PDA

View Full Version : harry potter cosplay!

Kate
02-29-2004, 10:21 AM
im just seeing how many peole are cosplaying harry potter charecters. im cosplaying harry while on these roller skate shoes becuse i am a very twisted person to try this stunt.......... but any way i was wondering how many peploe are doing this...........

Kate
02-29-2004, 11:14 AM
cosplaying harry that is!!

Bob Dole
02-29-2004, 01:23 PM
I'm a huge HP fan but... I couldn't pass as any of the characters except for maybe Wood but I'm still a bit too old to be him. Got any pics of your costume so far?

Tenshi
02-29-2004, 03:00 PM
I cosplay a dementor. It's the best costume ever *_*. I have a bunch of pics in my gallery.

As for who I look like -- Luna Lovegood. Unfortunately, I'm more of a Gryffindor than a Ravenclaw, so I'm torn on what house to cosplay, if I ever get around to it.

I think there's a much larger HP cosplay thread floating around here somewhere, so don't be surprised if this thread gets locked ^^.

archangeli
02-29-2004, 03:32 PM
HP costumes and stuff are usually found under "Other Costumes" ;)

Kate
03-01-2004, 04:29 PM
ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo DONT RUB IT IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAA
(looks down at a soda) o yeah WWWWWWWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AkaneSaotome
03-01-2004, 04:44 PM
Where are you going to be a Harry Potter cosplayer. I'd love to be Hermione, people say I look like her alot. I ahve the whole outfit. Maybe if it's close enough, I'll join you. I also have a friend who'd love to be draco malfoy. he's got blonde hair. :bigtu:

SnivellusSnape
03-09-2004, 12:08 AM
Woot! I am about 70% done with my updated Ravenclaw costume, just in time for movie 3. But the skirt is a bitch and don't fit too well and it's all because of my ASS! But whatever. As soon as I get those pics I will post them.

lainey
03-09-2004, 07:25 AM
yeah i'm doing Cho from ravenclaw ^_^

Kellie
03-09-2004, 10:23 AM
I must start on my new HP costume for PoA. Has anyone found any good reference pictures of the new uniforms? I have desperately tried to look everywhere for good, clear ones and have come up empty handed.

Orie-chan
03-10-2004, 03:10 PM
I too want to start an Oliver Wood costume... I think it just might be cheaper to make the cape, besides I could use the sewing experience. ^^; But Yeah, I want to be all decked out for the midnight premiere of PoA! Anyone know of any good patterns you have used? From what I head the simplicity one seems to come out nice, But I just can't seem to decide.

Darkraiser
03-20-2004, 11:10 PM
I'll be cosplaying with my 3 other friends to go see the 3rd movie! i'm Gryffendor and my other friends will be the other 3 houses!

Tenshi
03-21-2004, 09:39 AM
Kellie, try signing up for the Yahoo group MadameMalkins. It's a great HP costuming list ^^. I don't have any school uniforms in progress or planning, so I haven't been keeping up with the pictures they've been sending. They've been arguing about very nitpicky things though, so it's a HP costumer's dream! ^^

Luna Selene
03-21-2004, 01:24 PM
I'm part of MadameMalkins and am working on the PoA robes for the movie opening. However, if anyone wants to see my SS/ CoS robes, feel free to check out my gallery ^_^;

Scortia
03-21-2004, 06:50 PM
I have a huge group going... a lot of people from A-kon may go together too. Anyway, I have an almost finished Remus Lupin... just need to finish the patches and the ears... and no I look nothing like the movie version... But I like Thewlis so I have faith in his acting as Remus ^_^ Gary Oldman will be an amazing Sirius... that is already certain. ^^

RoxieRocket
03-21-2004, 08:32 PM
Gary Oldman will be an amazing Sirius... that is already certain. ^^

And I thought I was the only one XD I love Gary Oldman.

Me, I know that I have to HAVE to do Madame Hooch's Quidditch Referee uniform someday... when I can afford it. ;_; It's just too hot a costume to pass up :p

kdthompson
03-21-2004, 08:46 PM
*looks around in awe* Hello every one. I'm so excited I found this thread. My friend Mango and I are going to college together and are cosplay buddies. Since the colors of the school are black and gold; We're going to be making Hufflepuff uniforms to wear around on spirit days. I also have 2 other original HP charactes I want to make costumes for (all of which are students).*has busily begun knitting scarves*

In the meantime, for the next book release, I'm thinking about being snape or something. My hair does weird things when it's greesy. -_-;

odango-mango
03-21-2004, 08:53 PM
i just found this topic too ^_^ i want to be Harry Potter for halloween this year. but i'll probably have the cloack and scarf comissioned for me since i'm too lazy to sew

kdthompson
03-21-2004, 08:58 PM
I'll probably have my cloak comissioned too. The thing is, I just resently learned how to knit, and its really easy. That's why I've planned on making my own scarves. The thing is, I barely have the patience to do it.

Once I get that down pat, I think I'll try something sweaterish...but I might be a bit too ambitious.

odango-mango
03-21-2004, 09:01 PM
yeah i got no patients for sewing myself that's why it takes me ages to finish one costume cause i get so frustrated and i can only work on it a bit at a time.
But i've got my harry wig all done so maybe i'll take some pictures of that.

kdthompson
03-21-2004, 09:09 PM
Congrads on the wig. Did you make it? *is looking for tips*

Sympahty on the sewing issues; I suffer from much the same. It's why I never sew anything from scratch. And if I do it's generally quite small.

Oh, and I have my wand already; I got it comissioned from Pikminlink. She does wonderful work quite reasonably as well. I'd suggest anyone get their wand from her.

odango-mango
03-21-2004, 09:14 PM
oh really maybe i will ask her about a wand then since i don't have one yet :D
I'm a wig stylist (wannabe) actually i've done wig styling for friends costumes and they all turned out good!
I could send you some instructions or a draw up a diagram of what i did for my harry wig. The cut is fairly simple to do. I'll take some pics of mine this week sometime and you can see how it turned out.

kdthompson
03-21-2004, 09:47 PM
I suppose I was looking for general tips for style wigs. I'd be more than happy to recieve instuction on your harry wig or any of yoru other wigs for that matter.

HuongStar
03-22-2004, 02:01 PM
i just found this topic too ^_^ i want to be Harry Potter for halloween this year. but i'll probably have the cloack and scarf comissioned for me since i'm too lazy to sew

Genki Gang (http://www.genkigang.com) (see sig) now carries cloaks, along with their usual selection of Hogwarts scarves & sweaters. :love:

odango-mango
03-23-2004, 12:32 AM
yay! thanks for the link i'll definately check the site out...wheeee for Harry Potter!

CosplayerGabi
03-31-2004, 01:33 AM
Just a Quick reminder or heads up.... Those of you going to Costume Con 22 in Georgia should know there is a big HP party on friday night April 2nd at 8 pm. It's supposed to be a lot of fun!

I just might wear my crap-cosplay Angelina Johnson. I really should post pictures of that. It doesn't look bad at all. If anyone wants a wand I have a spare!

Gab