PDA

View Full Version : Les MisÚrables

Royalbakaness
01-15-2013, 12:15 PM
Just wondering if anyone has cosplayed from Les Mis, or if they're planning to. I put together a quick Eponine costume for the midnight showing of the movie, and I really liked dressing up as her, so I was considering putting a bit more detail into it.
Anyone else? From the stage musical, the movie, the book?

ichigo_m.
01-15-2013, 12:47 PM
I might end up cosplaying Cosette's blue dress from the musical. (:

Royalbakaness
01-15-2013, 02:03 PM
I might end up cosplaying Cosette's blue dress from the musical. (:

That would be so pretty! I don't see many Cosette cosplayers; I hope you do it! ^_^

Mirai Noah
01-16-2013, 02:47 AM
I've always wanted to cosplay as Cosette :)

Royalbakaness
01-17-2013, 12:19 PM
I've always wanted to cosplay as Cosette :)

You should do it!
I'm seriously considering doing Eponine for Anime Boston (even though I'd have to drop Belarus). I want to do the outfit she wore in the movie. We'll see what happens...but even if I don't wear it to AB I am determined to make it!

youjik33
02-04-2013, 11:32 PM
I just saw a phenomenal production of the musical on Saturday and it left me with the burning desire to crossplay Enjolras for Shutocon in April, but it's going to depend on how cheaply I can pull it off -- planning on going to Goodwill tomorrow to look for a red vest... or a red shirt I can pull the arms off of XD

The weird gold stripes on the vest are... interesting, I think I'm going to have to just go to Joann Fabrics and see what kinds of options I have. There seem to be some different variations on exactly what they look like. I'm finding myself with the urge to watch the movie again now too, heh.

Royalbakaness
02-05-2013, 08:24 AM
I just saw a phenomenal production of the musical on Saturday and it left me with the burning desire to crossplay Enjolras for Shutocon in April, but it's going to depend on how cheaply I can pull it off -- planning on going to Goodwill tomorrow to look for a red vest... or a red shirt I can pull the arms off of XD

The weird gold stripes on the vest are... interesting, I think I'm going to have to just go to Joann Fabrics and see what kinds of options I have. There seem to be some different variations on exactly what they look like. I'm finding myself with the urge to watch the movie again now too, heh.

Yay Enjy!!!! I love Enjolras so much...And yeah, there are a lot of different interpretations of all the outfits.
Can't wait to see your cosplay!

Lemon-Squeezy
02-05-2013, 03:05 PM
Ooh, if I do anyone it would Enjolras so I could rock that vest lol. I was a little sad in the movie it was so... gaudy ha ha

Identity-Crisis
02-10-2013, 12:12 AM
I almost want to cosplay Javert, but I know I'd be alone in this and have no one to do it with.
That and I don't know if I could pull it off.

Royalbakaness
02-11-2013, 08:22 AM
I almost want to cosplay Javert, but I know I'd be alone in this and have no one to do it with.
That and I don't know if I could pull it off.

Eh, I'm gonna be alone doing Eponine at AB this year, but I don't really care; I was also alone dressing up for the movie premiere, so I guess I'm used to it ^_^
Which Javert were you thinking of? The stage Javert or the movie musical Javert?

Identity-Crisis
02-11-2013, 11:07 AM
Either one, though I could probably pull offf movie musical better since I'm pretty short.
And movie Javert had some pretty hilariously awesome outfits.

Royalbakaness
02-11-2013, 12:39 PM
Either one, though I could probably pull offf movie musical better since I'm pretty short.
And movie Javert had some pretty hilariously awesome outfits.

That he did. Crowe looked so adorable in his outfit at the very beginning ^_^

Identity-Crisis
02-11-2013, 04:02 PM
I laughed when I first saw it, but it's really starting to grow on me.

Royalbakaness
03-03-2013, 05:20 PM
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3357418/
So here is a bad picture of my movie-musical Eponine. I will probably wear a hat some of the time I cosplay her. I know she doesn't wear one with this outfit, but I like the hat ^_^

Identity-Crisis
03-03-2013, 11:58 PM
Too bad about the picture quality. It looks good so far.
The hat is nice, wear the hat.

Royalbakaness
03-04-2013, 08:23 AM
Too bad about the picture quality. It looks good so far.
The hat is nice, wear the hat.

Yeah, it's in a dark room with my phone, so...
But I will be sure to get some good pictures at the con! I'm thinking of making up a letter like Cosette left for Marius, which Eponine then stole. I just like having props.
And yeah, I love my hat (it's different from the one in my closet cosplay), and it might make me a tad bit more recognizable.
I'm stoked for the con; guess there are going to be a few Les Mis cosplayers ^_^

Identity-Crisis
03-04-2013, 07:59 PM
Oh, yeah I props are nice. Even small things like that.
The hat's sort of a staple of the Eponine costume isn't it?
Ah, nice.

Royalbakaness
03-05-2013, 08:29 AM
Oh, yeah I props are nice. Even small things like that.
The hat's sort of a staple of the Eponine costume isn't it?
Ah, nice.

Well, I think she's well-known for the hat, though she didn't wear it with the outfit I'm doing. But, like props, I love hats, so I will likely be donning it often ^_^

ScarletRhapsody
03-05-2013, 09:59 AM
Let's see...I cosplayed as Fantine from the anime version of Les Miserables that was released a few years ago. Yes, an anime version of the Victor Hugo novel exists. It's an adventure trying to find all the fansubs.

Here's Fantine: http://www.acparadise.com/acp/display.php?c=65537

Royalbakaness
03-05-2013, 11:26 AM
Let's see...I cosplayed as Fantine from the anime version of Les Miserables that was released a few years ago. Yes, an anime version of the Victor Hugo novel exists. It's an adventure trying to find all the fansubs.

Here's Fantine: http://www.acparadise.com/acp/display.php?c=65537

Yyyyyyesssss! I've wanted to watch that for so long!!! I've seen clips from it and all but have never watched the actual show. Eponine looks like Aerith from FFVII to me in that anime XD
You look so pretty as Fantine! I love it!

Royalbakaness
03-13-2013, 04:58 PM
Blah! So not happy. I wanna upload some pictures I took in my Eponine cosplay, but I keep getting an error message :-( If anyone wants to see them, they're on my dA account (link in my signature).

PandaLawliet
09-02-2013, 01:15 AM
Why do I see this in september! T_T

Anyways I have a Grantaire costume in the works.

Royalbakaness
09-02-2013, 07:47 AM
Why do I see this in september! T_T

Anyways I have a Grantaire costume in the works.

Ha, no worries, the Les Mis love is still here.
Awesome! Gotta love Grantaire!

Elsinora
09-02-2013, 02:43 PM
Someday, I want to go with someone to a con as Valjean and Javert, split up, and launch into a full rendition of "The Confrontation" every time we happen to cross paths. Unfortunately, none of my friends has any interest in doing this with me. Boo.

Enjolras (either movie or stage, I haven't decided) is definitely on my future cosplay list, though.

Royalbakaness
09-02-2013, 04:07 PM
Someday, I want to go with someone to a con as Valjean and Javert, split up, and launch into a full rendition of "The Confrontation" every time we happen to cross paths. Unfortunately, none of my friends has any interest in doing this with me. Boo.

Good. Lord. THAT WOULD BE AWESOME!!!!!
That's maybe my favorite song/scene in the musical/movie.

PandaLawliet
09-02-2013, 07:09 PM
This Makes me want to find an Enjolras(Or group of Les Miserable cosplayers) to walk around with at a con.

PandaLawliet
09-02-2013, 07:14 PM
This Makes me want to find an Enjolras(Or group of Les Miserable cosplayers) to walk around with at a con.
Miserables*

Elsinora
09-03-2013, 03:35 AM

If you ever come to a con in the Midwest, I'll happily seize the excuse to finally make an Enjolras costume. Grantaire, put that bottle down! :D

PandaLawliet
09-03-2013, 03:42 PM
I go to a lot of midwest conventions :)

CardinalWinter
09-04-2013, 03:27 PM
I'm planning on doing Eponine cross dressing at the barricades!

PandaLawliet
09-04-2013, 03:44 PM
We need to have a thing happen at a convention or something so we can all get awesome pictures.

Elsinora
09-09-2013, 11:51 AM
We need to have a thing happen at a convention or something so we can all get awesome pictures.

^^TRUTH.

PandaLawliet
09-29-2013, 01:36 PM
It seems I have found us a Cosette :D