do a Samus Cosplay for AX03! Seriously, if anyone does do this and they live in California or the neighboring states, contact me and I'll come over and help you. I'm dead serious.

I love Metroid, plus I adore the Samus armor. I've done armor models and prototype sets for Rockman armor, so I know how it works. My friends and I are all into Kendo, but we make our own armor out of odds and ends. I once made a full Shogun amor set out of old football elbow pads and weight-lifters back support belts.

Yuna
11-15-2002, 04:44 AM
Wow, that's really cool! I need to catch my friend when she's online because she is in a "cosplayer group" with a *lot* of storm troopers who all had their suits vacuformed. I want to ask how much it was and who they went to *-*

Studmaster
11-20-2002, 01:54 PM
Anybody got the game yet?

psythe
11-20-2002, 02:43 PM
Its.....gorgeous....

katchoo
11-20-2002, 03:35 PM
It's really cool! And the music is great. I just have to get used to the controls.

Michi
11-20-2002, 04:54 PM
Do eet Nessaaaaa, do eeeeeet!

Aaaand I heard that it may look like a first person shooter, but it's supposed to be totally not, and keep true to the other Metroid games. I've got a GameCube, so I'll play it eventually (I'm poor and have other games on my list to get first :P) but.. I'll probably get Metroid Fusion first. :3

Celine
11-20-2002, 10:43 PM
Oooh! I got to see this game yesterday... it is gorgeous, and you get to see some familiar faces almost right away (good or bad depending how much you liked them in the first place). The controls seem really confusing at first, but all of the same sorts of attacks and abilities are intact. It's really quite impressive so far, and I can't wait to see more of it. The music is very fitting! ^_^

TyJILDown
11-23-2002, 12:56 AM
SIlly me starting a topic on the game, didn't know this was about it!!

Anyways, I got the game Thursday, it's AMAZING! I love it, easy to adjust to the controls and I like the transition from sidescroll to FPS. I didn't get to play for too long so far, just played long enough to enter the Chozo Ruins.

Anyways, about a Samus costume, I remember someone at one of the gaming forums posting a picture of one, must be an official Nintendo one seeing at how great it is. Just found one shot of now...
http://cubemedia.ign.com/cube/image/spotmetroidcom4in.jpg

Admin
11-23-2002, 04:35 AM
The game is beautiful.

pakachu420
11-23-2002, 04:39 PM
*sigh*
i almost regret getting a ps2 instead of a game cube...

...almost

thankgod for my GBA and metroid:fusion!
ahhh...pleasent memories come flooding back...

Oshi
11-23-2002, 05:01 PM
Augh... I played the demo twice now, I love the game... first I was turned off by the fact it's an FPS, but.. damn! I wish I had more money ...

Yautja834
11-23-2002, 05:45 PM
with everyone saying how good it is im starting to want to return resident evil 0 and get metroid prim now!

drbuns
11-24-2002, 05:28 AM
I too have been more interested in Metroid fusion...in fact, I picked it up! Great game! I am nearly half-way now, if my guess is correct...

Celine
11-24-2002, 06:58 AM
Originally posted by TyJILDown
Anyways, about a Samus costume, I remember someone at one of the gaming forums posting a picture of one, must be an official Nintendo one seeing at how great it is. Just found one shot of now...
http://cubemedia.ign.com/cube/image/spotmetroidcom4in.jpg

Has anyone else seen the TV commercial? I think that's a shot of the suit being worn in the commercial. As I was really tired last night, I thought they were mixing in gameplay with other clips... but I dunno, really.