PDA

View Full Version : room for females only

Pages : [1] 2

Alanna-chan
02-28-2004, 02:20 AM
Anyone uncnfortable about sharing with guys (or minors who's parents just won't let you) but still want to share w/ someone, post here. Also, we need someone over 18 to book the room. Or if you're already sharing, and everyone happens to be female and wouldn't mind having more people, say so here.

momo_anzu
02-28-2004, 06:30 AM
Yay^_^ Hopefully someone is 18....lol

Misa-chan
02-28-2004, 09:18 AM
I could if my dad lets me, I'm not sure if he booked already though. But you never know, he might back out at the last minute and make me ride down & share a room with someone else (Kayla?) so we'll see.

Tsuki_Hime
02-28-2004, 09:35 PM
Err, I'd love to share a room with you guys...coz the other group seems quite shaky in letting me in. They already have like a ga-ba-zillion people sharing the rooms...xD So just please let me know what happens because I'm a little confused on my room situation...x.x

AIM: xKawaii Himex

Alanna-chan
02-29-2004, 06:27 AM
Even though we don't have many people yet, but I'm thinking about staying at Whyndam since it's only $137 a night for up to 4 people (legally anyway ;)) And we're paying for 3 nights (thurs, fri and sat.) So who knows if they're in yet?

OdangoAtama
02-29-2004, 11:38 PM
Um...I'm 18. ^_^ Wait actually I'm 19...i keep forgettin that ^_~

Alanna-chan
03-01-2004, 04:20 AM
yay :) so who knows that they know that they know that they're in?

momo_anzu
03-01-2004, 03:43 PM
I'm in, heh, no matter what mama say...>_< lol

fushigi-chan
03-01-2004, 07:01 PM
Yeah, I'm having issues and not sure if any of my friends can come cus of internships and overseas travels, so I would be interested in sharing a room
That's not a definate though.

I'm only 16 tho, and probably in need of otakon friends *sniff*

Tsuki_Hime
03-01-2004, 07:49 PM
*huggles fushigi-chan* I'm 16 and in need of Otakon buddies too! xD

Anyways, I'm in and maybe my buddy, but i reallllly suggest getting more people to share the room...I dont mind sleeping on the floor. ^^;; Driving all the way to Maryland from Georgia will definitely eat my wallet w/gas prices x.x So, I really need help chopping down the prices...^^;;

fushigi-chan
03-01-2004, 09:00 PM
hehe, yay!!! *huggles back*

yeah, my friend julianna might be able to come
and possibly my sis...but as i said, she may have an internship *she's 20*

but yeah, i'd say there's a fairly good possibility of me being able to stay in the room =)

Tsuki_Hime
03-03-2004, 05:22 PM
It looks like not many people are interested in sharing a room... o.o;;;
I can only afford to stay in the room if at least 6 people are gonna share...just driving up to Maryland will be the majority of my expenses (sadly enough ;_; ). I can't guarantee that i'll be in unless I find out that there is at least 6 ppl...so yea...^^;;

Alanna-chan
03-04-2004, 06:20 AM
I think there is more than 6 if everyone who said they might can.
-Alanna
-Momo
-Misa-chan (is Kayla in too)
-OdangoAtama
-Fushigi-chan
-Julianna
-Fushigi's sister
-Tsuki-hime
-Friend of tsuki-hime

Bluucircles
03-05-2004, 02:42 PM
Hey. I dunno what I'm doing for Otakon yet because I'm still a mess. But, if I were to be able to join with you guys, somehow, when would I have to know by? I'd love to room with other people. I just have a problem of how I'm getting there. But, it'd be me and my best friend. We're both 17, and we'll be 18 by Otakon, just so you know ^^;;

Anyways, just trying to find other options. Thanks.

Alanna-chan
03-05-2004, 04:21 PM
By the time we book the room, which is when we have enough (hoping for atleast 10 people)

Tsuki_Hime
03-05-2004, 09:26 PM
Scratch meh buddy...she can't go at all *sniffsniff*

Alanna-chan
03-09-2004, 03:50 AM
How many people wanna go thursday night too? Will it be better for most of you if we just stay friday and saturday?

OdangoAtama
03-10-2004, 11:04 AM
I've never gone to otakon thursday night...I normally just do for katsucon since its farther away but hey if we go thursday...me no have to drive all early in the mornin...*hates driving in the city* Plus if people need rides...I should *crosses fingers* have a car by then ^.^
Momo-You know i can give you a ride ms. living all 5 mins away from me ^_^

fushigi-chan
03-10-2004, 07:55 PM
I'm not sure about rides/how I'm getting there, but I'll prolly show up sometime friday morning...
maybe my dad will drive?

Alanna-chan
03-11-2004, 04:36 AM
If we get it for thursday night...
Pro:
you can pick up registration on thursday and don't have to wait in line during the con and miss out on being freaks/ourselves ^_^
con (*does drum thing*) :
It will cost more.

OdangoAtama
03-11-2004, 11:53 PM
that's why we need more people in our room ^_^ The more we have...the less it'll be

Alanna-chan
03-12-2004, 04:47 AM
Yeah but the extra day could be what will keep others from wanting to

fushigi-chan
03-12-2004, 09:18 AM
Ok, well I just checked expedia.com and it said that thursday night it was $149
friday and saturday it's $169
this is the room rate for 1 adult and 1 child
and it says they only have 1 available room for those dates

so if we agreed upon staying thursday night, it would be roughly $490 for the whole weekend
and if we stayed only friday and saturday, it'd be about $340

Sooo, we have about 8 people so far,
so if we stay for thursday, everyone would chip in $60 and if we don't, it's be about $42
and none of these prices include tax, or other random fees
But this is to give everyone an idea

Anyways, we should probably decide really soon since as I said, expedia says there's only 1 room left

fushigi-chan
03-12-2004, 09:30 AM
Also, there's 1 room available at the Radisson Plaza for $164 a night, so basically the same price range
But that price is if you book early on expedia *it's 25% discount*

So yeah, those are the only two hotels that I've found which have rooms available for all the nights and are relatively cheap

and according to the map that's on the otakon website, it's right next to Wyndham, so it's not like a difference in location and the place looks a lot nicer =b
so just a suggestion ^_~

Tsuki_Hime
03-12-2004, 09:05 PM
fri. and sat. would be good for me...I need to get it as cheap as possible.
It doesn't seem like there's a lot of people up for this, but I'm hearing about 8 ppl? Are they definite? o.0

Alanna-chan
03-13-2004, 03:53 AM
I already mentioned the Wyndham since it's $137 a night for up to 4 people and there are still rooms available.

fushigi-chan
03-13-2004, 11:47 AM
I already mentioned the Wyndham since it's $137 a night for up to 4 people and there are still rooms available.

Yeah, I saw you mentioned that before, but when I checked it said it was more expensive...so I was a little confused by that, but who knows

Anyways, Tsuki, I don't think there's a definate 8 people...Some people are still saying they're not sure
Well I also know that my sister might only be there for saturday night, and my friend Julianna doesn't know yet, even though she's fairly confident she'll be able to...
anyways, I know I can come, and I might be able to get my dad to chip in some money towards the room =b

Alanna-chan
03-13-2004, 05:26 PM
The Otakon rate probably just wasn't counted in.

Alanna-chan
03-14-2004, 03:06 AM
Just got a message from Rinoa1022, asking if she and a friend could stay with us, but the thing is he's a guy, but he's gay. I don't see any problem with this, but does anyone object?

Alanna-chan
03-14-2004, 05:59 AM
Sorry for all the posts ^^;; but should we try getting a room now before it's sold out? Just need to figure out wether 3 or 2 nights would be better, but we can deal with paying and such at the con (or once we have a solid list of who's staying w/ us)

Tsuki_Hime
03-14-2004, 10:13 AM
Just got a message from Rinoa1022, asking if she and a friend could stay with us, but the thing is he's a guy, but he's gay. I don't see any problem with this, but does anyone object?

I don't see any problems with that. I actually don't care if there are guys in there. And I just need to stay for 2 days, but if others need it for 3 days, I just say book it for 3 days. Those who need an extra day can pay their share at the con. We just gotta break out our ol' algebra skills, that's all. xD

Rinoa1022
03-14-2004, 12:38 PM
yayyyyyy!! yay for no problems!! id prefer to stay for 3 nights but if everyone else wants 2 thatd be fine. OoO and how many are in a room? the normal amount or is it a super sleepover :)

fushigi-chan
03-14-2004, 09:55 PM
I have no problem with gay or straight guys =b so everyone's welcome!! lol

I think booking for 3 nights is fine because I might come thursday, or if I do come friday morning, I need someplace to drop off all my crap =b
but if we find that closer to the con most people can't be there on thursday, we can cancel it

But I definately think we need to book really soon or else it'll be sold out, so I think we're all agreed on Wyndham

Alanna-chan
03-15-2004, 03:42 AM
ok *invites manwhores too* ^_^ j/k, my manwhore is a pineapple (who can't go :()
sounds good, who's over 18?

fushigi-chan
03-15-2004, 10:20 AM
ok *invites manwhores too* ^_^ j/k, my manwhore is a pineapple (who can't go :()
sounds good, who's over 18?

Well whoever actually reserves the room w/ their credit card or whatever, will most likely have to be there on thursday to check in...
which could present a problem

OdangoAtama
03-15-2004, 10:42 AM
Am i reserving the room?? Cause I'm 19 but am i the only one?? Oh and guys is no problem either ^_^ So just give me all the info for the room and I'll take care of the reservation crap...cause i am one of the ones who wants to go down on thursday that' no prob either ^^

Rinoa1022
03-15-2004, 01:56 PM
yayyyy!! so great! i have a semi shoot on thurs and another friday afternoon so if the rooms booked me and my buddy will most def stay that day.

fushigi-chan
03-15-2004, 02:15 PM
Am i reserving the room?? Cause I'm 19 but am i the only one?? Oh and guys is no problem either ^_^ So just give me all the info for the room and I'll take care of the reservation crap...cause i am one of the ones who wants to go down on thursday that' no prob either ^^

lol, sounds like it

But I guess we should wait for alanna tho to give all the details cus I usually go thru expedia to reserve stuff but they don't give the discount...

Tsuki_Hime
03-15-2004, 08:30 PM
I'll just quiver in the corner *points* over there as a lowly 16 year old. xD We gotta recruit more people that's definite. It seems like I'm the only 2 day-er...I might end up conforming with 3 days though...*le sighs* I don't know. x.x

Rinoa1022
03-15-2004, 08:35 PM
hehe no worrys im only 17 and my buddys 16. we can quiver together lol! how many people are def in so far?

Gunner Rikku
03-15-2004, 09:44 PM
Hey everyone, my friend and I were looking for a place to stay and was wondering if we could stay with any of you? ^_^ Um, he's not exactly female, lol, but he'd NEVER do anything. (He's one of those rare guys who doesn't have anything sexual blah blah blah on his mind at all.)

Alanna-chan
03-16-2004, 02:36 AM
Tsuki_Hime- no worry, I'm only 15 :(

OdangoAtama- http://www.wyndham.com/hotels/BWIIH/main.wnt <--main page
101 West Fayette Street
Baltimore, Maryland 21201
(410) 752-1100
(800) WYNDHAM
^contact-y info stuff
"We are happy to announce that the following hotels have contracted room blocks for Otakon 2004!
Be sure when you call to mention "Otakon" to receive the room rate listed. You must book your rooms before the cutoff dates listed to receive the Otakon prices!"

Gunner Rikku- I don't think anyone minds anymore, so okie :)

Gunner Rikku
03-16-2004, 03:15 AM
All right, awesome ^_^ How many people are staying so far?

Alanna-chan
03-16-2004, 03:52 AM
All right, awesome ^_^ How many people are staying so far?
As far as I understand, the following are pretty sure:
-Alanna
-Tsuki Hime
-OdangoAtama
-momo_anzu
-Fushigi-chan
-Rinoa
-friend of Rinoa
-Gunner Rikku
-friend of Gunner Rikku

The following aren't exactly sure yet:
-Misa-chan
-Fushigi-chan's sister
-friend of Fushigi-chan
-shuuchan
-friend of shuuchan
-also, my friend, Ana, might stay

did I forget anyone/ put them in the wrong category?

fushigi-chan
03-16-2004, 11:59 AM
yeah, I'm a definate for 2 days, but not sure for 3

and I'm only 16 =D

and Gunner Rikku, I have no problem with males and I didn't think anyone else did...right?

Gunner Rikku
03-16-2004, 02:24 PM
Ah Just wondered. ^_^ I didn't know for sure how everyone felt on it. I got a bit confused between the posts and such. I also have another friend that says he'd like to have a back up room, but it's an unsure thing if he's joining us or not. And actually, I dunno rather or not I'm a definate for 2 or 3 days. I'll have to check with my ride whenever he's planning to get there.

Alanna-chan
03-17-2004, 03:32 AM
Just told my dad about this (twisting the truth a little.) I said it was with someone I knew from school, her mother is gonna be at the con the entire time (she seriously is, but key word is "con" not "room") and that it was all female (it was originally, right?), and he says ok, he just has to speak to her mother for a couple minutes >< so I need someone with a motherly voice who doesn't mind calling MD, and pretend to be her. I might just get my friend to speak to him, but if that isn't enough, she can say her mother will call him withing the next two weeks or something.

Rinoa1022
03-17-2004, 10:14 AM
id do it but i sounds small :( hehe i told my parents it was all girls too and my friends mommy would be there too! it definitly is more convincing then a room or girls and guys that most i havent met lolll.

Gunner Rikku
03-17-2004, 01:57 PM
Wish I could do it, but I sound quite young =(

momo_anzu
03-18-2004, 05:42 AM
I sound quite matronly. ^_^ I'll just need to use my momma's cell phone ^_^

Hello? Oh, yes, this is _______'s mother. Your daughter says you need to know if I'll be watching them at the convention? Oh, yes, well, I will be. Can't have the girls wandering the place all alone...yes...uhuh...thankyou. Bye.

Lol^_^

Alanna-chan
03-18-2004, 04:21 PM
[QUOTE=momo_anzu]
Hello? Oh, yes, this is _______'s mother.QUOTE]
If anyone actually cares, my real name is Alanna

Rinoa1022
03-18-2004, 04:48 PM
Hi alanna!! lol if everyones going to be roomies we should probable exchange names. Im nici and my buddy comming is rob!

OoOyea! aims same as user name--Rinoa1022 :)

fushigi-chan
03-18-2004, 05:45 PM
My real name is Maggie, but really everyone cept my dad calls me by some crazy nickname, lol
but Maggie's ok ^_^

and my aim sn is Kodona Love
so feel free to IM me!! =D

Gunner Rikku
03-18-2004, 06:51 PM
lol I'm Michelle. =P

AIM: Chibi Kitsu

Tsuki_Hime
03-18-2004, 07:17 PM
Since everyone is introducing themselves,
Hello! I'm Allison! This will be my first time at Otakon and I hope to have lots of memorable moments! xD

fushigi-chan
03-18-2004, 09:39 PM
Since everyone is introducing themselves,
Hello! I'm Allison! This will be my first time at Otakon and I hope to have lots of memorable moments! xD

hi =D
yeah, otakon was really fun last year, it's always the funnest con *for me*

Alanna-chan
03-19-2004, 04:44 AM
Nice to meet you all :) I added you all, my sn is Alanna Katze

WoodenCoyote
03-19-2004, 09:37 AM
If you still have the space I'd love to join. I'll be 18 in April, way before the con, if you need someone to book.

fushigi-chan
03-19-2004, 10:49 AM
If you still have the space I'd love to join. I'll be 18 in April, way before the con, if you need someone to book.

lol, of course we have space!! we want like a million ppl in this room, lol

but yeah, we need to be booking really soon, and I think OdangoAtama *if i'm remembering her name right, sorry* is booking for the group
thanx for offering tho ^_^

WoodenCoyote
03-19-2004, 04:23 PM
Count me in.

What's the basic info? When and where. Hotel location, night rate, check-in, blah blah blah...

Rinoa1022
03-19-2004, 06:48 PM
http://www.wyndham.com/hotels/BWIIH/main.wnt <--main page
101 West Fayette Street
Baltimore, Maryland 21201
(410) 752-1100
(800) WYNDHAM
and its 137 a night, check-in is probably at 3pm and check out at 11am, but thats just my guess due to other hotels. I think were boking it for thurs-fri-and saterday night but it depends on who wants to stay thursday night. and the room will be full hehe so price shouldnt be bad :)

momo_anzu
03-20-2004, 05:50 PM
Lol, sorry. I'm just not sure what name to use if I were to call your dad. I don't think telling him my name would help. ^_^* And my name is Ashley. Hi guys!

Gunner Rikku
03-20-2004, 10:04 PM
So what about the people who are only planning to stay in the room from Friday-Saturday night? Do they just pay for those nights are does everyone pay for the three nights rather theyre staying for the three days or not? I personally don't care, I'd pay for all three days even if I'm probably only getting in there Friday. I was just curious. (Has no clue how this whole thing works. =P)

fushigi-chan
03-22-2004, 07:53 PM
So what about the people who are only planning to stay in the room from Friday-Saturday night? Do they just pay for those nights are does everyone pay for the three nights rather theyre staying for the three days or not? I personally don't care, I'd pay for all three days even if I'm probably only getting in there Friday. I was just curious. (Has no clue how this whole thing works. =P)

Well I think to be fair, people who aren't coming for thursday don't have to pay. Even though if I do come thursday that may mean paying a few bucks more =b
I'm not sure what everyone else thinks, but to me that's fair...I think we have enough people for thursday that it's not going to be really expensive or something...

anyways, that's what I think...*sorry for the rambling, lol*

WoodenCoyote
03-22-2004, 09:45 PM
Sounds like a plan :bigtu:

Hey, while we're still in the planning there's something I need to bring up.
I wanted to let it be known here and now that I'm gay. I know there are people who find that uncomfortable to deal with, and since more than likely I'm going to be taking you up on this room offer, I want to get it out in the open ahead of time, just in case. I'm just trying to cover my butt here.
If anyone has any problem or a complaint and doesn't want me in this room arrangement, I'll understand.

Have a nice day :jjacks:

Gunner Rikku
03-23-2004, 04:12 AM
Well I think to be fair, people who aren't coming for thursday don't have to pay. Even though if I do come thursday that may mean paying a few bucks more =b
I'm not sure what everyone else thinks, but to me that's fair...I think we have enough people for thursday that it's not going to be really expensive or something...

anyways, that's what I think...*sorry for the rambling, lol*

All righty, I didn't know =P Just wanted to check and make sure.

Alanna-chan
03-24-2004, 04:23 AM

I wanted to let it be known here and now that I'm gay. I know there are people who find that uncomfortable to deal with, and since more than likely I'm going to be taking you up on this room offer, I want to get it out in the open ahead of time, just in case. I'm just trying to cover my butt here.
If anyone has any problem or a complaint and doesn't want me in this room arrangement, I'll understand.

Don't worry, we don't mind :) Rinoa also has a friend who's gay and staying with us (you both just have to preform yaoi ;) j/k) But seriously, we don't mind at all, so youre welcome to stay :)

WoodenCoyote
03-24-2004, 07:29 AM
///_^V Thank you

fushigi-chan
03-24-2004, 02:17 PM

Yeah, I have absolutely no problem

mmm, yaoi

lolol ^_~

Rinoa1022
03-25-2004, 01:45 PM
hehe i have no problem at all oviously :) also is it ok if i bring another buddy? pwease!

fushigi-chan
03-25-2004, 09:06 PM
hehe i have no problem at all oviously :) also is it ok if i bring another buddy? pwease!

lol, I doubt it =b

the more the cheaper! yay

anyways, does anyone know if the room has actually been booked yet??

WoodenCoyote
03-25-2004, 09:54 PM
I'm bringing a friend too, if that's ok.

We should do a count of how many people are coming. I've got 2.

Alanna-chan
03-26-2004, 04:19 AM
Sure, the more the merrier, the cheaper :)

Bluucircles
03-26-2004, 08:06 AM
Don't count on me being in the room with you guys. Realized that even if I were to room, I have no clue as to how I will actually be getting to Baltimore. Right now my con plans are up in the air, being overthrown by other things. So, just, don't include me, ok? Thanks for being great and offering to anyone who comes along though ^^ Bye guys.

OdangoAtama
03-26-2004, 04:02 PM
um...no problem at all with the gay thing ^_~ Yeah exactly how many people are gonna be in this room...lol? I dun care how many people are gonna be there...i was just curious. I can sleep in closets, bathtubs...we'll prolly have like a dog pile of people sleepin on each other *also has no problem with ^_^* So yeah am I the one reserving the room?

fushigi-chan
03-28-2004, 03:36 PM
um...no problem at all with the gay thing ^_~ Yeah exactly how many people are gonna be in this room...lol? I dun care how many people are gonna be there...i was just curious. I can sleep in closets, bathtubs...we'll prolly have like a dog pile of people sleepin on each other *also has no problem with ^_^* So yeah am I the one reserving the room?

Yeah, since I'm pretty sure no one else has booked, I'd say you prolly should being as ur 1 of the 2 ppl here over 18 *I believe*

anyways, I'm bringing a friend and my sis will be there for only saturday night
so 2 on thurs/fri
and 3 on sat
lol...it's complicated =b

Alanna-chan
03-29-2004, 04:16 AM
I'm by myself, all alone

Rinoa1022
03-29-2004, 06:06 PM
1-2-3 here! woohoo for lots of people and low prices!

WoodenCoyote
03-29-2004, 09:23 PM
Do we know how big a room this is? I can sleep on the floro or in the closet [haha] if it gets too crowded :rolleyes:

Alanna-chan
03-30-2004, 04:27 AM
Meant for up to 4 people, but who ever pays attention to that?

WoodenCoyote
03-30-2004, 02:05 PM
4 people? Ha! I bet we can get 20 in there, at least :bigtu:

Rinoa1022
03-30-2004, 08:41 PM
hehe i think we have like 20! yay!

Tsuki_Hime
03-31-2004, 07:00 PM
Whoa...20??? Really??? o.0;;

WoodenCoyote
03-31-2004, 08:08 PM
21. My party's up to three now. At this rate, we'll end up only having a pay a couple of bucks per person :bigtu:

Gunner Rikku
03-31-2004, 10:34 PM
HELL YEAH! =D

OMG o.O

*IS VERY happy at the amount of people*

I've got the ceiling! =d

Alanna-chan
04-01-2004, 04:20 AM
I call the tub!

fushigi-chan
04-01-2004, 08:57 AM
damn! then i get the closet, or at least a drawer =b

WoodenCoyote
04-01-2004, 12:29 PM
Lets see... people only take up about 3.5 cubic ft, right? You can easily fit two people in a tub, one in every dresser drawer [if you fold them up]... we should have plenty of room!

Alanna-chan
04-01-2004, 03:49 PM
>:D *gets duct tape for drawers*

OdangoAtama
04-03-2004, 06:56 PM
Um...I'll sleep anywhere...but i guess peoples should start giving me hotel info soon...so i can reserve it and what not...i was thinkin since we have so many people...maybe we could try n get one of the big rooms so we can all breathe a lil. With the amount of people we have it'll still be cheap *might cost a couple xtra dollas a person* but we'd have a hella lot more room ^_^ But thats just a thought...^//.//^

Gunner Rikku
04-03-2004, 11:04 PM
Um...I'll sleep anywhere...but i guess peoples should start giving me hotel info soon...so i can reserve it and what not...i was thinkin since we have so many people...maybe we could try n get one of the big rooms so we can all breathe a lil. With the amount of people we have it'll still be cheap *might cost a couple xtra dollas a person* but we'd have a hella lot more room ^_^ But thats just a thought...^//.//^

That's a really good idea, even if it does cost a little extra. Hehe, sides, I've always wanted to be in a really huge hotel room anyway ^^

Alanna-chan
04-04-2004, 05:32 AM
Can you tell us how much it's gonna cost first? and the hotel info was posted twice already, meh, http://www.wyndham.com/hotels/BWIIH/main.wnt mention otakon when you sign up. How many people are certain, and how many are maybes? If it's not too much, I'm certain, and I have a friend who might possibly maybe stay with us (navy, in an other country and not sure if it's too late to plan a leave) and he's gay too, so no worries.

Rinoa1022
04-04-2004, 12:15 PM
I think a big room would be great. If you go through the thread theres at least 10 definits and alot of maybes so wed be good. no matter what the room will be cheap hehe.

Alanna-chan
04-05-2004, 05:07 AM
Lol, but I'm so poor, $13 a night seems like a lot ^^;

WoodenCoyote
04-07-2004, 10:05 PM
So what's the word?

Tsuki_Hime
04-09-2004, 10:04 AM
I'm fine with whatever, as long as the price doesn't exceed $30 a night...for I am a bum too. We'll see... My wallet is full of holes... :waaaah:

OdangoAtama
04-09-2004, 02:55 PM
my friend wants to come too...if thats otay??? Shes an almost deifinite...she just needs to find out which parental unit she'll be with that weekend.

Rinoa1022
04-09-2004, 06:13 PM
hehe the more the merryer!! and the cheaper lol. Any word on if its booked yet?

Alanna-chan
04-12-2004, 04:53 AM
Even though I already said thta, perfectly put Rinoa ^_^

Pretty_Kitty
04-16-2004, 06:52 AM
If you guys haven't booked your room yet, I just wanted to let you know that the Wyndham offers late check out if you join their club. Me and a group of my friends are staying there, so we joined the club and we get all kinds of extra freebies.

WoodenCoyote
04-16-2004, 09:14 AM
Yea, have we booked the room yet?

fushigi-chan
04-17-2004, 12:16 AM
last I heard, no...

Miscellaneous
04-17-2004, 01:31 AM
eep, hope im not too late, would there be room for me and maybe a couple others? we are 3 who are DEFINITES if there is room, quite possibly 6, so 3 defs 3 maybes.

PLEASE tell me, i need to know ^_^

Oh and while people are calling spaces, ill take the BEDS seeing as how noone seems to want them :square:

heh, having all these people would be fun, so long as no one steps on me. I would suggest bringing your own towels..and blankets...and pillows.... i dont think th hotel wll have enogh complimentry ANYTHING for this amount of people. :razz:

Miscellaneous
04-17-2004, 01:47 AM
Oh and if theres someone who could do the makeup for my friend's captain jack sparrow outfit, that would be great =)

Oh and my costume has a lot of, erm big parts kinda (see my profile) you can also see that im not a creepy guy either, lol, kinda a weird backround check, eh?

And uh, yeah i wouldnt mind paying a bit extra for a larger room, heck if some couldn't afford it, i would pay a lil towards theirs to. I like room, room is good =)

Oh and we would be definites for thursday so that would be 3+ to whomever is going in on thurs.

Alanna-chan
04-17-2004, 04:36 AM
Sure you can :) And I wouldn't mind doing Stalkee (victim of stalking...) Sparrow makeup ^^

WoodenCoyote
04-17-2004, 09:10 AM
Sure, the more folks we have the less money we pay. Welcome to the group :bigtu:

fushigi-chan
04-17-2004, 04:05 PM
yes, definately need a BIG room, lol =D

and my saturday costume has wings...so i suggest perhaps the closet should be reserved for costumes and no one gets to sleep there =b lol
sorry for whoever called that ^_~

i think the only problem might be not having enough key cards for everyone =b

fushigi-chan
04-17-2004, 04:11 PM
oh, and I'm also gonna have all my crap for artist's alley cus i've got a table...

WoodenCoyote
04-17-2004, 04:27 PM
Don't worry, we should have plenty of space for everyone's things :)

fushigi-chan
04-17-2004, 05:22 PM
yeah =b

did we ever get an actual count of how many people were staying in the room?
perhaps i'll check back on the previous pages cus i know it was posted somewhere...

fushigi-chan
04-17-2004, 05:35 PM
ok, I went thru all the pages @_@

Here's the list I have of everyone coming so far ~ *please tell me if I missed someone or their friend!*
Alanna
Tsuki Hime
Me =D
Julianna *my friend*
Erin *my sis*
Odango Atama
Odango Atama's friend
momo anzu
Rinoa
Rinoa's 2 friends
Gunner Rikku
Gunner Rikku's friend
Wooden Coyote
Wooden Coyote's 2 friends
Miscellaneous
Miscellaneous's definate 2 friends

So that makes 19 definate people staying in our room =b lol
I'd say the cost should be pretty cheap =D

WoodenCoyote
04-17-2004, 07:21 PM
Wow, you're awesome fushigi-chan.

So would 2 rooms be enough? There would be about 10 per room. Does the hotel have a limit on the # of guests that can stay in a single room?

Rinoa1022
04-17-2004, 09:04 PM
lol some places have limits but they dont really care. but theres fire hazard limits that bother them lol. id say 2 rooms would be good! gotta think about shower time lol. plus all the mabes so we have alotttt of people!

Miscellaneous
04-17-2004, 11:25 PM
Ok for whomever is booking we need a list of who is gonna be there for thursday, so please post on which days you will be staying, seeing as how we will have to book soon, before everything gets filled.

Me - definitely thurs, fri, and sat nights
My friend- same
My friend #2- same
Fushigi- Maybe thurs, def other 2
Fushigi's friend- maybe thursday
Rinoa- Def thurs
Rinoa's friend- def thurs
Rinoa's friend #2- def thurs

everyone else- please post!

fushigi-chan
04-18-2004, 01:07 AM
okay! Well for an update on a few things...
First, following a suggestion by someone, I checked on the "club" membership thing that lets you have late checkout...you can only do that if you're over 21, so to my knowledge, none of us are over 21...
But, I was discussing with Miscellaneous about maybe renting for sunday night too. I intend to stay at the con until 5 or later on sunday because of artist's alley and not having a ride until then, etc. So if anyone else was interested in that, please let us know.

Also, I think it was decided that we should get 1 room for thursday night and 2 rooms for fri/sat. Although it'll cost a tiny bit more *though still like $15 a night!!*, it would really be way too crowded for 20 ppl in one room!

Ok, and for a final note ~ I believe I've found two more people who want to stay in our room! =b I didn't think that would be a problem, especially with the two rooms.
They're both guys, and one of them is my sis's bf *don't worry, i'll make sure they hide themselves in a drawer, lol* and the other is just a guy friend

So they're both maybes right now b/c not sure about jobs, or other things, but I figured I'd at least mention them, okay.
I'll try and get answers outta them soon =b

Alanna-chan
04-18-2004, 04:27 AM
i think the only problem might be not having enough key cards for everyone =b
I was thinking about this too, and I think it would be a good idea to give them to people who
1: have cel phones which they keep on and with them
2: we will know where they'll be (like Fushigi-chan) all the time
This way everyone with out one can still find those who do.

Alanna-chan
04-18-2004, 04:32 AM
And with 2 rooms, it's gonna be at most $14.43 per person. We need more people! (lol, yes, I am that poor)

fushigi-chan
04-18-2004, 11:19 AM
I was thinking about this too, and I think it would be a good idea to give them to people who
1: have cel phones which they keep on and with them
2: we will know where they'll be (like Fushigi-chan) all the time
This way everyone with out one can still find those who do.

yay! I'm glad I would be considered for a card =b lol, cus I will definately need to be running back to the room every once in awhile to change costumes. and although I don't have a cell, my friend does, so if i wasn't at my table for some reason...

Miscellaneous
04-18-2004, 05:08 PM
OK well, please post whether youre in for thursday, and whether youd be interested in staying sunday, because i really have to know these things if i have to book it. Also if everyone who is still definite would please reply, because it seems like we lost a few people along the way, and i wanna make sure we have the people to pay for it =p

Oh, and here are the rates for the nights (if you're staying) and assuming 10 people per room (heck, we might have more) this also includes taxes, and the dreaded hotel tax (whopping 15%)

For Thursday Night through Sunday Night (please stay sunday! =] ) --$78.00

For Thursday Night through Saturday Night -- $58.30

For Friday Thru Sunday Night --------------- $58.30

For Friday and Saturday Night -------------- $38.87

So its basically 20 bucks a night, with 10 people to a room, i forgot the 6% tax now that i think of it, so itll prob end up being somewhere closer to 20.

If you could stay sunday night it would help out a lot of people like fushigi with her artists' alley stuff, and myself with the bus tickets, because a bus is cheaper on weekdays, it would cut my bus fare by 60 bucks. So if you go go in on sunday, it would be great.

Now its up to more people to join in on this asap so i can get the math done right and book a room.

REPLY NOW OR BE SMITED.... SMITTEN... OR WHATEVER GOD CALLS IT!! RAWR!

fushigi-chan
04-18-2004, 05:49 PM
I'm still in for fri, sat, and sun

WoodenCoyote
04-18-2004, 06:57 PM
The plan for my group so far is to check in thursday night and stay on thru sunday night, driving home monday morning.

Miscellaneous
04-18-2004, 07:09 PM
Oh yeah by the way, everyone be on AIM more. it'll make it ALOT more eaisier to organize stuff =)

my AIM name- RabidCanadian (i dont live in canada! )

WoodenCoyote
04-18-2004, 07:11 PM
What about us folks who don't have AIM, having not yet been corrupted by the evil empire? =P

Miscellaneous
04-18-2004, 07:12 PM
download it silly! its not that big of a download either =p

Miscellaneous
04-18-2004, 08:46 PM
Ok well sorry for so many posts but heres the count of people for each day so far, along with how much for each day:

(editing post to update the lists)

Thurs: ($16.66@ 12 People, Rough Estimates)
1)Me
2)Friend
3)Friend
4)Wooden Coyote
5)Friend
6)Friend
7)Rinoa
8)Friend
9)Friend
10)Odango Otama
11)Friend
12)Fushigi's Friend

Friday: (1 room=$13.33 @15 people) (2 rooms= $26.66 @ 15 people)
1)Me
2)Friend
3)Friend
4)WoodenCoyote
5)Friend
6)Friend
7)Fushigi
8)Rinoa
9)Friend
10)Friend
11)Alanna-Chan
12)Odango Otama
13)Friend
14)Fushigi's Friend
15)Tsuki Hime

Saturday: (1 room=$13.33 @15 people) (2 rooms= $26.66 @ 15 people)
1)Me
2)Friend
3)Friend
4)Wooden Coyote
5)Friend
6)Friend
7)Fushigi
8)Rinoa
9)Friend
10)Friend
11)Alanna-Chan
12)Odango Otama
13)Friend
14)Fushigi's Friend
15)Tsuki Hime

Sunday: ($33.00@ 6 people *tear*)
1)Me
2)Friend
3)Wooden Coyote
4)Friend
5)Friend
6)Fushigi

fushigi-chan
04-18-2004, 09:24 PM
ok, so it looks like we'd have enough people for sunday night
and all the other nights too of course

Alanna-chan
04-19-2004, 04:37 AM
Friday and Saturday night, though you don't really need this info for booking (hint: don't tell them we have more than 4 people per room ^^;; )

Miscellaneous
04-19-2004, 09:56 AM
I really do need this info becaus ei wanna make sure we still have enough definites for 2 rooms on fri/sat to actually pay for them, so this info is uh kinda essential for booking, oh and im not stupid enough to say "YEAH WE GOT 10 PEOPLE IN THAT ROOM WOO PARTAY!" :dance:

Oh and ill be updating the post with the list as we get more replies.

Miscellaneous
04-19-2004, 10:26 AM
Aw crap i just called Wyndham, and we will need someone who's 21 to actually be there when we get the hotel.. . . . Is anyone who's planning to be there on thursday gonna have like, a parent with them, so we can check in, oh and the way that we would be paying is theres gonna be a deposit when we get the room that we'd have to pay, I would think I'd be able to cover it, as long as people would pay me as they get there... Still need to iron these things out.

I really thought you had to be 18, but the customer service lady said nope, its 21. (maybe thats for their particular hotel chain) I asked her a bunch of questions about it but they all pointed to "no" "no" and "no".

Rinoa1022
04-19-2004, 07:11 PM
hmmmm if no one here is 21 mabe we can just find someone to pose as a mommy or daddy lol. i might know someone over that age going but ill have to make sure. but im happy rooms are semi almost planned!! **huggles her roomies**

WoodenCoyote
04-19-2004, 07:22 PM
Well, my parents are thinking about driving me up and staying for the weekend for some of their own activities [antique shows or something]. I might be able to convince them, but don't rely on me just yet.

fushigi-chan
04-19-2004, 07:30 PM
my dad's driving me up, but not only am I not sure if I can come thursday night cus of work, but I even asked my dad and he said he doesn't rely on people he doesn't know to pay him back =\ sorry guys...

*whispers* he's not a very nice person, lol

Miscellaneous
04-19-2004, 08:23 PM
no thats not the problem, the problem is, i can book it, i got someone with a credit card and everything, its just we need someone whos 21 in the room (or there when we get the room) and im not sure whether they want that person when we leave as well. I will try to get an older friend to go but don't count on me just yet... =\

OdangoAtama
04-19-2004, 09:36 PM
Sweetness...so how many people are going now??? *is lost on the amount now*

WoodenCoyote
04-19-2004, 09:39 PM
Well, do we have anyone here who's 21? How old is everyone? I'm 18

OdangoAtama
04-19-2004, 09:41 PM
Ew when did they make that rule...thas dumb *growl* I'm a definite and my friend might be so...:) So r u bookin the room Misc cause I was supposed to...but my bank account was closed and i have no plastic cash anymore *pout* so yeah *huggles*

Miscellaneous
04-19-2004, 09:46 PM
yeah ill be booking, found out that the girl im going with wil be 23 O_o everything will be taken care of soon

Miscellaneous
04-19-2004, 09:47 PM
Oh and odango will you be staying thursday thru sunday night?

fushigi-chan
04-19-2004, 10:51 PM
from reviewing all the old post the other day, i believe she's a definate for thursday at least
=b correct me if i'm wrong

Alanna-chan
04-20-2004, 04:21 AM
Also, my "brother" is 21. But I'm still not sure if he's coming (though he says it's very likely) considering he lives in Japan now and the navy is anal about letting people off. And I know someone who has had this happen before, they just made him sign this contract saying that he won't take any alcohol from the minibar. lol, what makes them think we'ld drink illegaly? :drink:

fushigi-chan
04-20-2004, 07:08 AM
lol, what makes them think we'ld drink illegaly? :drink:
yeah! if we really want alcohol, ask me to bring some! lol =b

Miscellaneous
04-20-2004, 12:19 PM
Ok, i will be booking soon, and I hope we can eventually get enough people for sunday night, because its gonna be about 30 bucks O_O I just have to get my mom to let meh use her credit card. But she says i should post some rules so nothing gets taken *and charged to her card*, but i think we're all mature enough, eh? :razz:

Look at my earlier post to see how many people we have, and the estimated charges, they will most likely be less, but im giving a ballpark estimate.

Oh and if you all want more people to come, there are few other people that are interested in going, but not enough to make it to two rooms, so hey, its your call. And i dont really wanna book 2 rooms anyways, it'll end up being a bigger deposit when i get there and i wanna be able to pay it! =p

So look over my earlier list (its updated) and um, enjoy, or something. ^_^

WoodenCoyote
04-20-2004, 05:57 PM
As for the whole rules thing, I think we're all mature girls. Or at least, we can pretend to be mature =P

Alanna-chan
04-21-2004, 05:04 AM
Some rules..
If you are trusted with a key:
1- If you have a cel phone, leave it on
2- Fushigi-chan (or anyone with the same situation, like having a table in the artist alley or dealers room), try to stay there, and if you do leave for an extended period of time (like going to a panel), try to give it to a friend who's keeping your place.
3- Call the room first to see if anyone is there.
4- DON'T LOOSE THEM!

Food (most important part :razz: lol):
1- Bring non-perishables that don't need to be cooked (since we don't know if there's even gonna be a coffee maker in the room), I'm gonna bring Ramen, someone should try bringing soda or cerial
2- If you have a water bottle, it would be wise to label it, so it's not accidently taken by someone like me who shares with her friend, who share with their friends, who share with their friends (someone along the way could have mono or is just a true otaku and never brushes)

General rules:
1- DON'T TAKE THE TOWELS
2- bring your own shampoo and soap, even though it's almost always provided, there's barely enough for the legal 4-person capacity, let alone for 20 people.
3- no sex, please, I hope I don't even need to explain this (if you really must, go to their room).
4- No alcohol (in any way that can be traced by hotel staff anyway ;))
5- No room party, again, use someone else's room :D
6- No smoking, do I need to explain this one too?
7- No playing with fire. I know it's tempting, but please, go outside and do it if you really must.

fushigi-chan
04-21-2004, 11:01 AM
sounds good

yeah, i know not to smoke inside hotel rooms =D

Miscellaneous
04-21-2004, 11:10 AM
I'd most likely be about looking for some fast food to eat. =) I'll probably bring some ramen as well, since there always seems to be at least one unopened case in my house. =) But i kinda have to limit what i bring with me, since ill have this rollin' suitcase I'll have to wheel a few blocks from the greyhound station to the hotel, while carrying my gigantuous sword and shoulder/wing mount. Yeah im gonna look like a dumbass, but after walking around Boston in costume on the train, i'm pretty much prepared for anything. :dance:

WoodenCoyote
04-21-2004, 11:50 AM
No smoking, no drinking? no sex?
man alanna, you're really cramping my style :untrust:

Heehee, JK. Rules all sounds good to me

fushigi-chan
04-21-2004, 02:09 PM
oh yeah, I'm making cookies and tea to have at my table, so I'll prolly have tons of extra
so anyone can snack on them while they're in the room ^_^
and also, i'll prolly have food leftover from the EGL social/teaparty on friday

fushigi-chan
04-21-2004, 09:18 PM
ok, i've got another friend joining the room =D He's in for thursday-saturday

Miscellaneous
04-21-2004, 10:15 PM
I just hope theres room for my friend's two air mattresses (one for me one for her) I'll share cause i don't really care, but methinks she likes her own lil bed, and *may* not want to. =) but besides that, I've updated the prices again, look at the rules and stuff, and uh, ill be booking tomorrow, depending on where she is on the annoyance meter for that day. Today i was gonna, but she got super pissed at something, and well, that was that.

SoOoOoOoooo tomorrow is booking day, definitely.

Now im gonna go play Disgaea! Completely off topic!

Barbeque Sauce!

Alanna-chan
04-22-2004, 04:03 AM
No smoking, no drinking? no sex?
man alanna, you're really cramping my style :untrust:

Come on. You can do all that out on the streets :P

OdangoAtama
04-24-2004, 12:48 PM
U be correct...i plan on stayin thursday night...i not sure bout sunday tho...I can bring all sorts of goodies. I guess it's a good thing i am making the smaller costume this con. I dun know where i'd put my wings...^_^ I dun mind sharin sleepy space ^.^ Ok well that's all from me...Ja nE!

Rinoa1022
04-24-2004, 04:33 PM
i could care less about sleeping space i dont take up too much room :) yay for food! ill bake cookies and such for everyone.

Tsuki_Hime
04-24-2004, 04:54 PM
Am I going to be included still? Sorry, but I couldn't get ahold of a computer for a while so I couldnt post often...

Ichigogami
04-24-2004, 05:12 PM
Hey how many people are bunking just wanna check for space, incase or something, i haven't been on much but i'm headed there so i wanna check! plus otakon friends kick butt too, *being alone during a con isn't that fun*

Wanderer Serge
04-24-2004, 05:14 PM
If you folks are still taking members for this little dwelling, I would like to join. I plan to be at Otakon from Thursday to Sunday, and I am 21 and Male. I won't mind a space of floor to call my own.
Any lessening of hotel prices will be good for me as well. I will be a definite if I can squeeze in.

WoodenCoyote
04-24-2004, 07:41 PM
Sage, as happy as we would be to have you, I think you need to read the topic title a little closer. Sorry hon :thumbsup:

Alanna-chan
04-24-2004, 08:11 PM
Unless you're gay or asexual.
And TsukiHime, don't worry, you're still in.

WoodenCoyote
04-24-2004, 08:14 PM
or a eunuch. Jk =P

Wanderer Serge
04-25-2004, 02:30 PM
I apologize, it had seemed you were accepting other males, from what I had read (http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=33396). I shall keep searching then.
Thank you, anyway.

Miscellaneous
04-25-2004, 09:39 PM
Ok i booked the room, but unfortunately i couldn't get wyndham. (sorry they were booked solid, even non-otakon rate rooms) (same with the radisson)

The Cheapest i got was the Courtyard by Marriott Downtown/Inner Harbor in Baltimore, MD. The first one on the otakon list. (sorry fushigi, its a few blocks away but ill help if you want =] )

the rate is $164 per night. making our prices for each night:

Thurs- $13.67per person
Fri---- $10.93
Sat--- $10.93
Sun--- $27.33

Now if your looking at my past prices and saying "WTF?!?!?" they were just figures based on the room costing 200 per night (which it might me im not sure if tax was included and such, but details later)

Now i need arrival times, but im sure its a bit far off to be thinking about that.

Yay for roomage. :dance:

Alanna-chan
04-26-2004, 05:02 AM
strict no party policy?!?! awwww....

Gunner Rikku
04-26-2004, 05:28 AM
Hey sorry this is so late, but I just recently came back to cosplay.com and saw the PM.

I will be staying for Friday night and Saturday night, a.k.a. I'll be at Otakon for all 3 days. I was hoping Thursday but I can't because it would put too much on my ride. (He's driving from Virginia Beach to Raleigh to come pick me up. =))

Rinoa1022
04-26-2004, 11:23 AM
yayyyyyyyyy!! thats so cheap! woohoo! how big is the room we boked do you know? lol it seems like alot of people. OoO and what tiem is check in? lol ill go by that for when i should try to get there :)

WoodenCoyote
04-26-2004, 11:31 AM
Kicking, Misc! :rockon:

Checking time we can do later, but I need to know the hotel address and the room #

Miscellaneous
04-26-2004, 03:07 PM
OK well one of my friends isint coming, because he has had a previous engagement with his girlfriend for that weekend, for some kinda festival or somthing, which blows. (What are the odds of them being on the same weekend?!?!) He's gonna try and get out of it, but until further notice, hes gone. I really wanted you all to his his cap'n jack sparrow outfit, it's freakin awesome, maybe i can get a pic or something of it. =\

The address is:
COURTYARD MARRIOTT INNER HARBOR
1000 Aliceanna Street
Baltimore, MD 21202

Oh and if you plan to stay for the con on sunday, and your stuff will be there past noon, or you wanna stay the day(checkout time is noon) , try to give a lil bit of munnies to the sunday cause, since we just lost another person for it.. =\

Adjusted Prices:
Thurs: $15.00
Friday: Same as last post
Sat: Ditto
Sunday: $33.00

OdangoAtama
04-26-2004, 08:09 PM
Sweetness Misc...you rock! Um...for people needing rides, if i have my car *crosses fingers* i can gets people. I think I'll have room for three since i think momo might be snatchin a ride with me. I'm willing to drive a lil around md so if u don't live by me it's all good :) All i ask is a couple bucks be thrown towards gas-age. And maybe we should mention for people to pack light (minus ur costumes). I just kno we had nine people in our room last year and it was kinda crampin with our stuff so just thought i'd toss that out there. JA NE ^_~

fushigi-chan
04-26-2004, 09:35 PM
Sweetness Misc...you rock! Um...for people needing rides, if i have my car *crosses fingers* i can gets people. I think I'll have room for three since i think momo might be snatchin a ride with me. I'm willing to drive a lil around md so if u don't live by me it's all good :) All i ask is a couple bucks be thrown towards gas-age. And maybe we should mention for people to pack light (minus ur costumes). I just kno we had nine people in our room last year and it was kinda crampin with our stuff so just thought i'd toss that out there. JA NE ^_~

rides eh? I'd love to get a ride there, it would save me a lot of trouble w/ my dad =b
I live in bethesda md, so idk if that's close or not...

WoodenCoyote
04-26-2004, 09:40 PM
I might be able to give rides to anyone in Jersey.

Alanna-chan
04-27-2004, 04:43 AM
Odango- I won't have my liscense until a month after, so if you have any room, I'm in.

OdangoAtama
04-27-2004, 12:13 PM
Sweetness...Bethesdas kool with me :) Alanna...where do you live?? I still have room :)

Alanna-chan
04-28-2004, 04:47 AM
Down the street from university of md.

fushigi-chan
04-28-2004, 09:09 PM
yay! I have a ride!! woohoo

and umd is right on the way to bmore! *at least from bethesda, lol*

Logomachist
04-30-2004, 01:49 AM
I might be able to give rides to anyone in Jersey.

Are you offering? I'd help with gas.

Gunner Rikku
05-01-2004, 05:47 AM
Hey I was recently talking to my friend and he doesn't know if he can make it now or not. He's afraid he wont have the money. I offered to pay but he wont take my money. :( So decisions about him are unknown...

WoodenCoyote
05-01-2004, 10:27 AM
Are you offering? I'd help with gas.

Where are you located? I'm going to be heading south from the Trenton area.

Hyper Black Chi
05-04-2004, 06:15 PM
ok ive been looking around for someone to room with so if there is anyone willing to take a 16 yrold male, reply to this post or send me a pm thx.

Logomachist
05-04-2004, 09:26 PM
Where are you located? I'm going to be heading south from the Trenton area.

Jersey City, NJ

Alanna-chan
05-05-2004, 04:30 AM
But isn't Jersey City north of Trenton? :lost:

fushigi-chan
05-06-2004, 06:18 AM
ok ive been looking around for someone to room with so if there is anyone willing to take a 16 yrold male, reply to this post or send me a pm thx.

^ so are we accepting guys in the room?

WoodenCoyote
05-06-2004, 08:49 AM
Well, considering this is a "room for females only"... but I guess we could let a guy in if he's gay, or asexual. Or a eunuch.
I don't have any problem with it, as long as he agreed to keep to himself and behave. Otherwise we all get to mace him :p

fushigi-chan
05-06-2004, 11:44 AM
Well, considering this is a "room for females only"... but I guess we could let a guy in if he's gay, or asexual. Or a eunuch.
I don't have any problem with it, as long as he agreed to keep to himself and behave. Otherwise we all get to mace him :p
lol, well i know its for girls, but since we were bending the "rules" =b

Rinoa1022
05-06-2004, 05:09 PM
i dotn mind guys in the room at all. one thing thats scarying me though is how many people lol. On the otakon board i posted askign how many to a room just out of curiosity and one person said 15. Every single person on the site pretty much jumped on them saying that its way to many to be comfy, a fire hazard, could get you kicked out easy, and could get the con in alot of trouble. The mods said to at least try to only put 8 in a room. we now have like....16? **wimpers**

Alanna-chan
05-07-2004, 02:57 AM
Do we still have 2 rooms for friday and saturday night though?

fushigi-chan
05-07-2004, 11:55 AM
no, just one room i thought

Rinoa1022
05-07-2004, 05:29 PM
one lol hence why so many people.

Hyper Black Chi
05-09-2004, 04:14 PM
is there anyone in the new york area that wouldnt mind giving me a ride?

Rinoa1022
05-09-2004, 06:01 PM
Im in the ny area too! but im not driving down. Greyhound is only 80 for a round trip, or il just take a trian. If you wanna come with thatd be fine. Also NYO goes down in a group if your part of that.

Hyper Black Chi
05-09-2004, 10:50 PM
whats nyo?

Rinoa1022
05-10-2004, 02:27 PM
anime club in the city ^_^ most of them post on here and if you go to the bottom of the fourm list youll see a special section for NYO. check it out.

Miscellaneous
05-10-2004, 11:16 PM
Just to confirm, there is only one room.

and may god help us all

WoodenCoyote
05-11-2004, 12:49 PM
One room! Geez... we really will be sleeping in each other's laps [ not that I mind of course - JK :p ]

Hyper Black Chi
05-11-2004, 07:07 PM
Ok im definately going so am i in or what keep in mind i dont mind sleeping in bath tubs. Also fushigi-chan i sent u a pm so check out your inbox when you get a chance. thx

Logomachist
05-13-2004, 02:35 AM
Sounds like fun. Think you guys can fit one more?

fushigi-chan
05-13-2004, 02:50 PM
Sounds like fun. Think you guys can fit one more?
I'm sorry, but since we're only renting one room, and we already have about 16 people in it, I don't know if we can fit anymore people.

Please anyone else, if you don't mind, I'm all for more people, but it seemed that people were concerned we would have way too many people jammed in the room as is

So, if everyone else says its fine, please don't think I'm trying to turn people away, but just from what people said recently...

Logomachist
05-14-2004, 02:35 AM
No offense taken; I've already got my own room booked anyway.

trigunvash
05-14-2004, 06:17 PM
You gotta be careful because if the Hotel does see like 10+ people go into a hotel room at once or a lot of noise, they're gonna kick people out, because most hotels charge occupancy rates, usually you can get around this with 4-5 people easily, but if your having a group of 16 people goodluck!

fushigi-chan
05-17-2004, 02:46 PM
yeah, we'll definately have to be careful about noise, but since we won't be there for like the whole day anyways, i think we might be able to pull it off

WoodenCoyote
05-17-2004, 07:24 PM
After a whole day of conning I think I'll be too tired to be noisy anyway..

fushigi-chan
05-18-2004, 03:39 PM
After a whole day of conning I think I'll be too tired to be noisy anyway..
exactly! lol

Hyper Black Chi
05-24-2004, 10:53 AM
Just wondering will anyone be interested in doing a skit or something if so let me know.

fushigi-chan
05-24-2004, 03:32 PM
Just wondering will anyone be interested in doing a skit or something if so let me know.
I'd be all up for a skit, but my saturday costume might not be great for it...my headdress is fragile...

Rinoa1022
05-24-2004, 08:44 PM
hehe id do a skit! what about?

Hyper Black Chi
05-24-2004, 08:59 PM
dunno still in the works but im thinking something along the lines of the definition of otaku or "i am otaku" to the right stuff theme

fushigi-chan
05-25-2004, 03:53 PM
well i'd do it with you if we can think of something ^_^

Alanna-chan
05-27-2004, 06:48 PM
Sorry, my little sis and I are already doing something (yuki :heart: kyou thing)

321stars
05-28-2004, 06:36 PM
Aheh....I'll share a room with someone (and someone could perhaps book two rooms? Just a thought? I've no credit card, or I'd go for it). And I also need a ride there. >< From Ohio.

Alanna-chan
06-19-2004, 06:03 AM
How many people are supposed to (legally) be in the room? Cuz if it's quad-capacity, you can most likely get 4 keys. I don't have a cell phone but if I can get everyone else's, I can mooch off of friends and use their phones ^^
Also, we shouldn't have more than 3-4 people entering the room at a time.

Misc, any details about the room? (ie: they have an iron, blow dryer, etc.)

Also, Fushigi said something about bringing food, so I think everyone should be responsible for something as far as food is concerned.
I have one of those things for heating up water (can be plugged in)
People should also bring:
-a cooler (hotel provides ice)
-coffee (instant)
-soda (preferably canned, but if it's in a bottle, someone should also bring plastic cups)
-other non-perishable stuff that doesn't need anything more than hot water.
I may also be able to bring cereal.
Also, if you bring a water bottle, mark it in some way.

Just suggestions, if anyone else has any ideas, just post them here. Also, just one last time, who's staying with us (98-100% sure)

And my friend chickened out so I need someone who's confortable with lying to my dad (we no have caller ID so it'll work as long as you sound motherly) Any volunteers? I'll pay you back at the con somehow.

Alanna-chan
06-19-2004, 06:06 AM
And one other thing, misc, you have paypal? That way we can pay you before we go broke.

fushigi-chan
06-19-2004, 08:29 AM
yay! someone got my PM! lol

I'll bring pocky!!! yay
I'm bringing a lot of food anyways for all the gatherings I'm going to, so it's not really a problem for me to bring extra stuff

So I got everyone covered on asian snacks =D
what's everyone's fav kinds of pocky? or i'll just get stuff i like...^_^

and yeah, I'm fairly sure the room is a quad, but sometimes they only give you 2 cards...I know at katsucon we had a quad and only got 2
but then again, that was the econo lodge, lol...-_-;;

Hyper Black Chi
06-19-2004, 10:51 AM
I am for sure coming. I can bring coffee and top ramen.

WoodenCoyote
06-19-2004, 11:23 AM
I got the PM. I'll be happy to bring towels, soap and shampoo.

If anyone needs to contact me for anything: woodencoyote@hotmail.com

Alanna-chan
06-19-2004, 01:31 PM
sorry, have to back out at the last minute, my "sister" wants me to stay with her, and her mother is gonna be there so there's not the whole issue of getting murdered and fed to the social workers when they come and investigate if (when) my dad finds out. Sorrryyyyyyyy! >_<

fushigi-chan
06-19-2004, 01:49 PM
yes, *sniffle* Alanna is unable to stay in our room *tear*

So I've updated the list of people, and it should be right!

Thurs: $18.18 for 11 People
1)Miscellanous
2) " Friend
3)Wooden Coyote
4) " Friend
5) " Friend
6)Rinoa
7) " Friend
8) " Friend
9)Odango Otama
10) " Friend
11) Moi

Friday: $12.50 for 16 people
1)Misc.
2) " Friend
3)Me
4) My friend
5) My sis
6) My other friend
7)Rinoa
8)Friend
9)Friend
10)Tsuki Hime
11)Hyper Black Chi
12) Gunner Rikku
13) " Friend
14) " Friend
15) momo_anzu
16) Alanna-chan

Friday: $12.50 for 16 people
1)Misc.
2) " Friend
3)Me
4) My friend
5) My sis
6) My other friend
7)Rinoa
8)Friend
9)Friend
10)Tsuki Hime
11)Hyper Black Chi
12) Gunner Rikku
13) " Friend
14) " Friend
15) momo_anzu
16) Alanna-chan

Sunday: $50.00 for 4 people
1)Misc
2)Me
3) My friend
4) Sister

If any of your friends are NOT coming, or you yourself are NOT coming, or are coming/leaving on different nights, please tell me!!! Otherwise, we'll just assume we've got this all right ^_^

And yeah, the prices are estimates, but it should be around that cost

I'll prolly be sending out a few more PMs as we get closer to the con =D I'll try not to be too annoying with it, but I think we all agree that things do need to be coordinated a bit since we have a million ppl in this room ^_^;;

fushigi-chan
06-19-2004, 01:51 PM
Oh, and about the whole sunday thing...checkout is at noon. If you are keeping your things in the room for a long time after 12:00, then PLEASE chip in some money!! I'll prolly have my things in the room until 4 or something, so even though I'm not spending the night, I'm paying the 25 bucks, so if you do stay for awhile, please put in like 10 bucks or something! It would really help out

ps. I'll give you pocky if you do =D

Miscellaneous
06-19-2004, 07:01 PM
Yay! Thanks for updating the lists! I was kinda dreading doing that.. heh

Ok well i think i posted somewhere in there that one of my friends isn't coming, so take one off for each of those days. (yes, it was the sunday person)

and hmm hmm think think what else....

oh yeah, no i dont have paypal sorry just gimmeh teh munnays when you arrive.

Yes if you could give a lil bit towards the poor sunday people that would be great. :)

I can call the particular hotel chain and ask what appliances/stuff is in the room. I'll check it out.

I'll try to say when ill be arriving at the hotel although i wont know till i buy the bus tickets... but even then, buses can be late... I'll try for a conveinent arrival time..

think think think....

I can bring cleaning stuffs, like shampoo/soap and the like. I also need to find a nearby DDR machine sometime so i have something to do later at night. :bigtu:

thats all i can think of for now, thanks for the mass PMing :razz:

Rinoa1022
06-19-2004, 07:19 PM
aw tankiez for the pm! im to lazy to pm everyone so my emails rinoa1022@aol.com feel free to just talk ^_^ i most def am bringing aa blowdryer and a flat iron so if anyone needs that they can use it. plus i can bring other stuff hehe just tell me whats needed! yayyyy cant wait ^_^

fushigi-chan
06-19-2004, 07:59 PM
Ok, I went back and updated the list again =)

Let's see, for the things that I'm definately bringing ~
Hair straightener
Hair curler
Lotsa shampoo and soap =b
Pocky!
Like 50 dozen cookies *half goes to gatherings, and we can keep the other half of em, lol*
I can get bottled water too

I'll try and bring an extra pillow or two, for ppl coming on buses and such that can't carry that much ^_^ and perhaps an extra blanket as well.

and I thought of something else -- does anyone have a portable alarm clock? Either that or we could prolly get a wake up call or something

trigunvash
06-19-2004, 08:36 PM
16 People in one room!!! I said it before, thats crazy. Is the room a Suite or standard guest room? I wish ya goodluck in accomplishing this task.

Miscellaneous
06-19-2004, 09:06 PM
I have an alarm clock, i'll bring it, and ill call the hotel people tomorrow

fushigi-chan
06-19-2004, 10:54 PM
I have an alarm clock, i'll bring it, and ill call the hotel people tomorrow
sexcellent =D

Miscellaneous
06-25-2004, 03:08 PM
Room Description
DBDB - ROOM W/ 2 DOUBLE BEDS,CABLE TV
2 VOICEMAIL PHONES W/ DATAPORT,LGWORKDESK,IRON/
IRONING BOARD,HAIRDRYER,IN-RM COFFEE

I already know this room wil be a tight fit, and i mean REALLY tight, probably not even enough room for inflatable mattri. You all better be prepared for some "roughin it" hehe If you dont mind i think we can fit 3 per bed. (maybe with your friends or if you really dont mind) That would clear up some ground room for people to sleep. I'll probably end up sleeping against a wall or something, lol. I'm gonna end up with a hurting back i know it already.

18 people is gonna be harsh, REAL harsh, and well, just be prepared.

Rinoa1022
06-26-2004, 12:24 PM
i stayed in the courtyard marriot here in ny and it wasnt THAT small lol. beds could fit 3 and there was a good amount of floor room. well al just be on top of each other, but well have room lol!

trigunvash
06-26-2004, 01:31 PM
I was reading someone last year was charged/fined extra at a Hotel for "unauthorized guests" because the maid saw alot stuff laying around, be careful on not making it look like 18 people shared the room.

fushigi-chan
06-26-2004, 02:23 PM
I was reading someone last year was charged/fined extra at a Hotel for "unauthorized guests" because the maid saw alot stuff laying around, be careful on not making it look like 18 people shared the room.
well thanx for the warning, but I usually put a "do not disturb" sign on the door anyways so the maids won't even come in

fushigi-chan
06-27-2004, 12:29 AM
I sent everyone a PM, so check your inboxes!!! =D

Miscellaneous
06-27-2004, 01:45 AM
We can probably get 4 key cards, and i think that maybe we can find a spot to "hide" one once we get there, you know outside nearby the room, but it'd have to be a really sneaky place. This is just a suggestion, like maybe somewhere outside our room, buried in a plantjar or something? heh, just throwing a suggestion out there.

Oh and i'm not totally opposed to fushigi's plan either, i just think it might be a bit.. say.. confusing perhaps... well maybe im the only one whos kinda lost :waaaah: Plus, I'm not sure when I'd be changing. ( I plan on bringing a shinra soldier outfit too, hehe, dont worry it takes up like negative space)

Alanna-chan
06-27-2004, 05:52 AM
Hi again, turns out they haven't booked a room yet and the closest one with any rooms left is down the street from them ^^;; so yeah, is it ok if I go back to staying with you guys? sorry

fushigi-chan
06-27-2004, 08:29 AM
Hi again, turns out they haven't booked a room yet and the closest one with any rooms left is down the street from them ^^;; so yeah, is it ok if I go back to staying with you guys? sorry
lol, why not =b I said our door would always be open
You still bringing a friend?

oh, and I'll forward the PM to you ^_^

OdangoAtama
06-27-2004, 09:37 PM
And my friend chickened out so I need someone who's confortable with lying to my dad (we no have caller ID so it'll work as long as you sound motherly) Any volunteers? I'll pay you back at the con somehow.[/QUOTE]

If u need someone to still do this...I might be able to...I was in drama for 4 years :-D Just lemme kno what i gotta do :)

OdangoAtama
06-27-2004, 09:38 PM
damn that last thing didn't work out like i wanted it to...that last post was to alanna-chan...but the quote thingy didn't work or i'm just dumb lol

OdangoAtama
06-27-2004, 10:43 PM
ooo man i'm postin a lot tonight...stuff on ride info:
FushigiChan-I gots ur address so ur all good
Alanna-Chan-If u still wanna ride...can i gets ur address? I'm trying to route my trip.
To anyone readin-I'm not sure if momo is going anymore...she told me her mom might not let her go...but double check that with her. And if anyone else needs a ride near the harford county or bethesda areas...I think i have room for one more. And my one friend stayin thursday with me is a male but he will behave himself...so if no one minds ^_^

Shadowlvr
06-28-2004, 01:43 AM
Hi alanna!! lol if everyones going to be roomies we should probable exchange names. Im nici and my buddy comming is rob!

OoOyea! aims same as user name--Rinoa1022 :)
Hey everyone staying in this room im Rob nici's friend *waves*

Alanna-chan
06-28-2004, 04:42 AM
*waves back* Hi :)

odangoatama- don't worry, I have a way of getting there.

Shadowlvr
06-28-2004, 06:19 AM
*waves back* Hi :)

odangoatama- don't worry, I have a way of getting there.
XD i cant wait untill otakon L'Arc~en~Ciel is going to be performing! *does a dance* :jjacks:
AHHHH

Alanna-chan
06-28-2004, 06:38 AM
*does tango to Finale with pocky in place of a rose*

Shadowlvr
06-28-2004, 06:58 AM
*after finale runs off with alanna-chans pocky* XP

fushigi-chan
06-28-2004, 08:10 AM
Hey everyone staying in this room im Rob nici's friend *waves*
hello! If you'd like, I can include you in the many PMs that I've been sending ppl regarding the room =b

Shadowlvr
06-28-2004, 09:10 AM
hello! If you'd like, I can include you in the many PMs that I've been sending ppl regarding the room =b
Ok count me in :dance:

fushigi-chan
06-28-2004, 10:02 AM
Ok count me in :dance:
Ok, I sent you one =D

Rinoa1022
06-28-2004, 12:46 PM
yayyyyyyyy robs actually on cosplay.com! **glomp** sorry i didnt call ya back my cells acting stuuuuuupid! :waaaah:

Shadowlvr
06-28-2004, 08:32 PM
yayyyyyyyy robs actually on cosplay.com! **glomp** sorry i didnt call ya back my cells acting stuuuuuupid! :waaaah:
*pats nici on head* its ok XD

Alanna-chan
06-28-2004, 09:54 PM
*steals pocky back and smacks upside the head with box* :P

Tsuki_Hime
06-28-2004, 10:15 PM
Wow... I haven't posted in a LONG TIME. heheh ^^;;
Anyways, I'm stoked about the L'arc en Ciel performance, and apparently so is my friend. She now wants to join me in my quest to journey up to Maryland from Georgia. =__=;; Is it ok if she joins me? I have no friends going with me to Otakon otherwise...and I'll just be floating around...alone....so yea, is it ok? Purdy please?
-Hime-chan

Alanna-chan
06-29-2004, 12:17 AM
sure, gawd we're gonna be so cramped (true con experience! :D)

Shadowlvr
06-29-2004, 05:06 AM
sure, gawd we're gonna be so cramped (true con experience! :D)
Wow if she goes there will be 19 people in the room O_o that would be so much fun especially when it comes to finding a place to sleep at night XD

Alanna-chan
06-29-2004, 05:39 AM
Getting up this early, you also a loser like me? ^^ lol. I'll sleep in the tub or under a bed, I'm serious.

Shadowlvr
06-29-2004, 05:51 AM
Getting up this early, you also a loser like me? ^^ lol. I'll sleep in the tub or under a bed, I'm serious.
Haha yup i woke up at 6 and i couldent sleep anymore XD No you cant sleep in the tub i already call dibs! :thumbsup:

fushigi-chan
06-29-2004, 07:03 AM
Haha yup i woke up at 6 and i couldent sleep anymore XD No you cant sleep in the tub i already call dibs! :thumbsup:
it is true, he informed me that he was sleeping in the bathroom, lol

and Tsuki-hime...why not. we're so packed in already...

Alanna-chan
06-29-2004, 10:03 AM
ok, then guess I'm under the bed