PDA

View Full Version : How to make this cosplay more flattering?

faraday48
12-07-2012, 02:09 AM
I'm not sure if this is the right place for this but here goes...

I put together a Hermione Granger 4th year cosplay for my first otakon in 2011. I put a lot of thought into it, but looking back, though my clothes fit me, they made me look, for lack of a better word, rather frumpy.

Picture here: https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/407258_10150507885462144_1861589922_n.jpg

I'd really love to use this cosplay again (this pic lacks the many props I assembled for the complete Hermione Granger look) and I'm really proud of it, but before I wear it again I'd like to figure out how to make it more flattering. Thanks!

tealFOXY
12-07-2012, 02:58 AM
The hair looks a bit messy, but other than that, stand tall and proud. Hermione isn't a sloucher!

SweeneyTodd
12-07-2012, 03:02 AM
I'm not too familiar with the differences between the years of HP, but I think tucking in your shirt might help make the appearance neater

Libis
12-07-2012, 10:54 AM
I would use a bit more foundation. Just to help photograph better. :)

Maybe find a better-fitting button up shirt. Then, as the previous poster said, maybe tuck it in.

ChatNoir
12-07-2012, 11:36 AM
First if all, your hair is great for Hermione!

As far as making it less baggy, either a more fitted/structured white shirt or if you don't want to buy a new one , pin the one you have in the back to make it tighter. Basically the fit of the clothes can make a big difference. :)

Mangochutney
12-07-2012, 11:57 AM
You're wearing an undershirt, and leaving that untucked too. Not the best idea; it de-emphasizes the waist and adds bulk throughout the torso. Get the thinnest camisole you can find, and tuck it in if it goes past the waist of your skirt. Iron both the shirt and the skirt. Button up your shirt as high as it will go, and wear your tie more snugly. You can also take the focus off your waist by wearing something that emphasizes your face and shoulders, like a house scarf.

Your posture, at least in that specific photo, seems to slump you forward from the waist. That'll make anyone look bad. Stand up straight.