PDA

View Full Version : Other Events

Paul Soth
02-28-2004, 07:59 PM
Naturally, we don't need to wait for a con to pull anything. First off, I'm totally up for any sort of random trips, get-togethers, parties, etc.. If you got any ideas, bring them up.

Second, there are two things in the future I'd like us to cover:

The first one is the Doo Dah Parade in the Short North on July 4th. If you don't know, the Doo Dah Parade is basically a goofball parade encouraging silly stuff and the like. Often, various clubs march in it or people use it to pull some political satire. I've been in it myself a few times. The only requirement to march is to just show up and take a spot in the line. I'm sure we can easily pull off something here.

The second bit is an open Halloween party. The Laughing Ogre used to hold one every year before they got too big for them to handle. The city needs something like that again. I propose we get a place and hold a party, perhaps charge for admission, etc. We can have a costume contest, have some games, videos, etc.. Luckily when I was trying to get a con going myself three years back I did a lot of scouting of various sites, so I know what to look for. We can get some stuff together and take it from there.

Thoughts? Ideas?

Rameana
03-01-2004, 12:05 AM
None yet from me, but I need time to think first.

marsie
03-03-2004, 07:03 PM
I say an anime party would be a great starting off point.
Maybe a bring your costume fabric scraps to trade event too. Something so if we have fabric, lace, bits and bobs left over we can trade them with fellow cosplayers. Maybe have everyone bring their sewing machine so we can help out on different pojects?

Paul Soth
03-07-2004, 07:07 PM
I kinda like that. Not only would it help up know each other better, we can also think up of ideas and pool resources and talent. Equipment, space, friends... for instance a close friend of mine is a professional stylist. I'm sure she'd be happy to help out with any hair questions.

We could pull a lot here.

Rameana
03-07-2004, 11:04 PM
wow, this is looking better by the day.

marsie
03-11-2004, 04:09 PM
Well....AnimeNext is coming up. I know a ton of my friends are planning on going to that. If people need rides....etc!

More than welcome.

Make sure at Colossalcon the word gets out about this club!