PDA

View Full Version : New Con! January 27th! Frostcon

MDA
12-16-2012, 01:10 PM
Hey everybody!

Coming January 27th is Frostcon!

What is it?
Frostcon is a convention for anime, games, comics and more! It's a multi-genre convention for fans of all ages!

Where is it?
Frostcon will be held at the St. Lawrence Centre for the Arts in Toronto, Ontario.

Passes can only be bought at the door, but the door price is really awesome! Only 10 for the day for a convention with panels, workshops, artists and dealers! As well as guests!

Who are the guests?
Currently confirmed guests include ZombieBitMe, Toronto Joker, Erin Cossar, and Th3 Rogue!

Any questions or anything of the like can be directed here, or you can visit either of these two sites:

Official Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/pages/Frostcon/451298721600774
Official Website : http://frostcon.weebly.com/

Rainbowgasm
12-16-2012, 11:03 PM
sounds interesting but we'll probably skip it for this year, as we don't USUALLY got to first year cons unless they are super close, and i have NO idea where this is...

flash1616
12-16-2012, 11:52 PM
Well I'll probably hit this one up, and bring a friend along.
First cons can be shaky, but if people don't go there might not be a second year, and I'd like to see more cons in Canada (plus one in January winter blues go away).

The St. Lawrence Centre is like two blocks from Union station on Front street. It's not hard to get to or find, for people that don't know.

ShinobiXikyu
12-17-2012, 08:46 AM
Unfortunately I can't go for this year with Con-G in February and needing to travel to Toronto if I did (not exactly cheap for a one-day event, and I'll have just done so for my bf&I's anniversary too)...but next year I'll be back in college, in Toronto, so I'm definitely coming then!

Ohannah
12-17-2012, 12:30 PM
Sounds like a cute con !
Just submitted a Artist Alley Application!..
So i will be attending! <3

Now i need to get my butt drawing! D:

kawaiilove
12-17-2012, 12:49 PM
I'm going to be going with a friend and give it a review.

sweet_kat22
12-17-2012, 01:43 PM
Going to this con since its only a day sounds like fun :)

ZombiiAxelBlitz
12-17-2012, 02:16 PM
I'm on staff for this con so I kinda have to be there. :3

karin-adele
12-17-2012, 07:11 PM
submitted my artist alley form too, going with a couple friends, see you all there!

mokulen22
12-17-2012, 07:16 PM
I was thinking about doing artist alley or teaching plushie

sweet_kat22
12-18-2012, 12:52 PM
I got an artist Alley table soooo happy :) Thanks I am looking forward to it,
time to sew sew sew :)

MDA
12-18-2012, 06:43 PM
Updates:

VickyBunnyAngel was announced yesterday as the Cosplay Guest of Honour!!

Photoshoots:
Frostcon will be offering free photoshoots!

Pasiphilo
12-19-2012, 07:51 AM
Looks like fun! I might check it out. :)

Zoeyromanov
12-26-2012, 09:35 AM
Yeah me and my friend are hitting that up owo!
Hopefully I can get my stuff to cosplay as England; and my friends looking into going as Scotland \=w=/
Sounds like fun, I can't wait ^^

Tyler4768
12-26-2012, 05:51 PM
Yeah me and my friend are hitting that up owo!
Hopefully I can get my stuff to cosplay as England; and my friends looking into going as Scotland \=w=/
Sounds like fun, I can't wait ^^

I'm hoping to go! (I need my parent's permissin first.) I'll be Canada! I will have to look for you... XD It'd be nice to have a Family photo for a picture frame. :P XD

kawaiilove
12-27-2012, 04:28 PM
I asked to be in the artist alley :3

Zoeyromanov
01-02-2013, 01:50 PM
I'm hoping to go! (I need my parent's permissin first.) I'll be Canada! I will have to look for you... XD It'd be nice to have a Family photo for a picture frame. :P XD

XP No prob! Hehe I was actually gonna repost in here because im rethinking who id like to be for this (either Hungary, still contemplating England), or 2p!fem!Prussia) but you can still look for me if you want owob!

CompactedEnimie
01-02-2013, 03:22 PM
Yo going to this con as canada maybe but i dsont know i may go in costume if i can get my costume ready in time.:reverse:
Hope to see people there
P.S. this is my first ever con, so excited:mfg:

kawaiilove
01-02-2013, 11:39 PM
I haven't heard anything back from them about AA :/

sweet_kat22
01-09-2013, 08:42 AM
Very excited working away on stuff for my table. Pulled a muscle for a short while back
on track though. Im probably going to be Pinkie Pie for the table.

disgracedwolf
01-09-2013, 09:12 AM
well the Con is Really close to my house and 10 dollar isn't that bad for a one day convention so I will come by YAY!

MDA
01-09-2013, 10:46 PM
@Kawaiilove : I'll see if I can get in touch with the person in charge of AA. If you haven't heard from them. But I think your name is in our artists list on the website.

Programming info should be up hopefully sometime next week~! Hopefully. I'll need confirmation on that from con chair and everyone on that before I can do anything on the website about it.

Though I can confirm the photoshoot schedules. So if you're cosplaying from any of these series you can come by and have your photo taken at the convention photobooth - run by me and Ariya Productions.

Indoors (con photobooth):
11am - Vocaloid / Black Rock Shooter
12pm - Puella Magi Madoka Magika
1pm - Homestuck
2pm - Kuroshitsuji
3pm - Naruto
4pm - Video games
5pm - My Little Pony

Outdoors (Berczy Park):
12pm - Resident Evil
1pm - Pokemon
2pm - Axis Powers Hetalia
3pm - Rise of the Guardians
4pm - Doctor Who
5pm - Marvel VS DC Comics

Nekoyasha_23
01-10-2013, 12:14 AM
cant wait my first con of the year xD

sweet_kat22
01-10-2013, 12:38 PM
Wonders if there will be any other ponies at Frostcon? Ill see you at the
photoshoot. :)

Dart:Dense Boy
01-10-2013, 02:07 PM
Kinda wish this wasnt the same weekend at G-Anime, I would have liked to drop in and check it out :/

ZombiiAxelBlitz
01-17-2013, 02:57 PM
Only a week and a half! We've been working really hard to make this convention an enjoyable experience for everyone!

Our event schedule has been posted and can be viewed here: http://frostcon.weebly.com/event-schedule.html

We hope to see you all on the 27th!

~Axel, head of convention security~

sweet_kat22
01-17-2013, 04:23 PM
oh geez week and a half I am nervous. Also worried about them asking people from artist alley to pay for their table sooner- they origninally said we could pay at door.

Edit: never mind they said we could pay at the door but they prefer it paid sooner, Im out of the city I may have to pay at door.

Zoeyromanov
01-18-2013, 03:44 PM
Im real sorry for reposting =w=;;
I hate to spam up this thread up..but anyways
Im going to Brampton this weekend to look for my wig(s). Which ever wig I find (and can actually get) thats the character I'll be. Here's hoping I find one =w=;;. And if I dont well ill just be -- well me xD

Edit:
Turns out I'm going as Russia because my waifu lent me her Russia wig xD. l didn't even ask, we were at a restaurant and we were talking about Frostcon and deciding who we should be and she goes "you can borrow my Russia wig!" so l said yes because I'm dying to cosplay Russia xD. But hopefully I'll have my own Russia wig soon.

harudae
01-18-2013, 08:24 PM
Not sure if this allowed and I might just post it in the fb event, but a friend of mine bought a wig for a cosplay for this event and it turned out being too short (too much of a hassle to return it/she can use the current length for something else anyway); if anyone going to the con is looking to sell a decent quality medium/short brown wig kinda similar to Yui from K-ON, PM me? Thanks! :3

sweet_kat22
01-19-2013, 08:46 AM
Edit: I dunno what costume I will end up wearing because of some issues
last minuet stuff is a pain.

Tsukune
01-19-2013, 02:38 PM
i'd go if it was local ut toronto is 7hr away for me D:

kawaiilove
01-26-2013, 01:28 PM
Tomorrow woot!
Who is ready?

Zoeyromanov
01-26-2013, 03:50 PM
Meee! ;D
I'm coming as casual Russia :'D

HareyuNanami
01-26-2013, 04:46 PM
I will be going as Mari Makinami in her School Uniform from Evangelion 2.0
=D

Fleeshimon
01-26-2013, 11:17 PM
I'm coming as Sakura Haruno, the costume itself looks pretty messy but it's my first one I made (and also my first time sewing :$ ) so I'll give it a good test run at Frostcon, so I can tweak it for Anime North!

Can't wait to see who shows up ^^
It'll be fun to meet all of you :)

kawaiilove
01-28-2013, 02:10 AM
http://youtu.be/sbbQymePbuI

Friend and I made a vid on frostcon soon to have two reviews coming soon :3

seiryuux
01-28-2013, 12:20 PM
http://youtu.be/sbbQymePbuI

Friend and I made a vid on frostcon soon to have two reviews coming soon :3

Nice vid. Sorry I missed you guys (fellow GTA Cosplayers member), but I had a hard time recognizing anybody with their wigs on (aside from Sasha and Mitch)

sweet_kat22
01-28-2013, 12:57 PM
Thanks Frostcon I had a great time at my first table and made some new friends. It was awesome :D See you guys next year.

DiGi_Rin
01-31-2013, 12:22 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Exa25Jh0wI

Here's our review on the convention. Comment below the video and let us know if you agree, disagree, or any other comments :)

But really good FrostCon, hope to see you next year!

MDA
02-04-2013, 01:11 PM
I'm glad to see everyone had generally a good time :) We're working on improving for next year already :)

Keep in mind since it was our first Frostcon, always going to be hiccups the first year. Found out from someone who started going to AN in it's first year that they had a lot of rough patches too, so we shall work on ours.