PDA

View Full Version : Ceres in School Uniform (Ayashi no Ceres)

Aya Frost
02-27-2004, 09:07 PM
Well I've been debating about this and thinking about this, and I've finally decided I will have you people judge my outfit. ^_^ Now my grandmother and I made this together so I want to give her credit. Also I'm not sure If I'm allowed to use this picture or not since it wasn't I who took it. But I will give credit where credit is desvered. Here is what the anime outfit looks like. (It's Aya in the picture but that's the outfit I'm wearing)

This is Aya in the School outfit (http://www.fortunecity.com/roswell/mysticmeg/24/Ayashi/Images/Anime/AnC-Aya2.jpg)

Now this is a picture by Didjiman (http://www.dragonsgate.net/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=218&password=&sort=1&cat=505&page=7)

This is Ceres's hair; My wig is in the picture above. My mom's co-worker cut the wig for me. (http://www.fortunecity.com/roswell/mysticmeg/24/Ayashi/Images/Anime/AnC-Ceres.jpg)

Sorry I don't have any other pictures of the outfit but that's all I have, since it's the only ones with my eyes open o_o; Thank you for looking at my outfit and possibly commenting and helping me making it better! ^_^

~Aya Yuy

ShatteredSunset
02-27-2004, 10:14 PM
YAY! Aya's so pretty, I love the anime ^^ I think the outfit's nice, might want to smooth the wig a bit somehow, since Ceres generally has a very suave look to her.. Also, maybe make the blue bow a little stiffer and of a lighter color? But this is really great, you look good ^_^ Any idea where you'll wear it?

Ali
02-27-2004, 11:44 PM
The pleats need to be pressed into the skirt... that can be done with a steam setting and lot of patience. You'll probably have to do that before each time you wear the costume.

Your yellow trim is very wide... was that a style choice you made?

The edges of the opening of the school uniform jacket are square, not rounded. That was pretty striking to me. The coat also seems pretty long.

But I love that uniform... great job!

Aya Frost
02-28-2004, 01:02 PM
Shattersunset: I wore it to Ani-Magic 2003 Thanks for the compliment

Ali: Ack!! Yer right @_@ about the pointness of the jacket. The smooth look to the wig would be a good touch as well. Though the coat part I think was from the stance I was in. One hip was to the side. But possibly you're right about it being long. And I think the trim was suppose to be long, or maybe it was how my grandma and i made it o.o; @_@ Then again we made it in a week so... It's all good. Thanks for the help on my costume too Ali.

liz-maru
02-29-2004, 07:48 PM
i really think that the uniform looks awesome! the lines are clean and straight ^^ which i find hard for me so, i think you and your grandmom did awesome! i do think that some finishing touches to the wig would add a ton and if you could fix the bow a bit it would all be perfect! ^-^ looks great!

Cait
03-03-2004, 08:58 PM
I would actually go for a much darker wig. My impression of Cere's hair was one of black with a blue sheen. I agree with what's been said about the costume itself, though. The edges of the jacket are suposed to be square, not round, and the skirt is suposed to be pleated, but the pleats aren't sewn together at the top. Also, the skirt is sposed to be rather short. Your is really well made, though.

Yin
03-03-2004, 11:45 PM

Aya Frost
03-04-2004, 05:36 PM
Cait you're right about the wig. However I was using the anime version of Ceres, though the Manga version is a lot more... umm... swove? @_@ I dunno

Liz-maru Thank you for the encouragement as well ^_^

Yin Why oh why must anime girls have short skirts!! @_@ I will use your suggestions and work on it.

Thank you all for your encouragement and your suggestions. I will work on it ^_^

~Aya Yuy

Yin
03-05-2004, 09:33 AM
I can't answer that. =)

It's hardly my fault. ^^ You picked the character with a short skirt. Yours looks disproportional. -_O Or.. like it was designed for an 8' tall Ayi. Regardless, if you are going for modest, I could find you a much better candidate. ^^

Side from the anime skirty-length thing.. Fact still remains:

Her jacket comes to her hips, yours comes to mid-thigh. Her skirt comes to her upper thigh, and yours goes down to the knee. =)

Great start, don't get me wrong! ^^

- Yin-yin

Seraphims
03-05-2004, 12:00 PM
Yin, I think you'r being a little harsh, but I do see your point. the costume look good how it is. If you want to be a little bit more accurate, shorten the coat a little... and the skirt A TINY BIT. I made a rikku costume, and it was very accurate as to skirt length... I can't lean forward at all. 100% serious, without panties showing.

Aya Frost
03-05-2004, 05:40 PM
I appreciate all of the help you people have given me. Unfortunately Yesterday I went to start to modify it and i couldn't. I guess it's the sentimental part of me which wants to keep what my grandma and I build together, together. ^_^> Probably cuz my grandma and I are close. ^-^>

~Aya Yuy