PDA

View Full Version : ConBravo! 2013 - July 26-28th

HidoshiNobunaga
01-02-2013, 05:00 PM
http://conbravo.com/files/CB_leaderboard.jpg

I'm gonna put this up here as the official CB! 2013 thread.

What is ConBravo! and why should I go?
ConBravo! is the annual festival of all things geek, located in Hamilton, ON, and running on July 26-28th. It's now our fourth annual show and the previous year saw 2300 of you fine folks pour through the convention, filling up the concerts, guest sessions, panels, workshops, events, and more!

We're dedicated to bringing together the best in indie media, gaming, music, cosplay and more under one roof, and you guys are a huge part of making that happen.

Visit our website at http://conbravo.com for details, or read on!

What guests are coming to ConBravo! 2013?
Our confirmed lineup includes:
+Mark Meer, voice actor for Commander Shepard in Mass Effect 1-3.
+James Portnow, writer and co-creator of Extra Credits and game designer
+Brent "brentalfloss" Black, geek musician and songwriter
+Doug Walker the Nostalgia Critic, online film critic and comedian
+Mara Wilson, Playwright, blogger, and former child star.
+Pete Williams, artist, voice actor, creator of UnderGRADS.
+The World is Square, the entirely too-talented Square-Enix tribute band
+WordBurglar, comic-based geek rapper and local Toronto artist
+The Blast Processors, five-piece rock band with an awesome Sega Genesis remix angle
+Shaun Hatton aka DJ Finish Him, Toronto geek news journalist/reporter and chiptune DJ
+Leo "That SciFi Guy" Thompson, host of That SciFi Guy and the League of Inebriated Gentlemen
+Lewis "Linkara" Lovhaug, comic book critic and host of Atop the Fourth Wall
+3killabytes, 3-piece nerdy review crew of films and video games
+Justin "JewWario" Carmical, host of You Can Play This & the upcoming FamiKamen Rider series
+The Game Chasers, Billy and Jay, the geeky version of American Pickers
+Pat the NES Punk, creator of the Punk Effect and reviewer of classic games
+Joey "Roo" DeSena, co-creator of Clan of the Gray Wolf and host of 16-Bit Gems
+Norm the Gaming Historian, intellectual headliner for Retroware TV
+Leo "That SciFi Guy" Thompson, sci-fi reviewer for thatguywiththeglasses.com
+Lewis "Linkara" Lovhaug, comic book reviewer for Atop the Fourth Wall
+Chez Apocalypse, including the Nostalgia Chick, Nella!, Lisa, PawDugan, ToddintheShadows, Rantasmo, Oancitizen, FoldableHuman, and Phil-Buni
+Mike "Birdman" Dodd, co-host of This Week in Geek and a raft of other online shows
+Vitaly S. Alexius, creator and artist of Romantically Apocalyptic

Our guest roster is expanding, so expect this list to grow shortly!

What is there to see and do at ConBravo! 2013?
We play host to a lot of different events, both indoors and out. Our attractions include:
- Guest Q&A Sessions
- Panels & Workshops
- Guest Autographs
- Music Concerts
- Vendor Market & Artist Alley
- Electronic Gaming Hall (Console gaming, arcade cabs, Rock Band, indie games, etc)
- Tabletop Gaming Tournaments (Settlers of Catan, Magic, D&D, indie games, etc)
- The Cosplay Masquerade
- DanceBravo!
- Name That Tune (Anime, Gaming, and Cartoon editions)
- Geek Squares (Attendee and Celebrity editions)
- D20 Live - our signature celebrity roleplaying session
- Team Fortress Live - our brand spankin' new Nerf wargame
- Quidditch - the Harry Potter game brought to life by the International Quidditch Association
- Live Action Mario Party - the best in fun-filled life-sized boardgaming

Note: Events may be subject to change.

Where is it, and how much?
ConBravo! 2013 will be held at:
The Hamilton Convention Centre (http://goo.gl/maps/pahbN)
1 Summers Lane
Hamilton, ON, L8P4Y2

Ticket Prices:
Earlybird Pre-Registration (https://conbravo.ticketbud.com/conbravo-2013): $25 (Feb 15th-Mar 15th) - ENDED
Regular Pre-Registration: $30 (Mar 15th-Jul 1st) – OPEN NOW
At-Door Registration: $35

Tickets will also be available from July 1st to July 25th online for the at-door price so you can skip part of the registration process and just do badge pickup.

Where can I stay for the convention?
The Sheraton Hamilton Hotel (http://www.sheratonhamilton.com/) is running a special rate for our attendees until July 12th. Hotel rate is available via online (https://www.starwoodmeeting.com/Book/ConBravo2013) or call-in booking.

For more information, including registration, go to http://conbravo.com. We're also on Facebook (Group (http://www.facebook.com/ConBravo) and Page (http://www.facebook.com/groups/111765256468/)) and Twitter (http://twitter.com/TweetBravo/).

See you all there! If you guys have questions about the show, please feel free to post them here or email info@conbravo.com. Thanks!

KittyCanuck
01-03-2013, 08:05 PM
You know I'll be there!

Kaijugal
01-04-2013, 03:51 AM
I like how in your banner pic, right in the foreground is someone waving a huge bottle of Jägermeister. XD LOL!

AJ the Collector
01-04-2013, 09:26 PM
Holy shit JewWario YES.

So bringing something retro Pokemon related for him to sign.

Rainbowgasm
01-04-2013, 11:18 PM
bringing my whole crew this time!

MDA
01-04-2013, 11:34 PM
Uh... wasn't this con in Burlington last year? And Oakville in it's first year? Most con's don't move cities every year...

MaiSheri
01-04-2013, 11:56 PM
Uh... wasn't this con in Burlington last year? And Oakville in it's first year? Most con's don't move cities every year...

No, most don't. But some do. In this case, wouldn't you rather go to a convention which is in an appropriate size venue than be squished into a sold-out hotel or have an attendance cap just so it could stay in the same city?

Rainbowgasm
01-05-2013, 11:08 AM

it was in Burlington (in the same Holiday Inn) the last 2 years, as that's as long as I've been going... I'd much rather it moves to a big enough space (it was cramped last year) and a little more south then become another FanExpo but in a hotel... I don't think staff would appreciate that much... it really not that much farther anyways, its what, 4 interchanges on the highway? maybe 6? maybe I'm wrong, but google maps has it only about 15-20 minutes longer trip then the old hotel!

MDA
01-05-2013, 11:50 AM
No, most don't. But some do. In this case, wouldn't you rather go to a convention which is in an appropriate size venue than be squished into a sold-out hotel or have an attendance cap just so it could stay in the same city?

it was in Burlington (in the same Holiday Inn) the last 2 years, as that's as long as I've been going... I'd much rather it moves to a big enough space (it was cramped last year) and a little more south then become another FanExpo but in a hotel... I don't think staff would appreciate that much... it really not that much farther anyways, its what, 4 interchanges on the highway? maybe 6? maybe I'm wrong, but google maps has it only about 15-20 minutes longer trip then the old hotel!

Ah ok that makes sense. Despite that I don't think I'll be able to return to it again due to some personal issues and that I can't afford to do ConBravo!, Otakuthon, and Fan Expo.

And I mostly did 2012 for the simple fact I already had a trip planned for out to Woodstock that same weekend and asked my friend I was visiting if she was interested in going. It certainly gave us something to do for Saturday and we were able to see some friends we only see a few times a year. And a second cosplay opportunity for her.

HidoshiNobunaga
01-08-2013, 07:21 AM
Updated the guest list.

Re: Location
RainbowGasm nailed it. Our old space was way too small for last year. We managed to scrape by just barely and we knew by Saturday afternoon that a move was in our future. Two years at the Burlington location was good, but they just don't have the space for us. Consider that we went from 325 to 1200 to 2300 across our three years so far. Growth has been hard to project. ^^;

The HCC affords us not only enough space for attendees this year, but also gives us room to grow for quite a number of years. We can likely go up to 6-8,000 in this space, which should give us at least a few years of staying in one place.

It's also easier to get to the HCC since we're only a block or two from the Hamilton GO Station, much closer than the old Burlington one. And it's a direct route from the QEW. You just exit at Main St. and turn at Summer's Lane and you're there. Convenient transit for attendees has been a big issue for us, as has local food access, and the HCC serves both extremely well at this point.

Liliana
01-08-2013, 01:51 PM
@HidoshiNobunaga: Wow! that's amazing! o.o I can't believe how fast Con Bravo is growing, that is awesome.

If I can't manage to make it to Otakuthon this year, this con I will def come to. It is so nice to be able to go to a con durning that time of year, and close enough to where I live.~ :)

Ani_BEE
01-08-2013, 03:07 PM
I like how in your banner pic, right in the foreground is someone waving a huge bottle of Jägermeister. XD LOL!

I looks like a Sayian cosplayer from Dragon Ball Z as well. :thumbsup: I don't think it is those.

DireKitty
01-08-2013, 03:27 PM
Updated the guest list.

Re: Location
RainbowGasm nailed it. Our old space was way too small for last year. We managed to scrape by just barely and we knew by Saturday afternoon that a move was in our future. Two years at the Burlington location was good, but they just don't have the space for us. Consider that we went from 325 to 1200 to 2300 across our three years so far. Growth has been hard to project. ^^;

The HCC affords us not only enough space for attendees this year, but also gives us room to grow for quite a number of years. We can likely go up to 6-8,000 in this space, which should give us at least a few years of staying in one place.

It's also easier to get to the HCC since we're only a block or two from the Hamilton GO Station, much closer than the old Burlington one. And it's a direct route from the QEW. You just exit at Main St. and turn at Summer's Lane and you're there. Convenient transit for attendees has been a big issue for us, as has local food access, and the HCC serves both extremely well at this point.

Impressive numbers! HCC is a great spot that gives you room to grow.

HidoshiNobunaga
01-08-2013, 03:57 PM

What can I say? Our fans party hard. ^~

jukebox
01-08-2013, 10:49 PM
Personally, I think the Jagermeister is a nice touch. :P

Given the kind of numbers that the con has been pulling in over time, I don't think the frequent moving is entirely an issue. But out of curiosity, are we gonna have bigger panel rooms this year? The Bad Fanfic Panel needs breathing room, after all! It was a little cramped last year.

HidoshiNobunaga
01-08-2013, 11:05 PM
Yes, the panel rooms are sufficiently larger. We have one which is about the same size and will be used mostly for screenings. The rest are, by my estimate, double or larger.

Kaijugal
01-17-2013, 08:25 AM
Personally, I think the Jagermeister is a nice touch. :P

Hey I said I liked it didn't I? I think it's hilarious! XD I can't wait to see everybody there! Ooh and thank you for reminding me about the bad fanfic panel. I'll have to get a new one to submit this year. Sadly I missed them reading mine this past year because I had a panel scheduled against it. (such is a busy con life!) :D I know it made an impact however, as I saw somebody had drawn fan art based on it in my newsfeed right after the con. bwahaha. XD

I very much look forward to Con Bravo!

HidoshiNobunaga
01-30-2013, 06:28 PM
Added Leo "That SciFi Guy" Thompson to our guest list.

Our 2012 Photo Gallery (http://conbravo.com/about/photo-gallery/) is also up!

HidoshiNobunaga
02-06-2013, 10:36 AM
Lewis "Linkara" Lovhaug has been added to our lineup of guests. We're also looking for folks interested in being referees for Team Fortress Live (NERF gun war). If you're one of those folks, send an email to info@conbravo.com. Thanks!

HidoshiNobunaga
02-10-2013, 08:47 PM
Earlybird Pre-Registration opens on the 15th! We'll have 250 of these advance tickets available until March 15th (or when supplies run out).

If you're going to be at Con-G and want to pre-reg, we'll also be accepting earlybird at our promotional table there. Earlybird is only $25 for a weekend pass.

Rainbowgasm
02-11-2013, 11:17 AM
Earlybird Pre-Registration opens on the 15th! We'll have 250 of these advance tickets available until March 15th (or when supplies run out).

If you're going to be at Con-G and want to pre-reg, we'll also be accepting earlybird at our promotional table there. Earlybird is only $25 for a weekend pass.

I'm going to be buying mine and a couple friends passes at Con-G for sure! :)

siyrean
02-12-2013, 10:15 AM
i'll admit, i wasn't planning on going again after how packed last year was but with the move I'll try to make it. It's just I don't have friends to stay with in that city so I'll have to find some roommates unless the con room rate is really cheep.

kawaiilove
02-12-2013, 01:11 PM
Just not my kind of con.
More for people that like youtube people.
Won't be going this year.

HidoshiNobunaga
02-15-2013, 09:12 AM
Earlybird Pre-Reg (https://conbravo.ticketbud.com/conbravo-2013) is open, Artist (http://conbravo.com/apply/artists/) and Vendor (http://conbravo.com/apply/vendors/) applications are now being accepted, and our Hotel room rate (http://conbravo.com/venue/)has been posted!

zeekayart
02-15-2013, 08:35 PM
Woohoo! Just sent in my artist alley app this morning! So excited for ConBravo!, I think this year's going to be the best year yet with the new location!

shinigami714
02-20-2013, 10:59 PM
I've never been to this con before but I'm thinking of applying for artist alley. Would anyone recommend it that has sold here before?

zeekayart
02-20-2013, 11:26 PM
I've sold at ConBravo for two years in the AA and I did decent sales both times. I'm hoping to come back this year so yes, I do recommend it :D.

harudae
02-22-2013, 11:28 PM
Just wondering, but is the Artist Alley first-come, first-served for applications?

Rhapsados
02-24-2013, 04:09 PM
I've never been to this con before but I'm thinking of applying for artist alley. Would anyone recommend it that has sold here before?

Last year the con was a bit packed, but by judging from this topic, the space will be larger to accommodate the extra people. Attendance numbers are good for a non-Toronto con, and lots of regular con-goers go to Con Bravo. I'd say yes.

I'll be going as Schoolgirl!Homura and Jack Frost!

HidoshiNobunaga
02-25-2013, 09:40 AM
Just wondering, but is the Artist Alley first-come, first-served for applications?

No, we use a juried system instead of first-serve or lottery. :)

HylianKnight
02-26-2013, 05:41 PM
Looks like I'll be able to attend this con, which makes me happy~ :D

I'll be going as Trainer Red, with a friend as Trainer Blue on Sunday, we were hoping there might be some Rocket Grunts out and about for some fun shoots? :)

shinigami714
03-07-2013, 02:24 PM
Got my Artist Alley confirmation today, which means I need to find a hotel, anyone else going that wants to go splitsies on a room? Girls preferably, no offense gents.

siyrean
03-08-2013, 06:15 AM
i might need a room mate, i'm just not 100% sure i'm going yet.

if i am, i'll probably volunteer too as it's not really my kind of fandoms so i don't mind missing panels.

HidoshiNobunaga
03-15-2013, 01:00 PM
Our Earlybird has ended and regular Pre-Registration is now open for $30!

We've also added Mark Meer, the voice actor for Commander Shepard of Mass Effect to our lineup, as well as Linkara from Atop the Fourth Wall, Rantasmo from Needs More Gay, Dan Olson from Folding Ideas, and Mike Bennett aka Phil-Buni.

Boreotheria
04-14-2013, 07:12 PM
I'm thinking of going but I would really love to see a panel list. Since I've never been to CB before I have no idea what kind of panel programming there is, and that can make or break a con for me. Yeah, I'm a geek among geeks.

Regarding location changes: Oakville, Burlington, and Hamilton are within a half hour drive of each other. :P Considering that you can keep a con "in Toronto" and still have it fifty kilometres from where it was the year before... ;)

Rainbowgasm
04-14-2013, 09:19 PM
I'm thinking of going but I would really love to see a panel list. Since I've never been to CB before I have no idea what kind of panel programming there is, and that can make or break a con for me. Yeah, I'm a geek among geeks.

Regarding location changes: Oakville, Burlington, and Hamilton are within a half hour drive of each other. :P Considering that you can keep a con "in Toronto" and still have it fifty kilometres from where it was the year before... ;)

panels depend on what people volunteer for... so it changes DRASTICALLY from year to year...

Boreotheria
04-14-2013, 09:38 PM
Well, obviously. :) I've been on programming committees before, I know you rarely get the same thing twice in a row. But, er... yeah, I guess April is a little early to expect even a first draft list. I'll be patient.

HidoshiNobunaga
04-14-2013, 11:08 PM
The time can vary depending on where you are in each city. However, the Hamilton Convention Centre and our old location at the Burlington Holiday Inn are only 14 minutes (15.8km) from each other. It's 45 minutes by car from Front and University St. in downtown Toronto to the HCC, so it's pretty close to the heart of Toronto overall, but we don't pretend to be a Toronto con, merely Toronto-accessible. :)

As for panels, yes, typically we don't post a first-round list until the end of May since we get a lot of panelists signing up and just after at Anime North. Soon enough though!

Boreotheria
04-15-2013, 08:35 AM
I know you're not pretending to be a Toronto con. You're a Golden Horseshoe con. :)

What I mean is, people complain about it being "in a different town" if it moves from Oakville to Hamilton, but don't consider that if it was in Toronto there could be a greater distance between locations that are still technically in the same city. ;)

HidoshiNobunaga
04-15-2013, 11:49 AM
Ahhh, very true. :)

Rainbowgasm
04-20-2013, 09:16 AM
so a friend of mine asked me to buy her a ticket at Con-G and I did... she never paid me back and now she 'can't afford it', so I emailed reg and they said as long as I pick up the ticket, anyone can have it after that, it doesn't have to be the person I have it reg'd as right now...

So I'm selling the ticket... $25... PM me?! :S I need it gone at the con because I can't afford it, it essentially makes my pass $50 if I don't sell it...

C.U.
05-12-2013, 10:24 PM
ah. i was wondering what that con was in oakville that i missed and what happened to it. so that was con bravo? I know the number of people rose considerably last year, but NC and AVGN arn't coming this year. Those 2 drew a crowd. I wonder how the numbers will be this year. not saying anything. just curious. loved it last year though. I went for AVGN, but there was so much more there I enjoyed seeing. Without the big distractions I will have more time for other things. :)

HidoshiNobunaga
05-12-2013, 10:55 PM
I'm fairly sure more than enough people will turn out for the con in general. Plus, Mark Meer and brentalfloss alone have considerably large fanbases. ^~ And the Nostalgia Critic is indeed coming.

Also, on the numbers game: We went 325-1200-2300 in our three previous years. We've found the correlation with guest appearances is meaningful, but not singularly so. We've had a lot of feedback that speaks more about the events and the customer service/satisfaction provided, so those have all been equally important factors.

Our commitment has been to present unique content, excellent customer services, and an experience that is a blend of rockin' party and informative conference.

Seena-Cha
05-21-2013, 11:24 PM
First year of going to Con Bravo, this should be fun ouo
Ummmm cosplay wise... i believe i have 2 confirmed cosplays and one maybe.
Confirmed are charlotte from madoka magica and shinku from rozen maiden.
The maybe is either mammon or maria from Umineko.

HidoshiNobunaga
05-30-2013, 02:15 PM
For anyone participating in the InVid Indie Video Showcase, tomorrow is the last day to submit!

http://conbravo.com/apply/invid/

emm_gee
05-31-2013, 12:57 PM
Booked the weekend off for this!
last year was my first time attending. I ended up meeting two people that I am now close friends with :)

justine_m1989
06-10-2013, 03:29 PM
Hey guys! This is one of the admins for the Hetalia Ask a Nation panel at ConBravo here to announce that auditions are now open! Character positions taken are: England played by Justine, and France played by Clara. (Christina, the second admin, will be taking a character after the applications are in, depending on which position is needed more). Other characters needed are:
America
Canada
Russia
China
North Italy
Germany
Japan
Prussia.
You may apply for any CANON character here or even ones not listed, but we can only have ten panelists total, therefore main characters have priority over secondary ones.

To apply, having the official WWII outfit of the character is highly preferred and will be favored. If you don't have the full cosplay at the moment but will have it for the convention, just make a note. Also if you CANNOT get the specific outfit in time for the convention but have another appropriate and official military like outfit feel free to still apply, again merely let us know. Please send a picture of your cosplay either laid out, or of you wearing it. To ensure fan queries can be answered well during the panel, you will also be required to answer four in character questions, listed below.
~
Question 1: What are the top three things that make a good country?
Question 2: In the event of an enemy attack, what would you do?
Question 3: What is the hardest battle you have fought? Whether it be in a war or fighting with yourself to make a decision.
Question 4: In a few words, without mentioning their name, how would you describe the person you've known the longest?
~
Also as a reminder to all that this is a general ages panel so please be appropriate when asking or answering questions.(This goes for the audience and panelists.) Any swearing or sexual words/actions are NOT allowed and will result in negative action from staff. Lastly whether you end up being a panelist or an audience member, just be respectful and have fun! We hope to see many applications! They are due on June 30th, please email them to hetalia_ask_a_nation@hotmail.com by then.

MutantCanuck
06-10-2013, 06:07 PM
Definitely thinking of going both days now. Would need to take the Go bus though. x.x

AJ the Collector
06-12-2013, 04:27 AM
Nostalgia Critic and Mara Wilson will meet in person for the first time at ConBravo.

ConBravo 2013 is about to be the stage of an important piece of internet celebrity history!

HidoshiNobunaga
06-14-2013, 01:20 PM
We've added on the following guests (http://conbravo.com/guests/):
+ Mara Wilson, playwright, blogger, and former child star
+ Pete Williams, artist, voice actor, and creator of UnderGRADS
+ Cast & Crew of Versus Valerie
+ Cast & Crew of Space Janitors

We're also proud to announce the following attractions (http://conbravo.com/attractions/) have been added for 2013:
+ Arcade Gaming, with over 25 machines both classic and modern
+ PC Gaming, sponsored by Canada Computers
+ Gaming Swap Meet, between 11-2:00 PM on Saturday, tables are $30
+ Silicon Alley, independent game developers marketplace
+ InVid, independent video showcase (winners will be featured on Channel Awesome)

Last, but definitely not least, tickets are still only $30 until July 1st! After that, the price goes up to $35 which is the at-door weekend price. Get your discounted tickets now (https://conbravo.ticketbud.com/conbravo-2013)!

Lady Skye
06-16-2013, 12:16 PM
Hey all!

Online Masquerade registration (http://conbravo.com/attractions/masquerade/) is now up and running. We hope to see you and your lovely costumes in this years show! On site registration will also be available at the show for those who'd rather register in person :)

Rainbowgasm
06-17-2013, 12:01 AM
Hey all!

Online Masquerade registration (http://conbravo.com/attractions/masquerade/) is now up and running. We hope to see you and your lovely costumes in this years show! On site registration will also be available at the show for those who'd rather register in person :)

awsome XP once school is out and exams are over I'll talk to my partner about getting registered...

Error: there is an Artisan choice on the hand in forms, but not the online one...

Lady Skye
06-17-2013, 08:48 AM
awsome XP once school is out and exams are over I'll talk to my partner about getting registered...

Error: there is an Artisan choice on the hand in forms, but not the online one...

Awesome! :) (hope the exams go well, uggh exams)

Woop, thank you very much for pointing that out! I will let our admin folk know :)

Trsiel Oraynah
06-18-2013, 01:40 PM
Awesome thing about ConBravo? I have no need to book a hotel. I live in Hamilton. Heck! I can WALK to the con :P I will definitely be attending all weekend. Just trying to decide whether I want to cosplay: Lightning, Fem!Sesshomaru, Lucy (elfen lied), Konan, or a new secret one I've been working on :P hint (it involves a tricycle)

impossiblypossi
06-19-2013, 05:23 PM
I'm really excited for this con!
Can't wait to be in cosplay again.

AS WELL AS. I'm going to be doing photoshoots if any cosplayers are interested?
Check out my tumblr ad and give me a shout if you're interested.
http://impossiblypossiblephotography.tumblr.com/post/53389180212/impossiblypossiblephotography-photoshoot-post

VampirePickle
06-22-2013, 01:56 PM
My friend and I will be returning for another year! We have been going since it's first year and don't plan on stopping now~ This con is where we met our awesome group of friends so this con has so awesome memories for us! We will also be going all three days :3 Only making one new costume this time around as I think I have spent enough money on fabric and wigs for this year :'D

justine_m1989
06-22-2013, 02:13 PM
Hello everyone!

Just a reminder that the applications for Con Bravo's Hetalia: Ask a Nation Panel are due next week. I posted previously the requirements and what characters.

The email is: hetalia_ask_a_nation@hotmail.com

MaiSheri
06-23-2013, 10:41 AM
I have a question for the masquerade director or staff, but I can't find contact information anywhere on the CB! site. How can I get in touch?

Rainbowgasm
06-23-2013, 01:51 PM
I have a question for the masquerade director or staff, but I can't find contact information anywhere on the CB! site. How can I get in touch?

its on the masquerade page- masquerade@conbravo.com :)
http://conbravo.com/attractions/masquerade/

MaiSheri
06-24-2013, 05:41 PM
its on the masquerade page- masquerade@conbravo.com :)
http://conbravo.com/attractions/masquerade/

Ahh, thanks. It was hard to spot while just skimming for info >_<

NicotineUke
06-27-2013, 10:48 PM
So excited for the Ask A Nation results! ^^

I wonder why ConBravo doesn't have it's own little subforum yet, it's big enough....

DireKitty
06-28-2013, 03:07 PM

I wonder why ConBravo doesn't have it's own little subforum yet, it's big enough....

The subforums were supposed to have been updated a long time ago.... but the admin for cos.com is really slow at changing things, and some things just never get done.

Angathol
06-28-2013, 06:39 PM

The subforums were supposed to have been updated a long time ago.... but the admin for cos.com is really slow at changing things, and some things just never get done.

Basically what DK said. I can only maintain the existing forums, and not create new ones, sadly. Admin made some promises to me a long time ago but he's never really followed through.

DireKitty
06-30-2013, 10:58 AM
Basically what DK said. I can only maintain the existing forums, and not create new ones, sadly. Admin made some promises to me a long time ago but he's never really followed through.

Admin now saying new changes will occur on Monday.

HidoshiNobunaga
06-30-2013, 12:15 PM
Final day for Pre-Reg is here: https://conbravo.ticketbud.com/conbravo-2013

HidoshiNobunaga
07-03-2013, 12:53 PM
Pre-Reg has been extended until the 12th! Lotta people requested, so we made time. :)

mikcy
07-04-2013, 11:44 PM
I'm excited to go! I wanted to go last year, but couldn't make it out. I'm bringing Kyoshi Suki and a bunny suit with me. Not sure what else to bring~

Sinfang
07-05-2013, 01:15 AM
I've never been to conbravo before, how is it compared to Anime North? (the only con i've been to so far.)

I've no idea if I want to go, and it's probably pretty late to ask this, but just in case, does anyone have an empty spot in their hotel reservation?

Wolfaman
07-06-2013, 05:34 PM
Any persona cosplayers? Would love to do a meet up :)

naomi_censored
07-07-2013, 02:17 PM
Sinfang, ConBravo is less of an anime convention and more of a geek culture convention. It's more about the people who love and respond to geeky art, and less about about the art itself. The guestlist should give you some idea of the kind of material being celebrated at the con. :) It's an awesome fun con.

I'm actually looking to see about getting a hotel room (decided last minute that I really want to go for the whole con and not just one day). Maybe we could work something out? Are you male or female, btw?

HidoshiNobunaga
07-07-2013, 03:15 PM
The Sheraton is all sold out except for suites and club rooms.

We have a deal at the Crowne Plaza (http://www.ihg.com/crowneplaza/hotels/us/en/hamilton/yhmcp/hoteldetail?groupCode=CBN) however, which just got added a few days ago.

Sinfang
07-08-2013, 01:08 AM
Male. (I keep getting asked that. I suppose I ought to change my avatar.)

Finally found a schedule! A little sparse at first glance, but a few things pop out. And has anyone made the trip from K-W without a car? I'm flipping through bus websites here.

NicotineUke
07-09-2013, 01:21 PM
Wasn't the second version of the schedule supposed to come out on Friday? I'm helping to plan a Hetalia photoshoot/get together, and I really would like to know if the time for the Ask A Nation panel has changed. =)

naomi_censored
07-09-2013, 09:51 PM
Any news on a new ETA for the updated Schedule? :)

Rainbowgasm
07-09-2013, 11:39 PM
The schedule was delayed because of the storm/floods in Toronto...

HidoshiNobunaga
07-10-2013, 08:16 AM
Sorry folks, as Rainbowgasm said, the schedule got delayed due to the flooding and rain, plus a few last-minute issues we only discovered on Friday.

We plan to have it done and posted between tonight and tomorrow morning. This will very likely be 99% true to the final schedule that winds up in the book.

Once the book is gone for printing, if there are any major updates following, they will be noted on Twitter @ConBravoLive, in Guidebook and our mobile app, and signage posted at the con.

CosplayPhotos
07-11-2013, 11:25 AM
Anyone know who I should talk to be a photographer for the convention?

Ani_BEE
07-11-2013, 12:45 PM
They have page here on it and how to contact.
http://conbravo.com/media/

CosplayPhotos
07-11-2013, 01:16 PM
Thank you Ani Bee

naomi_censored
07-11-2013, 05:02 PM
Can I ask what exactly the "Meetups and Photoshoots" thing is? Is it like the photo alley thing they had at anime north? are they for privately arranged meetups, or will there be some sort of theme schedule?

HidoshiNobunaga
07-11-2013, 05:49 PM
No themes. It's open space for meetups and photoshoots to be arranged in. We're leaving it at the discretion of the public. :)

SuperBee
07-14-2013, 07:47 PM
What time is the masquerade?

Rainbowgasm
07-14-2013, 08:51 PM

it says green room starts around 2 and the show is at 5 or 5:30?

Lady Skye
07-15-2013, 09:32 AM

it says green room starts around 2 and the show is at 5 or 5:30?

Masquerade person here, the current plan is green room opens at 3pm for a 6:30pm start. The schedule shows the green room blocked off starting at 2pm to allow us to set up for contestants to start entering at 3.

Also! If anyone is planning a photoshoot or meet up, let us know! We'll advertise the time and location at the cosplay booth :) You can either PM me here, or e-mail us at cosplay @ conbravo.com

SuperBee
07-15-2013, 09:46 AM
Thank you. I am trying to convince the driver to allow me to enter... though he can get grouchy - just didn't know if it would be too late. Also is it too late to enter if he ungrumps and lets me enter?

Lady Skye
07-15-2013, 11:04 AM
Thank you. I am trying to convince the driver to allow me to enter... though he can get grouchy - just didn't know if it would be too late. Also is it too late to enter if he ungrumps and lets me enter?

Not too late to enter at all :) Online registration is currently still open, but we'll also have onsite registration at the cosplay booth Friday night and Saturday morning to early afternoon.

MaiSheri
07-15-2013, 07:12 PM
Well, I'm going to be wearing my Pepper Potts costume on Saturday, so it there are any other Iron Man/Avengers/Marvel people who want to maybe meet and grab some photos, let me know ^_^

I have no idea which costumes I'll be wearing for Friday and Sunday yet...

zeekayart
07-16-2013, 05:54 PM
Can't wait! One more week-ish hahaha!!

Eiloria
07-16-2013, 10:44 PM
Yep, 10 days to go C:! Looking forward to meeting new faces~

NicotineUke
07-17-2013, 02:20 PM
Just thought I'd leave this here!

Hello! This year I am helping to organize the Hetalia photoshoots at ConBravo. ^^

If you'd like to request any pairings or just shots in general, please comment here or message me.

The photoshoots will be as follows:

Saturday at 2 pm at Central Park (which is just north of Cannon St. W and Bay St. N, overall North East of the convention centre)
Sunday at 1 pm at Gore Park (which is just West of the convention centre)

Both of these locations are easily viewed on Google Maps. If you have any questions, please let me know. ^^

AJ the Collector
07-18-2013, 05:18 AM
For those interested and attending Saturday, I'm holding a Homestuck meet at 4:13, with a photoshoot at the Terrace or wherever works best at 6, and we'll all hang out and have fun for as long as folks stay interested and available! :3

Think_Nu
07-18-2013, 01:10 PM
We're Think.Nu and we will be attending Con Bravo 2013 on Saturday the 27th! If you'd like to request a photoshoot with us or like to be in our video like our facebook page and let us know!

Toronto Cosplay Picnic
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mn--z4AuC4I
Anime North 2013
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rkeBm3T4mc
Facebook Page
https://www.facebook.com/think.nu.official

SuperBee
07-18-2013, 04:53 PM
Not too late to enter at all :) Online registration is currently still open, but we'll also have onsite registration at the cosplay booth Friday night and Saturday morning to early afternoon.

Thank you for your answers :)

I will be attending for my first time - as Skull Kid (most likely) as well as the masquerade (most likely) :)

jukebox
07-20-2013, 05:28 AM
It's dawning on me now just how crazy busy I'm gonna be this weekend. @_@

I'm hosting Bad Fanfiction on Friday night once again and would love lots of you guys to come out for it!

And if anyone is doing Mass Effect or other BioWare cosplays on Saturday, I'm (finally!) going to wear Miranda Lawson. :D

Misu_20
07-21-2013, 07:25 PM
Looking forward to conbravo. My sister will be entering the masquerade for the first time and since she is entering i'll be going as well. Just haven't decided which costume to enter. I might do my flaaffy since I will be wearing it all weekend (and have made a new prop for it) although I think the deku princess costume I made for my sister last year would be fun to perform in. Soo undecided...

AuthenticEm
07-21-2013, 08:37 PM
So excited <3 My friend is joining me as a Sailor from Sailor Moon

SuperBee
07-23-2013, 06:43 PM
The registration online isn't working?

siyrean
07-23-2013, 08:08 PM
isn't it passed the deadline?

SuperBee
07-23-2013, 08:22 PM
isn't it passed the deadline?

If that's the case.... oops....

Um I have never entered one before... I just spliced my auto tonight... Now to figure out how to burn it...

*Windows 8 is evil and I don't like it!*

Also - I understand that for the workmanship stuff - you need reference photos - and even though my costume is not that elaborate (but I did use new techniques like making a 3D model then to a pepakura file) you need some shots of it as reference. Do they need to be print outs or can I show pictures on my phone?

*Again Windows 8 is evil and doesn't like to use previous print drivers...*

MaiSheri
07-23-2013, 09:06 PM
If that's the case.... oops....

Um I have never entered one before... I just spliced my auto tonight... Now to figure out how to burn it...

*Windows 8 is evil and I don't like it!*

Also - I understand that for the workmanship stuff - you need reference photos - and even though my costume is not that elaborate (but I did use new techniques like making a 3D model then to a pepakura file) you need some shots of it as reference. Do they need to be print outs or can I show pictures on my phone?

*Again Windows 8 is evil and doesn't like to use previous print drivers...*

Assuming that you are referring to registering for the masquerade and not the con... if the online form doesn't work you can always register in-person at the convention. That's what I will be doing.

From my experience, you can show your reference images to the judges on whatever device you have during workmanship and it shouldn't be a problem. Having things printed out on paper is handier for the judges though since they can keep it for their reference during deliberations if they need to.

itsNeT
07-24-2013, 11:25 PM
So, it'll be my first time going to conbravo. what can i expect?

MaiSheri
07-26-2013, 01:30 AM
So, it'll be my first time going to conbravo. what can i expect?

It might be a little something like this... http://youtu.be/ECH3omjVGPc

HidoshiNobunaga
08-02-2013, 01:49 PM
Thanks to everyone who came out this year! 2605 attendees and a bang-up show for 2013, we're very proud. :)

We'll be returning on July 18-20th next year, Hamilton Convention Centre and the Sheraton Hotel. See you guys then!

MaiSheri
08-08-2013, 10:25 AM
FYI, the Video Ninja has posted the masquerade video online! http://youtu.be/D8hasABI8M4

Related, I'm looking for some info that maybe you can help with... is there/will there be a list of masq winners posted somewhere? Also I didn't catch the names of all the judges, can someone tell me who they were? Thanks!

Lady_Sodina
08-22-2013, 08:16 AM
At long last, I have the elusive Masquerade Winners list!

Congrats to all the winners and thank you for everyone who participated! For those who missed this stunning display of excellence, please see the Video Ninja's masquerade video, which Mai Sheri has posted above.

Drum roll please! Here are the awards:
Junior
“The Very Best award” – entry #1, I wanna be the very best
Novice
Presentation:
“Best Characterization” – entry #17, King of the Snipers
Workmanship:
“Honorable Mention for Painting & Texturing” – entry # 21, Red Pyramid Thing
“Fabric Painting” – entry #5, The One Remaining
“Best Armor” – entry #13, Iron Man
“Finest Clockwork” – entry #15, Wind-Up Doll
Best in class Novice (overall stage/workmanship) – entry #16, Some Things Never Change
Journeyman
Best in class Journeyman (overall stage/workmanship) – entry #7, Business is Booming
Master
Presentation:
“Slowpoke award” – entry #26, True Facts
Workmanship:
“Honorable Mention for felt work” – entry #25, Tuetonic Prussia
Best in Show Presentation – entry #19, Alice
Best in Show Workmanship – entry #2, Ginga Bishounen Takuto

And to answer your question - Judges were Cats Luna of the Moon Roses, Melting Mirror, Featherweight, Elisa (Maven of the Eventide), and Nancy (I have no clue on her alias)!

MaiSheri
08-22-2013, 02:43 PM
Thanks Lady Sodina!