PDA

View Full Version : BBC Sherlock Wig: Help help help!

Mariss242
01-06-2013, 01:56 PM
Oh god, so I'm in trouble. I need to order my Sherlock wig today for it to get in on time for Setsucon.

So, I already know the wig I want. It's the Benny from Arda which you can findhere (http://arda-wigs.com/products/benny).

Now, my conflict lies here: Which color should I get: Natural Black or Dark Brown?

I've looked on the internet for weeks comparing screenshot after screenshot, looking up color charts, and even comparing cosplayer's photos. But I still don't know what to do! The people I send asks to or questions on anywhere from Tumblr to this site never respond back, and I don't want to order the wrong color. My concern is the Dark Brown is too light, or the Natural Black is too dark.

Please, please, please, help me find a color. I will take the majority vote. Thank you for your time.

ChatNoir
01-06-2013, 08:57 PM
While his hair is technically a very dark brown, based on the images for the two colors I'd go with Black just because the "dark brown" seems a little light. I think you'd be fine with either option though. And the style is great! If you're still unsure, maybe search for other Sherlock cosplayers to see what they have done. :)

heaven56
01-07-2013, 01:25 AM
I would go with the d. brow just because black seems too dark.

patriciarakel
01-07-2013, 11:40 AM
You can always dye a lighter wig darker, but it's impossible to dye a darker wig lighter. If getting the color exact is a big thing for you, I would get the Dark Brown and dye it. If you don't have time to dye it before the con, just wait. No one (well, no REASONABLE person, anyways) will judge you for having a slightly off-color wig.

Pawprint29
01-07-2013, 04:12 PM
If you look at the photos on my profile for Sherlock, I have the Arda wig in Natural Black. I think it's perfect.