PDA

View Full Version : Harry Potter and the PoA

baku_neko
03-01-2004, 03:24 PM
Well in case you haven't noticed, the 3rd Harry Potter movie comes out the same weekend A-kon is. So I was wondering if anyone going to A-kon plans on seeing the movie too while they're in the Dallas area.

kelldar
03-01-2004, 04:34 PM
I'd love to :D if I can't find other costumers to go with I'll just go by myself, lol

baku_neko
03-01-2004, 08:45 PM
I was gonna wear just my scarf, tie, and have my wand handy. Robes get too hot...
I might wear black pants and a green shirt with it. Or just a Harry Potter shirt. I'm more worried about my other costumes right now....

Oh, and if the 'green and 'black' didn't clue you in, I'm wearing Slytherin colors. ^____^

Scortia
03-02-2004, 07:21 PM
A big group of us are gonna try to find a theater playing it Thursday at midnight and we'll have a big group of Potter costumes heading to it and to A-kon Friday morning... So far we'll be Lupin (me), Sirius, Severus, Ginny Weasely, Harry, and whoever else plans to join us later on.

kelldar
03-02-2004, 07:39 PM
If you guys don't mind someone else tagging along, I'm bringing my Hermione to wear *_*

Radical Urd
03-02-2004, 07:56 PM
Can we make a date of it, then? I think I'll make my Slytherine robe or my Grifyndor Quidditch robe. I've never been to Dallas cept the airport, so i don't know the movie houses there (yes i call them movie houses :P). We can meet where? On Thursday?

Scortia
03-02-2004, 08:46 PM
We won't know about the movie until closer but we'll post where we are going... we're likely to be in a suburb to see it though because we're staying at one of our member's houses until Friday morning. We want as big of a Potter group for Friday morning photoshoot as possible... all welcome! ^o^ Kell, your Hermoine is adorable! ^.^

zephy
03-02-2004, 08:47 PM
My roommate and I were planning on going to a midnight show here in Philly and dressing up . Now that we decided we're flying out to A-kon we're kinda sad that we'll miss out on the oppurtunity. If anyone decides on anything or knows of any theatres or anything, count us in!

cutelilzombie
03-03-2004, 08:43 AM
oh oh oh! count me in! i was worried i'd miss the opening as well :/

yukitoLeonheart
03-03-2004, 08:48 AM
-_- I hate you all..................not only do you get to go to a convention, you also get to go from a convention to a premiere.......and Kell is wearing her Hermoine and her costume rocks..........

:'(

baku_neko
03-03-2004, 10:27 AM
Well, I'll be up at the hotel Thursday night, so I'm sure someone in the area is doing a midnight screening. If not, then I'll probably go Friday night. My little group of friends down here in Dallas haven't decided what we want to do. Although it'd be awesome though if a mass of HP cosplayers/fans all walked into one theater. The staff would freak. We all should goto together! I'd love to meet some more HP fans!^_~

I'll most likely see the movie like a month before it comes out since I work at a movie theater and we get to go to screenings, but I'm so going to go opening night just cause I wouldn't be a true HP fan if I didn't!

kelldar
03-03-2004, 04:00 PM
hee thanks ^-^ I gotta fix it up before I wear it again.
I'm going to be at the hotel thursday night too - maybe closer to the con we could organize anyone who wants to go and split a taxi or something.

Radical Urd
03-03-2004, 05:18 PM
We can't meet at the hotel :( Cause i would like to hitch a ride with someone, please! *begs and whimpers on your pants leg*

baku_neko
03-04-2004, 09:04 AM
hee thanks ^-^ I gotta fix it up before I wear it again.
I'm going to be at the hotel thursday night too - maybe closer to the con we could organize anyone who wants to go and split a taxi or something.

We could all just meet at the DART (Dallas' light rail system) station that's near by. We can fit more people into a train than we could a taxi. And it's cheaper. ^_^

Radical Urd
03-04-2004, 07:57 PM
oh i've never heard of that... is it close (within walking distance) to the hotel?

baku_neko
03-05-2004, 11:32 PM
It sure is! It's like right next to a station!

HikaruMiazaki
03-07-2004, 02:04 AM
I have a Padfoot outfit ^o^ I plan on going to the movie as well (Before or After Miyavi concert though!!) Hee hee xD I need a Moony.

Piper
03-08-2004, 12:08 PM
Hey guys! Count me in! I was planning on going as just a random Ravenclaw student since I'm not too particular about any one character...

This is exciting, I was sad because I was going to have to go to a later ::in the week:: showing and I would feel silly in my costume when it's not a premeire...

:) Can't Wait

zephy
03-16-2004, 07:54 PM
I'd be all for taking public transit if there were locals leading the way who knew where the hell we're going, etc. Being the lovely out of towner, I'd feel kinda silly getting lost in a foreign city. Too bad its not Philly.... I'm the queen of Septa!!! (Philadelphia area's mass transit system)

baku_neko
03-17-2004, 10:42 AM
Well, I do know of one DART rail stop that's right out side a United Artist (the stop at Greenville/Park Lane). It's an 8 screen, and it's pretty likely they'll get HP. If I'm looking at the rail routes correctly, it'll be about a 15-20 minute ride from the hotel.

If anyone else knows about another theater (hopefully a larger one than the one I mentioned) that has a DART rail stop by it, please post! I think there's another stop that's close to a megaplex (like walking distance). But I can't think of it... >_<

Sundance Kid
03-19-2004, 07:57 PM
Last year, finding nemo came out and me and my friends just went in our costumes! It totally freaked the staff out to see Inuyasha's clan (I was Inu) and Lulu walk through the theater! lol! ^_^ Anyway, I've got a group of about hmmm...say 8-10 friends going to a-kon so I don't know if we can make it to the premiere but we'll try! Just keep me posted on where you're going to meet! ^_^

Scortia
03-19-2004, 08:05 PM
wow the clan is getting large... we need to look into maybe a theater by the Adams Mark... it's probably worth getting there THursday just because the room may be on a lower level... I'll post about theaters and stuff when it comes time to preorder tickets. ^^ *flashes her Haru costume to Sundance Kid* :P

shin kurenai
03-20-2004, 08:51 AM
fun links!!

http://www.dart.org/riding.asp?zeon=maplrt

(adams mark is at pearl st)

most theatres are along the blue line

im not sure but i think the dart rails stop running like around midnight - 4 am

might have to organize other transportation!

but fear not~ its not really a long drive. probably. i hope. :3

Sundance Kid
03-20-2004, 01:47 PM
O_O HARU!!!!!!!!! *glomps scortia* ^_^

baku_neko
03-20-2004, 05:29 PM
im not sure but i think the dart rails stop running like around midnight - 4 am

might have to organize other transportation!

but fear not~ its not really a long drive. probably. i hope. :3

I think it's 1 AM. Can't be sure.

If we go to a midnight screening on Thurs. night (if any theaters are doing one that is), this will be a problem. But if we goto a showing on Friday, which is opening day, we can go during the evening and use the train to get there and back. I rather do this really. I tihnk it'll mean less headaches for some people. ^_^

HikaruMiazaki
04-08-2004, 02:11 PM
Where should we meet up before we head off on Friday? Also I'm needing times! ^_^ I guess I'll show up at A-Kon wearing my Padfoot outfit :)

kelldar
04-08-2004, 08:40 PM
hee I'm so excited about going to a movie in costume.... and actually having other people in costume with me!! XD XD

Sundance Kid
04-09-2004, 01:47 PM
Yeah...going in costume totally rocks!

Trinity
04-12-2004, 06:58 AM
At this point I'm hoping to go see the movie on Friday, and I think a few other people share my thoughts on that account. However, it really just depends. I know the Dallas theaters will truly be scenes of mass chaos, and at the same time I have no idea of what will be going on con-wise. If I'm not needed or wanted at the con at that time for anything, it's possible that I just might sneak away. I really want to see the movie.

What are everyone else's plans?

Scortia
04-12-2004, 10:02 AM
Our group will still push for midnight on Thursday just for the sake of not missing the con... granted, it may not be playing then but we're hoping it does... otherwise, Friday sometime... hopefully not interfering with the concerts but that'll be difficult.

baku_neko
04-12-2004, 10:17 AM
Truth be told, I'll probably see it like a few weeks before it comes out since I work at a movie theater and we get to goto screenings...but I still want to go on opening day...or a midnight showing...so I can dress up...

I totally forgot that the concert was Friday! Ack! Oh I hope someone is screening it at midnight!

HikaruMiazaki
04-13-2004, 04:29 PM
Perhaps.. we can go in the morning? Lol

Artema
05-06-2004, 12:47 AM
Ou ou! If I can get Severus finished in time, I'll go as him... but otherwise I'll be coming as Harriet Potter, Harry's female alter-ego. :3

I live in Arlington, and I'm planning on getting to the hotel on Thursday night. I'd love to see PoA with a group of costumers! :3

Saikolady
05-06-2004, 02:42 PM
Me, my boyfriend and my best friend are going to see it Sunday after the convention is over, since it ends at like 6..

I'm in Arkansas, my boyfriend is in Winnipeg and my best friend is in Mesquite XD! My boyfriend is driving down from Canada a week before the con and I'm leaving in a week for Texas :D We're staying at the Adam's Mark noon Thursday through noon Sunday ^_^;

Scortia
05-12-2004, 10:26 AM
My gang plans to hit the 12:01 AM showing of Potter on early Friday morning *because we think we need no sleep I guess* at the 100 Loews Cineplex http://www.fandango.com/theater.asp?chain_id=SONY&theater_id=AABTE_LIVE&distance=15&refreshdate=6/3/2004 which is less than 2 miles from the hotel... Getting a cab (let's cram 8 into a cab... we can do it >_<) seems like the only way to get back to the hotel at that time of night though. ^^;;;;

shin kurenai
05-13-2004, 04:20 AM
i dont mind driving to see this movie!

i am familiar with the area as well

i can fit 5 people in my car

Takura
05-14-2004, 11:35 PM
Ill be going to see it friday night (Hoping a certain someone will join me :p) hehe.. No costume though =/

baku_neko
05-15-2004, 10:16 PM
Muwhaha, my predictions rang true. (^see previous post^)

I get to see Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban this Wensday.

^___________^

Blah, it's at 9 am though. I hope I wake up in time.

I'm still gonna goto opening night or a midnight showing, and PAY for my ticket since I wouldn't be a true Harry Potter fan if I didn't. ^_^

taiki
05-17-2004, 05:50 PM
blerb. I need a ride when I show up. I hope some of the people i"m staying with go >_>;;;;

Cherry
05-18-2004, 05:24 PM
^_^ I am going as Harry Potter to the premiere @ Midnight! Who all is up on this train? :D I'm going to have my new Harry done. My old harry picture is here:

http://www.candyhearts.net/images/Cospics/Harry13.jpg

Mwaha. I got hired at Walden books once to be a Harry Potter look alike. I am a 13 year old boy. ::Dance:: xD

Cherry
05-18-2004, 05:25 PM
I can drive people to the cinema!

kelldar
05-18-2004, 05:56 PM
Unfornately I have no clue what theater I'm going to... a friend of mine who lives in Dallas is getting tickets and stuff for me. If I don't see any of you guys at the theater... maybe I'll see some of ya at the hotel afterwards if you're already there!

taiki
05-18-2004, 06:17 PM
Cherry: I'll be in! I'm trying to figure out what situation I'm in as far as who's oging where, but if you're sure you're going and you can give ride, I have gas money ^^;

Cherry
05-18-2004, 08:33 PM
Score! Sounds like a plan. Kell, Scortia posted earlier in the thread the closet theater, and which one we are going to if you wanna come.

taiki
05-19-2004, 03:24 PM
Cherry: Sweet! hit me up on aim with where you guys are meeting up pre-movie @.@

HikaruMiazaki
05-22-2004, 02:31 AM
Scortia: Can I go with your group? XD I want to go to the movie with a group *_* yet I don't have one. Unless someone wants to make another group for another time? Lol I'll be doing, once again, Padfoot :)

Cherry
05-22-2004, 02:57 AM
Scortia, we have to figure out rides. Like I said. I have a car that can seat four other people. Five total, including me.

Scortia
05-22-2004, 08:25 AM
Yeah I'm hoping we'll have cars... they talked about taking taxis because the Texas group is made up of people either paranoid about driving in downtown Dallas or who don't want to pay the parking fee all weekend. I think in the end taking any other mode of transportation with costumes will change their minds ^_^ HikaruMiazaki... if we somehow make sense of our driving arrangements and have the space you're quite welcome to join in... currently we have about 8-10 going.

Cherry
05-22-2004, 01:58 PM
Baaaaaah. Well. Figure out something, and I'm all yers.

--Did someone order my ticket already?

Scortia
05-22-2004, 05:09 PM
Jenny (Chii) is making the order this week because no one else will. ~_~ Probably on Monday.

Bamph
05-22-2004, 05:19 PM
Well Cherry...I guess you were right about the H.P. fan base. Looks like I should start making wand and broom props among other things. ::smiles:: Have a nice evening everyone.

Cherry
05-23-2004, 12:27 AM
Well Cherry...I guess you were right about the H.P. fan base. Looks like I should start making wand and broom props among other things. ::smiles:: Have a nice evening everyone.

::Click tongue:: When are you going to realize that I'm never wrong.

kelldar
05-23-2004, 09:39 AM
ah, thanks Cherry, I didn't even see that!
Ok, that's the one I'm going to now, regardless- I bought tickets :D
Hee I'm so excited, here in Memphis I'm the only one who shows up in costume...

priscellie
05-23-2004, 03:30 PM
Hey, I'm Priscilla, Kell's "friend who lives in Dallas," and I'm organizing a big group of friends to see PoA at midnight, and I'd love to join you guys. Which Loews Cineplex will you be going to? Keystone or Cityplace? Cityplace is just a few blocks from my house and right next to a DART station, and Keystone is just a 20 minute drive away. Not sure if there's a DART station close by, but I'd imagine there probably is. I could certainly provide transportation to the hotel if the DART has closed by the time PoA gets out.

Scortia
05-23-2004, 03:34 PM
Cityplace according to the link... it's less than 2 miles from the hotel. ^^

kelldar
05-23-2004, 03:59 PM
yay priscellie!! XD

priscellie
05-23-2004, 09:31 PM
Perfect!

Oh -- and Kell mentioned that there would be a group dressing up as the X-Men. I made a movie!Nightcrawler costume for Halloween last year, and I'd love to join them for a day. I've been itching for an excuse to reapply that horrible blue makeup! Do any of you know how I could get in contact with them, or which day they're dressing up?

kelldar
05-24-2004, 03:20 PM
You've got to register to view posts at the akon board, but the X-Men thread is here:
http://www.a-kon.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard.cgi?;act=ST;f=77;t=84

I hope that works...

Cherry
05-24-2004, 08:49 PM
ah, thanks Cherry, I didn't even see that!
Ok, that's the one I'm going to now, regardless- I bought tickets :D
Hee I'm so excited, here in Memphis I'm the only one who shows up in costume...

It'll be fun! I have to get some pictures with you and such. Feel free to IM me on "Malice Mizer" and such. If you want a ride to the cinema, I still have space in my car. Shot gun has yet to be sniped.

The X-Men group sounds like fun. I'll be bringing Gambit... Many many chers to hit on. ^_^ ::Cajun dance::

HikaruMiazaki
05-24-2004, 10:57 PM
Humm okay Scortia ^^;; sorry for like.. intruding ><;;; I just don't want to go alone XD I can get there myself with my own car tho, I'd be glad to take people along ^^;; my 'rents will be driving me because it's going to be a rental car (I'm from the east coast) xD And I'm too young to drive a rental LOL Foo. <3

baku_neko
05-25-2004, 12:32 AM
Well...

I saw it.

:blinks:

PM me if you want to know what I thought. Wouldn't want to spoil anything for anyone here.

Bamph
05-25-2004, 04:24 PM
Shotgun! No Joust!

Scortia
05-25-2004, 06:25 PM
Unfair baka_neko. *pouts* I'm just happy that the new commercial clearly showed Quidditch being in this movie... without having Oliver Wood this time around I feared they'd cut that really important scene... but indeed, it was storming in the commercial.. yaaaaay. Well it seems like there'll be a bunch of us with cars and all to get there... should we all meet in HP costume (or not if you don't have one) at around 10:30PM in the main Lobby? for pics then to drive off? I recommend everyone preorders their tickets.

Asmaria
05-25-2004, 07:48 PM
Meep. I just finally got access to my computer so I could post(I'm having to share it so I am not on much at all), but um, if I wanted to join you guys, would I need to preorder my tickets myself? Which theater is it? ^^ I'm probably coming in way too late, but oh well, it's worth a shot.

Cherry
05-25-2004, 10:31 PM
Meep. I just finally got access to my computer so I could post(I'm having to share it so I am not on much at all), but um, if I wanted to join you guys, would I need to preorder my tickets myself? Which theater is it? ^^ I'm probably coming in way too late, but oh well, it's worth a shot.

Loooook earlier in the thread!

baku_neko
05-26-2004, 12:26 PM
Unfair baka_neko.

LOL, sorry...^_^

To be honest with you I was very disappointed. Not going to telll you guys why, but if you are a hard core fan of the 3rd book, you might be upset....

I don't like this new director.

Cherry
05-26-2004, 05:12 PM
LOL, sorry...^_^

To be honest with you I was very disappointed. Not going to telll you guys why, but if you are a hard core fan of the 3rd book, you might be upset....

I don't like this new director.

I just saw it too, and I actually thought it was really good.

It goes out of the lines a little at a few points, but all in all, for taking on a new project that was not originally his, the director did great.

The movie's going to be good, guys! Don't listen to him. ^_^

kelldar
05-26-2004, 05:51 PM
10:30 in the lobby sounds good to me.
I can't wait to take pics with everybody :B

So far that's the only negative review I've seen of it.
As I've said before, I'm going into it with low expectations, so even if it's only decent it'll surpass what I'm expecting XD

Scortia
05-26-2004, 06:04 PM
dang I wish I had connections for early showings of movies ;_; I'm already prepared... knowing that the innuendo-ish dialogue that made me love the book will most likely be wiped away. oh well... nothing can be worse than the Hagrid-love ending of the 2nd movie. >_< Yes, 10:30... the Potter cosplayers will rule the Adams Mark ;p

baku_neko
05-26-2004, 07:40 PM
I just saw it too, and I actually thought it was really good.

It goes out of the lines a little at a few points, but all in all, for taking on a new project that was not originally his, the director did great.

The movie's going to be good, guys! Don't listen to him. ^_^

Erm...her. Not him. ^_^

Sorry, I just didn't like how they didn't do certain things, and changed the order of certain events. And the new modern look he gave it kinda irked me too.

As a movie, it was great, but as a potrayal of the 3rd book, it was okay I guess. I guess I was spoiled by the first two. ^__^

I'm going to go see it when it opens offically, so maybe I'll like it better the second time around. ^_~

HikaruMiazaki
05-27-2004, 04:47 PM
Well... I haven't seen it yet but I know already I'm dissapointed with David Thewlis being Remus >< I love Remus and he is so not Remus for me. Blarg. Oh well. 10:30 sounds good to me. I want to rush it to the concert as well which is at 5 I think. Blah. I'll go pre-order my tickets now :)

Scortia
05-27-2004, 06:15 PM
*hugs David Thewlis* He has a Remus nose! well in my sad little vision of Remus he does. ;p They put a silly moustache on you David but I still love you. ;p I just don't like the wrongness in heights - ie Sirius is way shorter than Remus. But, that's ok because they're good actors and deserving of the roles.

10:30 as in 10:30 PM on Thursday night... not an interference with the concerts at all.... the show is at midnight

HikaruMiazaki
05-27-2004, 09:27 PM
Ah I see :) Okay so we're seeing it at 12:01 am in the morning? lol okay XD good those are the tickets I bought too lol

Scortia
05-27-2004, 09:38 PM
whoo, I was hoping you didn't get stuck with the wrong show ^_^ yeah that's the one

HikaruMiazaki
05-27-2004, 09:49 PM
So where will we meet on Thursday? Is the con open then? *scratches head* Sorry, I've never been to A-Kon before lol

HikaruMiazaki
05-27-2004, 09:51 PM
Hmm you know actually I might not do Sirius lol. I have a Gryffindor outfit.. who do you need? I could perhaps be Ron or something lol

Eek sorry for the double post >< I thought I was editing it but I guess not T_T I hit the wrong button lol

Scortia
05-27-2004, 10:01 PM
I say main lobby wherever it'll be (since hardly any of us have been to the Adams Mark). I'd assume that main lobby will be check-in and registration space on the first floor. just look for capes ;p

Cherry
05-27-2004, 10:48 PM
Okay. So!

THURSDAY HARRY POTTER GROUP IS MEETING AT 10:30 IN THE LOBBY
(Near check in, since we don't know where everything is)

Showing is at 12:01 am.

:) I may be a little late, though. I am going to the Psycho Le Cemu Private Party. I'll just leave a lil early.

HikaruMiazaki
05-28-2004, 12:32 AM
Well lol looks like I'm going as Ron Weasley now. I have a wig for him and stuff :) Yay for the Gryffindor Trio! I guess... lol XD *sleepy*

10:30? Eeee I'm coming in on thursday after my school graduation. I'll be leaving Maryland at 5:30 I believe and it takes about three hours to get there? So I'll be at the DFW airport around 9:00 >< Omfg I hope I can make it to the gathering in time. LOL I'll have to get on the plane in costume :P People are going to think I'm crazy.

Cherry
05-28-2004, 01:11 AM
Well lol looks like I'm going as Ron Weasley now. I have a wig for him and stuff :) Yay for the Gryffindor Trio! I guess... lol XD *sleepy*

10:30? Eeee I'm coming in on thursday after my school graduation. I'll be leaving Maryland at 5:30 I believe and it takes about three hours to get there? So I'll be at the DFW airport around 9:00 >< Omfg I hope I can make it to the gathering in time. LOL I'll have to get on the plane in costume :P People are going to think I'm crazy.

Mwahaha. You and I will have to get many pictures, yes we shall.

accelagirl
05-28-2004, 02:34 AM
actually, i might be getting my little cousin to cosplay harry potter and come with us (he's a little middle school carbon copy which my friends strain to keep themselves from fondling him -_-!!) so that'll be fun~~ i want group photoshoot >:O

my original plan was to go as Sirius and take cuteycutey lovelove piccies with him, but i think he's too weirded out by that idea... so i could always just go as Bellatrix (with a little Hello, my name is Bellatrix tag on me....) :/ *liked her original idea*

Asmaria
05-28-2004, 07:02 AM
Whee~ I hope I didn't annoy anyone with my pointless questions. ^^ But now I have a ticket! :D I plan to take a taxi, unless someone has extra car space? I feel cheap cause I don't have a costume, but I at least have a scarf. xO

Zania
05-28-2004, 09:26 AM
My gang plans to hit the 12:01 AM showing of Potter on early Friday morning *because we think we need no sleep I guess* at the 100 Loews Cineplex http://www.fandango.com/theater.asp?chain_id=SONY&theater_id=AABTE_LIVE&distance=15&refreshdate=6/3/2004 which is less than 2 miles from the hotel... Getting a cab (let's cram 8 into a cab... we can do it >_<) seems like the only way to get back to the hotel at that time of night though. ^^;;;;

Wheee! Finally found the post that tells me WHERE. I live in Houston, so I'm driving up, but I work on Thursday and I can't leave Houston till 6pm... which should put me into Dallas around 10pm. Since I'm staying with relatives Thursday night, my sister and I will just go directly to the theatre. I just didn't want us to be the only ones in costume! LOL!

Glad to see there's a group going!

HikaruMiazaki
05-28-2004, 02:06 PM
Mwahaha. You and I will have to get many pictures, yes we shall.

Haha yeah with Kell, Kell is bringing Hermione, yes? Just a warning I'm short :thumbsup: so I'll be a short Ron Weasley. Also ~_~ I don't think my wig is going to be orange enough >< Grrrr!

kelldar
05-29-2004, 11:25 AM
Yes indeed!
I just need to remember to braid my hair wednesday night so it'll be crinkly. :D

Cherry
05-29-2004, 01:06 PM
OMG. I just got my official PoA scarf and tie.. AND ITS LIKE MERLOT PURPLE!!!

PURPLE.

accelagirl
05-29-2004, 01:28 PM
o_O... purple? for...wha...? o-O? what is the official scarf supposed to be of...?

Cherry
05-30-2004, 01:37 AM
o_O... purple? for...wha...? o-O? what is the official scarf supposed to be of...?

o.o What was the question here.

ThatYaoiBoy
05-30-2004, 01:23 PM
I have the offical PoA tie... Alivans XD;;; yay for them. So you all are going to A-Kon? Murr I might be able to go. Hope I can, perhaps not. Look around for a random Gryffindor goer na no da! lol

Ryuichi in Gryffindor!! :D

shin kurenai
05-30-2004, 02:52 PM
ill give 4 people a ride if i get an extra ticket out of it!

:3

(i'm such a snakey bastard)

ThatYaoiBoy
05-30-2004, 09:42 PM
I can't go after all. Sorry people! Have college to pay for. My parents griped at me

nutterhatter
05-31-2004, 03:49 AM
Hey guys, you have such a great idea! Wish I could join.
we are going to a midnight opening in our city but I had to buy the tickets in advance (via Fandango) We always had to buy our tickets in advance because all these much-anticipated movies really sell out fast.
so take this as a sound advice:
Reserve/buy your tickets first if you really don't want to miss out.

HikaruMiazaki
05-31-2004, 04:31 PM
Ohh I went to this alivans place and ordered me a PoA tie too! The one I made was breaking apart anyways. :3 yay for this, I can't wait till thursday!

AND EEP! My Ron wig and wig dye hasn't come in yet :( I hope it does in time for PoA!

taiki
05-31-2004, 06:31 PM
Cherry: Am I still going with you? :3

Cherry
05-31-2004, 07:00 PM
Cherry: Am I still going with you? :3

I believe so.

So far. I have
Myself
Ayn
Taiki
Nicole
Asmaria

taiki
05-31-2004, 07:15 PM
Goodie. :3

hope to see everyone there!

baku_neko
06-01-2004, 03:26 PM
Ok, my group is set. We drove down to the theater (we live close to it) and got the tickets. When we got them there were only 180 seats out of 500 left, so if you haven't got your tickets yet, GO BUY THEM!

Zelyre
06-01-2004, 05:03 PM
Bah, you folks are lucky... doesn't look like anyone in the Chicago suburbs wants to see it. :(

So, I'll be at the theatre on Thursday/Friday at 12:01... in my costume. Probably the only one...

But, grab pics! I definatly want to see other people's costumes :D

HuongStar
06-02-2004, 08:54 AM
If you all are planning a gathering and/or photoshoot, please leave a note the "Official Gatherings" thread in the A-kon forum with the time, date, and location of your gathering.

Thanks!

Cherry
06-02-2004, 11:34 AM
If you all are planning a gathering and/or photoshoot, please leave a note the "Official Gatherings" thread in the A-kon forum with the time, date, and location of your gathering.

Thanks!

I already mentioned it in that thread. And this is more of a movie-gathering. With ticket money involved. ^_~ So it isn't really just a photo shoot. We only say meet in the lobby to establish rides, but thank you.

baku_neko
06-02-2004, 12:57 PM
I suggest that you all get to the theatre about 2 to 3 hours early. There will be a line, and if you want good seats you gotta get there early.

taiki
06-05-2004, 10:07 AM
bah. i think cherry's group just blew me off o_o either that or i didn't follow something on this thread.