View Full Version : harry potter cosplay!

02-29-2004, 10:21 AM
im just seeing how many peole are cosplaying harry potter charecters. im cosplaying harry while on these roller skate shoes becuse i am a very twisted person to try this stunt.......... but any way i was wondering how many peploe are doing this...........

02-29-2004, 11:14 AM
cosplaying harry that is!!

Bob Dole
02-29-2004, 01:23 PM
I'm a huge HP fan but... I couldn't pass as any of the characters except for maybe Wood but I'm still a bit too old to be him. Got any pics of your costume so far?

02-29-2004, 03:00 PM
I cosplay a dementor. It's the best costume ever *_*. I have a bunch of pics in my gallery.

As for who I look like -- Luna Lovegood. Unfortunately, I'm more of a Gryffindor than a Ravenclaw, so I'm torn on what house to cosplay, if I ever get around to it.

I think there's a much larger HP cosplay thread floating around here somewhere, so don't be surprised if this thread gets locked ^^.

02-29-2004, 03:32 PM
HP costumes and stuff are usually found under "Other Costumes" ;)

03-01-2004, 04:29 PM
(looks down at a soda) o yeah WWWWWWWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

03-01-2004, 04:44 PM
Where are you going to be a Harry Potter cosplayer. I'd love to be Hermione, people say I look like her alot. I ahve the whole outfit. Maybe if it's close enough, I'll join you. I also have a friend who'd love to be draco malfoy. he's got blonde hair. :bigtu:

03-09-2004, 12:08 AM
Woot! I am about 70% done with my updated Ravenclaw costume, just in time for movie 3. But the skirt is a bitch and don't fit too well and it's all because of my ASS! But whatever. As soon as I get those pics I will post them.

03-09-2004, 07:25 AM
yeah i'm doing Cho from ravenclaw ^_^

03-09-2004, 10:23 AM
I must start on my new HP costume for PoA. Has anyone found any good reference pictures of the new uniforms? I have desperately tried to look everywhere for good, clear ones and have come up empty handed.

03-10-2004, 03:10 PM
I too want to start an Oliver Wood costume... I think it just might be cheaper to make the cape, besides I could use the sewing experience. ^^; But Yeah, I want to be all decked out for the midnight premiere of PoA! Anyone know of any good patterns you have used? From what I head the simplicity one seems to come out nice, But I just can't seem to decide.

03-20-2004, 11:10 PM
I'll be cosplaying with my 3 other friends to go see the 3rd movie! i'm Gryffendor and my other friends will be the other 3 houses!

03-21-2004, 09:39 AM
Kellie, try signing up for the Yahoo group MadameMalkins. It's a great HP costuming list ^^. I don't have any school uniforms in progress or planning, so I haven't been keeping up with the pictures they've been sending. They've been arguing about very nitpicky things though, so it's a HP costumer's dream! ^^

Luna Selene
03-21-2004, 01:24 PM
I'm part of MadameMalkins and am working on the PoA robes for the movie opening. However, if anyone wants to see my SS/ CoS robes, feel free to check out my gallery ^_^;

03-21-2004, 06:50 PM
I have a huge group going... a lot of people from A-kon may go together too. Anyway, I have an almost finished Remus Lupin... just need to finish the patches and the ears... and no I look nothing like the movie version... But I like Thewlis so I have faith in his acting as Remus ^_^ Gary Oldman will be an amazing Sirius... that is already certain. ^^

03-21-2004, 08:32 PM
Gary Oldman will be an amazing Sirius... that is already certain. ^^

And I thought I was the only one XD I love Gary Oldman.

Me, I know that I have to HAVE to do Madame Hooch's Quidditch Referee uniform someday... when I can afford it. ;_; It's just too hot a costume to pass up :p

03-21-2004, 08:46 PM
*looks around in awe* Hello every one. I'm so excited I found this thread. My friend Mango and I are going to college together and are cosplay buddies. Since the colors of the school are black and gold; We're going to be making Hufflepuff uniforms to wear around on spirit days. I also have 2 other original HP charactes I want to make costumes for (all of which are students).*has busily begun knitting scarves*

In the meantime, for the next book release, I'm thinking about being snape or something. My hair does weird things when it's greesy. -_-;

03-21-2004, 08:53 PM
i just found this topic too ^_^ i want to be Harry Potter for halloween this year. but i'll probably have the cloack and scarf comissioned for me since i'm too lazy to sew

03-21-2004, 08:58 PM
I'll probably have my cloak comissioned too. The thing is, I just resently learned how to knit, and its really easy. That's why I've planned on making my own scarves. The thing is, I barely have the patience to do it.

Once I get that down pat, I think I'll try something sweaterish...but I might be a bit too ambitious.

03-21-2004, 09:01 PM
yeah i got no patients for sewing myself that's why it takes me ages to finish one costume cause i get so frustrated and i can only work on it a bit at a time.
But i've got my harry wig all done so maybe i'll take some pictures of that.

03-21-2004, 09:09 PM
Congrads on the wig. Did you make it? *is looking for tips*

Sympahty on the sewing issues; I suffer from much the same. It's why I never sew anything from scratch. And if I do it's generally quite small.

Oh, and I have my wand already; I got it comissioned from Pikminlink. She does wonderful work quite reasonably as well. I'd suggest anyone get their wand from her.

03-21-2004, 09:14 PM
oh really maybe i will ask her about a wand then since i don't have one yet :D
I'm a wig stylist (wannabe) actually i've done wig styling for friends costumes and they all turned out good!
I could send you some instructions or a draw up a diagram of what i did for my harry wig. The cut is fairly simple to do. I'll take some pics of mine this week sometime and you can see how it turned out.

03-21-2004, 09:47 PM
I suppose I was looking for general tips for style wigs. I'd be more than happy to recieve instuction on your harry wig or any of yoru other wigs for that matter.

03-22-2004, 02:01 PM
i just found this topic too ^_^ i want to be Harry Potter for halloween this year. but i'll probably have the cloack and scarf comissioned for me since i'm too lazy to sew

Genki Gang (http://www.genkigang.com) (see sig) now carries cloaks, along with their usual selection of Hogwarts scarves & sweaters. :love:

03-23-2004, 12:32 AM
yay! thanks for the link i'll definately check the site out...wheeee for Harry Potter!

03-31-2004, 01:33 AM
Just a Quick reminder or heads up.... Those of you going to Costume Con 22 in Georgia should know there is a big HP party on friday night April 2nd at 8 pm. It's supposed to be a lot of fun!

I just might wear my crap-cosplay Angelina Johnson. I really should post pictures of that. It doesn't look bad at all. If anyone wants a wand I have a spare!