PDA

View Full Version : Need a mascot!!

katchoo
11-13-2002, 01:38 AM
Hi all you talented people out there! I need a mascot for my website Gamingangels.com. I would like a cute anime girl with wings attached. I can't pay a lot, because it's just a site for fun, but I will put your name on the site so that hopefully you can get other commissions too! Please contact me if you are interested.

Thank you so much *bows*

Setsuki-chan
11-13-2002, 02:35 AM
Is the site created yet? Can I look at it? >: D *Peeks through all of of Katchoo's personal info and profiles*

katchoo
11-13-2002, 11:27 AM
hehe I have started, but my brother has created a new front page that we still have to implement. I was away on vacation last weekend, so i didn't get to do it. But I am welcome to all kinds of ideas, and if anyone wants to help review for the site. I am in the process of getting companies like XBox and Playstation to send us free games to review. XBox likes the aspect that I am trying to reach female gamers. I just need to get off of my butt and do it! hehe

Ayaka
11-13-2002, 03:39 PM
Do you want a chibi angel, or one with (fairly) normal human proportions? And anything else you were thinking of, outfit and style wise? I can't do it right this second but I'll give it a whack.

I did the mascot for Method Cosplay (www.methodcosplay.com), though that was like six months ago so my art's better now.

Nietsche
11-13-2002, 04:04 PM
I could help out! ^^
Just give me an idea of what you would like!

katchoo
11-13-2002, 04:51 PM
Well, it might help if I describe the site.

Site name : GamingAngels.com
Purpose: The beginning purpose is to have a cosplay group site where members of the group cosplay Video Game characters. From there the site will grow into an anime, manga, video games, review site. As soon as I have members, XBox and other companies may even sponser us games to promote gaming to females *which is my overall goal. I would like women to know about opportunities that they have for careers in the video game industry. *

Ideas: I really have none. I would like a regular sized anime girl with wings. If you want she can be holding a game controller or you can add something to it for the video game aspect. The majority of the site will be a pink background so you might not want to put too much pink on her.

I hope that helps! I would really love to hear any/all ideas any of you may have!
love,
katchoo ^_^

Maryssa
11-13-2002, 08:20 PM
I will definitely get back to you on this, I should have some free time this weekend. I'm turning professional as we speak, but I'll cut you a break and probably not charge you =p

(and i suppose its not necessary to mention that videogames and angels are 2 of my biggest obsessions :D )

katchoo
11-13-2002, 10:22 PM
hehe...thank you so much! I would love to pay you something if I can. I'm not sure how much i can pay because i learned today that my job is being layed off.

*bows* thank you again
PS: I love your image hehe
and if you want to review for the site let me know

Spooky Brew
11-14-2002, 03:55 AM
I'll be free to help out! PM or something if you want a diffrent little mascot on each page so everyone can get their artwork on and it won't be more of a "competion"!

katchoo
11-14-2002, 11:52 AM
That's a great idea! There could be a cosplay one, and an video games one, anime reviewer, possibilities are endless! You are all so creative!! hehe

Setsuki-chan
11-14-2002, 06:36 PM
Ayaka, your mascot for that other page is really good! XD

Spooky Brew
11-14-2002, 07:12 PM
Great that you like the idea! I think we should get one that can siut our artistic ability...if one can't do wings very well he/she can do the cosplay one! It's all a matter what you think you can do best! Me, I don't care....I can do anything I guess! MUHAHAHAHAHA!

katchoo
11-14-2002, 07:25 PM
I think what I would like to do is also actually cosplay the mascots also for the various conventions coming up. So then you can see your artwork come to life. hehe ^_^ And we can advertise for the site too.

Spooky Brew
11-14-2002, 07:36 PM
So what do you want me to draw exactly? Here's an example of my work!

Cyber Wolf
11-14-2002, 08:18 PM
Oi, I wanna help too! ^^

Ayaka
11-14-2002, 10:49 PM
Is that . . . Inuyasha with boobs? oO;;; Really nice though!

Thanks Setsuki. ^^

Gee, you've got a lot of replies! I like the idea of having a different image for each page, one of the con sites (Otakon?) did something similar, and I actually went to all the pages just to see all the images, lol. Now if I can just get back to my art supplies, I can do something!

diqitaldreams
11-14-2002, 11:02 PM
^_^ I wanna help! I wanna help!

Spooky Brew
11-14-2002, 11:56 PM
Somebody's roleplaying character...it's basically a Inu Yasha...same concept, but a girl....O_o;;;;;

katchoo
11-15-2002, 12:28 PM
Cool, the more the better!
Spooky - wow that's really cute! ummmm really you have full artistic control here. Just don't put too much pink since the whole site is pink and white. I really have no ideas, but I knew I could get some great responses from the people here.

Maryssa
11-15-2002, 02:21 PM
here is what i scribbled up in the time i have before my riding lesson. its quite rough but let me know if you like the concept ^_^

katchoo
11-15-2002, 03:01 PM
EEEEEE ^_^ how cute!!! That is adorable! And I love the fact that she is holding a controller!!!! Awesome job!!!

Spooky Brew
11-15-2002, 09:30 PM
Ok, those who ARE intrested please PM me so I can figure out whose doing what then I'll talk it over with Katchoo, tay? PM me and give me a preference in what you would like to draw or what you're better at doing so everyone can get a chance and Katchoo doesn't have to worry about a headache! Seem reasonable? Now, PM me!!!!!!!

Spooky Brew
11-16-2002, 07:24 PM
~whoosh~
Wait, was that a tumbleweed?
Jeez, long time no post for this one!

psythe
11-16-2002, 07:39 PM
Good pictures Spooky and Maryssa!!

Spooky Brew
11-16-2002, 07:40 PM
(in Jay Sherman voice)
Thank you!

katchoo
11-16-2002, 11:33 PM
Thank you so much for taking over organizing abilities for this one. I do have something special planned for all people that contribute to this project. It's not money, but I think those that contribute will appreciate it. *gosh I wish I could pay everyone*
love,
katchoo

Spooky Brew
11-17-2002, 12:02 AM
As soon as I get some Pm's of conformation, I'll PM you Katchoo!

Morbius
11-18-2002, 03:19 PM
I think I could help. You can see some of my work in the original characters thread. Guess I should PM Spooky. :)

Spooky Brew
11-18-2002, 07:47 PM
We got one volunteer! (Excluding myself)
Anyone else? This is your moment to shine!
Morbius, beautiful pictures!

Morbius
11-18-2002, 08:00 PM
Thank ya muchly.

Maryssa
11-19-2002, 11:43 PM
Er, my submission is above, i posted it last week.

Spooky Brew
11-20-2002, 12:54 AM
Maryssa, PM me so we can work out details and such!

sailor-moon
11-20-2002, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by Spooky Brew
So what do you want me to draw exactly? Here's an example of my work!
hey hey! isnt that an original character that belongs to a girl that does cute lil sailor moon cosplay? she s out in cali somewhere.

Usagi

Spooky Brew
11-20-2002, 09:06 PM
It's a fan picture! I already sent her a copy! I don't think she would mind...it's her character and my drawing...I don't mean to steal at all! It's a fan picture! AHHHH!!!!

sailor-moon
11-21-2002, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by Spooky Brew
It's a fan picture! I already sent her a copy! I don't think she would mind...it's her character and my drawing...I don't mean to steal at all! It's a fan picture! AHHHH!!!!

no no no! i didnt mean it in a bad way, i just wanted to know if you did it for her^.^ and you did^o^ its so cute^.^....love the hair.

Usagi

Spooky Brew
11-21-2002, 07:07 PM
Oh.....why thank you ^_~

Spooky Brew
11-22-2002, 04:31 AM
If you want to work on the mascot, please PM before Monday! This thread has gone for over a week, and it's time to wrap it up! MONDAY IS THE LAST DAY!! PM if you want to contribute!!!!
Thank you!

Morbius
12-12-2002, 11:08 PM
Sorry it took me so long. This is what I got so far. Just a pencil sketch but if this is cool I'll ink and color it. ^^;

http://razorstudio.com/stuff/gameangel.jpg

Spooky Brew
12-13-2002, 01:14 AM
Awesome!!! That's perfect!!! Great job Morbius!!!!

katchoo
12-13-2002, 01:45 PM
yeah, that looks so great! I can't wait to see them all!

Morbius
12-13-2002, 10:35 PM
Hows this?

http://www.razorstudio.com/stuff/angel.jpg

Spooky Brew
12-13-2002, 10:40 PM
*claps* That's so great!!! AWESOME!!!!

Mizuho
12-13-2002, 11:07 PM
Morbius:

Your skills have impressed me. You did an absolutely wonderful job with your submission! Very Akumastu-esque. One of my favorite manga artists. :D

Maryssa
12-14-2002, 09:19 AM
very nice, but I think the colors for a mascot could be a little more vivid though, and the angle she is on is a little awkward, like she's falling or something... glad you adapted my controller thing. i dunno i just think a mascot would have something very unique about it...her clothes are a little... plain? I dunno =/ its a beautiful drawing but i dont know if it screams 'mascot'

katchoo (not spooky): uh do you still even want mine? if there isnt reason for me to finish it let me know.

sailor-moon
12-14-2002, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by Maryssa
very nice, but I think the colors for a mascot could be a little more vivid though, and the angle she is on is a little awkward, like she's falling or something... glad you adapted my controller thing. i dunno i just think a mascot would have something very unique about it...her clothes are a little... plain? I dunno =/ its a beautiful drawing but i dont know if it screams 'mascot'

i agree with maryssa, it need more color^.^, and now that i think about it, the angel is kinda off, but dont take this the wrong way! i like it!! its so very cute!!^o^

Morbius
12-16-2002, 11:49 AM
heh, I see what your saying, but I really don't have time to fix it at this point. Since Maryssa seems so eager maybe you should use hers. :) Good luck gang.

katchoo
12-16-2002, 12:20 PM
Morbius,

I would just like to say that I love it!! I appreciate any and all hardwork that you have put by trying to contribute! I am going to be using all the drawings on my website.

Thank you and everyone who is helping!

Thanks,
katchoo